Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Nightwish took his hand and got to her feet. Thank you." She said, smiling slightly from actually making it away from the wendigos. "We better catch up with the Princess and the Chancellor." 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We wont make it too far, the Wendigo will follow us till death." Drop said sheathing his sword.

Spring blinked her eyes open and saw the walls of their cell, she gasped in surprise but Tia held her tightly, "Its alright little one, that evil witch cant hurt you now." She said soothingly. Spring glanced around resting her gaze on Twilight, "Is she Cadence?" She asked softly.

Trax sat criss crossed in the middle of their cell, his eyes closed and his breathing steadily slow as he was deep in meditation.

Oak and Vi paused at the Castle walls, "You could probably get in and out easily but I wont, find out where everyone is and come back here." He told his little half sister, Vi nodded and leaped over the high wall with the help of Oak.

"Guess we'll just have to keep killing them, shall we?" Nightwish said, a sly smirk suddenly appearing as she winked at him and patted his chest as she walked by. 

Twilight smiled as she saw Spring awaken and crawled closer to them. "No, little one. My name is Twilight Sparkle." She said kindly with a soft tone.

"That stuff ever work?" Soul asked nonchalantly from the other side of the cell when he saw Trax meditation, curious about it himself.

Drop smirked and followed her, he glanced behind them often as they keeping watch, Wendigo where known to track their prey for years. 

Spring dipped her head, "Apologies Ma'm I didnt know." 

"Yes, but it takes patience and self control. Every new Warrior has to be able to Meditate for several days striaght and find his inner peace. After this, Psychic magic has no effect on our minds." Trax explained.

Twilight stroked her hair gently. "There's no need to apologize, young one. I'm honored to meet you." She said sweetly.

Soul was silent again for a few moments before speaking again. "Can you show me?" He asked out of nowhere. "I think it would help me find peace." 

Cadence and Nova were beyond the borders of Equestria when they saw Nightwish and Drop join them. "Oh thank the gods you're alright. We thought they would have killed you." 

Spring nodded with a smile, "Are we gonna be okay?" She asked frowning.

"Do as I do, then clear your mind." Trax said never opening his eyes.

"Waste time we should not, the Wendigo are not far behind." Drop said petting his sabertooth before mounting him, "Lets make haste to the fort."

Twilight looked at Celestia with dispair but soon gave Spring a small smile. "Don't give up hope, we will find a way." She said comfortingly to her, trying to keep her from losing hope. 

Soul sat in front of Trax and closed his eyes. He did as Trax said and tried to clear his mind. At first he didn't feel anything but soon felt a soothing feeling come over him.

"We've already sent messengers back to the Empire and the Republic to prepare to march on Canterlot. Even against these beasts we will have a strong enough force to overthrow that witch." Cadence said.

Tia looked upon proudly at how much her student has grown, she hoped that her own student Autumn was well after all this.

Trax concentrated harder and suddenly both he and Soul were in a the clearing of unfamiliar woods. It wasnt long till Oak and Vi appeared there too. "Ah good, I was wondering how long it would take before you figured it out." Trax said nodding to his children, Oak dipped his head in praise and Vi smiled, "I was able to get my friend Autumn out of the castle, shes wacthing over us as we speak."

Outside the castle walls, Oak and Vi sat in meditation while Autumn stood nearby on guard.

Soul looked around at their surroundings. "Wow, so this is where you go when you meditate." He said in shock before looking at Trax's children. "Have you heard any news?" He asked them. 

Autumn watched over Oak and Vi as they meditated peacefully.

"We're laying low for now, I'm sure you know about the Wendigos?" Oak asked, Trax nodded, "Stay hidden the best you can, should they spot you, run. Find Princess Cadence and stay with her, her army will serve as protection."

"The Crystal Legion and the Grand Army of the Republic, two of the most powerful armies in the land. You'll be safe with Cadence and Nova." Soul said. "I just hope they're strong enough to march on Canterlot." 

"They will be if we can make sure they can get inside the walls of Canterlot. Oak and the girls will have to do this themselves while we're behind bars." Trax began, Oak placed his fist over his chest, "We can do it Father." He vowed proudly. Trax nodded his thank, "Good, you are dismissed." At that Oak and Vi dipped their heads before vanishing. Trax held up his hand, "We still have to wait, there is anothers call I am waiting for."

Oak opened his eyes, "First things first, patrol the Canterlot wall and find a weak point."

Just then a man with a similar build to Trax walked out from the treeline, "Its been a long time, Lil Brother." Trax sighed with annoyance, "Soul, this is my elder Brother, Drop Shot."

Soul nodded respectfully. "Pleasure to meet you. Didn't know you had siblings, Trax." He said. 

Autumn carefully led Oakly and Vi to a wall beneath the castle. She pushed a brick through and reached into the space it left behind. After she pulled something the wall opened. "This is an emergency passage out of the city. Only two people have the ability to open it, me and Twi. You can get to Cadence if you hurry."

"I was among the few chosen to serve under Nova and Cadence in the Crystal Rangers, unfortunately trying times have gone and past leaving me as its only surviving Members of the Original Five. We can trade histories later, for now we must focus on the situation at hand. Three Wendigos have Cadence and Novas scent, we're retreating back to one of our Forts now for protection." Drop explained, Trax rubbed his chin, "It will prove difficult to command their army if the Wendigo continue to hunt the leadership. Your first priority should be the Wendigo." He suggested.

"We'll use it if we have to, but we should first find a way to weaken the cities defenses." Oak said closing the door.

"How do we kill them?" Soul asked bluntly. "If we can find the three wendigos before they get to Cadence and Nova we can destroy them. I've heard many things about them from the legends, but I've never heard of one not dying."

"That's just it though." Autumn said creating an image of the city. "It took me a while to realize it, but there's a force field of dark energy around the city. The controller can allow whoever they please through it at any time. But the catch is that it's not able to penetrate the ground." The tunnel was added to the projection leading under the city untouched. "A small force of the strongest fighters can get into the city, and if they find the power source they can lower the shield." 

"They're Immortal from time, not steel." Trax quoted, "They can be killed but it is easier said than done. I once watched as one Wendigo slaughter an army before it finally layed down and died from its injuries. As long as it can breath, it will continue to kill its target. The three we faced were toying with us, they fell back too easily. Which means their smart, therefore more dangerous." Drop told them. "Where are you now?" Trax asked, "We've just reached the Fort." Drop replied. Trax thought for a moment, "Three... Use it, in secret." He said with a serious tone, Drop narrowed his eyes but dipped his head, "As you command, Alpha." He said before dissapearing.

Oak nodded, "Then to Cadence and Nova we go." 

"So now we wait." Soul said. "It's only a matter of time before they do something to us. There must be something we can do from within." 

"Good luck you two. I'll keep looking for other ways to weaken the city." Autumn said as she prepared to shut the door behind them. 

Nightwish stood on a tower in the fort watching the horizon. "This is fine for now, but we can't stay forever. The longer it takes for us to gather our armies the harder taking the city will be."

Down below the tower, Drop walked towards the gate with only his pants on. One of the Rangers noticed, "Hey Lieutenant, where you going?" Drop merely rotated his shoulders and cracked his neck, "For a walk, mind the screams." He told him simply and kept walking.

Trax walked over to Soul an flicked him on the forehead, suddenly they were back in cell again. "Theres not a whole lot we can do, for once we'll have to wait to things happen."

Oak and Vi nodded to Autumn, "Goodluck to you too."

Spring concentrated more as she used her magic to peform a simple frost spell using Alicorn magic. "Keep your breathing steady, dont overdo it." Tia instructed.

Nightwish saw Drop leaving and leaped off the tower next to him. "Tell me you aren't trying to fight those things alone." 

"Don't think too hard about it, you have to feel the magic in you." Twilight said, also helping in her training. "You have to find the balance between relaxation and concentration." 

Soul stared at the wall as they reappeared in the cell. He sighed as he closed his eyes. "Do you remember when we first met, Trax? When your tribe formed an alliance with the Republic during the first war?" 

Drop placed a hand on Nightwishs shoulder, "Trust me, there are things in this world no person should ever witness. I'm just going for a stroll, be back safe and sound soon, alright?" He said a smile and patted her head gently before walk up to the gate and instructing the guard to let him through the small door.

Spring strained a little more but the spell burst in her hands sprinkling snow all over her face. "I failed." She said sadly.

Trax nodded, "I remember it well, I was hesitant to trust Outsiders but even I knew when the odds were too great. Why do you ask?"

"You act like I've never seen horrors in my life. I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't." Nightwish protested still following him. "And I've lost too many good men who 'just went for a stroll' trying to be heroes, and I'm not making that mistake again."

"You didn't fail, little one." Twilight said kindly to Spring. "I've spent my entire life studying magic, but I was once like you. I struggled with spells easier than this one. I thought I'd never get better. But I learned that the only way to fail is to not try at all." Twilight wiped the snow from her face as she gently lifted Spring's hands up. "Try again."

"Because when that war started, I never thought twice about you, much less being your friend." Soul began, turning to face him. "But as the war dragged on, it became clear to me what kind of man you are. And everyday since the war ended I often wondered where you were and what you were doing. And it seems fate has united us, and now that we stare death in the face, I realize that there's no man I would rather die beside than you. You're more than a friend to me, Nameless Trax, you're a brother. I hope that I was good enough of a man for you feel the same."

Drop stopped just outside the gates small door, he sighed and turned to face Nightwish, "You're a good Soldier, Nightwish, a strong and beautiful woman who cares deeply for those around her. But this is something I must do alone." Drop took her hands, "I promise you, I will return." He told her before walking off down the road.

((she can follow but stay hidden))

Spring nodded a smile and continued the spell again, Tia looked on with adoring eyes, the sight before her made her tear up.

Trax smirked, "I could not have said it better myself. Even at the beginning I knew you are a just and honorable Man, having all the traits of my old Tribesmen. If this is the end, Im glad its beside my Brother." He held out his fist to Soul.

Archived