Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Soul caught the blade of the scythe with his sword and ripped it from Trax's hands and tossing it to the side before he brought his axe around and hit Trax's hard in the face with the side of it knocking him down. It hurt him deep down inside to inflict that pain on his friend but he knew he had no choice.

"I know where it is, the others must be close. We can help them." Autumn said. Soon they heard the sounds of fighting. "This way!"

"That was rude, Drop." Nightwish said peaking around the corner just enough to see what was ahead. "How narrow is the passageway?" Moon asked. "It's not very wide at all." Moon looked at Blade. "Form up, Blade." Moon and Blade jumped out from cover and used their large shields to make a small phalanx and started walking forward, the arrows hitting their shields and nothing else. Nightwish slid behind them and fired a arrow that killed an enemy archer before he could draw another arrow. 

Slipknot's eyes began to glow as he pulled out his large, black blade. "Excuse me, my lady. I have some pests to deal with."

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trax spit out blood as he rose from a kneeling position, hid eyes flashed red as every instinct told him to transform in the face an enemy with equal strength and skill, but he fought against it. "I'm sorry Brother, but I'm going to end this." He said coldly before he rolled forward and pushed off the ground with his hands kicking Soul square in the chest and sending flying across the sands.

((its time Trax be the Martyr.))

Oakly followed Autumn, for some reason he could feel something tugging at him, telling him to go into the castle.

Drop Slung out a pair of throwing knives and dove behind Moon and Blade, throwing his knives as he did and taking out two more Archers, "I was surprised Nightwish, those words just happen to be first to come out."

Rose waved him off as she was more intuned with the battle before her, her senses almost overwhelmed by the excitement of the oblivious Crowed watching this Deathmatch between Brothers. Tavi wanted to desperatly lool away but Roses magic kept her from doing so, "Trax...."

Both bodies were suspended over the green cavern waters, Lucifer nodded to the Priests surrounding the Waters edge, with this they began a chant in Ancient tongue as the bodies were slowly lowered in. 

"Trax, please don't do anything drastic. We can walk out of here together." Soul said as he got back to his feet.

"I'm only teasing Drop." Nightwish said with a smirk as she picked off another enemy soldier. A few rushed at the group only to be forced back with Moon and Blade's shields and cut down. "There is still too many of them." Blade said blocked another arrow. Suddenly a large group of enemies were suddenly blasted away as Autumn appeared and fired an attack spell at them.

Trax picked up his scythe, "Sacrifices must be made for one side to Win." He said monotonously before rushing Soul again.

Drop sighed, "Well thats handy against multiple enemies."

Soul caught the scythe with both of his weapons parrying his attack before head butting Trax knocking him back. He gave Trax another hard strike with the axe before his sword found its way to Trax's shoulder cutting him.

Autumn and Oakly took out more soldiers before Moon and Blade were close enough to engage them while Nightwish filled them with more arrows. She looked to the power source once the soldiers were dealt with. "Now we just need to turn this thing off and-" she was cut off as Slipknot suddenly grabbed her by the throat and threw her against the wall knocking her out cold. "Not today, my friends." He said with an evil smirk holding the hellish looking blade.

Trax stepped back as his cut started to bleed, at the same time a cut on Souls shoulder also opened up, sometime during the close scuffle Trax moved his scythe to make the cut. 

Early that morning... In the dream world, Trax and Drop conversed. "It'll take about a half days March for the Army to be in range of the City, they're leaving soon and so is the infiltration force. Try to last the battle till then." Drop told his little Brother, Trax nodded, "We will try our best."

Drop broke the neck of the soldier he was holding by the throat with one hand, "You're going to regret that Scum." He growled angrily before charging Slipknot whipping out two large daggers. Oakly tapped on Autumns shoulder, "They can handle him, we should find whoever is still locked up in the dungeon."

Black narrowed his eyes sensing the invisible shield around the City on the horizon, "We're almost there, soon I'll be able to launch my magic Artillery attacks to at least get their attention." 

Soul looked at the wound as it bled before charging Trax again and unleashing a storm of strikes on him. His axe found it's way to the handle of the scythe and the force of the blow with the razor sharp edge of the axe shattered the scythe's hilt before Soul ripped his blade across Trax's chest. He felt as if his own chest was being ripped as he struck his friend. 

Slipknot swiftly knocked the knives from Drop's hands with his blade before gripping his throat, shadow magic coming from his hands and burning his neck. "You don't belong here, wildling. You belong with the savages you call a tribe." He said before dropping him and swinging his blade into Moon's shield. "He's too powerful, we have to do this together." Autumn hesitated but finally took off towards the cells with Oakly.

"I just hope they get the shield down." Cadence said with concern for the warriors she sent on the most dangerous mission.

Trax stepped back catching the top half of the scythe and use the bottom half to hit Soul in the face then brought around the top half of his scythe and scoring a slash across Souls back. He felt his own back feel the same pain as he hurt his friend, it was time, "Harvester!" He yelled charging him.

Drop twisted his legs around Slipknots and tripped him over, "Get him now!"

Oakly and Autumn rushed into the castle making their way to the dungeons, "Do you know where they are? You are Twilights Apprentice."

Black held out his hands forming massive spearheads of ice, he then started to spin them faster and faster before lobbing them high and far towards the City, but he disperesed them as they were falling short. "Just a little futher."

Soul fell to his knees in pain. He saw Trax running towards him and grit his teeth, fighting through both the physical pain and the pain of what he was about to do. He shouted loudly as he swung his axe at Trax just as he got close, cleaving him in the side. 

Nightwish groaned as she recovered from the blow and got to her hands and knees. She looked up to see the fight and reached for her bow. Moonshield stood over Slipknot to try and finish him while he was on the ground, but suddenly Slipknot vanished in a cloud of shadow and reappeared behind Moonshield. "Black Star sends his regards." He said evilly as he ran his sword through Moon's back. He gasped as he dropped his weapons and blood starting to come out of his mouth. "NOOO!!!" Nightwish cried as she saw her close friend and former master fall. Blade stared in horror as his best friend, his leader, was slain. He shouted in rage as he rushed Slipknot bashing him back with his shield. 

"Yes. The cells are another level down. But if you're looking for Twilight and Tavi, I fear that Rose has them, making them watch." Autumn said. 

Trax stopped as he coughed up blood and fell into Soul leaning against him, "Please dont blame yourself for this.... Protect my family... And end this era of terror..." He then whispered into Souls ear causing him to grow wide with shock as Trax fell from his shoulder to the ground.

((it'll come up later))

Tavi's eyes grew wide with horror, tears flooded from her eyes, "T-TRAX!" Her scream echoed around the arena before the crowed lit with applause. Rose smirked evily as she fed off Tavi's sorrow and pain, "Lovely pain and sorrow." Luna tigthened her fists, "You spineless witch-" Rose closed her mouth with an invisible wrap.

Drop got back up but felt a sharp pain in his heart, he dropped back to a knee, "Trax..." He looked back up with a blazing fire in his eyes, he charged Slipknot taking him by the collar and swung him around with inhuman strength before tossing him into a nearby building crashing through the wall. "Nightwish, you and Blade take out the shield, I really dont want you to see this." He told them sternly as he walked to the building, his body began to radiate shadows.

Oakly paused feeling a pain in his heart, he didnt understand it at first till he felt something amiss, "Father..."

Vi gasped holding her mouth as she collapsed to a knee, Black looked back, "Whats wrong?" He asked with a hint of concern, Vi started to cry, "I- I cant feel my Papa... I cant...." Blacks eyes went wide before he turned back around forming several large spearheads and lobbing them into the air. They pounded on the shield with great force causing ripples to spread out in waves.

Rose looked up with a smirk, "Ah, right on time."

Soul knelt beside Trax, closing his eyes as a single tear fell from his face. He gently reached for Trax's face and closed his eyes. 

Twilight ripped through Rose's bindings and held onto Tavi, feeling the pain of her lost the same way she felt when Kane died. 

Nightwish and Blade nodded to each other and approached the shield. They took the nearby oil used for torches and dumped it on the shield before Nightwish took a nearby torch and threw it on the shield. It burst into flames and small explosions covered it before it was just a pile of smoldering ruin. 

Slipknot got back to his feet and saw Drop coming. "What is this?" He said, confused of the power Drop now had. 

Cadence and Nova saw a large flash around the city before the shield disappeared. "Rain hell upon them." Nova ordered to a nearby soldier. War horns were heard as the two armies surrounded the city. Their catapults began to launch flaming stones on the city, immediately destroy large amounts of Rose's army and destroying much of Canterlot's defenses. The soldiers began to move battering rams and ladders towards the walls.

Autumn's eyes widened as she knew exactly what it meant. "Oakly...I'm so sorry..."

The crowd in the arena panicked and scrambled as the siege on the city began. Soul looked up to the balcony at Rose. "Today is the day you die, witch."

Tavi screamed and thrashed weakly in pain, she felt as if her heart had been ripped from her chest, "TRAX! TRAX! TRAX!" She cried more as she broke down.

Rose revealed herself to the crowed, "I'd like to see you try Harvester." She dared before vanishing away. Luna got up went into her Alicorn state, instantly she teleported every citizen inside the arena and cast a protective barrier around the colosseum dispelling any evil within. Luna brought Trax and Soul up to the balcony, Tavi instantly on Trax hugging his body as she weeped more. 

"This is me being what you call, A Savage wildling. Any who see this form, are made sure not to live to tell the tale, you're fate is sealed." Drop spoke with a rising growl as he took on the form a tall dark brown werewolf standing over Slipknot with gleaming black and yellow eyes, suddenly Slipknot was sent through another building as Drop raced after him.

Oakly stood up getting his bareings, "Its okay, l-lets go save Celestia and her friend." He said running to the stairs, he wanted to cry out in sorrow but he knew that wasn't what his father would, he would keep going on and so must He.

Black halted them as he approached the wall, behind him Vi still cried with sorrow, "You made the girl cry, so I will make you bleed." He brought his right arm back as a huge magic circle appeared right behind him, the area grew un-naturally cold as the wall began to freeze over fromt of him. Black grit his teeth and threw his punch, shattering a good section of the wall into snow flakes. Suddenly a purple vine whipped him in the face sending soaring over the army and into a hillside, Rose appeared behind Nova and Cadence grabbing their hair and spinning around to send the both in the same hill. Rose wiped out any who attempted to attack her as she made her way towards the three. "Come on, I haven't had a good challenge since the Princesses Parents."

Soul quickly hugged Twilight and kissed her. "Go break Celestia and Spring out and get somewhere safe. Hurry!" Twilight nodded before teleported away. 

Autumn and Oakly arrived in the dungeon just as Twilight teleported there. "You're free!" Autumn said, happy her teacher was safe. "For now. Come on, we have to get to safety." She said as he obliterated the door of the cell holding Celestia and Spring. She took Celetia's hand and gently helped her up before doing the same with Spring. "I'm going back for Tavi and I'll meet you later."

Slipknot got back to his feet, actually trembling with fear but tried not to show it as he charged Drop.

Nightwish and Blade knelt by Moonshield's body as Nightwish wept for her fallen master. Suddenly his body turned to ashes that blew away in the wind. "What is dead may never die..." A voice came from behind them as a living Moonshield stood over them. They both stepped back in shock that Moon wasn't dead. "How...we saw you fall?" Blade said in shock. "An ancient and secret trick to cheat death, only known by the Lord Commander of the Crystal Rangers. My final lesson to you, Nightwish, that I never got a chance to teach you." Nightwish smiled. "After this is over you can teach me." Moon nodded and grabbed his sword and shield from the ground. "Come on, we're just in time to watch Drop tear Slipknot apart." 

Cadence got to her feet before drawing her sword while Nova took out twin warglaives. They both shimmered with magic from their respective homes. "Come on then, b1tch." Nova said coldly. 

The Imperial and Republic armies poured into the destroyed walls of the city and clashed with Rose's soldiers. Soul suddenly appeared on the streets carving through enemy soldiers from behind as he glared at the hillside where Rose had flown. 

Oakly went to the little girl and offered his hand to her, Spring blushed and nervously took the hand of the handsome young man before her, "Come on, We need to get them somewhere safe." Oakly said taking lead out of the dungeon, Celestia was weak from Roses torture but was able to stand with Autumns help, "Thank young ones."

Tavi continued to cry over Traxs body as Luna held up her barrier to protect the citizens.

Black stood up cracking his neck, "Alright you witch, its time for you to chill." He fired an endless volly of icy spikes but Roses shield held up against them, two purple chains came out from her shadow towards Nova and Cadence.

Drop leaped forward and batted Slipknot away sending him through two walls and implanting into the third wall, before he had time to react, Drop came again headbutting him through two more walls and before he landed in the middle of Nergals old training grounds.

"Of course, my princess. I'm going back for your sister and Tavi." Autumn said before teleporting away. 

She appeared near Tavi and Luna. "Come on, we have to get you to safety!" Autumn said frantically to them.

They both teleported away from Rose's attack before Nova deliver several hard strikes before pushing her towards Cadence who slashed at her several times. 

Slipknot struggled throught the pain to try and stand, now completely weak with fear. 

"I'm not leaving him!" Tavi screamed as she held onto him, Luna nodded to Autumn, "Go ahead and bring my sister and Spring here, they will be safe under my barrier."

Roses shield did not waver by the strikes from the two, "Is tha the best you can do?" She jeered before blasting them both with black magic, Black formed an enormous hammer and leaped to slam it on top of her but Rose evaporated the ice and wrapped her vine around Blacks neck.

Drop landed before Slipknot, picking him up by the throat and holding him high, below he flexed out his claws which gleamed in the sunlight before spearing half his arm through Slipknots belly. Drop then continued to savagely ripping and tearing Slipknots body apart with his teeth and claws. 

Autumn quickly teleported and reappeared with Celestia, Twilight, Spring and Oakly. Twilight strengthened Luna's shield as they were all safe for the time being. "We can't stay here forever."

Moon, Blade and Nightwish appeared just as Drop had finished ripping Slipknot to shreds and stared in awe. "He got what he deserves. Good job Drop." Moon said. "We still have a battle to win. Time to jump into the fray."

A trail of destruction followed Soul as he made it out of the city walls and saw the magical battle in the distance. 

Cadence blasted the vine freeing Black before throwing a powerful blast of magic generated from the Crystal Heart's power she was channeling at Rose knocking her back.

Oakly bent down over his father as Tavi stilled cried ontop of him, "Father..." Spring held close to Tia as she felt sorry for the two. "Keep the shield up, we must hold out and keep the citizens safe." Tia told them.

Drop stood up breathing heavily as rage surged through him, he looked back at the three with predatory eyes as if to attack them but he instead leaped over them heading towards the sounds of battle.

Rose blocked the attack as she slid back, suddenly her eyes changed pure black and switched places with Nova letting her take the blast instead. After ducking under Blacks icy halberd, Rose switched places with Cadence putting her and Black in close proximity so Rose could blast them with a black sphere. "Please, this is hardly a challenge, I'm not even using my full power. Come on dear Cadence, use that Alicorn magic, let me taste it." She teased with a wild grin.

Twilight used her magic to reinforce the shield. "It could take hours, days even for the city to fall. They might not even be able to. We need a plan to get it eventually." Autumn said. 

The he three looked at each other in confusion before following Drop towards the battle.

Cadence grit her teeth before blasting Rose with an incredibly powerful magic blast that was stronger than anything she had done previously. It threw Rose back a couple of feet and burned her skin.

"Agreed, Twilight, find a place outside the wall to set up a camp for the citizens. Pull soldiers from the front lines to assist." Luna said, Tavi hugged tighter on Traxs body, "Take them with you too." She added with sorrow for her dear friend. Oakly gripped his fists, "Autumn, take me to the battlefield." 

Rose held up her arms against the blast as he skin burned, "Ah thats it, thats what I like." Suddenly a vine sprouted from below Cadence and taking her by the throat, the rest of the vine surfaced before Cadence was reeled in to Rose. But before she could move, a knife came from the corner of her eye giving her time to move back but still got grazed on her cheek, Vi had leaped in and tmspun the knife around for another go but Rose took her by throat as well and slung Cadance away. "You litte brat, no magic and you think you can take me you must be joking. You do look familiar... Wait, you're the daughter of Trax, oh that's adorable. Oh well, you're tribe is pretty much extinct anyways so might as well be sure of it right?" Vi gasped as she felt a sharp pain in her side, Roses dagger pulled out and Vi was dropped to the ground. Rose flicked away blood from her blade before she realized a drop in the temperature, then the presence of strong magic, "Oh, did I strike a nerve, Iceman?" She teased glancing back at Black who had completely lost all cool, his his flickered white before he erupted with a crazy amount of magical energy that even Rose braced against. With a flick of his wrists, Both him and Rose were surrounded in a giant dome of ice and levitated in mid air. Black pointed his hands at Rose with pure cold rage and hatred in his eyes, "Ice Dome, this is my world now, you're life ends here!" He yelled sending spirals of icy spikes from around the dome at Rose, "We'll see about that." She replied lighting up her hands with black magic.

Drop soon caught up with Soul running with him in human form, he remained quiet knowing it was Soul who killed Trax directly but Rose who set the stage, he knew Trax picked that route, and he had to honor it.

Autumn teleported herself and Oakly away from them. "What about you, Luna? Come with us." She said as she prepared to teleport. 

Once Autumn and Oakly were at the battlefield, they were immediately charged by a group of enemy soldiers. Autumn blasted one away before taking out a dagger to defend herself. 

Cadence rushed to Vi's side gently holding her. She noticed the wound and tried to use her healing magic on it. "You'll be ok, sweetie." She said trying to sound comforting. 

Soul up nodded to Drop before tearing into more soldiers as Nightwish, Moon and Blade joined them.

"Secure us a camp outside the city for the citizens, I will start the teleportation spell. With this many it will hard on me, but I will what I must for the people of Canterlot." Luns said as her eyes glowed white in preparation for the spell, Tia lent what was left of her magic to Luna, Spring followed suit but glanced back to where Autumn and the Young man had teleported from.

Oakly brought around his spear and slashed the rest down, "Out o my way!" He said with rage as he dashed forward.

Vi breathed slightly but was fading, her eyes were fixated on the giant ice dome above them as noises could be heard from within while Black battles with Rose.

Drop stopped with a soldier in his headlock as he noticed the huge ice dome, looking down his eyes flashed with anger and sadness, he broke the soldiers neck and ran to Vi and Cadence.

((Totally meant for Twilight to say that. My bad.)) 

Twilight nodded as she teleported Tavi and Trax outside the city in the hills behind the armies. 

Cadence kept trying with her magic to help Vi. "Come on, sweetie. Stay with me." 

Soul got outside the city and saw the dome in the distance. He followed after Drop as they went towards it.

Drop slid in next to Vi and Cadence, "What happened to her?" He asked worridly as he took her hand, her pulse was starting to rise a little and Cadences magic was helping close the wound, she would make a full recovery but he was still worried for her. Above the ice dome shook as the battle inside continued on between Black and Rose.

Archived