Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Nightwish stood there and watched him walk away until he was out of sight. "You will return...I will make sure of it."

Twilight smiled at Celestia, her heart finally feeling joy again knowing she was reunited with her teacher, the one she truly remembered. "That's it, you're getting it." She said softly to Spring as she kept practicing.

Soul touched his fist to Trax's fist. "No matter what happens, win or lose, live or die, this will be my last fight."

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drop walked through the forest, his ears twitching as heard the sounds, "Their closer than I thought." He said with a hint of worry, just as he stopped, one of the Wendigos stepped out from the bushes twitching its head slightly and letting out a hiss. Drop clenched his fist as the other two stepped out to the sides of him, "Three on one? Kinda unfair, for you that is."

Spring put her hands forward casting the spell onto the wall and showering it with snow, her eyes shined brightly. Tia smiled, it wasn't very powerful, but it was a start to something that could save lives someday.

Trax dipped his head respectively, "Agreed."

Nightwish heard the screams and leaped up into a tree, quietly sliding out to a branch as she quietly drew an arrow and aimed for one of the wendigos, waiting for a chance to strike.

"Well done." Twilight said with a smile, gently stroking Spring's hair. "Keep practicing and you'll be a court wizard one day!" 

Drop let out a calm breath before he let out a battle cry that changed into a loud Howl. Darkness began go swirl around him as he grew taller with massive amounts of dark brown fur appearing all over him, his face grew longer as his teeth sharpened to a point. Drop dropped on all fours before standing back up again standing over 8 feet tall, the strength of the pack was with him, the inner wolf unleashed.( basically Van Helsing Werewolf, good movie) The Wendigo screeched at each other before rushing him, Drop swung his arms out catching the two to his sides by the throats and clamping his jaws shut on the hand of the Wendigo in front of him, spining around he threw them all away slamming them into nearby trees. Drop let put a vicious growl before charging the closest nd tackling it down, the other two rushed from behind but Drop was ready as he spun around with a hard back hand.

Spring smiled with excitement, "Thank you Twilight!"

"Adorable." Roses poisonous voice came from outside the cell as she bent down looking at them, Luna stood next to her with a nervous expression, her eyes dull with fear. Tia went grim but didnt have the strength to stand up.

Trax stood up and started towards the cell bars across from them but one of the Guards gave him a warning glare with Blacked out eyes, the eyes of the Wendigo.

Nightwish froze in shock as she saw Drop suddenly tearing the wendigos apart. She had never witnessed such power before in her life. She held an arrow ready but was hesitant to release it, still in awe from Drop's display. 

Soul shook with rage as he gripped the bars of the cell, wanting to take his vengeance for the death of his son. "Come to torment us some more?" Twilight said with a scowl at Rose, her own pain becoming visible.

Drop threw one of the Wendigos away and winced in pain as another drove its long claws into his back, Drop turned on it clamping his jaws around its neck and shaking it violently till it went limp. Drop threw dead Wendigo into the third and pounced on top putting both hands on its neck and tearing its head clean off bringing the whole spine with it. The Last Wendigo screamed as it rushes Drop but the Werewolf lashed with the spine like a whip, the Wendigo still charged Drop biting on his shoulder and slashing him with its razorlike claws. Drop growled in pain before wrapping the spine around the Wendigos neck and pulled with all his strength till the Wendigo lurched back, Drop kicked it over and got on top digging both hands into its chest and ripping the Wendigo in half. Drop tossed the remains aside and let out a victorious howl, suddenly his fur started to steam off like shadows as he transformed back into his human form falling to his knees. Thunder and Lighting struck overhead before rain fell down upon the land. Drop breathed heavily as blood leaked from his wounds, they steamed a little as they started to heal but it was slow and the wounds could still kill him, "That... Wasnt ... So hard..." He breathed before he started to fall over, "Sorry Nightwish, ....looks I'll be breaking that promise...."

"Oh just making sure you're not practicing any magic that could be a nuisance for me is all. Well?" Rose asked looking at Tia, but the Princess merely looked away from her, Rose frowned and shocked her with a pulse of purple lightnjng. Luna looked away from her Sister screaming in pain, not bareing to watch.  Spring huddle close to Twilight in fear, "Make her stop hurting Her!"

Trax gripped the bars of the, gritting his teeth, "Enough! If you're going to punish anyone, punish us you worthless peice of Trash!-" Suddenly Traxs throat was grabbed by the undercover Wendigo, Rose let off on Tia and stood up, "Careful Reaper, such words will earn you worse things than Death. But luckily for you two, I need you both ready for an upcoming battle, one I'm sure you two will just love." She told them teasjngly before walking away with Luna, The Guard let go of Trax and followed.

Nightwish dropped from her perch and kneeled next to Drop, quickly bringing out some vials she had in her bag. "I knew this would happen. Just hold on, you'll be fine." She said as she started treating his wounds.

Twilight held onto Spring tightly as Rose left. Soul gripped the bars tighter. "She wants us to fight to the death, Trax. Or he's going to kill Twilight and Tavi..."

Drop grabbed Nightwishes hand, "You didnt listen to me." He coughed.

Trax felt the weight of his world bare down on him, "Then we have no choice...."

Rose entered her bedroom, formally Tia's, but she had taken over the room as her own. "Ah what nuisance, luckily they'll be dealt with soon enough, considering they dont have a choice. Am I right, Tavi?" She asked slyly looking at her bed where Tavi lay half covered under the sheets shivering with guilt and fear, tears ran from her eyes as she pulled the covers over her naked body.

"No, you didn't listen to me." Nightwish said as she managed to get some of Drop's wounds treat, but found others to be more serious. "I told you I've lost men trying to be heroes." She stopped for a moment. "What was that?" 

"When I said this would be my last fight, I didn't think it would be like this." Soul said leaning his head against the bars in despair. He suddenly lifted it back up. "Maybe...I think there's one more thing we can do. One more small glimmer of hope..."

Drop breathed slowly, the rain turning to steam as it hit his bare skin, "That was something Outsiders are Forbidden to ever lay eyes upon, unless they are married into the Tribe. Nightwish, you shouldnt have seen that, but.... I am happy you are here. Also for the record, if I wanted to be a hero, I would have faced them without using that form." 

"At this point put everything on the table." Trax said sittinf back down.

Nightwish stopped working and looked at him for a moment. "Why are you happy to see me? Other than the fact that I'm trying to save your life?" She asked, a little confused when Drop began to mention not seeing anything. 

"The others. Your children got out of the city, and they're heading for Cadence and Nova with information of the cities defenses. Moon, Blade and Autumn are still out there in the city. If we can use them to stall the match until the Empire and Republic's armies get here, we might could escape as the city is being attacked." Soul explained. 

"Well, I made you a promise, that I'd see you again. If you hadnt followed I would have broken that promise, and I dont like to go back on my word." Drop explained as he looked into the stormy sky.

"Getting in contact with will be hard, the Telepathy only works through Tribesmen, it took a lot of concentration on my part to get you into that conversation." Trax said rubbing his temples. 

Nightwish was still for a moment taking in Drop's words. "You...you should be alright. We should get back to the fort." 

"This is different. He's your son. If you could do it with me then it would be nothing." Soul said. "I know you can do it, Trax."

"Getting a message to Blade, Moon, and Autumn will be different. If Oak and Vi have already left, it will be another day at least before they can make it back. Even with Oak using his Wo-..., it wont be enough Soul." Trax explained to him.

Drop groaned as he sat up, "Then we'll want to take them along with as well." He said pointing to a young man and girl walking out from the treeline. The Young man looked like he could be related to Drop, as well as the young girl but she resembled Octavia Melody more. The Young man glanced around at the carnage then to Drop, he used tribal sign language to communicate with Drop who simply nodded, "Nice to finally meet you Oak, and little Viola." Vi shuffled closer to Oak seeing the horrible mess but glance between Oak and Drop, "Whoa he's just like you with the whole wolfy thin-" Oak put a hand over her mouth.

Nightwish raised an eyebrow at the two young ones showing up out of nowhere, and apparently being related to Drop. "Wait...is this your niece and nephew, Drop?" 

"I know how to get in touch with them. Moon and Blade have been loyal to us since day one. I bet even now they're doing something to help us." Soul said putting a hand on his shoulder. "This can be done, dont lose faith yet." 

There was the sound of a guard in pain before Moonshield and Blade suddenly burst into Black's office. "Greetings, Dominus." Blade said in a snarky tone.

"Indeed they are, with news from inside the gates am I right?" Drop asked as he stood up using Nightwish to stabilize himself. Vi hurried to her uncles otherside to help, "Yes, Princess Twilights Apprentice is looking for other ways but we have one that is important for success."   

Black slammed on his desk, "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Well tell us then, child." Nightwish said, getting to a knee to see Vi at eye level.

"I'll make this short and sweet." Moonshield said as he glared at Black. "The truth is out, Black. The princesses, the arena, the gladiator fights, it's all a lie. Some witch has been pulling the strings this whole time. Soon the Empire and the Republic's armies are going to burn this place to the ground." Blade came around the table and put a knife to Black's throat. "If you want to live, you're going to help us." 

Drop put his hand up, "Let us wait till we are in company of Nova and Princess Cadence." He suggested as his wounds needed rest to heal better. Oak nodded in agreement, still amazed that his Uncle defeated three Wendigo by himself, it made his dream of Surpassing his Father even greater of a challenge.

Black gulped, "I choose life, but what can we do honestly?"

"We should go then." Nightwish said. 

Moments later they were back in the fortress, now with dozens of tents set up around it as the Imperial and Republic armies began to slowly start showing up. "Now then, if you have any information for us, we would appreciate it. We would like to take the city with as little bloodshed as possible, although that seems highly unlikely." Nova said to Oakly and Vi. 

"She plans on forcing Soul and Trax to fight to the death in the arena, or else she'll kill Princess Twilight and Lady Octavia. We need you to help us stall the fight until the armies get here." Moonshield explained. "For starters, we're long overdue for our freedom, so you'll going to let us all go." 

"Theres only one, a magic shield that protects the wall around Canterlot. However, Autumn showed us a secret passage that a small team can infiltrate and destroy the shield source." Oakly reported, he felt uneasy in front of his uncle who was eyeing him curiously. Vi sat nervously behind Oakly.

Black nodded, "Right right right, uh just lemme get my keys eh?"

"That will be a job for us." Nightwish said confidently. "I'll take the strongest Crystal Rangers with me. We can have that shield down in a fortnight. Not to mention I have an old friend on the other side, my predecessor Moonshield. He was the Lord Commander of the Crystal Rangers before I took over. He taught me everything I know. He'll help us." 

Blade lifted Black by his collar and kept the blade to his neck as he walked him over to his keys. "I'm proud of you Moon. After all these years you sound like a leader again." Moon could only smile at the compliment.

"You wont be going alone either, my niece and nephew will join you, as will I." Drop said getting up, his wounds were healed shut but they were still in the new scar phase and could still be reopened. 

Nightwish smiled at Drop, admiring his courage and loyalty. "I'll be glad to have you at my side." She said kindly. "It's settled, then. You will get inside the city and disable the shield. And then we rain fire on that witch." Nova said, stabbing a map of Canterlot with a dagger.

Rose sneezed as she sat in the throne, but she did it in such a cute way that Luna couldnt help but stiffle a little laugh. 

Trax opened his eyes from meditation, "The Republic has a plan thanks to my Children, the tourny is tomorrow morning, lets hope they make it in time."

Spring starred at the two Men across from them, "Who are they?" She asked curiously.

Moonshield and Blade had released the rest of the prisoners in Black's house and they quietly snuck into the stands of the arena. Moonshield carefully looked around before him and the others began placing barrels under the princesses box seats, various arenas in the stands and above the main entrance. They then took cover before Blade grabbed a long fuse. "Everybody remember the plan? As soon as we light this, we head straight for the secret path the Princess' student showed us. We race for the hills until we reach the camp. Got it?" Blade said as the other gladiators nodded in agreement. "If this works, the arena will be too damaged and it will delay Trax and Soul's fight, then the armies will have time to get here." Moonshield said.

"Good to hear. Although it will take some time for them to make it. If only there was a way to delay the fight for at least a little bit." Soul said.

Twilight smiled slightly as she looked at them. "That man there is my husband, Soulscream. And that other man is Trax, he's Soul's oldest friend and has a relationship with Lady Melody."

Archived