Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nergal glared at Black right in the eyes. "When I'm through with you, I won't be the one dead and buried anymore. And once I slaughter your entire house, I will end you." He said coldly before exiting. 

Blade heared Nergal approaching and quickly fled the scene to tell Soul what he heard.

Blade returned to the training yard and approached Soul. "What did you learn Blade?" Soul asked. Blade panted a few times catching his breath before speaking. "Nergal's house is almost ready to compete again, and to seal the deal he wants to buy one of Black's gladiators...one of us." Soul went silent and looked away. He finally sighed after a moment of silence. "He wants me. He wants me right back where I was..." 

Soul thought for a moment before going grim when he realized something. "If he can't have me...he could try and take...no....."

Nergal entered the throne room and strided towards the princesses, followed closely by two of his bodyguards. "A pleasure to see you, my Queens." He said with a smirk. Twilight glared at him as he approached. 

"And here I had thought you finally found a resting spot six feet and claimed your throne, as the King of Worms. What do you want Nergal, we're busy here." Celestia said, in fact they'd finished their work day early and were watching a shirtless Trax spar with several of the Castle Guardsmen. Tavi sat nearby with Vi tending to her needs, as was her cover.

Kaveck looked at Soul then glanced over, "He wants the Next of Kin."

Nergal raised an eyebrow as he glanced at a shirtless Trax. "Shame what's become of a former doctore." He said to himself before looking back at the princesses. "I'm here to make you an offer. Black is refusing to trade a gladiator to me, so I'm here to make it worth your while to...convince him." He said, ending with a smirk. "Name a price and it's yours." 

"He's going to take Kane...he's going to send him to die when he can compete again. This is his revenge against me for selling him out when he tried to use his house to take over and nobody found out it was him." Soul said. Some of the gladiators looked at him confused, as they had never imaged the one and only Harvester of Sorrow begin to panic. "No...no no no God no..." He said frantically. 

Celestia exchanged glances with Luna and Twilight, "Your money is already dirty and considering you were once a suspect in a major revolt, your lucky your still allowed within these walls."

"Calm down Soul, our Dominus has a lot of pride so he wont let Nergal take any of us." Kaveck reassured him.

"Innocent until proven guilty, my queens, and I was found not guilty. I figured you would know that more than anybody. But enough about this, anything you want and it's yours. Money, possessions, servants, I have it all." Nergal said. Twilight raised an eyebrow at Nergal. "Why are you so desperate for Black to sell you Soulscream?" She asked. To everybody's surprise Nergal laughed at Twilight's comment. "My dear, I have no love for the Harvester of Sorrow, no matter how much victory he gave me. He can rot in the slums with the rest of them. No, Black has another that I want." 

"Nergal has power other Domini wish they had. If the current state of Canterlot is any indication, the Queens can be persuaded. And he'll give them whatever they want for their cooperation." Soul said, calming down only slightly.

Celestia thought for a moment, then Luna spoke up, "A third of your winnings and a signed pact from you stating that should you ever be suspected of Treatchery again, you are to be executed on the spot without trial." She said coldly and serious, her eyes held no sympathy for Nergal as she glared down at him.

Twilight looked at Luna with shock. "Wait, you're seriously going to barter with this worm?" She said, not believing what she was hearing. Nergal smirked evilly as he shot Twilight a glare. "It will be done, my queens. And in return, you will force Black to sell me the gladiator Hurricane Lightning." Twilight froze as soon as Kane's name left his mouth. She put a hand over her mouth to keep herself from screaming. "I-I'm sorry...excuse me." Twilight said leaving the room. Nergal kept his eyes on Celestia and Luna. "Deal?" 

"Yes, I will send Trax tomorrow to fetch your signature once the contract is written. Now, get out of here, you're presence is sickening." Luna told him waving him off, Trax performed a hardcore double takedown against two of his sparring opponents before glancing at Nergal with his peircing blue eyes.

"I cant imagine what he'd do to get his way, or what he'd sacrifice." Kaveck wondered.

Twilight walked out into the hallway before collapsing to her knees as tears ran down her face. She knew the princesses had changed for ever and were no strangers to doing immoral things, but this time they went to far and shameless sold out a good man to an evil, manipulative savage. She buried her face in her hands, trying to hide her devastation. 

"How could they do this, Tavi?!" Twilight said in tears. "How could they be so evil and corrupt to trade a man's life away for that monsters money?! How could they be so cruel?!" She cried hysterically as she held onto Tavi. After five minutes she calmed down enough to talk. "Tavi...there's something I never told you about Kane..."

Twilight couldn't answer without crying for a good while. Finally she was able to speak clearly. "Tavi...Kane isn't just Soul's apprentice...he's ..."

Several royal guards suddenly jumped on Kane, restraining him and dragging him away. "what are you doing?!" He asked in anger. "Master!" He called to Soul in distress. Soul knocked several guards out with his fist before finally being held back. "No...NO!!! KANE!!!" He cried in anger and fear as the guards dragged Kane away...

"Tavi...Kane is..." She paused for a while to collect herself before her eyes tearing up again. "He's my son...our son." 

Tavi's eyes widened in horror before she held onto Twilight tighter, she glanced behind them and saw Trax standing with his fave contorted with rage.

Black sighed in defeat as he read the scroll about him giving up his Gladitor, "That lowlife worm..."

Kaveck and Oak held Soul back with all their might, "Theres nothing we can do without this going bad Soul."

"What do I do now, Tavi? I'm going to lose my son..." she said, her crying slowing down but with pain still in her voice. 

Soul fell to his knees and stared blankly into the distance. "Kane...." he said to himself. "My....son...." 

Kane was thrown into a jail cell in Nergal's house and chained to the wall, finally restraining him as he resisted the guards the whole way over. Nergal walked in and smiled evilly at him. "So, this is the son of Soulscream, the legendary Harvester of Sorrows. I have to say, I expected more." he said in a sly, evil tone.

"No, you wont." Trax encouraged her, "Nergal will pay for insolence get his just deserved End. Tavi, have Vi send a message to Soul, we're making a modification to the plan."

Kaveck put a hand on Souls shoulder, "Doctore, you have trained your Son well, you know he can take whatever Nergal throws at him. Right now we need to focus on the Plan, also you have an image to keep up for the other Gladiators." He said as some of the Gladiators began to stop training and stare at Soul. Oak glanced around hopeing Black wouldnt come out and see this mess.

Kane looked at Nergal with confusion. "Son? Soul isn't my father. My father is dead. I'm his apprentice." Nergal laughed evilly as he looked at Kane in the eyes. "So he never told you the truth then? How sad. Anyways..." He said before turning away. "Proceed." He said to two of his men as they approached Kane and stuck needles in his arms. He cried out in pain as a serum was injected. Soon his eyes suddenly changed to a blood red and he began to salivate. "Soon you will be the most destructive gladiator this arena has ever seen, then you will bring me the heads of the Queens..." 

Soul gripped a handful of dirt below him and grit his teeth. "I can't live without him...he doesn't know yet..." He finally stood and sighed. "The plan just got harder. I can't account for breaking out someone from another house." 

Twilight calmed down enough to smile slightly. "Thank you..."

"But Trax can, if He knows about the situation then no doubt he's already on it." Kaveck told him reassuringly, "Have faith in the Reaper, he knows when its someones time to die."

Trax turned walking away with Vi appearing at his side upon hearing her name, she listened carefully as she was explaind his plan in detail. Tavi held Twily closer, "Dont you worry darling, trust in my husband, he'll get your boy back safely."

Soul sighed as he stood again. "I just hope whatever Nergal is trying to do to him, he can survive. You may have seen the greed of other domini, but Nergal is pure evil. Now it all makes sense..." He stopped for a moment as he realized why him and Kane were here. "Slipknot betrayed us and got us arrested by Canterlot's forces and delivered us to the arena, and in return Nergal used his money and influence to give Slipknot his position. That b@stard." 

Kane stood fully geared in a dark, damp training arena below Nergal's house. His eyes still glowed read as he breathed heavily. Suddenly a few other slaves emerged with weapons and armor on. Kane glared at them and growled savagely. "Begin!" Nergal said as the slaves attacked. Kane lunged into the attacking slaves, tearing through them with his sword and waraxe. They could barely deflect his blows as he moved faster than anyone had ever seen. Within minutes the arena was covered in blood and littered with dead opponents. Nergal clapped for Kane. "My boy, you are going to make me rich. You will slaughter anyone who dares stand in our way." Kane wiped the blood from his mouth. "Yes master..." He said in a raspy voice. Nergal turned to a servant. "It seems the serum worked perfectly. Well done. Black's rabble doesn't stand a chance now." 

The next day....

Trax walked up to Nergals Villa with the contract in hand and few guards with him.

Kaveck yawned before he contto eat his breakfast, Oak sat next across from him still half asleep from his midnight training.

In the crowd of people flowing through Canterlots streets, Vi slipped through them with ease as she made her way to Blacks Villa.

Archived