Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Nergal sat watching Kane slaughter more opponents, the serum coursing through him growing stronger. A servant then told him that Trax was approaching and he waved for them to take Kane out of view as he went to greet Trax. When he stepped outside he saw Trax approaching. "The Queen's pet arrives on my doorstep. What a surprise." 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'd say I'd need a reason to cut you down but I doubt anyone would care, heII I'd probably be rewarded for it." Trax told him coldly, he held up the scroll, "For you to sign, as part of the agreement."

Nergal took the scroll and a quill and signed it. "Take that to your masters and be gone. I am in the middle of returning to greatness." 

Soul was watching the gladiators train with Moonshield and Blade at his sides. Out of nowhere Blade turned to him. "Must be nice to have your family within reach, even as a prisoner." Soul sighed. "It's harder to deal with than you think. I thank you both for supporting us since we arrived." Moonshield nodded. "Of course friend." 

Trax took the scroll and quil, "Just so we are clear, should I find out you have hurt the boy in any way," With one flick of his wrist, Trax sent the quil past Nergals cheeck cutting it a little, the quil then impaled through the neck of the guard behind him. He started choking violently as the other guard attempted to help him but then man quickly fell and passed away. "Yours will be much slower, and will involve a lot more pain." Trax warned before taking his leave with the Royal Guards.

"Hello Gentelmen." Violas littel voice came from above as she hung down from the rafters, "I bring news from my Father about Kane."

"He's my gladiator, Trax. I'll do what I please with him." Nergal said as Trax left before turning back to continue Kane's training. 

Soul rushed over to Viola quickly. "What do you know?" He asked intently, desperate for news of his son. Blade and Moonshield looked at each other, anticipating it may not be good news. 

"Unfortunately Nergal keeps his walls pretty closed and Papa doesnt want me near him so I cant  get a look at him. But Papa also has a plan to rescue Kane for the escape!" Viola reported.

Soul sighed but nodded. "If Trax is confident that he can get him out, I'll trust him. There's only one match left in the season. We'll have to make our move when activity is low." 

"I have to admit, she's a sneaky little one." Soul said turning to the others. "If only I had an idea of what he's doing to Kane. I don't know what to expect when he steps into that arena again." 

Kane knelt down before Nergal, breathing heavily as the berserker drug coursed in his body. "Do you understand why you are here?" Nergal asked. "To kill..." Kane replied in a growl. "Who do you kill?" Nergal asked again. "Gladiators..." he replied in another harsh tone. "Who are you?" Nergal asked getting on eye level with Kane. "I am hell..." Kane said, his hands shaking with the desire to fight. "You are completed. When you step in that arena, you will be a composer of chaos. You have a long journey of destruction ahead of you, my child." Nergal said as his servants took Kane back to the cells. 

Soul sighed. "Nergal is a dangerous man. There's no telling what he can do." 

The day of the last match of the season came, and Soul watched the fights diligently, waiting with fear and anxiety for what may have become of Kane.

Twilight sat almost shaking in her seat as she bit her nails and shook in her seat. 

Nergal soon arrived in the Domini section, much to everyone's displeasure. "It's good to be back." He said looking at Mephisto. "We were better off without you, Nergal." Nergal laughed as he took a glass of wine from a servant. "Well I hope you're used to losing money because that's what you're going to be doing a lot of." He said taking a sip. "I have a new secret weapon." 

Kane stood in the tunnel gripping his weapons and growling to himself, the drug in full affect as he watched Mephisto's gladiator enter the arena through the bars, waiting for him to be released. 

Tavi looked at Twilight with saddened eyes, hoping her friend would be alright, that her son would be okay.

Oak and Kaveck came up beside Soul, "Kanes up next, I hope he's alright."

Black didnt bother to look at Nergal, "Your Gladitor will be better of dead than in your hands."

The crowd cheered loudly as Kane walked into the arena. He didn't look like himself. He was wearing a dark armor covered in spikes and holding two deadly looking axes in his hands. His eyes glowed red as he grit his teeth and glared at Mephisto's gladiator with bloodlust. 

Twilight covered her mouth in shock. "What did they do to him...he looks like a madman."

"By the gods...Nergal made him a savage. He's going to tear that man apart." Soul said as he kept his gaze on Kane. 

Nergal smirked evilly as he await the bloodletting that would come.

Trax could sense the poison in Kanes aura from the balcony, every fiber of his being told him to stop the match and deal with Kane himself, but he knew that would be an unwise choice. 

Oak stared at Kane feeling the same sense as his father, "His aura, its been tampered with, and I dont like it." He growled. Kaveck glanced at him then up to where Trax was seeing the same facial expression, that Tribal training and spiritual connection, something he never understood but respected.

Black narrowed his eyes, "Enhancements?"

The horn sounded and Kane immediately began to assault Mephisto's gladiator, who was unable to block all of Kane's attacks. In seconds he was already covered in deep wounds before Kane kicked him in the throat sending him across the arena as the crowd cheered. 

"There must be a way to get past the drugs and speak to him. The real him." Soul said. 

Nergal laughed as Mephisto angrily flipped a table as his gladiator was being dismantled. "Dragonblood Elixer. The most powerful black magic-based performance enhancing drug in the land. And no laws or rules against it." He said with a smirk. "In fact the Queens use it on their soldiers when facing extreme enemies. Pretty unbecoming of them, no?" 

Black went grim.

Trax narrowed his eyes, "Its similar to my tribes beast form elixir, allowing us to access our ancestors powers of the Wolf. I see..."

Oak was wide eyed, "By the Gods!"

Kane grabbed the gladiators arms and tore them off his body with the newfound brute strength. He hacked head off with his axe to the cheers of the crowd. 

Twilight looked away from the gruesome scene and buried her face into Tavi's shoulders. Autumn looked away from the scene as well, horrified by the gladiator she had developed feelings for becoming such a monster. 

Soul winced at the bloody end to the fight. "I hope your father knows something about this, or a way to fix it." 

Nergal smiled evilly with approval at his new champion. "A splendid performance, but the final act has yet to come." 

Oak shook his head, "Its like he's an entirely different person now."

Traxs eyes flashed red, "Yes, I know how to deal with him."

Black bared his teeth in anger, "You knew too many of these Dragonblood Gladiators would be too difficult to control, so you limited it down to one. But even the strongest monsters have their limits."

Kane looked around the arena before suddenly walking back towards the center instead of leaving through the gate. The crowd fell to a hush wondering what he would do. His eyes glowed harder than before as he grit his teeth. "SOULSCREAM!!!!" He suddenly shouted, sending a chill down everybody's spine. "Din existens vanärar mig! Genom vår förfader ära och av viljan av han gudar, kommer jag spiller ditt blod för att rengöra din oförskämdhet eller dö försöka!!!" He shouted in an unknown language. Several members of the crowd began to whisper amongst themselves. 

Twilight's eyes widened and began to tear up. "No...."

Soul looked at Kane horrified. "No...gods, no..."

Nergal glared at Kane with an evil smile of satisfaction. "Yes..."

((This may be a huge dramatic turn of events, but basically for what I have planned Kane and Soul need to fight. There's an ancient law in the Republic that states that if somebody has an unsolvable issue with somebody else, they can challenge them to a duel to the death using the ancient language. I know Soul isn't allowed to fight in the arena anymore since he is Doctore, but if he get's called out like this he must respond, even if it's his son. I was thinking that the princesses would allow it just for their amusement's sake if that's cool with you.))

((Yeah, good to mix things up a bit. Remember, everything the Princesses do, is to keep the people happy and entertained, in reality they know its wrong but have to in order to sustain the Kingdom politically and Financially.))

Trax gasped with shock, "He Didnt..."

Oak looked around confused, "Wait what?" Kaveck shook his head, "This day is truly cursed for us all."

Black slamed his fist down, "You spineless worm! Control your Gladitor this instant, he speaks out of turn!"

The crowd began to catch on to what was happening and began to chant Kane's name and cry out for another fight. Kane drew a large circle in the sand as the bloodlust in his eyes never ceased. 

Twilight shook as her biggest fear was coming to life. "One of them is going to die. I'm going to lose them..."

Nergal glared at Black. "He was challenged to a duel. It is their way. You would dare to disrespect the traditions of a respected group of people? Besides, I think the crowd feels differently about it." He said as the crowd chanted louder. 

"Your highness, you can't allow this to happen! Please!" Autumn pleaded to the princesses, despite the increasing volume of the arena. 

Soul looked down in defeat as he gripped the bars of his cell tighter. Everything he had fought to prevent from happening was now at his footsteps. A single tear his the ground before him. He knew what he had to do. "Bring me my armor..."

Archived