Gladiators: Forged of Steel and Blood

NamelessTrax

Soul raised an eyebrow at Kaveck. "I understand the plan so far, but it sounds like you're putting it in my hands now that Trax is gone. Is this what Trax intended?"

Twilight sighed as she hugged them. She wished she could be honest with them, she wished she could love them like she used to, but it would be a lie. She wished for them to be the noble, wise and caring leaders they once were. "Excuse me, but I'm very tired. I'll retire to my room now." She said, turning to leave.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes," The feminine voice came from behind them as a little girl no older than 17 stood in the doorway, her dazzling violet eyes glimmered like gems, her silver hair glistening in the moonlight. Kaveck smiled, "Hello Violet." Oakly starred at her with surprise, Vi glanced at him and smirked before looking at Soul, "Trax picked you because you've lead people before, my Father always has a reason for everything he does." She explained walking in almost like a ghost. Kaveck sat on his bed and leaned back, "She's been trained by Trax in the art of stealth and small weapons, shes even got by Trax a few times, so I've heard."

Soul was taken aback by Trax having a second child, as well as being put in charge of the escape. "I'm honored that you want be to lead you. I will need time to go over the old plan and figure out what to do now, so be patient with me. The fact that we have another fight soon doesn't help much either."

Soul paused for a moment and looked away, trying to hide the fact that he of all people was blushing. "I...I would need to talk to her privately. It's been quite a while since I've done so." He cleared his throat and returned to normal. "I'm sure she will help us. She understands our plight."

"Mama can help with that, with her influence and stature she can arrange such a meet." Violet suggested, Oak raised an eye brow wondering who his Father caught the attention of that has so much pull in the Kingdom.

Soul nodded. "Yes, please tell her to arrange that. I would be most grateful." He said, something in his voice sounding off now that they were talking about Twilight. "Master, are you alright?" Kane asked. Soul nodded. "I'm fine. We should all get some rest. We have to fight again soon, and after that we work on the escape."

Violet nodded and bowed slightly, she exchanged an awkward glance with Oak before slipping out through the door. Oak thought of a question to ask her but when he walked out, she was gone, "Huh, she really is good."

The crowd cheered loudly as the servants dragged away another flock of dead gladiators. Twilight was still unnerved by the violence, but was becoming more and more used to it. She sat with Tavi and the Princesses in the balcony, being served wine by other slaves. This time her young student Autumn had decided to join them. "How is this enjoyable?" Autumn asked, showing the same concern as Twilight. "Even with all the bloodshed, you find one glimmer of hope that gives you butterflies." Twilight responded, thinking of Soul. Autumn looked away and blushed, having saw one gladiator in the previous fight that she found attractive but never got to meet. 

Soul shook his head as he watched inexperienced gladiators being slain. He turned to his own men. "Kaveck, Kane, Oak, this round is 3v3, with the added bonus of magical environmental elements. Expect some wind, flooding and god knows what else. Remember, focus on the target. No matter how mighty the storm, you must ignore it."

"Yes Doctore." Kaveck said with a nod, Oak cracked his neck side to side before letting out a calming breath.

Tavi took a glass of wine from Violets hands, "Thank you deary." She thanked before taking a sip, she started to blush a little as she could feel a certain someones stare. Trax stood tall with dignity behind the Princesses chairs, his dark blue eyes visible as day through the shadowed potion of the tent he stood in.

Black watched from his usual spot, just as last match, his Gladiators were winning the Tourney as expected. "If this continues, I might as well start thinking of an early retirement." he joked aloud, all the other Lanistas around him grumbled angrily.  

Kane gave his sword and axe a few swings to keep warmed up. "Rarely ever fought in bad weather. Skies were usually clear in our part of the world." He said nonchalantly.

Twilight smirked at Tavi trying to ignore Trax. "Problem, Tavi?" She teased as she took a sip of wine. Autumn smiled at Tavi as well, noticing how flustered she looked.

"I wouldn't do that yet if I were you." A voice came from behind as another Dominus walked in and sat next to Black. Mephisto was a revered Dominus with one of the best records in the arena and a deadly group of gladiators. "I'm afraid your men are getting torn apart today." He said confidently, leaning back in the seat as a slave brought him wine.

Oakly chuckled, "I've fought in blizzards where you can only see maybe a few feet in front of you, temperatures lower than you can imagine."

"I havent the slightest idea, sometimes its cute and others.... well lets just say its spring down south and the waters are running." Tavi said with a devious wink, Violet had a confused face trying to figure out what her mom meant by that.

"I hope your not talking about the next match, My Champion and two Up-coming New-Bloods, I hope your men dont mind sleeping with the worms tonight." Black said back to him coldly.

"I don't envy you." Kane said. Suddenly the front gates opened and the three gladiators were immediately hit with a massive gust of wind and rain. Kane stumbled back from the impact but found his footing and entered the arena. 

"A liiiitle too much there, Tav." Twilight said with a smirk as Autumn giggled. An invisible barrier kept the weather conditions inside the arena from escaping into the crowd. Autumn saw the young gladiator and immediately blushed. "It's him....who is ?" she asked, keeping her gaze on Kane. "That's Soul's apprentice, I believe he goes by Kane." Autumn kept staring at him. "Kane...." she whispered. 

Mephisto laughed at Black tauntingly. "New bloods? My, how your standards have lowered, Black. Sending new bloods against me? I thought I taught you that lesson long ago."

As they approached the center of the arena, they suddenly saw through the storm three massive figures walking towards them. One of them growled loudly, as if they weren't human. Kane kept his gaze on them, waiting for the match to start. 

Kaveck and Oak braced against the wind and rain stepping out onto the wet sands once more. Oak raised his eyebrow, "Monsters eh? Good, I fought their kind before, bring it." He challenged confidently.

Tavi giggled, "I guess we all share feelings on that subject."

Black snorted, "I fear you will regret those words Mephisto."

((So is Mephisto a good or bad here?))

Kane grit his teeth, fighting through the weather as he glared a this opponents. The three giants came into view, wielding giant weapons and towering over the gladiators. The horn suddenly blew for the match to start, and the crowd cheered as the three giants attacked. Kane grit his teeth and raised his weapons. "Get ready, take one each and attack. They're big but their still killable."

Mephisto chuckled. "We'll see about that."

((He's just another Dominus the arena. More competition for Black basically.))

Oak and Kaveck scattered just as one attempted to smash them, Kaveck swerved around and with a big leap swung his sword putting a slash in ones shoulder. Oak lead one away towards the wall, he ran up the side and jumped off dodging the giants axe, Oak landed behind it swing around his spear and slashing its legs then scoring a long gash on the giants back before diving away and dodging another swing from the giants axe.

Kane slid beneath one of the giants legs and slashes them with his blade and axe. The giant turned back to him and smashed the ground with a large warhammer as Kane dodged his strikes. Kane leaped onto the hammer as it came down again and ran up the hilt, kicking the giant in the face before attempted to strike him as the giant attempted to throw him off.

((You can control the other giants yourself if you want.))

Oak bent backwards watching the Giants axe swish over him, he straightened back up only to see a fist slam into him sending him flying across the arena. Kaveck glanced at Oak then back to his opponent, He dodged left then right, and with one strike opened a large gash in the Giants side. Suddenly the giants dropped his sword and grabbed Kavecks by the blade, the giant kicked Kaveck in the stomach sending him skidding over the sand. Kaveck stood up spitting out blood, "Alright big guy, you wanna dance, lets dance!." 

Kane was finally thrown from the giant as he scrambled to his feet again. Just before the giant struck him, a powerful gust of wind blew threw the arena, and a large tree came flying towards them. Kane ducked just before it hit him, but when it hit the giant it simply just shattered into millions of splinters. The wind grew stronger as Kane tried to hold on, but he was eventually swept up and sent flying into Oakly, knocking them both down. "Dammit, we don't need this." He said under his breath as he tried to stand before the giants attacked them again.

Oak stood up bracing the wind, "Do not hate it Kane, use it." Oak took off with the wind using it to boost his speed greatly, even to the point where he was running on the side of the wall. With a big leap he zoomed straight into one of the giants spearing through with his spear, the Giant bellowed in pain stumbling back. Kaveck was in a straight up fist fight with his giant, his skill in hand to hand matching his enemies size. "Use their size against them." He yelled out before tripping his Giant and getting on its back holding it in a choke hold. Oak kicked off from his Giant pushing it to the ground, Oak jumped back on kicking its head then retrieving his spear from the giants chest, twirling it around before bringing it down towards the giants heart but was swatted away.

The giant began to charge Kane again when he heard cracking sounds. Another tree was flying towards him. In a flash he jumped onto the tree as it flew through the wind and quickly began to hack limbs off of the top and made the top of the tree into a crude point. He then jumped off as the wind carried the tree into the giant, piercing his chest. The giant growled in agony but slowly removed it from his chest, leaving a gaping hole in his body. He staggered forward but was very much still fighting. Kane then darted towards the giant and began to unleash slashes on him.

Archived