Rolling Thunder MK. II (private)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caper made sure not to get ahead of Lullaby, and looked back to make sure Missy was still with them. When they got there, he conjured up the equipment, having to summon and old harness from when Missy and he were foals, to fit Lullaby. 

Missy was walking behind them, making more spells so Lulalby was safe. When they arrived, she saw what Caper summoned and smiled. Oh, the memories.

Lullaby smiled and let Caper put it on her

Caper made sure it was secure, then sat down to explain the idea to her. "Remember tobogganing? This is a bit like that; you put on these skis, hold onto this bar which is attached to me by rope, and then you skate across the water, pulled by me! Sound good?" He asked, putting on his own harness, and smiling at her. 

Lullaby looked at him for a moment with a little confused face... or in awe, it was hard to tell. She conected the dots and after a moment smiled. "Ah undehstand!" She said happily.

Missy giggled a bit at that, smiling.

Caper chuckled, and helped her put her skis on, (again, an old set of Missy's) before collecting up the rope connecting to his harness, and giving the handle at the end to Missy. "I'm going to hover over there," He explained, pointing at the sky above the water, "Can you set Lullaby up to go, then give me the signal when she'd ready? Also, perhaps fly beside her, just in case..." 

"Sure." Missy said as she turned to Lullaby to get her ready. She put everything where it should be before signaling Caper that she was ready to go, then flew up to be by he side

Caper grinned at that, and headed out to a more open part of the lake, so that he could go a little faster. Lullaby didn't weigh very much, so it wasn't hard work, and he enjoyed flying across the surface of the lake, his wingbeats sending up a cooling mist from the water. 

Caper was making sure to focus on flying, so he couldn't see clearly what they were doing, but they didn't seem to be waving, so he carried on round the coast. Soon they were back where they started, and he signalled for Missy to come and talk to him while he circled.

When they arrived, Missy moved Lullaby back to the sand and lay her down to dry her up using magic. Once done, she let her there with a ruber duck to play.

"What is it?" Missy asked when she got with hin

Caper stood on the shore, wiping spray off his face, and looking out across the lake. "I just wanted to see if Lullaby was okay to go a bit further?" He asked, looking at her, "She seemed to be enjoying it, and Mum and Dad still aren't back yet... maybe we could go over to another island?" He suggested. 

He thought for a moment, then grinned, "I could probably tow you too, if you wanted..."

Caper nodded happily, and conjured up another rope and handle for his harness, passing it over to her. "Get your skis and everything, and once you're both ready, give me a shout," He said, before turning back to look at the lake, deciding which island to visit, and what route to take. 

Caper looked back and smiled, before slowly taking off and pulling them out onto the water. He picked up speed slowly, getting used to the extra drag from Missy, then headed for the next island, having to put in quite a bit more effort than before, but enjoying it all the same. He was looking forward to a rest once he got there though... 

Once again. Caper flew along happily, just above the water, pulling the other two behind him. He went as fast as he thought Lullaby would be able to manage, and was getting quite tired even going that fast.

By the time he got to the beach on the other island, he was panting, and pretty worn out, but grinning happily; he loved flying, and being so close to the water made it even more exhilarating. 

Archived