Chaos in Equestria (Private)

TRP

Caper laughed a bit. "Well, yes, I can see that Missy," He said, smiling and looking at the huge crystal building. 

It wasn't anywhere near as tall as the place, but it was as tall as most of the houses; a great big oval of crystal, with jousting lanes at it's centre. It had a ticket office, a little cafe, a gift shop, and enough seating for a thousand ponies, easy. 

Caper looked at the ticket office, then blushed. "Um... do you have any of the money they use here?" He asked Missy, sheepishly. 

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Uhm... I think Luna showed us some one time she came to visit and I made some copies..."missy said as she took out a bag of bits. It was rather big, but it was not full. Still, enough for them. "Here." She said as she took out some

The ponies jousting were several crystal ponies.

At the back there were several lists and photos of former champions.., between them being Darky. Though he was a pegasus in the photo.

Missy walked with Caper to get herself one also.

Caper noticed the picture of Darky, a little surprised that he hadn't recommended they go to the jousting. He shrugged, and went up into the stands with Missy, to watch the first tilt; it seemed they were running a sort of amateur day, so the ticket prices were low, but the knights were inexperienced. The pair on the field when Caper and Missy sat down both missed each other completely on their first three tilts. 

Caper scoffed quietly at their efforts. "Well I know I'm better than that," He whispered, partly to himself, partly to Missy. 

Missy giggled to what Caper said. "Yeah, I know you are." She said smiling. Aparently, later that day would be a bigger tournament with more expereinced knight.

"Look..." she pontied at the poster that said that. "And this tickets seem to be also able to allowe us in." She said smiling to Caper

Caper grinned. "Well that'll definitely be more fun to watch!" He said, happily, before turning back to look at the ponies on the field. They still hadn't hit each other, but one of them had managed to fall over and twist his leg. Another pony cantered out to him, then shook his head, before helping him off the field.

"Well folks, it looks like we're a pony short!" Said the announcer, over the PA system, "Unless a replacement can be found, we may have to wrap this contest up early!" 

There were groans from the rest of the audience, and Caper tapped his chin, thoughtfully. "I wonder if just anyone can join..." He mused, looking at the saddlebags he was still wearing that contained his armour. 

"You can go and ask." Missy said smiling to Caper.

"I will go to the library. See ya later. I will come back when the other jousts start." She said smiling, then left the arena to go to the library.

Caper smiled back and nodded, "Alright, have a nice time, Missy." 

Once she was gone, he headed down to the small tent at the edge of the field, to talk try and find somepony in charge. The tent was full of young ponies in armour, mostly crystal ponies, but some regular, pastel coloured ones too. Caper looked around happily; this was his kind of place! 

None of the ponies paid much attention to him, as they were all busy fiddling with their armour, or doing warm up stretches, so he walked through the tent until he saw and older stallion in ornate-looking armour, standing next to a bed, where the injured pony was laying. He was clearly the leader of the joust.

"Uh, hullo? Sir?" Caper said, trying to get the stallion's attention, but still be polite, "I've come to offer my services, such as they are..." 

The armored pony turned to him. "And you are... no. It doest matter right now. I need a knight to replace this one. You a knight?" He asked as he stuud up and turned completly to see him. At the slightest sign of saying yes, he then said.

"Great. Now, go to the fourth tent to thr right to get registered and then your armor. Now go." He sais hastly, then went back to the injured pony.

Caper nodded, and rushed out of the tent, counting the other tents he passed, and heading into the appropriate one. 

The tent was less full than the main one, with only a hoofful of ponies preparing to joust, or relaxing after having been out already. Caper found an empty spot, and changed into his armour.

The armor was a simple one but enough to protect him against a direct hit. The helmet had a visor to protect the face also.

There were several spears at the back, all the same.

Caper took one of the lances, did a few final stretches, then headed out to the field, looking about to see where he was meant to be going. He spotted the Older stallion standing over by a board with pony's names written on it, so he made his way over.

"Caper," Caper replied, trying not too sound nervous; he knew he could joust, but he'd never done it against somepony he didn't know, or in front of an audience...

Part of him wished Missy was there to cheer him on, but he knew she wasn't really interested in that kind of thing, and that they couldn't spend all their time together. 

"Um... alright..." Caper said, slightly uncertainly. He left the pony, and headed over to the lanes, where the last two ponies were just finishing. There was already a pony waiting at one end; a rose coloured crystal pony with green armour; Caper's first opponent... 

He scratched the back of his head, then realised he was wearing a helmet, blushed, and headed to his own end of the lane.

Once he was on the lane, he could hear the announcer say his name.

The pony at the other side got ready after the announcer finished, and soon started runnong towards Caper, his soear ready

Caper gulped a little, tucked his lance under his wing, and started to canter down the lane towards the other pony. He aimed the tip of his lance at the left side of their breastplate, to try and unbalance them, just as Courage had taught him. Hopefully, it would cause the pony to fall, without hurting them too much. 

Caper held his lance steady, and broke into a full gallop, Hoping his training would pay off...

Jast as Caper expected, the pony lost his ballance and fell.

The spear of the other one hit.his side, but slided to a side thanks to the armor, making it almost like if he didnt hit Caper.

The not so bug audience claped and stomoed their hooves at hin for his victory.

"You had won this round, so you better get ready for the next one. You have 5 minutes to do what you nees." They pony said as they arrived to thr side exit, where the tents were

"Alright," Caper said, nodding before heading into the tent. 

He took a few minutes to think through his tactics, and pick up a new lance, before heading back outside, to watch his competition for any possible weaknesses. He returned to the lanes when called, and proceeded to win his next three matches, getting him into the finals; he would be jousting against three other ponies, and the winner would be the one with the most points.

He lined up nervously at the end of his lane.  

Archived