Assassins Creed RP

As promised, Al sat still like a good patient only the occasional 'ow' or 'ouch' coming from him. Well...mosty still....

Upon hearing Star's question on his well being, the older assassin looked down to Lavender's finished work. "Aye, that be a fine job, Lav!" He laughed and lovingly ruffled her short hair with his hand. "I knew I kept ye around fer' a reason." He teased with a grin. He truly was lucky to have an apprentice as great as her. The bindings were a little restricting but, it was nothing he couldn't get used to. Besides if he dared to try and take them off he would probably receive an earful from the little lady. A scolding Lav was a scary Lav.

"Oh, I'll be fine, Lad." He replied turning back to Star. Looks like someone is more comfortable. He noticed looking at the more calm features of Star. " Nothing but a little scratch is all. I'm just happy it wasn't a musket wound this time. Those be the worst!" The red head exclaimed tapping on a rather nasty looking on the right side of his chest. " An' ta' answer yer' question. We be headin' home." He replied standing from his spot and going to get dressed again. "Me and Lav have ta' report what happened here." He explained pulling his long sleeved shirt back over his head and shoulders. "Wanna come?" A sly smile splayed on his face as he looked over his shoulder.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lavender had given a smile and a thumbs up to her master before standing and walking off to wash her hands of his blood. She began scrubbing her hands in a bucket of water. Listening to Allister tell him that they were going home.

She simply hummed gently as she finnished up and walked back over with her arms crossed. She was just gonna let him talk. She knew her place.

Where was home? He didn't know, but he knew better then to ask.... though he did want to. He couldn't explain it, but it felt like these two were more then they seamed. He smiled as he said he would be fine.

"Never been shot myself... or cut by a blade... except once, but it didn't scar, thankfully" He replies, smiling at the two. Then, he heard the offer to go with them. He didn't really have anywhere he could go.

"Can i? I mean, if its a buisness trip wouldn't i be a neusince?" He asks, then realizes he doesn't even know if these guys are merchants.... he didn't know what they were.

The taller man turned his bck as he listened to Star, busying himself with putting back on his vest and tucking away the different weapons it concealed. He slung his cloak back on and finished off his attire by tying the beloved dark blue sash snug around his waist. "I don' to see why not." He chuckled turning back to face them his arms crossed accross his chest. " An' if ya plan ta' be a nuisance..." A wolfish grin directed at the boy. "then we'll just toss ya overboard now." He stated in a matter-o-fact tone as if that was the only other option.

A sudden guffaw of laughter erupting from him gave away his joke as he walked over to Star and clapped a heavy but well meaning hand on his shoulder. "Ahaha! I'm jus' teasin', Lad." He said as his laughter died down to chuckles. "What do you think, Lass?" He is attention switching to his apprentice. "Do ye think he should come? Ye were the one that found him."  He wanted to test her. As an assassin she would have to make choices and deal with whatever consequences that followed.

Lavender had sort have zoned out while they spoke to each other. She felt her stomach rumble and it even sounded out throughout the room. She hadn't eaten anything for a few days. She was being to busy with work.

"Gosh I'm starving." She thought for a bit just before she caught the last of the conversation. Star wanted to come along! Her eyes widened and she snapped out of it once the attention landed on her.

"You're..... You're asking me master?" She squeaked.

Star looked towards Lavender, it seemed that Al was putting his fate.... in her hands. He gulped silently, his face still as straight as it was before. He didn't know this... relationship they had much, but it seemed that he was in charge, and something like this, must have a lot of pressure on its weight. He stopped staring, not knowing if he was making it easier, or worse. 

A nod in  of his head his eyes locked with her's. "Aye." His tone was calm and void of any of it's playfulness from before. There wasn't a smile, a grin, any hint of kindness only seriousness. It was as if he was a totally different person. "Ye were the one that found him." He repeated and walked away from Star and to her his boots making a echoing click accorss the floor. "Ye also said that he had somethin' special." The clicking stopped as he stood infront of her, arms folded. "Now, I didn't see that so I can't really vouch for ya there." He let his words sink in. "Just judging on his looks, I find that hard to believe."  He knew he was being hard. However, he wanted to place pressure on her. Al didn't like it but, it was good for her. Assassins had to cope with pressure. Besides this was a heavy decision and he wanted her to know how heavy it was. This could mean life or death for Star.

"Then again I could be wrong. However, I be not the one that needs convincin'" It was the head of their group. The boss if you will. The man was could be intimidating at times especially with matters such as this. "Ye know who will probably question' ya about him." He looked at her a moment more before moving past her and standing off to the side as if to eject himself from the matter. "It's your call, Lav...What will it be?"

Lav watched Allister as he put on his serious look. She knew it all to well when he was being dead serious and not one Bit of funniness was in his serious look. She bit her lip a bit and looked at star as Her master spoke to her.

What she saw back there with what star did to the attacker was something astounding that she couldn't really place. Now the question was though if it was just adrenaline that allowed that or some sort of hidden skill he had.

She let him finnish and stopped biting her lip. She narrowed her eyes and looked at Star. He wasn't the most athletic of males no but he did have something. Possabliities were running through her mind. He was a blank canvas that could turn out to be something great.

This pressure coupled with her empty stomach made it rough on the girl. She sighed gently and moved forward to stand before Star. Her purple eyes looking into his eyes. She watched and for a bit she saw something. A bit of herself.

She was the same way as him. She lacked skill or dicipline back when she was younger. Heck she was still learning. However she had to start someplace and Allister allowed her to start to bloom. Star could be the same way!

"Star I have one question for you." She said before leaning in. "Are you a quitter?" She asked.

When he heard the question, he stared at Lavender. He didn't responsd straight away, instead thinking about himself. He knew that if he lyed, it would be easily found out, so he needed to make sure his own answer was sincere. His mind quickly went to all the stupid things he had done, a lot of them dangerous, well, to himself, but he had done them... Star sighed, really hoping that he wasn't lying to himself.

"No...... I'm no quitter" He responds, his attitude and voice still calm, though he was sweating a little out of worry. He had no idea what was going on, she had sounded a bit serious then, so it made him a little... worried.

Al watched the exchange quietly from his spot. His arms kept crossed and his eyes watching the two. Good. Lavender was taking this seriously.

Choosing a member for the Brotherhood was tedious and should be well calculated. Not only for the group's sake but as well as the person. Dragging someone into this sort of field of work and they not being able to handle it, is like signing them up to die.

It didn't matter if the person was likeable or not. Sure. He liked the lad. Seemed like a good person as far as he was concerned. And Lav was friendly all around. But that didn't matter now. What mattered now was Lav's judgment.

"Heh." A small sliver of grin tugged at the corner of his mouth as he watched Lav and heard her question. Atta Lass.

Lavender watched him as he responded. Saying he was no quitter. She tired to size his reaction up. Any twitches, facial changes of the curious nature or any movements of the eyes that would hint at a lie.

She was good at her job of seeing through people. Though star was a rougher translation than most. She leaned back and placed her hands on her hips. He had potential. He had it.

Clicking her tongue she Nibbled the inside of her cheek. She made her decision. "I say he has what it takes. Though he isn't perfect. No one is.... Star, if you do join us you will be joining more than just a petty group of people. This is no club that you can join and have fun in like its a game. It's a lifestyle and a major life decision that you need to look deep down and gauge weather you are up for it. Because if you arnt you can die, I am not kidding....." She said.

She waived her right hand. "I can only gauge so much from appearances and first impressions. It's up to you to bloom into what you can really be. What you can become. So I want a definate yes or no weather you are willing to put aside everything in your life to commit to this. This will become everything to you, it can hold great rewards but if you can't do it you will not like what happens." She said crossing her arms.

"So what I see here is a canvas that can hold a fantastic mural. It's up to you to create it. So do you want to paint it or walk away?"

Star thought about it, he honestly didn't know if he could handle that. He had nearly died a lot of times, though each time he hadn't really thought about it. This was different, this time she was asking him to make a choice. He thought a bit, and after around four minutes of thinking, he stared at her, looking her in the eye. For the first time, he actually looked a bit serious. It was obvious this was not a normal matter.

"I'm prepared for whatever lies ahead..." He replies, really hoping he had just made the right choice. His heart was beating fast, he was scared, REALLY, scared, but he did not show it. At least, as best he could he didn't show it. Though his eyes sparked with determination.

Allister's serious visage fell as he listened. Instead a big proud grin was set instead returning him to his usual self. Spoken like a true assassin. He thought beaming with mentor-ish pride. Lavendar Rose. His little clumsy apprentice had grown so much in the amount of time that they were a pair. The same little apprentice that others of the Brotherhood were so hesitant to let join. He knew she had something in her and here it was. The older assassin was also thrilled to see the fire in Star's eyes. Perhaps he did have something there. Only time would tell. He was eager to see it though and he was eager to bring him back to the Brotherhood.

A rumbling chuckle from his chest. "I guess that settle it then." He said walking a bit closer to the two a wide grin on his face and his green eyes holding a determination of his own. "Lav is puttin' it on the line fer ya, mate." He rubbed the back of his head as he thought before clasping a hand on both of their shoulders. "An' since I trust in her judgment...consider my vote in yer favor, Lad." He beamed brightly. They still had to go through the rest of the members and the leader but, that was for another time.

Lavender stepped back. Happy with her decision. Star would be fine. At least she hoped so.

She glanced to her master and stepped back. Her hands behind her back as she let him speak. She lowered her gaze a bit and watched the floor softly as he welcomed him.

Star was pretty relieved that the little Q/A session was over, but he knew that their was more ahead. He couldn't help but smile a bit. Why, he didn't know, but he had a feeling something big was gonna happen to him soon.

"I really hope im worth it" He responds, smiling at both. He looked pretty happy, considering. 

"Aye, I do to." He agreed with Star with a playful wink. Another huff of laughter filling the cabin as he placed his hands on his hips. "Well now that all is said an' done." The man addressed the two. "Time ta' set course fer home."  He then spun on his heels and started walking to the steps that led to the deck above. "Ye two are free ta' wander as ye please. We won't be makin' it home until ta'morrow. Weather premitin' " He hoped so anyways. The two had been away from their home base for a few days, and it was high that they were able to sleep in their own beds. "Maybe try an' find yerself's some grub? Ya lookin' mighty frail lately, Lav." His green eyes worriedly glancing over her as he passed by. "An' you, Pup!"  He said pointing at Star. "Ye look like a walkin' talkin' stick!" He exclaimed to further his point that Star was rather skinny. "Can't have me apprentices keel over on me." He said with a shake of his head. Like a mother hen tutting over her chicks not eating enough.  

Allister adjusted the hat upon his head before giving them a little fair well wave. "Any way I'll quit fussin' an' leave ye to it."  As the self proclaimed captain of the ship he really needed to go and see what was happening up top. Plus growl warnings to leave Lavender and Star alone to the pirates above. "Now if ye will excuse me, I have ta go an' check on these dugs up here." He said with a smirk before pushing open the door an exiting through the top. His voice could be heard barking out orders a the latch closed behind him.

(Don't worry, im still here. Just been trying to deal with something.... no where near dealt with, still scared...... But i'l try to stop slowing this down, sorry again :( )

Star winced as he was told he was skinny, looking at himself. He wasn't that bad... was he? He had always eaten so much, well, compared to what seemed to be the normal amount he had seen on the streets. He looked confused, and a little hurt, though he decided to shrug it aside as he looked at Lavender.

"M...ind telling me what just happened?" He asked, his face saying it all. He was confused, and mainly, VERY, VERY curious. He had just accepted a invite into some misterious group, he had NO idea what he was walking into, if he would enjoy it, if it was for him. He needed answers.

Well, don't they clean up nicely? Not bad.

Allister, now standing at the helm of the ship, thought as he observed the crew going about their work. It was almost as if  the little skirmish from before hadn't happened at all. He held the ship's wheel steady as the gentle yet strong wind filled the sails. If he was being honest with himself, he had always found this to be rather calming. A sigh escaped him as thoughts of what was to come entered his mind. The Brotherhood. How would they take to Star? They needed more members but, that didn't mean that any street urchin could join. The boy didn't seem the type for such a group. He was timid, nervous, and a bit on the scrawny side.  Another sigh.

He remembered the time he presented Lavender to the Brotherhood. Even after he argued until he was nearly blue in the face they still had their doubts. Stubborn lot. If it wasn't for the boss stepping in, blows might have been exchanged. However, things worked in their favor and he gained an apprentice that day. He just hoped things went well for Star. The thought of him being turned away left a bad taste in his mouth. The lad had no where to go and he didn't want him to waste away on the streets. That is if...he was allowed to leave. He refused to think of the other way the Brotherhood could deal with him. Aye, they definitely had their work cut out for them. " 'M gettin' too old fer this." He grumbled though, a playful grin giving away his true feelings on the matter.

Lavender glanced at him and motioned for him to follow her to her quarters. "Come and I will tell you." She said as she began walking to the door. She opened it and strode into a nice cabin of the ship with a bed and house furnishings. She walked to her bed and sat down before crossing her legs. "So what do you wish to know? I can only Say so much though."

• 2 weeks later...

Star was quick to smile, standing up and following her to her quarters with a greatful face, glad to know he would at least get some infomation about what he just signed up for. Whatever it was, it had to be better then going back to that.... village.... 

He sighed, then followed her, sitting down next to her. 

"What exactly have i signed up for?" He asks, not feeling really scared, or nervous, around Lavender. 

Lavender glanced to star and sighed as she rested for a bit. His question was straight forward and to the point. "You have joined a brotherhood. The assassin brotherhood. It's not anything devious like the assassins who kill for money or corrupt purposes. No the brotherhood strives to keep the balance of the world through freedom of choice and peace. The opposite side of the spectrum and our worst enemy is called the Templars. Those that control, murder and snake their way to power. They are everything that we are not. And this is not true equilibrium. It's dark and cruel."

She said as she began taking off her robes. She was now down to her tank top like top and her shorts. She set her clothing aside and took her hidden blades off of her wrists for now.

"Now you didn't sign up for just a job..... You are joining a family. We are all on this together and you will gain brothers, sisters and mentors along your journey. For now though you got me as a sister! If you are okay with that!" She said with a light hearted tone.

She crossed her legs on the bed and smiled again. "I'm only an apprentice and you will be under me by one or two ranks. Initiate will be given to you if we can get the council to let you in." She said.

Star listened with full attention, a family? He sort of liked the sound of that.... but the killing part, he hoped he could find a way to live with that... He shivered a little at the thought of actually ending someones life, and thoughts were going through his head like wildfire.

I really hope that every life taken is for a good cause...

Once she finished, saying he would be a initiate, he sighed. It was a bit to take in, but he smiled shortly after, looking at her, and replying with a happy tone.

"I'd be honored to have you as a sister, and i hope you can accept me as a brother" He replys, smiling the whole while, keeping the mood light. 

He thought about his next question, then realized something.

"You mentioned mentors, so does that invole some type of heavy training? If so, whats... involved in it?"

Archived