Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

((Lol breaking the log tht is supposed to have an 8 inch radius, I'll make sure to put tht in there next time.))

Oak sighed with annoyance then noticed the sun began to rise, he stumbled over to the other logs and dropped his with a heavy sigh of relief. As he started stretching, The Doctore came out rotating his shoulder, instantly the two met eyes with a sparking flare. Oak broke it off and looked down, "Dammît! Stupid Alpha status." He cursed under his breath. Tribal rituals place only the most spiritually, mentally, and physically capable men to be noted as Alphas among their tribe. Other tribesmen could tell when one has reached such status, and would often cower away, or show undoubted obedience to them. But in Oaks case, there was something else telling him to obey the Doctore, an instinct only family could feel. Kaveck and Stryker came out with the other Gladiators all stretching as they walked out to start the days training off with breakfast. Oak washed his face off and started towards the mess hall underneath the balcony. Black leaned on the railing atop the balcony, he held a cup of wine and sipped from it gracefully watching the morning sun. The Doctore passed by Soul, "Eat well, it will help with the lack of sleep." He mentioned monotonous. Oak frowned, "Oh so you'll talk to him but if I want to talk you bare teeth instead, Humph, mangy old wolf..." He mumbled with a low rumbling growl.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Sorry for not posting in a while, been busy))

Soul nodded respectfully to the Doctore as he and Kane sat down at one of the makeshift tables. Blade and Moonshield came to them carrying bowls of an oatmeal type substance and a couple of fruits. "Our shifts over, thought we'd bring you three this personally." Blade said. "We've been here for ages, we often help the new gladiators settle in. Let us know if you need anything from us." Soul nodded to them respectfully. "Thank you friends." The crystal gladiators left as Kane looked across the table at Soul. "I'm sorry for the way I've been acting, Master. I know I never control my emotions and it gets us into these messes." Soul smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "You are a great student and a greater friend. I wouldn't want to be is a mess with anybody else." Kane smiled as he took a bite of an apple.

((You good bro, i just hope Kill can get things sorted out.))

"Then behave for my sake then, the workouts alright, but I do appreciate my sleep as well." Oak said half annoyed and half friendly, he patted Kane on the back and sat down next to him. Before he could eat, Kaveck came over grabbing Oaks bowl, "I didnt know rewards were givin to the unworthy, perhaps I shall treat myself to a Deserved, meal." He said evily with a deep chuckle, Oak waved his hand telling Soul and Kane not to do anything. Oak just sat there straight faced, he kept silent. Kaveck half expected a surprise attack but none came, he huffed with a smirk, "Pups got control, maybe you'll last longer than others." He added dumping the bowls contents all over Oaks head and walked off to sit with Stryker and the other Senior Gladiators as they all laughed. Oak let out an agitated breath, "Bide my time, take the abuse, until I can show them what I'm truly capable of." He licked up some oatmeal from his cheek and smirked, "Oatmeal taste good thought." He said with a smile. Doctore watched the event through narrowed eyes, this boy was too familiar to him, reminding him of someone he held very close once long ago.... His eyes went wide in horror, "Ally?" His whisper was filled with hurt and sorrow.

Kane slid his bowl over to Oak, already having his fill and offering the rest to him. "I don't know how you can have restraint like that." He turned to look at Soul. "Especially since we have somebody here that could make them both beg for their lives." Soul rolled his eyes, tired of hearing the praise of his former gladiator days.

Oakly dipped his head to him, "Something my mother taught me when I was young, she said its what my father taught her. Besides, having someone else fight my battles is not who I am, I am no coward. I will seize my chance when the time comes." He told them before he started eating.

Soul finished eating and stood up stretching. "I guess we better not keep them waiting, huh?" He said as he looked up to where Black was, as somebody approaching him caught his attention.

A tall and slender man in a black robe approached where Black was sitting. "Word on the street is you got a new batch of slaves, Black." Nergal said as he came into view, his voice almost sounding like venom to the ears.

Black sipped from his cup and chuckled, "Speaking of the streets, you should try bleeding out in them." He joked but had a hint seriousness to it. "Yes, they've been quite the entertainment. Now enough with the useless pleasantries Nergal, I hate you, I'm assuming you're here about Havester?"

Doctore cracked his whip, signaling the beginning of the training day. Oakly paired with Kane, grabbing a sword and shield he faced Kane, "Think you can obey the rules for today, I'd really like to sleep tonight." He joked. Doctore pointed to Soul with his whip then pointed down to the ground in front of him.

Nergal smirked evilly as he looked to a nearby bulletin board with two old newspaper clippings on it. One talked about the House of Nergal and how they were undefeated in the arena, striking fear into all other gladiators. The other had a headline reading "Slave Revolt Thwarted" with the subhead reading "Gladiator House found guilty of treason, House Doctore found innocent." Nergal looked back to Black. "How long has it been now since the.....'incident?'" He asked with an evil smirk.

((Basically when Soul and Slipknof were Nergal's gladiators, Nergal staged a coup to overthrow the princesses using his house. Soul wanted to leave honorably and not through assassinating anybody so he met with Twilight in secret to her (among other things, but we'll get to that later). Nergal was able to clean his hands and get away with it, although the other domini know it was obvious. Slipknot flaked at the last second so that he could live. The rest of the house was sentenced to death in the most grueling match ever, knowing that Soul and Slipknot would easily destroy them. They were then released to go home.))

Kane scowled at Oak as he got into position. Soul approached Docotre and stood before him.

((Alrighty))

"Long enough for me not to care. Speak desired words Nergal or I'll have you thrown out." Black said coldly.

Oak grinned and started going through the motions with Kane, swinging and slashing at him.

Doctore turned and went over to Kaveck, "Kaveck. Stryker, the post." He commanded, "Yes Doctore." Stryker said obediently. Kaveck faced Soul, "The Dominus fears you're not at full capacity yet, Kaveck is our most skilled here. Spar with him for now." Doctore told Soul before stepping off to watch the others. Kaveck took a stance, "Lets see what you Remember, Harvester." His tone held no insult or taunt, only respected seriousness.

"You better begin to care soon." Nergal said, bending down to Black's eye level and looking out towards the gladiators. "He will turn against you....when you need him most, in your darkest hour, he will become your greatest enemy. He will turn on you....just as he turned on me. You think I lost it all because of his honor, but the reality is that he is just as much of a snake as I am." He said, the venomous sound of his voice ringing through Black's ears. "And when that happens...I'll be back at my rightful place as the best house...and I will crush you." He said before turning and leaving, and evil smirk on his face as he was suddenly gone.

Soul looked hard at Kaveck without saying a word. He gripped the wooden sword tightly and held the shield up in front of him with the sword above his head. He stared blankly at Kaveck, still remaining silent. His stance seemed to be an invitation for Kaveck to make his first move. A few spectators began to whisper to themselves, they had heard the rumors surrounding the Harvester of Sorrow and the eerie silence before his fights.

Black looked down at his glass then looked over at Soul, his eyes narrowed as he thought, "I will not make the same mistake as you have."

Kaveck narrowed his eyes and struck forward slashing across Souls shield then pivoted around quickly bashing with his shield. Doctore glanced over, Kaveck was a skilled Gladiator, as skilled as he is, Kaveck is still a worthy opponent for any.

Soul quickly raised his shield to block the bash from Kaveck's shield before quickly unleashing a storm of slashes at him. He spartan kicked him in the chest knocking him to the ground. He raised his shield again and took the same stance as before, awaiting him to attack again.

Soul stayed on his feet as he did his best to defend against the attack. He grit his teeth as he bashed his shield into Kaveck's face before kicking him back away from him. He threw his shield into Kaveck knocking him to the ground again. Soul glared at him with determination, not affected by the fact that he just threw away his defense. He held his sword up to prepare for another attack.

Kaveck recovered quickly, "Throwing away your shield, thats a rookie mistake Harvester." He said as he rushed Soul swinging low and parried with his sword, but Kavecks footing was spot on as he pivoted around and swept Soul off his feet, Kaveck swung back around instantly bringing shield down Souls chest slamming him hard against the earth. Doctore cracked his whip and Kaveck backed off, "Harvester, what in Jupiters cœck was that?" He damanded.

((I can keep it going of course, remember it is sparring practice.))

"Its alright Doctore, this is the Harvester we're talking about here. I'd be discouraged if he couldn't defeat me without a shield, let him continue." Kaveck said defending Soul, Doctore thought for a moment then nodded for them to continue, "Then show them Harvester."

Soul got back to his feet and he wiped some blood from his mouth. He began to realize that the Doctore didn't truly know who he was or what he could do. It was time for him to show them what he was really capable of. Kane paused his sparring match with Oak to look towards Soul and into his eyes, noticing a certain look that Kane knew not to try and challenge. "He's going to do it.....I've never seen it, but he's going to do it." he said somewhat stunned. Soul lifted his sword, inviting Kaveck to strike out at him.

Soul sprinted towards Kaveck with full force and nothing but the wooden sword in his hands. Just before he reached Kaveck, Soul threw the sword up in the air. Kane had only heard of Soul's signature move, but never seen it before in his life. "The Mourning Star...." he said to himself. As the sword went up in the air, Soul leaped above Kaveck, causing the glaring sun to blind him. Soul came down and roundhouse kicked Kaveck in the jaw before uppercutting him with his left hand and delivering a hard punch with his right. He locked his legs around Kaveck's neck and did a handstand to bring Kaveck over his body and throw him hard to the ground. Soul caught the sword just before it fell and pointed it at Kaveck's throat.

The gladiators all paused in shock, Doctore smirked slightly so only Soul and Oak could see it, Kaveck panted and smiled, "If I was to die, I would like nothing better than it to be at your hands, Harvester." At this Gladiators all clapped and hollered, chanting Souls name. Black smiked with an evil twist as he watched, "The opening games are mine."

Oak nodded in approval, "Dang, he's even got the big bad wolf impressed, thats some Father you got there man."

Soul helped Kaveck back to his feet and put a hand on his shoulder. "Your father was a good man, Kaveck. Don't think that being a gladiator would make him any less proud." He said before turning and walking off. Kane looked to Oak with a small smile, but was also looked slightly dismayed. "I wish he was my father. Mine wouldn't care for me the way he did."

Kaveck nodded to him gratefully. Doctore began parring the Gladiators up again telling Kaveck to keep with Soul for the time being. Oak sighed and hit Kanes shoulder, at least you knew who you're father was, Mine was taken before I could remember, mother said he died. Now come, we got work to do, the ceremony will be upon us soon."

Archived