Fallout Equestria

BraveShield

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ah'm no expert, but Ah don't think that boat's sailin' anywhere right now," Taffy said, noticing a hole in the hull, just on the waterline.

Luckily the water was shallow, so the boat hadn't been able to sink far, and otherwise it looked in remarkably good shape...

"Could probably be fixed though," She added, idly, yawning a bit. "An' life on a boat could be fun; there're no radscorpions on boats." 

"Huh..." Arcus muttered thoughtfully, tilting his head curiously at the boat.

"How the hell are we supposed to fix a hole like that, though? I'm no good with fixing stuff..." he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Oh, it's not so bad," Taffy said, smiling. "If Ah had a welder an' some decent sheet metal, Ah could have her floatin' again in no time."

She sighed, and looked at the boat sadly. 

"Always seems such a waste t' me, these poor machines bein' left t' rust away."

"Always seems such a waste t' me, these poor machines bein' left t' rust away."

"Machines aren't the only thing that can rust away, y'know..." He chuckled, looking up at the sky...

"Under the right conditions, ponies can too..."

Taffy would see that Arcus was still looking up, staring at the clouds...

After a silent moment, he looked back down, and laughed.

"Hey, I'm being serious! Trust me, first-hoof experience." He smiled, but it looked as if it had lost it's usual lustre...

"Uh... Ah only heard tales, like most in the wasteland Ah guess..." Taffy replied, frowning in confusion at Darky's comment.

"But, um... perhaps it's somethin' we should discuss another time?" She added, looking sympathetically at Arcus. She wanted to hear what he had to say, but she didn't want to anger Darky.

Arcus quickly shook his head, smiling a little. "Nah, it's not really about them. It's about the ones who leave." he chuckled, turning to look at his cutie mark.

"Like my parents, y'know? Moved away, the both of them. I was just getting homesick, I guess." he chuckled, remembering.... but did he want to? Quickly casting that thought away, he turned to Darky, an almost amused smile on his face.

"Still the old Pegasi hate, huh?"

As the three of them were talking lucky saw a pair of white branches move on top of the ship

Not wanting to take the chance of them being hostel he readied his battle saddle

-----

Ace and thunder were too busy looking at the group talk to see what was happening on the boat and with lucky

Star jumped off the boat into the water, showing the group that the branches were delicately carved antlers

Her petite doe body still larger then a ponies made her about the same size as darky, her brown pelt reflected what light was left because it got wet, And her orange eyes were unseen as she wasn't looking at the group

She was carrying a bag of stuff she must have found on the boat

--------

Ace pulled out his sniper but didn't attack

Her efs was blue meaning she wasn't Imminently a threat

Taffy shrugged and smiled sweetly at Arcus.

"Ah try not to judge based on things like that; way Ah see it, there's good ponies and bad ponies on all sides." She said, watching the ponies heading towards the boat.

" 'Sides, Ah like you~" She added, giggling a bit, and pressing herself against him a little. 

She turned her head at the sound of something dropping into the water. 

"What was that?" She asked, curiously.

"Wait! Dont shoot!" Lullaby said to Ace before she ran towards the boat.

Darky was not sure what to say, so he took Lullaby and flew towards the boat so it was faster.

Lullaby hopped she was right. "STAR!!!" She yelled

Ace looked confused but did what he was told

------

Star stepped up onto land and looked over at the unicorn running at her

"LULLABY!" She yelled back in her slight native accent

------

Lucky smiled as he headed towards them with thunder and ace following

------

Once the two closed the gap between them star hugged lullaby

But lucky for her she remembered how strong she was and didn't crush her

Lullaby eeked and smiled, then hugged Star happily once close enough. She remembered she was... a strong hugger, so she was ready.

"Star! It's so nice to see you!" Lullaby said happily.

"Hopefully, more good than bad..." Arvus chuckled, but that lasted only until Taffy's next remark, at which Arcus felt his normally silver-blue coat turn red, in a painfully obvious blush.

Even so, he still managed to smile back, leaning his head against Taffy's in return.

"You kissed me, that made it pretty darn obvious." He grinned, before perking up, and...

... Was that a splash? The hell was in the water?

"... It looks like we'll find out?" Arcus remarked, noting that Lullaby seemed to recognize whatever the hell that was...

Taffy trotted over to the edge of the dock, frowning curiously. 

"Is that a deer?" She said, surprised, as Lullaby hugged the mysterious figure,

"These ponies we're with sure seem t' have a lotta friends," She commented, smiling with a hint of sadness as she looked at Arcus. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had a friend for longer than a week.

Lucky dropped his guard and trotted up to them

---

Star let go of lullaby smiling untill she saw the other ponies

"Um....who are these ponies?" She asked lullaby as lucky ace and thunder got to her

Arcus trotted tover to Taffy, and took a look as well.

"Huh, looks like it..." He remarked, those antlers were pretty hard to miss. After a short while of looking, however, and after Taffy had spoken, he turned to her.

"I guess they've just met a lot of ponies, then!" He chuckled. But, noticing Taffy with the same sad expression he had earlier, he kneeled a bit, coming face-to-face with her, and put a hoof to her lips.

"Uh, nope! No sad Taffy for me, please!" He laughed, smiling towards her. "Don't make me take drastic measures!"

Archived