Baby Mine (W/ smartrony. free to join!)

BassClef

Sky thought over the options Shutter had presented him with. 'Hmmm. Teaching? I guess I could always give that a shot. But, work at the apothecary could be good too. I guess I'll just apply for both and.....' Sky's thought trail ended as Shutter continued. He looked at her in confusion as she began taking pauses, then turned red at the mention of staying with her. Quickly looking away also, so as not to make the situation any more awkward, Sky began to stutter. "Uh, th-thank you. That's......mighty generous of y-you." Looking towards the ground for some kind of composure, Sky went over it in his head. He'd be living with a great mare, and he wouldn't have to leave Ito. Sure, it'd only be temporary, but life only gives so many opportunities like this. Having gotten more control over his voice, he gave a much calmer reply. "I'd like that very much, Shutter Lens. Thank you." Turning to look at her, he closed his eyes and gave a little smile. He figured it was still a bit too awkward of a moment to chance locking eyes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She kept her eyes down casted to Ito as Sky spoke. What was she thinking? Of course he wouldn't want to just move in with some random mare. Heck, she wouldn't! It was silly of her to thi- wait...did he accept? Her ears twitched as her thoughts came to a halt as he spoke up once more. Shutter looked to see him smiling at her, the light dusting of pink becoming a bit more evident. He accepted. This was happening. She couldn't help but feel a sudden spark of...of excitement(?) maybe as the concept of two new roommates became a reality. "Heh. I'd like that too." She chuckled a bit and returned his smile with one of her own. The more she thought about it the more it grew on her. It was almost like...suddenly getting a family. "I can finally split the rent with somepony." She teased and playfully winked at Sky.

(Okie dokes)

Sky laughed a bit at the joke Shutter made. "Heh. Then in that case I better hope I can get a job soon!" He opened his eyes, and saw that she was just as red as he felt. Somehow, it wasn't as awkward as he'd thought it would be. She really was an awesome mare. Pretty, sweet, kind, Sky felt so lucky to have met her! His eyes moved down to Itoga, and he saw the little colt sleeping with his bottle. "Well, looks like someone fell asleep while we were talking." he said, happiness returning in full to his voice. Looking back at Shutter, he said, "Listen, I'll have to go back to Cloudsdale for a day or two to get a few things and, you know, quit my job. Would you.......mind taking care of Ito while I'm gone?" He knew he was asking a lot, but this seemed like the best option for Ito. Besides, if he and Itoga were going to be staying with her, it might be good for Ito to get used to the place.

(By the way, there's a hurricane comin' my way (I'm in Virginia), so if I don't post for a while, that's why. I'll try to update you guys from my phone if I'm able.)

She laughed along with Sky. Shutter was sure he would be able to snatch up one of the jobs. Sky was a very like-able stallion and she had very high hopes for him. She felt excited for him! Things were changing in his life. Yes, it was big changes and they ere happening very quickly, however, he seemed happy. Maybe he needed a change of pace? 

"Hm. It seems so." She smiled following Sky's eyes down to Ito. His face was content and calm. She hadn't expected the foal to drink as much as he did, even if only half was gone, it was still more than what she originally thought. Shutter took the bottle and placed it on the small table located next to the couch. She then shifted Ito in her arm's, positioning him to where his head laid in the crook of her shoulder. "No problem, Sky." She replied gently patting/rubbing the foal's back with her hoof. "We'll be fine. You just worry about getting everything in order." She sent him a reassuring grin. Of course, she would look after Ito in his absence. It would be crazy for him to haul Ito back and forth not to mention un-safe. She could take off a few days. Shutter pondered. She had earned them anyways.   

( That's a-okay and wish you all the safety, Smart!)

"Thank you." Sky said. This was probably the most thanks he'd ever given out in a single day. "Seriously. If not for you, I don't think any of this would be possible." Well, in all reality it probably would still be possible, but a lot harder on Sky, that's for sure. It was a major relief to have someone he felt he could count on to help him, even if they'd practically just met. "Alright, I should get going. The sooner I can get everything taken care of, the sooner I can get back here and back to Ito!" He said with enthusiasm as he headed for the door. Waving to Shutter as he left, he bade farewell. "I'll be back as soon as I can!"

However, he didn't get very far before turning around and heading back into the room. A little embarrassed, Sky sheepishly grinned and said "I just remembered something...............I don't know where you live." 

Shutter chcuckled a bit as Sky came back into them room. "Heh, that is something you need to know." She replied amused. "Er, hold on a moment, let me get this little guy situated." With that she again stood from the couch and walked over to the foal bed, carefully placing the tiny Ito into it. "There now." She sighed and raised the bars to futher his safety. The bed was probably a lot more comfortable than the cart he had been previously wheeled around in. With expert hooves she tucked the blanket around Ito before walking over to Sky. "Okay, here we are." Shutter took out a small notepad and pencil from the right pocket of her scrub uniform.  "My apartment is not too far from the apothecary that I mentioned earlier." She said jotting down the address along with her apartment number. "Here you go!" She then tore the piece of paper from her notepad and held it out to the stallion. "If you have any troubles finding the place, just show this to anypony around town and they'll point you in the right direction." She reassured. "And we'll be waiting for you there."

"Ehe, thanks." Sky said, "Alright, see you two in a couple days!" He left the room, headed down the hall, and out into the streets of Canterlot. His first step in all of this would be to find the hotel he and the Professor had been staying in, since that's probably the best place to find him right now. Luckily for Sky, he could remember what the hotel looked like.........for the most part. 'I'm sure I can figure it out once I see it.' he thought. Best part of this situation was that he'd be able to fly up and find the hotel in no time.Taking off, he soared up above the buildings. It didn't take him long to find the one he was looking for just a few blocks away. Sky was amazed at how lost he'd gotten in such a short distance last night. Next step was to find the Professor and tell him his plans. He went to the Professor's room and knocked on the door, but after a few minutes with no answer Sky decided he'd wait in his own room across the hall.

Upon opening the door, he discovered that a letter had been slipped under his door.

'Dear Sky,

I received your letter this morning, and I must say it sounds like you've got a lot on your hooves! Unfortunately, I've got another meeting in Cloudsdale that I must attend. I trust you'll take care of everything here in a timely manner, and that I shall be speaking to you again before long. Good luck to you, my boy! I expect to hear all about it when you arrive!

Love,

the Professor'

Sky sighed. "It figures." he said to no one. He hadn't packed much for the trip, so he quickly got his things together. When he went up to the desk to pay for the room, he was told it had already been covered by the Professor. 'Always one step ahead of me.' he thought. And with that last thought, Sky departed for Cloudsdale.

Shutter unfurled a wing to wave as Sky departed wishing him a safe trip. As soon as he left the threshold of the door, Shutter then busied herself by trotting around the room, viewing files and other nurserly duties.

There seemed to be an extra pep in her step than usual. Her thoughts dancing about what was to come. She had so much to do. There was getting Ito settled in and not to mention foal proofing the place. And then there was the guest room that would need to be prepared and- oh! Did she even have any food? She hadn't been groccery shopping in awhile. She would have to do that some point.

Shutter hummed a soft tune as she flitted about. Only stopping when a sudden yawn forced it's way out of her mouth. Reminding her just how long she had been on her shift. Her tired eyes looked down to the sleeping Ito. She had a feeling she wouldn't be getting a proper rest in the future at least not for some time. But that was okay. She thought a warm smile forming.

Shutter's humming was abruptly cut short at the sound of the knock and the voice. "Hm?" She placed the chart that she was holding to the side and walked to the door. "What news might that be?" She questioned opening the door. Test results possibly?

A mare wearing a lab coat and glasses stood outside of the room with the biggest smile ever seen. "Good news and bad news. Which news do you wanna hear first? I'll give you bad first, cuz that's what they do anyways, right? Well, bad news is: There's no bad news! Wait... That would be good news... Oh well! Good news is, we found out who this little guy's parents are!" This mare talked SOO FAST that Shutter wouldn't be able to understand her. "Isn't that great?!"

"Er...easy there." She placed a gentle hoof on the ecstatic mare's shoulder. She was bit confused by the sudden rush of information and honstely she was just trying to wrap her head around it. Did she say something about his parents? "You found his parents?" She asked in a respectful tone so as not to seem rude. She just couldn't keep up with this made! Were all lab ponies like this?

((Sorry about my absence these last few days. Midterms are the worst!))

(Blegh, its fine... I'm still in the hospital soo... Yeah)

The lab mare nodded her head. "mmhm! Very rich ponies. Heh, if word got out about them losing there foal... Oh boy, I tell ya! They would be soooo in trouble! They might even ge-" the mare was interrupted by the sound of Itoga, crying. This time he was actually crying. It still wasn't as loud as a normal cry, but I was enough to metaphorically say 'Im awake and scared, come get me!'

Archived