Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Kane got to his feet growling in anger. He looked at Soul who gave him a look. "Control your emotions." He seemed to tell Kane. Kane got the message and looked back at Kaveck before charging him and bashing him with his shield before slashing him lightning fast with the wooden sword. He threw a punch at Kaveck which knocked one of his front teeth out.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaveck spit out blood and grinned, "The lil pup bares teeth, but like many, his bark does not live to his bite." He joked causing the other Gladiators to chuckle. Kaveck struck hard against Kanes shield then took the pommel of his sword and beat Kanes face twice then spun around bashing his shield against Kane sending him off his feet and against the wall knocking him outcold. Kavack chuckled more, "The ways of the Gladiator are far different from your cowardly armies, best you forget what taught, less you end up as this bug." He said pointing at Kane. "The Champion speaks words of truth, what you have learned outside these walls is but that of a child compared what you will learn here in time. And some day maybe, stand as a god of the Arena." Doctore spoke as he nodded for Kaveck to step back. "A god yes, but you Doctore are the trainer of gods themselves, an Immortal high above them." Stryker spoke out in praise, the other Gladiators are howled to share in praise. Oak glanced around, "Sick words ring true, Kavecks stance was stronger and more balanced, his strikes heavier than any I have seen."

"Don't let them fool you. They're trying to scare you. Gladiators are for show, they aren't real warriors." Soul said quietly to Oak. "Although I must say that one packs a punch." He said looking to Kane's unconscious body. "I know more than anybody here what goes on in the arena."

Blade and Moonshield shot each other a glance before getting up and subtly going to Kane. They picked him up and took him back to one of their slave homes without the Doctore or anybody else noticing. Once inside they began to nurse Kane's grevious wounds.

Meanwhile at the castle, the young princess Twilight Sparkle walked the halls by herself. She looked worried as if she heard terrible news and was greatly distressed.

"Then show them how a 'real' warrior fights then? Since you claim yourself in such .....high regard." Doctore asked as he stared hard at the two, Oak tried to meet it with his lip curled in a snarl but the peircing blue gaze was stronger than he imagined and felt himself look down. "Goodluck." He mumbled under hid breath. "Stryker, take position." As Doctore spoke a sword and shield were given to Stryker as he to the sands, "Come Lunar Mutt, I would have your head on a stake, as the rest of your kind now rest."

"Princess Twilight, what makes such beautiful face deepen with hurt?" The soothing and harmonizing voice came from behind as beautiful woman in a purple dress robe with black hair and violet eyes walked up to her. Octavia Melody was known far and wide for her beautiful voice and talent of the cello, her claim to fame gained her residency within the Castle, she did not refuse the help of slaves but treated them better than most.

((So my backstory for Soul was that he was arrested and made a slave and eventually gladiator long ago when he was a teenager. He was strong enough to win his freedom so he's used to the gladiator life and is extremely deadly. I wanted him to make a statement by thrashing Stryker in this fight. Maybe not complete destroy him but enough to make a statement. Is that ok? I just want to paint Soul in a good light in this RP. You can treat Kane like sh1t all you want, but I just want Soul to be respectable.))

Twilight sighed and looked at Tavi. "It just hurts my heart seeing more slaves come into Canterlot. What happened to our home, Tavi? What happened to the noble Celestial sisters who stood for peace and harmony? Why have they become the dictators that they are now? Why do they enjoy the suffering of others?"

((100% gotcha))

Tavi went grim knowing her words spoke truth, since the overpopulation money and food had begun to decline. Then after a visit from Saddle Arabia, Celestia and Luna introduced slavery into the kingdom, and began raging wars across many bordering countries. In 30 years Equestria had grown over twice its size and has flourished overwhelmingly. "It is not the suffering of others they desire, it is the well being of their people. Though through wrong path, they have seen Equestria into gleaming times of riches and wealth." She tried to explain.

Soul picked up the wooden sword Kane was using and approached Stryker. "I would much rather use a real sword when I gut you like the pig that you are, but I suppose beating you senseless will do just fine." He said coldly as he pointed the sword at Stryker. "I stood where you are standing before you could speak."

"How do you explain Cadence then?" Twilight said, looking back down at the people below. "She was the only one brave enough to speak out against it, and they disown her. Their own niece for buck sake." She sighed. "I hate to think of them this way, but every day it seems like they grow colder."

Doctore narrowed his eyes curiously, Stryker huffed, "You stood as shįt on the ground!" He roared lashing out fast with a shield sword combo, but Doctore already saw his fatal flaw of leaving his rear open.

Tavi frowned remembering the horrible scene, she no longer had the words to comfort nor to provide wisdom, all she did was move on and try to just live life.

((So my question is, how do you want the gladiators reaction to the infamous Harvester of Sorrows? Also he should have his brand from his last Dominus. For Blacks house its a branded 'S'))

Soul leaned to the left causing Stryker to fly right past him. He then elbowed him in the spine hard causing his body to lock up. He grabbed him by the throat and stood him back up, delivering a brutal flurry of strikes before knocking him to the ground. He spat on Stryker and glared at Doctore. "Got anything more challenging?" He asked sarcastically. Moonshield and Blade had returned to watch, and both were in awe of Soul's might.

Twilight sighed again and looked back to Tavi. "I'm sorry, Tavi. I don't mean to bring you into this. Thank you for listening."

((Maybe have the gladiators shocked to see him after only hearing stories. The Doctore and Black may remember him well. I'll explain it more later, but his old Dominus was Nergal and has an 'N' brand, but he was always more fond of Black's house.))

Doctore kept his glare straight back at him, unwavering against something he'd already seen once before. Black had come back to the balcony and was in awe, great excitement gleamed in his eyes. The other gladiators were stunned in surprise at the quick move, even Kaveck found it hard to believe. Oak nodded his head with an 'Okay' face, a little surprised Soul knew the gladiatorial arts. Doctore kept his glare with Soul then smirked, "Welcome back to the sands, Harvester of Sorrows." As he spoke every Gladiator surprssed an awe of amazement, Kaveck gulped and fell to a knee as if weakened by his mere presence, a new presence as strong as the Doctore himself, the other Gladiators followed suit still in shock. Black chuckled with pride and glory, "Haha yes! The gods have truly blessed me this day! The Harvester of Sorrows himself, I'd thought I'd sooner perish than to see his likeness within my Ludus." He baffled with excitement. Black glanced at the other new slaves picking Oak out among them easily since his resemblling to Doctore, "Doctore, have your Kin face the four Equestrians, I would see if your skill and prowess runs through his veins." Doctore nodded and placed his right hand in a fist over his heart, "Yes Dominus, you heard him, take positions!" Black rested his gaze on Soul, "Harvester, come, and share drink with me while I watch." He commanded, two guards came up to Soul taking his weapons and leading him into the house.

Tavi shook her head, "No, it is better I hear these words, I would not see you end up as Cadence. Regardless of your feelings, your people need you here, more revolution would only hurt them." She warned. "Unfortunately you will also have to witness the Gladiator games as well, Luna has invited me into the pulvinis with you. Opening games are in two moons."

Soul nodded as he approached Black with the guards. "Glad to see you're doing well, Dominus Black Star. Never thought I'd be here again. I must say your two..."champions" aren't like what I used to face." He said, looking at Kaveck and Stryker. He shot them a haunting glare. "They better not harm my apprentice again."

Twilight sighed and stepped away from the window. "I suppose I should be thankful that youl'll be there as well. It will help me make it though."

"Training is learned through the disciplined. As for your, apprentice, he will have to earn his place as the others have, and so will you. The first game is in two moons time, we shall have the initiation before then. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness neither, I am your Dominus now, and you will treat as such regardless of who you are." Black told him sternly, his excitement from before almost gone, "Though I am glad you are here in my Ludus, special treatment comes at a price of victories in the arena, and all yours before do not count now. Win this next, and I see you your own personal chamber. Overstep me and I will see you personally over the cliff side." He ended waving him off as he turned to watch Oak vs the four Equestrians. Oak took a stance with his sword and shield, one of the Equestrians charged forward carelessly, Oak stood firm and sidestepped in a spin letting the slave go right past him and towards the cliffside, Oak then threw his shield like a disk knocking the off the cliff. The other Equstrians stood in surprise as the scream faded away to a stop.

Tavi dipped her head kindly, "We can get through this together."

"Special treatment will not be necessary. However, for my victories and achievements I wish to be rewarded another way." Soul said as he looked in the distance at the castle before looking across the way to an abandoned mansion with an empty gladiator yard. A broken sign lay before it with the letter N written in a strange font. "Your house will taste victory a hundred times over, from me and from Kane. I seek answers, and I believe you can help me.....noble Dominus." Soul dipped his head respectfully and left.

Twilight smiled and nodded to Tavi. "Thank you, Tavi. Enough about me. How have you been?"

"Wait, I would hear more of what you speak." Black called back still watching the fight, one of the guards grabbed Souls arm and turned him around. Oak ducked and dodged around the three slaves swings, his speed and agility keeping him ahead of their attacks. Suddenly Oak tripped one and took his sword then deflected an attack bashing the slave in the face with the flat side of his wooden sword, Oak then swung around positioning both swords behind him and stabbing them both into the chest of the third slave. He coughed up blood before falling back dead, Oak stood with bloody swords, these slaves were hardly trained, even four on one and they were still outmatched. Doctore narrowed his eyes keenly, his eyes flashing with familiarity as if he was seeing someone from another lifetime.

Tavi tensed up and blushed, flashes of being held close by a man with tribal tattoos as they breathed heavily, "Oh you know darling, practice makes perfect." She said putting meaning towards her cello practice.

Soul shot a glare to the guard before turning back to Black. "I'm sure you hear this from all the prisoners, but I don't belong here. My apprentice and I were betrayed by the newest Equestrian General. He is from the republic, same as us. But I think this general is up to something else, and I think my old Dominus has something to do with it." He looked back to the abandoned house Nergal was once the head of. "I'm sure you remember Nergal well." he said, the name sounding venomous to the ears. 

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "I didn't realize cello practice makes mares flustered and blushing." she teased. 

Black took sip of wine as he watched Oak shove a sword down the throat of another slave, "Indeed I remember the Snake, as for your claim of not belonging here, it is no longer your choice. You are a slave again, and will remain one till you can pay of your worth." He chuckled, "And yours is very very high, especially of you plan to pay of your friends worth as well."

Tavi went wide eyed getting all red, images of her gripping tightly to his back as she stifled a scream of pleasure, "It is for me alright!" She said looking away embarrassed.

Soul turned to leave again. "You will get your victories, your gold and your entertainment. But I intend to gain what I seen as well." He said, exiting the room.

Twilight smirked at Tavi's embarrassment. Before she could say anything else, a large armored man appeared in the hallway. "What's all the d@mn noise?" Slipknot said in annoyance. "Don't you have some dumb piece of wood to go make terrible music on?" He said cruelly to Tavi.

Kane awoke in Blade and Moonshield's slave home. "What happened?" He asked as he sat up and rubbed his head. Blade handed him water. "You're a great warrior, Hurricane Lightning. We've heard of your skill and power, but getting angry will get you killed here." Moonshield told Kane regarding the beating he took earlier.

Black smirked, "You can try." He said as Oak tool the last slave in a head lock, he glanced up at Black who nodded back, Oak grimmaced then snapped the slaves neck letting him drop like a sack of potatoes. Oak stood up straight taking no pride in his victory, it was an easy fight and was no way impressing to anyone. Doctore cracked his whip, "Back to the days training. Kaveck, train with Oak, catch him up." He ordered roughly, he then walked into Blade and Moons shack, "Have him battle ready then put him to work on the log carry, discipline will be his first lesson." He told them sternly before walking back out.

((Only the House Champions get a room on the other side of the training ground, under the balcony is a dining place then behind that is the Gladiator rooms which are basically cells in which they are locked in every night. All the newbies share until they earn the mark as a true gladiator. Right now I'm seeing Blade and Moon as Older Gladiators that just serve as cooks and medics for the Gladiators. Kaveck and Stryker are the reigning champions for now so they alot of seniority, even over Blade and Moon. Doctore has his own private quarters inside the actual House itself. Kane, Oak, and Soul will share a cell for next moon until they are branded with the mark of the Brotherhood, a. K.a. Blacks Gladiator mark.))

"Dont you have some cøçk to shove in your aśš? Or several?" Tavi retorted back with a scowl.

((Blade and Moon aren't that old, but they've definitely been around for a while. How do you decide champions within one house though? Will they all actually fight each other in the arena or do they fight other houses?))

Slipknot smirked and put a hand on Tavi's face. "Is it really wise to speak to me that way?" he asked slyly. Suddenly he grabbed Tavi's throat tightly strangling her. "Because I can cut your career short if you'd like." Twilight glared at him and approached him. "Put her down!" she yelled. Slipknot glared at her. "Why? She thinks she's tough, she can handle the retaliation." Twilight scowled at him. "I am a princess of Equestria. I will have you court marshalled for defying me, and hanged just because I feel like it! Put her down!" Slipknot growled and threw Tavi down before walking off. Twilight went to her side. "I'm so sorry, Tavi. Are you ok?" she asked in a concerned tone.

((Champions are decided on the crowd, winnings in the arena and tournaments. Kaveck and Stryker have made names for themselves amongst the people through their 'acts', they put on a big show basically.))

Tavi rubbed her throat and cursed Slipknot under her breath, "Im quite alright deary, his bark is worse than his bite. Besides, if he even attempts to take my life, he'll have fear itself breathing down his neck."

Kaveck obeyed the Doctores words and sparred witb Oak, at first glance he thought the boy to be untrained and all instinct, but upon his first strike there was force behind it. "You move well for one of your age, reminds me of the Doctore when I had first entered this Ludus." Kaveck said going through the motions with Oak. Oak bit back a question about the Doctore, "Before, you knealed at the very name of the Harvester, whats the reason?" He asked to spur conversation, Kaveck smirked, "Before I had become a Gladiator, He was the last and only to win his freedom from the House of Nergal. A free for all, over twenty Gladiators, all from the same house. The last standing would be granted his freedom. For the crowd it a spectacular event, but for the Gladiators, it was a nightmare. The bond that we share in this Ludus, it is something that binds us together for ever, thicker than any blood or family name. You will understand once you bare the mark." Kaveck explained before putting Oak on the ground, "The mark and winnings will earn my respect among the others as well, but his," he nodded over to Doctore watching the Gladiators train, "His trust is a different path all together." He said helping Oak to his feet.

((What I'm asking is do members of the same house fight against each other in the arena or do they fight other houses? And hypothetically if Soul were to become champion, would he have to beat Kaveck and Stryker in the arena or defeat more enemies than them? Also do you want to timeskip a few weeks to when they're doing the real nitty gritty training?))

((No, there are several other houses they'll fight against. On this next Match I'm actually going to switch up some things. Yeah and we'll do a two week time skip.))

Two weeks later.......

It was sometime after the middle of the night, Soul, Kane, and Oak were walking around in a circle with heavy wooden beams on the shoulders. Punishment because of Kanes out bursts. "All you had to do, was spar with him, you didnt have to like it." Oak groaned as he started to feel the weight of the wooden beam after the 6 hours they've been carrying it.

Soul didn't seem to bothered carrying the log. It was uncomfortable for sure but he had been here before and was used to it. "He's right Kane. It doesn't matter how many you killed on the outside. You need to adjust your mindset and control your emotions." Kane looked at him in annoyance. "What?" Soul asked raising an eyebrow. "Oh nothing, guess you just didn't feel like telling your apprentice he was once a legendary gladiator." He said rolling his eyes. Soul gave an aggrevated groan. "There's no time for you to be mad about that, Kane. It was a long story that I didn't feel necessary to tell you during training."

"Well we got a couple hours before the sun rises, part lips and talk story of the great Harvester of Sorrow." Oak groaned as he adjusted his wooden beam, "Or another time whenever your Apprentice decides to mouth off to the Doctore, again." He added giving Kane an annoyed look.

Kane shot Oak an angry scowl. Soul remained silent as he remembered the last time he was a gladiator, when he was given his title of "Harvester of Sorrow."

((Flashback))

The cheering of the crowd was deafening as the entire house of Nergal was sentenced to fight in the arena. It would be the last fight of the season, and Soul's ticket to his freedom. He heard the horn sound as he ran out the gate. The princesses had the stadium set up in the hardest and most rarely used environmental setting possible, the lava rivers. Because Soul was the champion of House Nergal, he wore the champions mask which appeared as a skull shaped helmet, giving Soul a terrifying visage. Nergal's other gladiators were scared and confused, for they had become brothers in arms from serving under Nergal, but now they had to kill each other for a chance to gain freedom. Soul glared at the first gladiator through his terrifying gaze as he walked through the ash covered landscape. "Wait! Soul, please! Don't kill us-AACK!" A gladiator begged before Soul impaled him with his blade. "I thought we were friends Soul! Brothers in arms!" another tried to plead, but was bashed by Soul's shield into the lava. Finally some of the more skilled gladiators realized Soul was unstoppable and began to fight back. They teamed up on Soul and slashed at him, but Soul simply tore through them, blocking every strike and ending them swiftly. The sounds of dying warriors and their cries of pain and despair sent a terrifying message throughout the arena. The bloodbath was finally coming to an end, and Soul saw the final Gladiator near the center of the arena. They charged at each other, but before their blades met, the victory horn sounded. The smoke cleared and the arena laborers began to drain the lava and return the arena to normal. Soul saw who the final man standing was. It was Slipknot, and the two of them were declared co-winners. "Behold, our two victors, Slipknot Hellfire and Soulscream, the Harvester of Sorrows!" The announcer said with a massive applause following. Slipknot looked to Soul. "I guess we're both going home." he said with a smirk. Soul looked at him coldly before dropping his sword and shield and removing his helmet and throwing it down before leaving the arena without a word.

((End Flashback))

Soul grit his teeth and gripped the log so tightly that he broke it in half, shocking the guards around them who were watching them. Soul breathed heavily before looking to Oak. "There is no story to tell. I was a Nightwatch and I was a gladiator. Nothing more." he said as he went to grab another log.

Archived