Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Autumn looked at the match and began to watch it intently. "It's too bad we have to watch this. It's exciting, sure, but those poor people probably did nothing to deserve this." She said sadly. Twilight patted her on the back. "Don't worry, dear. Some of them will go home. Just be glad it isn't worse than what it is."

A gladiator ran towards Kane, but Kane ducked down and flipped the attacking gladiator over him before stabbing him on the ground. Another gladiator swung his shield at Kane, knocking his helmet off and to the side. 

Autumn's eyes caught Kane's as he recovered from the blow. She covered her mouth with her hand and blushed slightly. "Oh....my" she said quietly. 

Kane was stuck looking at Autumn for a second before he snapped out of it and killed the attacking gladiator. "You good, Oak?" he called.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oak looked at Kane with an annoyed look as he held one gladiator in a head lock while his sword speared through anothers chest, "Look away from the battlefield again and I'll personally knock you out." He said grumpily before withdrawing his sword from the mans chest and then breaking the others neck with a simple twist. Oak saw a man running for Kane from behind, "Duck!" He yelled as he launched his sword in a path heading for Kanes head. Before Oak could react, another gladiator came from behind with a spear, Oaks instinct barely saved him as he moved so the spear grazed his shoulder. Oak grabbed spear and disarmed it from the man, after a few twirls he grinned evily, "Now this is more like it!" Oak charged the man with a furry of slashing twirls, each one putting sizable gashes on its victim before Oak spun around his neck then paused in a defensive stance, the Gladiators neck split open spraying blood over the sands. "Finally a weapon I'm used to."

Kane threw his shield as hard as he could into two other gladiators before taking one of their swords and cutting through them in a storm of slashes. The number of enemies had dwindled greatly, with not many enemy gladiators left standing. "Careful, Oak. Looks like these guys are the top of the pack." He said, taking a defensive stance with the two swords. 

One large man took two axes and sent them flying across the arena taking out two more gladiators, the number now down to four including Oak and Kane. "No kidding, take your pick of the lot and make it quick." He said kicking up a shield then throwing it like a disc into another pair of Gladiators, they growled as Oak charged them head.

Kane ran towards one of the gladiators and rained down several quick strikes with both blades before kicked him in the chest and pushing off to create distance. 

Soul watched them diligently with the others. "Stay focused, boys. Be smart." 

Autumn somehow found herself very invested in the fight, a part of her hoping they came out alright. 

Oak deflected several slashes with his spear then drove it through ones chest, he pulled it out hitting the other gladiator in the face with the backend, Oak then spun around slashing open the second gladiators face. Oak finished him with a quick spear to the head, he was barely able to stepp aside as the large man came down with his axe, "Little man fast, I chop him in half to win match, stay still." Oak bent backwards dodging under his swing, Oak jumped backwards dodging a followed up kick. "Your mentally challenged yet surprisingly skilled," Oak twirled around his spear, "An odd trade off but nothing for me."

Kane prepare to strike his wounded opponent when he suddenly had to duck from a massive flail flying over his head. The large warrior lifted the flail and swung at him again. Kane quickly took his two swords and slashed the chain holding the mace of the flail, sending it flying into the other gladiator he was fighting, killing him. The crowd found this entertaining and cheered for him. The gladiator dropped the handle of the flail and drew a large warhammer. "Heavy hitter, huh?" Kane said as he dodged a powerful strike.

Oak bent backwards into a backflip dodging a heavy swing from the dumb large man, Oak got into a stance twirling around his spear then lunged forward spearing into the mans side, but before Oak could retreat the man grabbed the spear. Oak flew across the arena from a heavy punch, he slid to a halt getting up and dusting himself off, "Ow, thats gonna leave a mark." He retorted wiping blood from his lip. The Dumb man took out the spear from his side< :"Pain does not come to me, I do not feel... anything." He said monotonous. Oak grimmaced then ran straight at him, The Dumb man threw the spear point blank but oak sidestepped at last minute letting the spear graze his cheek, Oak jumped up punching the man in the face then bring both fists balled together onto the mans forehead knocking him back. Oak landed on his chest then drew his right fist back, "Feelings are what make us human, as far I'm concerned, you dont need to live." Oak said coldly before landing a hard hit on the mans head spilting his skull from the inside. Oak stood up letting the man die slowly from internal bleeding, "You claim not to be human, so I will not give you such luxarys a true warrior deserves."

The large gladiator swung the massive warhammer at Kane, who just barely got out of the way. He tried to slash at him with his two swords, but the gladiator backhanded him sending him flying across the arena with much force. He got back to his feet and wiped the blood away. "Alright, time to end this." He said to himself as he quickly threw one of the swords at the gladiator. It traveled at lightning fast speed before impaling the gladiator through the stomach. He grit his teeth in pain but slowly pulled it out with ease. Suddenly Kane was right in front of him as he jumped over his head and stabbed the gladiator through the throat with his other sword. The gladiator fell over dead as Kane came to a stop behind him as the crowd cheered for his victory. 

Black smirked evily looking at the last two Gladiators bareing his mark. The Announcer stood up waving his hands in a downward motion for silence, "The Winner! House of Stars!" The crowed erupted with applause.

Doctore had made his way to the gate as Oakly and Kane came in, "Excellent fight you two, Dominus is sure to reward you both." He told them, Oak looked at his eyes seeing actual meaning to his words, but also something he wasnt telling them. Doctore closed the gate behind them and stood close to them, waiting.

"This concludes the Games, thank you for coming and Thank you to all the Houses for submitting their Gladiators. Ut pace dimisimus auctum." The Announcer said dismissing everyone. Tavi glanced over at the gate then at the prisoners gate, she sighed annoyingly, "You so owe me for this.... Oh the heat!" She said out loud as she 'fainted' and fell from the balcony. At the same time, the prisoners gate burst open, several meanlooking prisoners came out armed with swords, Celestia and Luna stood up instantly shouting for the guards to save Tavi.

Meanwhile in the halls, all the guards were knocked out cold with Kaveck walking over them, "Sleep well ya equestrian dogs. The rest is up to you, Trax."

Suddenly the crowd went quiet, the Prisoners halted in confusion, Tavi looked up seeing her Savior with sparkling eyes of admiration. Oak pressed his face between the bars of the now locked gate, "No way...." Another Gladiator began from behind, "I've heard stories about the Doctore but, I never imagined he'd be the Him. Nameless Trax, The Blue Eyed Reaper." Oaks eyes went wide, 'those blue eyes, the matching tribal tattoo, ... Last name is... Trax'... "Father?" He whispered under his breath.

Trax walked out over the sands, his thick black hunter cloak flailing in the wind as the hood cover his head. He walked out and stopped between Tavi and the Prisoners, "Im going to have to ask you to drop your weapons and turn back." He said coldly pushing back his hood. The crowed recognized him as The Doctore of the Hous of Stars, Celestia and Luna held their tongues. Black narrowed his eyes. The prisoners chuckled, "Why? Theres seven of us, and one of you. Plus, you dont have a weapon." One said pointing his sword at Trax. Trax smirked and slid his right foot back bending slightly at the knees and holding his right hand, palm open at his waist, then extending out an open palm at the Prisoners. "Then I shall take yours, once you are done with them." He taunted slyly. The prisoner who spoke first grit his teeth and charged alone. Once within striking distance, the move happened in a flash, so fluid and smooth. Trax swiftly disarmed the man, impaled him through the heart, then left him to keep charging past him. The Prisoner stumbled towards Tavi then fell to the side dead. Trax stood straight up holding the bloody sword, he held it backwards and took a similar stance jesting for the other Prisoners to try him. They all yelled and charged him clashing with Trax in a flurry of steel.

Twilight bit her nails nervously as she watched Trax fight off the prisoners, hoping he could successfully save her. Autumn stayed close to her, trying to keep her from freaking out. "She'll be ok princess." She said to her, although not sure if she believed it herself.

Kane thought he heard Oakly called him "father," but was too focused on the fight at hand. He had never known that their doctore would be this powerful. Soul kept his gaze on Trax. "So this is what you've been up to, old friend?" He said to himself. "Shame I didn't recognize you sooner."

Tavi stood up still shaking from the fall, she knew Trax could take them on easily but she still feared for him. Trax continued to toy with the prisoners before knowing he'd wasted enough time. Quickly and fluidly, Trax slit the throat of one taking his sword stabbing it through anothers temples, then swirling around swiftly slashing around him. Trax paused as all the prisoners around fell over bleeding out fast from large open neck wounds. The crowd remained silent, suddenly the silence was broken as Celestia and Luna began clapping, soon the entire arena lit up with applause. Tavi smiled as she was taken by two medics, Trax dropped the swords and started back for the gate. Luna turned to a guard, "Bring Black Star back to the castle, we shall have meeting."

As Trax walked back inside the gates, Oak starred at him in wonder, "Trax?" He whispered. "Hello Son." Trax said to him as he walked past, he'd figured it out after seeing Oaks fighting style match his former wife, Ally Valentine Trax. Trax stopped in front of Soul, "A pleasure to see you again old friend." He said simply before carrying on down the hall.

Twilight and Autumn both sighed in relief when they saw Tavi was safe. Twilight heard Luna's order and looked to Autumn. "We'll talk later, dear. I have some business to attend to." She said quietly. Autumn nodded and left as Twilight joined the other princesses.

Kane was shocked to hear that their own Doctore was Oak's father. Soul watched him leave and nodded. "We shall fight alongside each other again before this is all over." He said to himself.

Later that day...

Trax waited at the gates of the training yard, Black had been summoned to the castle shortly following the Games, the guards had taken the Gladiators back to the House of Stars. Oak put his head against the wall of their cellroom, "I cant believe it, I was told he'd been killed in battle. Never knew that he'd survived and been a Gladiator for all this time. I wish my Mom and Brother could have lived to see him again."

Kane leaned against the other wall. "What are the odds you both end up back here, and like this?" He asked. "Why would he hide his identity from you?" Soul ignored them and leaned against the cell door looking at Trax. "If I know you, Trax, you guys have something in the works...I know it." He said to himself.

Twilight sat in the room with the princesses, awaiting their meeting with Black, wondering what they would want with him.

Black walked in graciously bowing as he walked towards them, "My Queens of Equestria, how generous it is to-"

"Stow it you snake, the meaning of this meeting has little to do with you." Luna cut him off holding up her hand, "This is about your Doctore, the one they call The Blue Eyed Reaper. His actions today saved the life of a very dear friend, and he showed great skill when doing so." Celestia eyed down on Black, "Because of this, My Sister and I have decided to purchase him." Her tone was dead serious. Tavi, sitting nearby, nearly choked on her wine. Quickly she summoned a young slave girl to her, Tavi whispered into her ear then sent her off in a hurry. Black was wide eyed in surprise, "I uh... Um..."

"I'm afraid this is important to us." Celestia said. "Meaning chose your answer wisely or find yourself stricken with bad-luck." Luna added.

Black gulped and dipped his head, "As you wish My Ladies, but because of his stature and legend, His price is very-" Again Luna cut him off, "Consider your percentage gained from the Fights doubled." This made Black nod quickly, "Yes my Queen, he shall be back here before sundown."

Trax hear whispers behind him and looked to see a young slave girl bearing a familiar mark walk past the guards, "Viola? What news do you bring?" Trax asked curiously. "Trax, its about you, the Queens have decided to purchase you from Black." This set Trax stepping back in shock, "No, this isn't according to plan.... " He cleared his throat, "Thank you child, run back to Tavi, tell her we'll meet soon." He said sending her off again. Trax glanced around not sure what to think, his 2 year plan was falling apart.

"I think he figured it out shortly before the Fights, but honestly I barely knew him anyways, I was only 1 when he supposedly died. Alot can happen in 24 years, and alot surely has considering he's a big legend of the Sands like Soul." Oak said pondering how he should go about with this news.

Twilight sat silently, surprised by Celestia and Luna wanting to buy a house doctore. "Princesses, if you don't mind me asking, for what reason do you want to buy this gladiator?" She said to the sisters.

Slipknot walked through the streets alone, giving cold glares at anybody who looked at him. Finally he inconspicuously entered an alleyway. There another figure stood waiting for him. "You seem troubled, General." Nergal said coming out of the shadows. "Shut up, Nergal. I have better things to do than meet a worm like you in a place like this." Nergal smirked evilly. "I'd watch what you say, you owe me a lot for the position you're in now. What information do you have for me?" Slipknot rolled eyes before answering. "Black's doctore saved Octavia Melody when she fell into the arena, and now the princesses want to buy him." Nergal raised an eyebrow. "That's extremely odd, but fortunate nonetheless. I know Black's gladiators have been planning a breakout for some time now, and without him their plans are in jeopardy." Slipknot looked towards the castle. "Then we must proceed with our own plan." Nergal shook his head. "No, not yet. We still need time, and soon enough Black will lose another of his best, this time to me." Slipknot smirked evilly. "I look forward to the day you have the Harvester of Sorrows on your leash." He said before turning to leave. When he was gone Nergal smirked as he put his hood back on. "Not quite, Slipknot. Not quite."

"Master, did you say you knew Trax? And that you fought together." Kane asked. Soul kept looking out the cell door. "Aye. Trax and Oakly's people were being attack by a large band of mercenaries from the east. They called on the Republic for aid, and we answered." He said as he turned back to them. "They still talk about it, they say you and Trax killed hundreds in mere minutes." Kane said enthusiastically. Soul gave a small smile. "They'll call anything a legend won't they? Maybe we did, I don't remember much. It was long ago."

"With the Neighboring countries getting more and more restless, our safety is becoming more and more unsafe. This particular slave, rather Gladiator, has showed capable skill of facing mulitpe oponents while protecting another. We want him as our Security Captain." Luna told her. Celestia dipped her head to Black dimissing him, "What do you think Miss Melody? Having your savior protect the Palace you call Home?" Tavi looked up with an obvious shocked face, she shook her head quickly, "Yes yes, absolutly my Queen, I cant imagine a better canidate." she said nervously.

Oak looked at Soul then to the ground, "I was told stories about him as a child... " He chuckled as if to laugh at himself, "I killed several Captains and over 3 dozen foot soldiers... and my father, he practically took on a small legion with one other man... its no wonder he was called the Alpha of Alphas. After seeing him kill those prisoners like it was childs play, and seeing Soul take on two giants, I can actually believe such a Legend."

Twilight shook our head. "Princesses, with all due respect, one of the reasons other nations are getting angry with us is because we're making their people fight and die for entertainment. Maybe the answer isn't turning a gladiator into a defense, maybe this thing has gone on too long." Twilight tried to explain without offending the princesses too much.

Soul smiled at Oak's knowledge of the legends, but sighed and looked away again. "Legends or not, it's the past, and in time legends become myths. We won't be remembered within these walls."

Celestia and Luna ignored Twilights distain, "We are a growing country, and as such we need more land, more supplies, food, other resources required to sustain our growing economy. The Gladiatorial games provide the People with entertainment, and because of it we've dropped taxes twice in the last two years, our economy has never seen such profitable days. Please Twilight, we've already lost dear Cadence to such talk, let us shy away from such words. The deal has been struck, this castle will be safer than ever with The Blue Eyes Reaper keeping watch." Celestia said pretending to hug herself. Luna blushed, "You think he is as goof with other physical activities?" She said biting her lip. Celestia smiled and gigled, "We'll just have to see then wont we?" Tavi frowned, Trax would have no choice if commanded by them, she wasnt liking this one bit even if Trax was closer to her.

Oak noticed Trax walking out of his personal room with a sack, "Hey, whats my father- Doctore doing?" Oak asked as a Royal Guard nodded to Trax and started walking away as Trax followed him.

Twilight rolled her eyes and groaned, leaving the room without saying another word. She couldn't believe the two people she once revered over anybody else were now content with sacrificing lives for profit and lusting over a gladiator.

Soul got up and looked out the cell door at Trax walking somewhere with the guard. "I don't know, but it can't be good." He turned to look back at Oak and Kane. "Next time they let us out, I'll find out. I have ways of acquiring information."

The next day.... Soul was summoned to Blacks office chambers.

Kaveck lead the other Gladiators in their normal training routines. Oak thought to ask about his fathers whereabouts but kept his mouth shut as he sparred with Kane, only this time he had adopted the spear and buckler as he weapon of choice, Kaveck noticed his skill with it in te arena and decided it'd be best for him.

Soul entered Black's chambers after hearing he was summoned. "You wanted to see me, Dominus?" Soul asked calmly.

Kane leaned back to avoid a strike from Oak's spear. "You're pretty good with that thing." Kane commented as he took a defensive stance, this time duel wielding a sword and an axe. It was what Soul fought with in his youth and luckily Kaveck thought it suited Kane well.

Black looked up from his papers, "Ah, Harvester, its high time you were given a position of worth. I'd like you to be my next Doctore, a trainer of Gladiators."

Trax walked through the halls of the Canterlot Castle, he wore leather padded pants and a black spartan cloak with the Equestrian symbol on the back. He pasued at the door of Twilights chambers, the two guards at the front grimmaced at him, he knocked on the door.

Soul raised an eyebrow looked at Black with confusion. "Doctore? What happened to Trax?"

Twilight soon opened the door and leaned on the side of the door frame. "I trust you are happy with your new position, Trax?" She said, still annoyed with the princesses.

Archived