Just Another Normal Buggy Day in Ponyville (Private)

Lyipheoryia

Duchess Le Chandelier

DUCHESS le Chandelier

Duchess yawned as she woke up, smiling to herself.  Three hard days of intense designing for a new label definitely deserved a week of relaxation in Ponyville.  She let her hoof run through her blue mane, surprised that her disguised had stayed on throughout the night.  No touch-ups needed-this star was up and ready to go!  She brushed her teeth, braided her mane, and grabbed her saddlebag, only hesitating for second to decide upon breakfast, Hot food?  Or cold food?  She settled on a quick oats bar, a snack to get her ready for the day.  She loaded her usual designer supplies into her saddlebag: sketchpads, notebooks, drawing pencils, art pens, markers, and the works.

The day was bright and warm, the clouds providing shade from Celestia's Sun.  She gave a smile to the house, her friend Steampunk had allowed her to stay there during her vacation.  She looked around, before trotting towards the Ponyville marketplace.  To nopony in particular, she said,  "It's a good day in Ponyville, eh?"

(this is my different version of roleplay) ( http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21571-blue-the-changling/) (<my roleplay character)

*blue walked closer and closer to ponyville, and reaches the outer part of ponyville, he looks around in his pony disguise, he was really happy though he did not show it on the outside, he was just as calm and blank faced as ever* *he walks around town looking at everyone, eventually he came to a couple ponies, but ignored them, he walks into ponyville more and sees candle, he decides to walk over and ask* "hello, do you happen to know where a library is in this town?" *he said with a blank face*

(Just a few helpful hints for you in this rp.  Her name is Duchess le Chandelier, and will be referred to as such.  In no part of this rp will she be called Candles, as that is her Changeling name.  As of this rp, her Changeling identity is a secret and she will use that as ironic play.  Your version of a rp is the same as everyone elses, as of what I can see, so there is no boundary there. :)

Duchess turned to the (stallion?), and gave a hard smile.  She pointed to the crystal castle visible from the market, and gave him a nod.  She took out her notebook, writing, I will walk you to the library.  She looked to him for an answer, always smiling.  She might not be a permanent resident here in Ponyville, but she did know her way around all the major towns of Equestria.  Being a famous designer gave you that opportunity...to see the world. 

(Tips again! :)  Please refrain from using first person, but rather stay in third person with "he", "she", etc.)

She began towards the castle, motioning for the stallion to follow.  She walked by a bookstore, and stopped for a second.  She had already replaced her notepad and pen, and didn't bother taking them out again.  Instead, she turned to the stallion and gestured first to the bookstore, then to her saddlebag, and, lastly, the bag of bits she found herself holding n her hoof.  She looked questioning to him, Would you mind if I went in and bought something before continuing on our route?  Of course, she stayed silent during the whole scene, not daring to say anything less it came out as her morning "greetings to the crowd" or a loud yell.

Noting his agreement, she walked into the bookstore.  There, she paid for two notebooks-both identical: blue cloth cover, sketchbook paper, thin blue ribbon bookmark.  She left the store with a smile, putting the two notepads together with her used one.  She grabbed her used one, suddenly feeling inspiration from what the stallion was wearing.  She snatched a graphite pencil, and began drawing.  Right there.  In the middle of the store's doorways.  Immediately.

She stared back at him, her eyes dark and drawn to his features....so strange....they were almost, Changeling.  Nevertheless, she finished her quick sketch and resumed her route to the castle, not minding if her guest followed or not.  Her steps were light and giddy, soft and bouncy-like she had a secret, and a happy one indeed.

(Could you try to add a little bit ore length and depth to your posts?  I've purposely tried to give a lot of opportunity for good posts from my last few, and the plot could advance much more if the posts were a little more "deep".  Thanks.)

She blinked, whirling around at his sudden interruption to her happy prance.  Name? She grimaced, refusing to use her voice.  Instead, she took out her notebook, writing: Which name would you like to know?

(i tried a bit here, is it ok? im not compleatly sure how to do that) (+gtg to bed again, respond to this and ill respond in morning when I can)

*looks at her spin around and he looks at her notebook than the writing on it, now confused he turns his head at an angle looking at it for a little bit* "the name your birth parents gave you most likely, unless for some reason you don't have a name or don't want to give me your name"

She stared at him, and analysed.  Hard.  The horrible disguise that would only be thought up by a Changeling, the hustling denial, the odd accent, the strangeness, the Changeling-ness of him.  One more test to see...She wrote in her notebook, What is my name?  Any other pony would have known it, lest it was a rock farmer (no offense to the Pie family, of course)!  She was more than well-known, she was famous!  She was a fashion star, the crème de la crème!  If he didn't know her, he was almost giving himself away as a Changeling.  She undid her braid in a single, swift movement.  Her cascading blue mane swerved over one of her shoulders, her head dipping low.  She looked up through her eyelashes, mimicking one of her signature model poses.

(I've been busy.  Depending on rp's it might take me up to a week for an answer.  I have a life outside of this, you know :).  This is not the first on my priority list.)

She nodded, then pointed to the castle.  Here it is!  She turned and began walking away.  This stranger got on her nerves.  His quick, simple one sentence answers.  His odd behaviour...different from how most reacted.  In short, she didn't like him.  He had a strange vibe, she couldn't see it, she couldn't feel it-but she knew it was there.  She turned to give one last look at him, before shaking her head.  She stopped in the middle of the street, I could be a good host and take him into the castle; or I could leave him.  She stared for a second, before decided to turn back and be a good host. 

She sighed, before teleporting both of them into the library.  She wrote in her notebook: Here, look around.  I have to leave for an appointment in the Town Hall, but you can always find me-if you need me-at the Ponyville Hotel.

She teleported to the Town Hall, leaving him alone with the books.

Archived