Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes, dear. They are." Twilight said, still smiling.

"For the Empire." Moonshield whispered as he lit the fuse. Him, Blade and the other gladiators bolted out of the arena and met Autumn by the secret entrance. "Good luck." She said as she opened the door and let them go. When they were gone she sealed the door and teleported away from the scene. The fuse then hit the barrels which causes massive explosions to ring out through the entire arena. 

Soul felt the ground shake as he looked above him where the sound of explosions came from. "What the hell was that?" 

Halfway through the tunnel Moon, Blade and the others were all knocked to the ground from feeling the blast. They scrambled to their feet and kept running. 

The citizens of the city stopped to see explosions coming from the arena and felt the ground shake. The arena was severely damaged and part of it was in flames. 

Spring looked at the two again seeing anguish on their faces, she used a bit of magic to create small foxs out of the stone floor and let them run over into Trax and Souls cell. Trax opened his eyes as he felt something hard and rocky curl into his lap, looking down he smiled a little as he saw the stone fox curling up in his lap. He looked up to see Spring starring back at him, "Thank you Little one." Spring smiled back at him.

Rose watched from her balcony as the stadium crumbled before her, "If they think this will stop anything, they sadly mistaken." She raised her hands casting out a dark purple aura that acted like a full construction crew which began fixing the damages at fast pace. She smiled as the sound of steel hitting the marble floor cane from behind her, Tavi stood entrapped by vines as she attempted to attack Rose while she was preoccupied. "Another day Sweetie."

Black came running into the throne room, "Slipknot, Slipknot! My Gladitors blew up the stadium, they took me hostage and killed my guards, I ask for protection!"

Soul smiled as the fox curled up next to him. "Even in our darkest hour, the light comes from the most unsuspecting places." 

The prisoners had made it to the hills before Moonshield saw the stadium reforming. "She can use her dark magic to fix the stadium, but that doesn't mean the city is ready. They're afraid." Blade looked in the distance where they needed to go to find the camp. "It may not be a lot, not it bought a little bit of time. We have to reach the camp." 

"The Dark Lady sees all, Black." Slipknot said as he nodded to his guards. "They blew up the arena and escaped because you let them go." One of them suddenly punched Black hard in the stomach before another struck him hard in the face knocking them down. Another guard kicked him while he was down before he was forcefully lifted up by two guards. Slipknot appeared with a large wooden block and set it on the ground before guards threw Black down with his neck resting over the block. Slipknot drew a vicious looking black sword. "Black Star, you released slaves and prisoners of war and allowed them to commit an act of terrorism. By enabling your slaves to bring destruction to Canterlot, you have committed treason. By order of the Queens, I sentence you to death. If you have any finals words, now is the time." 

Trax admired the warm feeling as it lasted, knowing full well the events of tomorrow would bring about certain change.

"You cant do this to me! I am not your bloody enemy you wretched scum!" Black Star shouted out in vain as he struggled to get free.

Drop walked up to Cadence and Nova, "Princess, Your Grace, I believe for us to ensure our assault on Canterlot is successful. We need Him, release The Ice Dragon Black Frost under my watch."

Underneath the Fort in a large underground cavern, Several Mages sat around in large circle performing a Firey Sealing spell around a Young man chained to the floor and ceiling. He was had dark skin with dreadlocks down to his shoulders, his icy blue eyes opened as if hearing his name spoken, he smirked deviously with a chuckle, "Winter is Coming."

Slipknot glared at Black as he struggled, a sadistic smile forming on his face. He lifted the sword above his head and brought it down, decapitating Black. Slipknot kicked his body over as he grabbed Black's head and looked at his lifeless eyes. "Such a shame your money couldn't save you." 

Nova nodded. "Very well. See to it he has whatever he needs to be battle ready." Suddenly a guard burst in. "My ladies, escaped prisoners from Canterlot are here." Moon, Blade and the others then walked in and bowed to Cadence and Nova. Nightwish immediately walked up to Moonshield and looked at him in awe. "Lord Commander..." She said softly. Moonshield smiled at her. "You've grown up so much, my dear. You make this old bear proud." He said kindly to his former apprentice. Nightwish hugged him tightly, happy to see her master after all these years.   

Drop took a bow in thanks before heading off, he glanced over at Moon and Blade giving them a slight nod of greeting as he walked out. Oak came running to them, "Moon, Blade? You guys made it!"

"Just barely, my friend." Blade said, relieved to see a friendly face. "We understand that you plan to use an underground path to infiltrate the city. We just used it to escape, we can lead you there." 

The next morning....

Vi watched curiously as the young man known as Black Frost, put on his Warlocke armor. Drop sat nearby drinking a cup of coffee as he read from a book.

Trax stretched his arms as he awoke, even absent of sunlight he could still smell the morning dew.

Moonshield and Blade wore the armor of Crystal Legion officers. "It's been so long since I wore actual armor. It almost doesn't feel right." He said rolling his arms to try and get used to the feeling. Cadence and Nova were nearby looking at the battle plan as the armies prepared to march. "Nightwish, Drop, Blade, Moonshield, Oakly and Black Frost will be our infiltrators. When they lower the shield we can invade the city."

Soul had been awake for a while, staring at Twilight sleeping in the other cell. He couldn't take his eyes off her beauty, and was drenched in fear that he might not live long enough to save her.

"No, I do better in open spaces, let me take care of that little wall problem once the shield is down." Black told them strapping on his gauntlets.

The cell doors opened with two Guards, "Time to Fight."

"Very well. You'll lead the attack then." Nova said turning to the others. "We don't have much time if we are going to save Trax and Soul. We can teleport you to the entrance of the tunnel." Cadence said. "Very well, let's do this." Nightwish said. Cadence and Nova both used magic to send them both to the entrance of the tunnel. Once they were gone, a nearby soldier blew a war horn and the two armies began to march.

Nightwish threw the door open and peered inside. "Let's go."

Twilight saw the guards taking them away and began to weep. Soul looked inside her cell. "Don't lose faith. I will be with you again. I love you." He said as the guard took him away.

Oakly kept his spear on his back and drew a short sword heading into the tunnel, Drop simply walked casually.

Black formed a platform of ice to stand on as he hovered over the armies, he perked his ears and glanced behind him seeing the young girl from before standing behind him, "War is no plac-" He was cut off as his Ice grew up from his plateform catching a knife just inches from his face, "Fair enough." He said turning to look forward again nervously. Vi smirked and sat down but got up as she felt the cold ice freeze her butt, she wore tribal made moccasins her Dad gave her, so her feet were warm.

Trax looked forward intently trying to map out the upcoming events, so many precautions had to be taken and there were close to no exits out at this point.

The arena was rebuilt quickly, and the news of the two Legendary Fighters, brought in the City like moths to a flame. There were whispers of the House of Stars suddenly vanishing from sight but people were already to fearful to guess.

The group walked a couple of miles before they started to feel the dark energies above them. "We must be passing under the shield. Hard to believe she has such a powerful and evil magic barrier and we can just walk under it." Blade said. "Our scouts reported that the shield is operated manually by an individual, most likely somebody in Rose's inner circle." Nightwish said. "Somebody like Slipknot perhaps?" Moonshield asked. "Most likely. Turns out he was in on this conspiracy the whole time."

Several large eagles flew up beside Black with Crystal and Republic Guards riding them before Cadence and Nova joined them. Cadence's eagle was fitted with white armor while Nova's was fitted with navy armor. "Your magic is impressive." Cadence commented on Black's ice plane as they glided over the large army.

"Trax, I know in my heart that they'll get here in time, we can try and stall, but Rose will harm our loved ones if she notices." Soul said sighing as they neared the armory. "I fear we may have to actually fight." 

"Whoever it is, keep calm and in control, surprise will be our best shot at gaining a foothold." Drop told them encouragingly.

"Keep watching Princess, I can do a whole lot more." Black said folding his arms with an icy glimmer in his eyes, "Just wait till the battle starts, this Rose Woman is gonna feel the cold from her comfy palace throne."

Trax looked back at him, "Soul, give it you're all, and I'll give mine."

Slipknot sensed an unrecognized presence and lit his eyes up with shadow magic. "Welcome, friends." He said to himself.

The tunnel began to shake as dark circles began to form up ahead. They slowly turned into skeletal warriors who brandished weapons and growled menacingly at the group. "Shouldn't have expected it to be this easy." Moonshield said drawing his sword.

"I look forward to you making her suffer." Nova said. 

"Best of luck, brother." Soul said as they were lead to separate rooms in the armory. Soul's had a set of armor worn by the Lunar Republic's elite warriors while the traditional armor of Trax and Oakly's tribe was found in the other, a taunt from Rose about their heritage. 

Drop held up his hand to halt them, "Oakly, show us what you know." He told the young man, Oakly nodded to his uncle before making a B-line right at the Skeletons, the first one was slashed instantly with one swing, the second  was bashed back with the pommel of Oaklys sword.

Blacks eyes shined with pride, "I strive to make it so, My Lady."

Trax sighed with discontent, "At the very least, it'll be in my Ancestors honor." He said as he started to prepare himself.

Moonshield and Blade slashed through the skeletons as Nightwish fired arrows into the skulls of the skeletons causing them to collapse. "Don't let them slow you down, every second counts!"

Soul finished arming himself before he noticed the final pieces of equipment he had been given. It was Kane's sword and axe he used in combat since the first day of his training. They had been polished and sharpened so they looked as new. Soul hesitantly picked them up and looked a them, a tear falling from his eye under his helmet. "You want to taunt me before I die...but you only strengthened my will to live."

Oakly tore threw the Skeletons as he raced to the end of the tunnel, Drop followed behind swiftly and calmly dispatching any Skeletons left with careful chops to their spines sending them into pieces. Oakly paused after cutting down a skeleton, "Father mentioned they were held in cells, and there were others with them, I'm going to meet up with Autumn and find them." He told them before rushing ahead of the skeletons.

Trax went to the guards as they waited, he looked into their souless black eyes of the Wendigo, "A shame it wont be you I'm fighting, I know you know things will get, Hairy. Wouldnt you say?" The two guards glared back gripping the hilts of their swords though they didnt need them.

The Rebuilt stadium was jam packed with people from all over the city. Rose sat in Celestias chair still disguised as her, Luna sat in her chair while Tavi and Twilight sat in chair positioned just infront and below them on the balcony. Invisible chains by Rose kept them restrained to their chairs, and threats against Tia and Spring kept them acting normal.

Deep in earth far from the city, a large cavern glowed green from a green pond at the center of the floor. Kanes body was wrapped up in cloth and set aside on a stone table with an empty one next to it. General Lucifer sat at a makeshift desk writing down notes, "One more..."

Nightwish watched him speed ahead of them as she destroyed the last skeleton. "I hope he knows what he's doing." 

Soul reluctantly walked into the arena to a thunderous applause. He heard people chanting "Harvester" over and over, a name he would rather forget. He looked up to see Twilight forced to watch against her will. Tears fell from her face as she was forced to watch another battle that would end in pain no matter what.

As Trax entered the stadium, he put his hood up, instantly the crowed recognized him. "Reaper, Reaper, Reaper!" Their chants gave Trax a mix of hate and Pride, he felt the name was suitable for him but resented the way he earned it. "Like I said Soul, do not hold back, because I wont." He reminded with a stone cold tone.

"The boy is skilled and talented, have faith. Right now, it's us who should be wished Luck." Drop said looking sensing the magic from the shield.

"It's been an honor, old friend." Soul said as he got into a fighting stance awaiting the command to fight. 

Autumn waited anxiously for the others to reach the end of the tunnel. "Please hurry." 

"We have to keep moving. Come on!" Nightwish said taking off down the tunnel with Moon and Blade following. 

Rose stood up and nodded to a guard nearby, the next moment a giant scythe was thrown into the arena sticking just in font of Trax. "Fitting I'd say, but maybe a little overkill." Trax said as he took the giant weapon and twirled it effortlessly but his stance was a little sloppy from having not used it in quite a long time. Rose smirked evilly, "Now, Fight to the death!" Trax pushed off instantly bringing his scythe around with stunning speed at Soul.

Oakly flew by Autumn with a gust of wind as he went past her, "Come On!"

Drop ran with them sensing an uneasy air, not from the shield, but from the center of the city where his brother now fought.

Soul quickly leaned back letting the scythe passed over him before swinging his blade at Trax and bringing his axe around for another strike with incredible speed. 

Autumn quickly followed Oakly as he took off. 

The others soon made it out of the tunnel and heard the crowd cheering from the arena. "We have to find the shield. This way!" Moon said taking off.

Trax used the pole of his scythe to guard against the sword then stuck his scythe into the ground blocking the axe and elbowed Soul back, Trax remained silent as he lifted his scythe up.

Oakly and Autumn approached the front gate of the castle but the place seemed deserted, absent of life. "This isnt good, is theres no one here, then she's focused all her forces to the shield power source."

Drop rounded the corner first catching an arrow in front of his face, "Celestias Titts!" He cursed backing up behind the building, and halting the others, "We may have a slight roadblock, literally speaking." Just 50 meters down the road, there was a barricade of Soldiers and Archers, beyond that was the Shields Power source.

"General, its arrived." A guard yelled from across the cavern, Lucifer stood up as a stretching was brought in carrying the body of a young man, his tribal tattoos signified him as the Northern Wolves. "Excellent, amazing how the Tribes ancestral magic causes thier bodies to be immune to Decay. Unlike ours which require constant attention, Start the ceremony." 

Archived