Homless Getting Bullied?

CandyStar

I've noticed there has a been a trend going around where people take selfies with the unfortunate to make themselves look better by comparison and use them like a prop, which imo, is rude and mean spirited. I've also noticed while there are fake homeless people too, but i'm only focusing on the real deal here. I'm sure there are times where people will tease them and make them perform for the money they say they'll give them. Its not only degrading, its disgusting behavior in many people's eyes. I've witnessed three teenagers say they'll give the guy $20, if he barks like a dog for them.

Next they make them say he's a loser, and that he begs for money, its a sad thing to see. These people are suffering and these teens have no respect for him, I wanted to say something, but i'm not confrontational. Now picture this: You got a man just sitting on a bench, trying to get by, and these kids just belittling him the best they can at his expense. That's not only harassment, its a childish thing to do. What would you do in this situation?

Archived