Baby Mine (W/ smartrony. free to join!)

BassClef

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"O-Oh, sure!" She had been leaning against the door frame absent mindly watching Sky. She was releived and over-joyed with him taking a liking to the room. He seemed so peaceful and his sudden questioning had knocked her from the her own trance. "Well, neither is to far of  a walk from here." She thought squeezing one eye shut and her nose crinkling slightly in thought. A habit of her's that she would often do when was trying to recall something. "I do believe the school is a bit farther." Shutter could simply tell him but, then again he wasn't necessarily from here. "I could show you myself." She bounced Ito a bit. "If you wouldn't mind the company, that is." She quickly added, not wanting to force him into taking her with him.  

"Of course not!" Sky said with delight, "I'd love to have you show me around." 'Then maybe I won't get so lost.' He thought at the end. If he didn't know an area well enough, it was all too easy for him to miss a turn while thinking to himself and end up on the other side of town. "Maybe you could what else there is around here too." Sky said with a smile. Thinking about his bags, and his not-so-foal-friendly chemistry set in his suitcase, Sky figured he could unpack later, especially if Itoga was coming along too. 'What am I thinking? Of course Ito's coming along! Can't very well leave a blind baby Pegasus alone in an apartment!' he berated to himself. Tucking his letters of recommendation under his wing, he was ready to go. "Well, whenever you're ready."

"Great! I just have to get a few things." She brightened at this. She was quite happy about their little outing. Shutter hadn't been out much ever since she had acquired Ito, so this was nice. The creamy orange mare moved through out the apartment gathering up a few things and stuffing them into a saddle bag. Who knew so much was needed when having a foal around. When she had finished she slung the bag over her back. Shutter's blue eyes drifted over to the foal-buggy pushed against a wall feeling the little bundle in her arms. Ito was quite the tiny foal ,however, even with his light-weight hauling him around town could get quite tiring. Hm. "Hey, Sky" She called to get the stallion's attention "Would you mind helping me with this?" She asked pointing her free hoof in the direction of the cart. "It can be a bit troublesome trying to get out the door and down the steps." She admitted.

((Aw, that's awesome, Bass~! <3))

(Yes! Congratulations! It's nice that you and your foster son have something to bond over.  :) )

Sky watched as Shutter went about the apartment collecting things for the trip. It seemed like a lot for such a small foal! When she asked him for help with the carriage, he figured it was the least he could do, especially since she was carrying the bag and Itoga. "Sure thing!" he replied as he walked over to the cart. Taking the letters from underneath his wing and putting them in his mouth, Sky grabbed onto the handle bars and lifted the back of the buggy into the air a bit so he could swing it around. It had a bit more weight to it than Sky had been prepared for, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. Once he had it pointed towards the door, he set it back down and gave a nod to Shutter to let her know he was ready.

(And back!)

Ito cooed happily. He couldn't understand what was going on at all, but it all sounded good because the two ponies were talking very calmly and nicely to each other. So things must be fine. Then, he could feel a strange sensation in his nasal area. He couldn't help but to take a deep breath in and release a sneeze. Snot came out of Ito's little nose and dripped down. He tried to wipe it off himself, but got the sticky snot on his hoof.

(I'm really sorry! I have a huge exam tomorrow and have been caught up with that. I promise to try and get a post out tomorrow. (ó﹏ò。) I'm truly sorry please forgive me.))

Shutter opended her mouth to reply the stallion but, soon snapped it shut as the little foal in her arms promptly sneezed. "Eh...well bless you." She cooed and proceded to clean him off with a wet-nap that she had stored in the saddle bag. She hoped he wasn't getting sick again. Even with all the anitbiotics that were prescribed to him, there was still that possibility. She would just have to watch him closely. Shutter smiled and nodded at Sky. "Shall we then?" She walked forward and slid between the cart and the door and with her free hoof pushed it open. She woudn't put Ito in the cart just yet. It had to go down steps and she didn't want to risk him being jostled. "Be careful, these steps are a little tricky." She warned thinking back on the time she had a few days ago trying to get a cart, baby, and grocciers up the steps and into her apartment all at once and what a time that was.

• 3 weeks later...

(Yeah, sorry about that you two. I may have finally moved in, but things here are still far from unpacked.  :scream: I'll at least get out a small post so we can keep the ball rolling, however slow it might be.)

Sky chuckled a bit when Itoga sneezed, it was just too cute. When Shutter went to open the door, he slid the cart back to give her enough room to get through, and gave her a nod to acknowledge her warning about the steps. Of course, he hadn't really been planning on walking down the stairs anyways. Sky moved the cart to the top of the stairs, then flew up, however little he could, and lifted the back end of the cart, balancing it on it's front wheels. From there, it was just a matter of letting gravity help him get the thing downstairs, with Sky making sure it didn't get stuck or fall too quickly. When he got to the bottom, he moved it aside and awaited Shutter and Ito.

Ito, being the little impatient foal he is, struggled to get lose from Shutters grip. He really didn't like being held for longer periods of time. He just wanted to be free and lay down or something. Play with toys and all that. Not wait till... Whatever the older ponies were doing! He just wanted down!

"Okay, okay." She said to the struggiling little one in her arms. During the time that she and the foal had spent together she noticed that the foal was a lot more lively than when they first met. And he wasn't afraid to show you what he wanted. She thought bemused. The peach maned mare closed the door behind herself and locked it before following after Sky. She kept a tight hold on the wiggling baby as she did so. "Here you go, Ito." She replied as she laid the foal in the cart to where he was comfortable then handed him the sheep he loved so dearly. She stepped back a bit and marveled at the foal and stallion pair, a smile present all the while. SHe was glad they were together once more. Shutter wouldn't try to push the cart. Sky already had his hooves on it and it would be a good bonding experience for the two. Besides, for the last few days the babe had been practically glued to her hip and she could use this little break. "Shall we begin the tour?" Shutter asked as she walked next to Sky.

• 3 weeks later...

(Urgh. Sorry for the late post again. Things seem to just keep getting busier and busier.  :wail:  )

Sky couldn't help but smile as Itoga struggled to get free. It was good to see how active and ready to move he was, considering he couldn't see. That made Sky start to wonder though. Was it possible that Ito had already developed the ability to "see"? It seemed plausible, but at the same time he was probably too young at this point for his brain to have developed like that yet. Still, it was an amusing thought. Sky began to taste something rather unpleasant, when he realized he still had his papers in his mouth. He put them back under his left wing, seeing as he wasn't planning on flying again anytime soon. When Shutter put Itoga in the cart, Sky felt so........joyous? He wasn't really sure what you could call this level of happiness, of contentment. Things just felt so........nice. Using his other wing, Sky gently patted Itoga before answering Shutter. "Sure. Where to first?" He asked, looking around at the city.

Finally being put into the cart calmed Itoga down. Being held all the time isn't fun. Playing, now that's fun! Ito took the toy again and shook it a bit, listening to the soft tinkering of the bell inside. Toys with bells inside seemed to be a must for a blind little colt. But, right now he was content with his little sheep toy.

• 2 weeks later...

Shutter grinned amused with the pleased foal and when Sky spoke she redirected her attention to him. "Hm, if my memory serves me right" She paused bringing a hoof up to her chin in thought. "...then our first stop should be the apothecary." She nodded  pretty confidant that it was indeed the closes to their starting point. The petit mare fell into a comfortable pace beside the stallion as they began their stroll. At first she was silent only speaking to babble about certain streets or places as they paced by, informing Sky of random facts or stories that pertained to them. She didn't know if he particularly cared or held any interest in what she was saying, however, she found herself telling him anyways. The mare quieted down once more figuring she had talked his ears off long enough. She hoped she didn't seem rude or annoying.  She was just so excited and she found herself wanting to tell him well...everything. Ugh...she could be such a feather brain at times. However, the silence did not last as she piped up once more. "So, how did you get into chemistry?" She asked wanting to know more about her new roommate. "I-I mean if you don't mind my asking." She quickly interjected.

Archived