Journey to Alpha Centaur-E (Sign up in OOC)

Smartbrony

It is a golden age for ponykind. With the cooperation of Princess Luna and Princess Twilight, Equestria was able to send a regular pony into space and return successfully. Many astronomers have been excited at the prospect of life on other planets in the universe, and the majority of the topics center around the fifth planet from the sun in the Alpha Centaur system, Alpha Centaur-E. A spacecraft was designed, one that could transport a group of ponies to Alpha Centaur-E with the goal of finding new life and to determine whether the planet is habitable for ponies. You are one of the ponies assigned to this ship, dubbed the E.S.S. Everfree.

The launch center, a massive observatory in Canterlot, is where we begin our story. At the front door, a mare earth pony, with a yellow coat and pink/blue mane, waits to greet the crew members and show them to the waiting room. It's a simple room, with couches, a television, stereo, and an amazing view of Canterlot. Here, you will meet your crew mates for the first time and prepare for your journey to Alpha Centaur-E.

Livewire trotted down the street. Her face was lit up with sheer happiness for the grand opportunity that had been beset on her. She was going to a planet! A different one then the one she was born on!

She remembered being contacted and nearly broke out in a triumphant cry at the news! She knew how to grow plants like weeds! No pun intended. She was sure that she could grow food for her fellow crew members with ease!

As well she had her Forcom on her foreleg. It would be used to catalog the plant life and animal life on the planet! She couldn't contain her excitement. The unicorn nearly skipping to the launch building.

Stopping when she saw the mare at the entrance she waved. Her magic working on her Forcom.

" Hello! I'm Livewire! I have been chosen to go to space! Is this the place where I'm supposed to go?" Her voice came to the mare as she set her hoof down.

Agile walked towards the meeting room, his hoofsteps echoing soundly through the streets.  His expression was stern, stoic-like an everlasting deadpan.  He was in full uniform, his wings preened to perfection.  Although his demeanor was defensive and hostile, he was beaming on the inside: Chosen for a new mission!  Handpicked by his Captain!  It was an honour indeed...

He nodded to the two mares at the entrance " Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Wonderbolts Agile Speeds reporting,"  He peered inside the waiting room, noting the couch and stereo.  He straightened his stance, his front right hoof saluting his comrades.  He gave them both a cold stare, one filled with offensive and defensive might.  Although he seemed attentative, his mind was elsewhere.

"Prune...there's something.  Something important...I have to tell you."

"Anything, Agile.  You can tell me anything.  Is it good news?"

"Not...exactly."

"Oh.  What is it?  This mare is curious."

"It's just that...well..I've been...I've been chosen to take part in a new mission: to scout the planet Alpha Centaur E."

"For real?!  That's amazing!  Make sure to take plenty of notes for me, okay?  You know how much I'm interested in new places-not just as a writer, too!"

"You...aren't upset?"

"Upset?  Why in Equestria would I be upset?  Seriously, just because I'm your marefriend doesn't mean I can't survive without you for a few weeks."

"It might be a bit more than a few weeks, Prune."

"Like, a month?"

"..."

"Two months?"

"..."

"A...year?"

"I'm so sorry, Prune.  All they told me was that I'd be there to scout if the planet is fit for Equestrian life."

"No..no...you can't leave me for that long."

"I'm sorry, so, so sorry.  I don't know when I'll be back, but I promise that I'll come back."

"How could you do this?  Just agree without asking me?  How...could you?"

"Prune, I-"

"Don't.  You don't know when you'll be back.  I don't know if I'll ever see you again.  You're leaving me.  Alone.  Forever."

"I swear in the name of Celestia's Sun that I'l come back.  I swear, Prune.  I could never leave you."                                               

"No, you don't get it.  What if you don't see her Sun on Alpha Cen-tore E?  Just...go."

"Prune...you know I love you.  I'll come back.  I'll come back and we can be a family."

"Go."

"I'm sorry..."

Agile blinked the tears from his eyes, standing firm in the face of his friends-to-be.  He had given up his only chance of love for them; they'd better be worth it.                                                                                                                                  

"Welcome, both of you!" the greeter says gleefully. With a smile and a tilt of her head, she says "If you'll please wait here a moment while final preparations are made." And with that, she's off. Before too long, a video begins playing on the television, describing the mission, technical jargon about the ship and equipment, and displaying a readiness status in the bottom right. Currently the status bar is at 87%, meaning there's a bit of time to wait. To the right, through the window, you can see the ship on the launch pad. From here, it looks as if it'll barely fit the two of you.

• 1 month later...

(Nah. If it's dead now, there's no saving it. Didn't really have much going for it anyway. I think the most upsetting thing for me though is that I'll never get to reveal the Joint Operational and User Recreation, Navigation, and Entertainment system! He was gonna be you guys' little AI pal! You were going to get to call him JournE and everything!  :scream: )

((I'm so so sorry!! I had work and stuffs and I got distracted by destiny and stuff! I totally forgot and I feel terrible!! :( please don't be sad! I will post something I promise! And I will follow it too so I get reminded because I'm a forgetful person!! :,( please forgive me!! Let me eat and I will post!! Hugs you!!!))

Livewire smiled to agile and then looked to the video. She was completely excited by the concept of going to space! She nearly hopped off the couch with a cheer near the end of the video but kept her calm before heading to the window and peering at the shuttle.

"Wowowowow! This is gonna be sooooo coooool!!" She giggled and clapped her hooves.

• 3 weeks later...

(Oh, I'm very sorry!!! :(. I forgot the posting order.)

Agile grimaced at Livewire's public display of affection. If she were a Royal guard....let's just say he would have more than a few words for her. He dusted his uniform, straightening all the medals he decided to wear; which were ALL of his medals. They made him look proud-bold, even. He usually wouldn't have celebrated that, but Prune had always enjoyed seeing him in full uniform: and she was one of the few things on his mind right now. He turned to note his fellow space-traveler.

He glanced over her in a second, nothing much out of the ordinary, save for the Forcom on her leg. He looked outside the window, both amazed and horrified at the closeness of space. It had once been a coalthood dream, to travel the stars and land far, far away. To stop for a break someplace where no pony else dared to go, and someplace where he would be all by himself, all by his own power, just him. He didn't expect the dream to come true so fast, and to have two other teammates joining him. He had always imagined himself...alone. He knew he shouldn't be feeling upset-it was quite a selfish and greedy idea, but he just couldn't help feeling a bit upset. He had wanted to be the first pony to land on this new planet, the first pony in his family to make something happen, the first pony to suwon pony kind the other side of Equestria. A side not so far from reach.

He stared ahead, his eyes glazed over the window, then shied away. There was no point in being upset at the past, he was in the present now. Might as well get to know your neighbours, right?

"So...I see that you are the other pony-in-space. Mind telling me your "status"?"

Archived