Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

As she spoke the ice dome shattered completely, a seperate cloud of ice shot out and landed a few meters away. The dust settling with Black, but his appearence was altered by horns and scaled hands and feet like a dragon, scales covered his faces and his eyes were pitch black with icy blue slits. Rose levitated above them, her appearence also altered with her skin now black as night, horns sprouted from her head, and her eyes purple with black flowerlike pupils. Black demon wings grew out from her back, a beam shot from her hand blasting Black into the ground and pushing him back into a hill, the dust settled again with him in human form unconscious. Drop stood up tightening his fists, "You.... You... I'll KILL YOU!" His yell turned into a mighty roar as he changed into his wolf form, his eyes grew ablazed with red color as his dark brown fur phased into a pitch black with brown stripes. Rose smirked as Drop jumped off the ground at her, she blasted him with purple fire but she gasped as he burst through to her and slashed her across the face sending her flying back smashing into the side of a cliff.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soul saw the direction that Rose was sent and gripped his weapons tightly. Nova saw him and nodded. "Go, kinsmen. The power of moonlight flows in you." She said as she sent a large amount of power into Soul's body. Soul suddenly glowed a navy blue color. "Vengeance in mine." He said as he took off towards Rose with incredible speed and slashed her across the face with his blade before bashing her with the flat side of his axe.

Rose flew back across the ground, Drop sped up beside her swiping her another way, Drop leaped up and came slamming down with both feet smashing her into the ground. Drop moved out of the way for Soul to deliver another hit.

Soul grabbed Rose by the throat and threw her on the ground before throwing her in the air and ruthlessly assaulting her with slashed from his blade and cleaving her with his axe. He delivered a final deep wound in her chest before throwing her to the ground and standing on her throat, pointing his sword to her face. "It's time for you to pay for all the pain you've caused. You've enslaved this city and the princesses, you've invaded and destroyed homes, you've enslaved and sent innocent people to die, and you killed my son and my friend, my brother. Today you die, witch." 

Roses slight chuckle turned into a bout of laughter, Drop growled angrily as Black sat up wincing with pain, Vi closed her eyes sensing the coming of a horrible event. Rose smirked evilly, "You think you've won, but what you don't realize is, Slipknot was not my only subordinate." Suddenly a dark shape appeared behind Soul wrapping an arm around his head and bringing back over top and throwing him into Drop. Black shot off a single ice spear but it was caught with ease, the large man was dressed in Royal black armor with lions on his chest plate, his long white hair flowed in the wind as his scared face showed little emotion. Rose stood up as she healed up, "Hello Lucifer, did you complete your tasks?" As she spoke, Lucifer drew his sword, "Yes My Lady, the resurrection of Hurricane Lightning and Kasey Trax was a complete success, they awaite your command." Behind them, the smoke cleared with two figures walking in front of a small Spartan Army.

Oak froze as he felt the presence of one two he saw die before his own eyes, looking ahead his eyes went wide in shock, "Impossible..."   

Soul looked on in horror as he saw Kane reanimated, the fear of having to kill his own son washing over him once again. "What did you do to him?!" He yelled in rage. 

((So how does this work? Are you controlling them both?))

"I brought him back to you, of course he's under my control, but nevertheless He is alive. Though I can't speak for you in about five minutes." Rose said as the young man who resembled Oakly sped forward bringing his sword around at Souls face, suddenly the sword was parried as Oakly stood in fromt of him with his spear. "I watched you die brother, please don't make me go through that again." He said pushing him off. Lucifer rushed Drop who batted him away with his claws, Roses shield came up blocking a blast of ice from a barely standing Black. Kane faced Soul emotionlessly.

((all yours buddy, they were brought back through the lazarus pit and are now under Roses black magic.)) 

Kane's stare to Soul was a hundred times more haunting than Kane's berserker stare in the arena. Soul grit his teeth in anger. "You keep digging yourself a deeper hole, witch. Your death keeps looking worse and worse." He said coldly. Kane charged Soul as swung at him with a greatsword which Soul blocked with his weapons.

Oakly could guard against his brothers onslaught, "Just like old time I see, just worse." He said jumping back.

Drop clashed with Lucifer, the old man was keeping up with him surprisingly. Rose dragged Black to her hands choking him, "Pity, now your barely conscious girlfriend is going to watch you die. Except this time I wont let you live afterwards." She told him as she formed a dagger and prepared to strike him.

Soul fought with anger and rage with Kane, knowing his son was dead and could not be brought back caused him to fight less cautiously. He relentlessly rained down blows on Kane but they were mostly blocked by Kane's greatsword. 

Suddenly a blast of alicorn magic knocked Rose back as Nova and Cadence stood before her. "We're not finished with you, witch." Cadence said coldly.

Black fell to his knees breathing heavily, Rose hissed before firing a couple blasts at Cadence and Nova. Vi started to stand thanks to Cadences healing, Rose took notice and unleashed several beams at her, she gasped in horror before she was pushed out of the way. She watched as Black was pierced through his chest, shoulders and stomach, suddenly a beam shot through his head. Vi screamed in horror as Black fell lifeless, "BLACK!"

Drop slashed Lucifers shoulder as he slashed his, they jumped away from eachother, "Your kind has always been a thorn in my side, and now I will eradicate you all right here and now!" Lucifer said angrily.

Oakly backed up from Kaseys endless barrage, "Wake up Kasey its me, remember your brother, remember me." 

Cadence and Nova stared in shock as Black fell before Nova charged Rose and slashed her across the face with her warglaive and Cadence blasted her back with more of her powerful magic. 

Kane delivered a strong punch that knocked Soul back, but Soul returned to his feet and knocked Kane back before his blade ripped across Kane's chest. "If there's anything left of my son in you, you will stand down." Soul said glaring at him. "Please..."

Rose stood up loopily as her face sizzled from her healing, "Oh, did I make you angry? Well guess what princess, only more death will follow!" Her magic burst out cracking the ground around them as her black vines sprung up.

Drop kicked away Lucifer before leaping back dodging the vines. Oakly tripped Kasey and kicked him away before running up the vines, Kasey recovered quickly and followed him. 

Vi crawled over to Black tearing up, "Black? Black?.... Please wake up....please..." Her eyes shined as a bright light appeared on his chest.

Nova quickly cut down the vines around her and Cadence before they could harm her. "Only one death will come today, witch. Yours." She said as she held out her hand and a beam of pure moonlight blasted Rose back, her skin beginning to burn and combust. 

"I will not beg you like I did in the arena. I know somewhere in there is my son." Soul said loudly to Kane. Kane glared at him for a moment. "Father..." The word weakly came from his mouth before he struck at Soul again.

Tia glanced around as the camp was being occupied by the citizens, Luna was talking with some Soldiers to distribute supplies and help the citizens. Tia had a look of concern on her face, "Where is Spring?"

Rose stumbled back as her skin regenerated, "Oh you gotta do better than that." She waved her hand casting out several balls of purple fire that exploded around Cadence and Nova. Rose started another spell but was suddenly hit over by a blast of green light, Spring stood a little ways away with hand out, she pulled it back after realizing she was getting in over her head. Rose grew angry as she stood back up, but she knew nonetheless she needed to be careful. Springs magic was Alicorn in nature, but it was of the Light type, meaning her magic can slightly more damage to her. Luckily for Her though, Spring was only a child with hardly any actual training, meaning she wasnt too much of a threat. But still, Rose lit up her eyes and flashed behind Spring swinging with her shadowy blade, Spring turned her head as she went wide with fear. Suddenly Oakly dove in grabbing Spring, the shadowy blade scoring his back before sliding away with Spring in his arms. Kaseys eyes flashed and blinked, "OAKLY!" He blurted out. Spring opened her eyes as Oaklys hold on her became weaker, "Oakly?" Vi became wide with horror fearing she was about to lose another family member.

Drop took Lucifers sword through his arm but gained an upper hand as he bit down hard on his shoulder and tossed him aside, "Oakly.,.," He said seeing the event occur.

Twilight frantically looked for Spring before realizing where she truly was. "Oh no..."

Cadence used her magic to pull Oakly and Spring closer to her as she saw the grevious wound Oakly had endured and tried to heal it. "Please, my friend...don't leave us." She whispered. 

Kane and Soul were locked together in battles as they both stopped to see the event. Kane's human side began to return as he saw his friend be struck down. "Oakly..." He whispered. He stared at the event for a while before looking to Soul and looking down at his own hands. He gripped them together and grit his teeth. "No more..." He growled as he took his greatsword and with inhuman strength threw it across the field and straight through Lucifer's chest with incredibly force.

Lucifer fell to his knees throwing up blood, Rose teleported to him, "You played your part well my love." She said bending down to kiss him, his body turned into shadows as he was absorbed into Rose. "Ah yes, a strong spirit he was." Her body began to glow with a purple aura, her power steadily rising. Spring held onto Oaklys hand, "Is he gonna be okay?"

Drop and Kasey positioned themselves between Rose and the others, Kasey changed into his werewolf form, his dark brown fur frosted white. Suddenly Black stepped up alongside them, a white aura covered his body as ice covered his body like scales and horns atop his head. Vi went over to Cadence and Spring, "I think we're gonna okay from here."

Kane picked up his greatsword again as he glared at Rose. Her dark powers still pulled at him, but he was conscious enough to think for himself. He ran at Rose and delivered a massive strike right in Rose's chest, a long, deep gash appearing on her from the blow.

Rose barely flinched, instead a sadistic grin slid across her, Kane was thrown back across the ground with a single flick of her wrist. Black lit up his hands, "I'll keep her busy, find an opening and take it." He said firing a barrage of icy spears. Drop and Kasey zipped around dodging Roses magic blast as her shield deflected Blacks barrage.

Oakly struggled through the pain as he felt the sting of the magic blades cut in his back, "I need to help them...."

"No, you need to relax so I can help you." Cadenc said holding him down and using her magic to attempt to heal Oakly. 

"We'll do it together." Soul said to Kane. Kane nodded and raised his sword, anticipating a chance to strike Rose when she was distracted.

Kasey and Drop dashed in from opposite sides but Rose raised several vines from the ground around her hitting away the two wolves, Black froze two of the vines creating a small window of opportunity.

Soul and Kane then charged at Rose, hatred in both of their eyes as he saw the opening they could take. They came from behind her and both stabbed their blades through Rose's back, immediately feeling dark energy spill out from where their blades pierced her. 

Rose giggled, "Gotcha!" Suddenly her energy became vines wrapping Kane and Souls arms and sides, her giggling turned into a gasp as Black rushed in impaling her stomach with a large icy spear. Drop and Kasey charged from the sides crossing their claws together as they jumped over and sliced her throat wide open. Rose was in utter shock but she smiled grimmly, "If I die, I'm taking you with me." Black attempted to back up but his feet were held in by vines, Drop and Kasey were pulled in by more vines as Soul and Kane were still held by vines on their limbs. Roses body began to crack and glow as her energy built up. Suddenly a bright light blinded everyone as green bubble formed around them, slowly they were all freed of their restraints and pulled out of the bubble, "You wont be hurting anymore of my Friends, you filthy Witch!" Springs angry voice sounded as she stepped forward, her eyes were alit with white fire as white aura wings fanned out from her back, she rose from the ground a little as she glared at Rose. Drop returned to his human form with Kasey, they stared in amazement at the power of such a young girl. Oakly watched in awe, "Its beautiful..." Rose glared at Spring, "You littleBrat." She cursed before her body exploded with dark energy, Spring braced herself as she held the explosion in within the bubble, but the expanded out keeping the energy contained. "I WONT LET YOU HURT ANOTHER LIVING BEING!" Spring raised her hands sending the bubble high into the air, suddenly the bubble cracked and the explosion formed into a massive sphere of destruction, the very bottom of it just inches from springs determined face. The black sphere collapsed in vanishing from this world, Spring let out a sigh of relief before passing out and falling back into someones arms. She blinked open hers tiredly and blushed seeing the peircing blue gaze of Oakly staring down at her, "Good job, Spring." She nodded turning bright red. Drop and Kasey smiled with ease realizing it was over, Black sighed before he was hugged by Vi surprisingly.

Tia and Luna looked up after seeing the massive black sphere dissappear, "Its over.... It's finally over..." Tavi still held onto Trax but smiled knowing their suffering was over, "They did it Trax, now you can finally rest in peace, knowing you're sacrifice was not in vain."

There were loud cheers in the distance as Rose's black banners dropped from the walls around Canterlot, meaning that the Republic and Imperial armies were victorious and had retaken the city. "It's over at last." Nova said with a relieving sigh. Cadence walked over to Spring and knelt down looking at her. "Spring Leaf...I've waited a long time to finally meet you dear." She said sweetly with a smile, finally getting to see the student she was promised. Soul let out a sigh of relief before turning to Kane. "What does this mean for you? Are you...are you reall alive Kane?" Kane looked down at his hands. "I don't know..." 

Twilight looked in the distance and smiled, a tear of joy falling from her face. 

Nightwish threw a torch on a pile of Rose's banners as they began to burn. "Release all the slaves and gladiators, tell the other domini they have 24 hours to leave the city or be punished." She said to two soldiers who nodded and left to follow her orders. "Can you believe it, Blade? We can finally go home." Moonshield said to Blade. 

Spring smiled and hugged Cadence tightly, "Its good to finally meet you Cadence." Drop rubbed his chin in thought, "The Waters they bathed is known as the Lazarus Pit, I've heard stories about its healing effects but I never thought death to be one of them." Drop said as he took a quick sniff of Kasey and Kane, "They're scents tell me they are indeed alive, its a miracle, and one no doubt possible by our enemy." Kasey glanced over at his brother as the little girl swooned over him, "Honestly I'm not complaining, especially at a second chance."

Over the next week, the city as beginning to return to normal. Though only a few Domini actually made it out of the city alive due to their Gladiators killing them, a new Guard had been devised up to assist in hunting down the Gladiators who continued to spread bloodshed outside the city walls. Traxs burial had marked the era of a new age for Equestria, by honoring those who have fallen in the Battle against Rose, The Princesses had a statue built in his name with a list of names of all those who lost their lives. Spring was officially apprenticed under Cadence, she overjoyed to sat the least. Black was named an official Wizard of Canterlot for his service, and after proclaiming his love for Vi, he vowed to protect Canterlot with his life. Tavi, saddened by her loss, decided to accompany Oakly and Kasey back to their homeland and reclaim their home. Drop had to commit everyone who saw his and Kaseys wolf form to secrecy, no outsider was ever to see it as per their ancient tribal code.Tia and Luna resumed their leadership over Equestria, they had a long road ahead of them to fix the damage done by Rose, but they knew things would get better with each passing moon. Kane and Kaseys revival was a mystery still, although they seemed fine, both admitted to being plagued with nightmares of death and Rose. Spring made them both charms to wear, the magic helped some but they still carried the burden. 

Archived