Chaos in Equestria (Private)

TRP

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caper flipped his visor down, lowered his lance, and charged the earth pony. This pony was more skilled than his previous opponents however, and they both managed to break their lances on each other, both scoring a point. 

Caper retuned to his end, and picked up a fresh lance, ready to run again...

Caper staggered, managing avoid falling over, but limping; his armour was badly dented on his left shoulder, and his leg was hurting quite badly; that earth pony sure packed a punch! 

He grimaced as he reached the end of his lane. 

"You've made the final joust!" The crystal pony standing there said, enthusiastically, "You're tied in points with Sir Fleetwing, so there will be one final tilt, in about half an hour," He frowned and looked at Caper's dented armour, "Unless you're too injured, then he would win by default..." 

"No!" Caper cried, his visor still down, hiding his pained expression, "I mean... No no, I'm quite alright, thank you," He nodded at the pony, then made his way back to his tent, trying to hide his limp. He needed Missy's healing magic! He thought hard, remembering the long-distance telepathy spell Eris had taught them, and then just managed to send her a message, asking for her help. 

The tent was empty, all the other contestants having lost and gone home, or to watch from the stands. Caper sat heavily on a bench, taking off his helmet to wipe the sweat from his brow, as he waited to see if Missy had got his message...

After around 15 minutes, Missy arrived to the tents she felt the message comming from, and looked for Caper. Once she found him she squeaked a bit and rushed. "Caper!" Missy said. Lullaby out of nowhere teleported behind then. Surly a foal magic burst.

"Eek!" Missy said surprised. Maybe Luna and Darky were nearby.

Caper blinked, surprised by the sudden appearance of the two mares.

"Um... hi!" He said, waving at Lullaby with his good paw, before turning to Missy. "I uh... could use a little help here..." He said, blushing and gesturing to where the armour was dented. His shoulder was still hurting, and he couldn't even get the armour off on his own.

Lullaby, in a small face of awe, walked towards him and nibbled his paw a bit, then saw where the armor was dented and her tiny horn glowed, gently healing his wound as Missy fixed the armor

Caper chuckled a bit as Lullaby nibbled his paw, then closed his eyes as her healing magic took effect. The pain in his shoulder disappeared, replaced by a warm, tingly feeling. He smiled, and when she'd finished, his shoulder felt good as new. He stretched it a bit, then ruffled Lullaby's mane affectionately. "Thank you, Lullaby!"

He looked down, and realised his armour was fixed too, then grinned at Missy. "And thank you too, Missy," He chuckled to himself, "I don't know what I'd do without you two!" 

Lullaby clapped her tiny hooves happily at Caper and hugged him happily, grinning a bit as she did so, then went back to nibbling his paw.

"I ask myself the same thing." Missy said smiling to Caper as she sat with him.

Caper hugged Lullaby back, then chuckled as she nibbled his paw again; it tickled! He grabbed her with his free paw, and tickled her back, grinning. He laughed a bit and looked at Missy as he played with the filly. "So, will you stay and watch my final joust Sis? I've got to go back out in about five minutes..." 

"Nuuu!" Lullaby giggled as he tickled her in her belly. She wiggled and giggled a bit, smiling and stoping the nibbling.

Missy giggled at that and turned to Caper, "Sure. It is thr finals right?" She said smiling to Caper

Caper smiled back, then took a deep breath and flipped down his visor once more, taking a lance, and heading out to the field. 

He got to his lane, and got ready, looking at his opponent; he'd seen the pegasus in action, and he was fast, a different style all together to the earth pony he had beaten before. He remembered his spar with Thunder, and what the had discussed... misdirection, that would be his ally here...

He scuffed the ground with his paw, and on the starter pony's mark, ran towards the pegasus, lowering his lance, and pointing it at the right of his breastplate, meaning to switch to the left at the last minute, and hopefully catch the other pony off guard...

Caper smirked inside his helmet, and at the last second, snapped his lance across to the other side, surprising the pegasus. His lance shattered on the pegasus' armour, and the pegasus kept galloping for a few feet, before completely losing his balance, and skidding to a halt in a crumpled heap.

Caper cantered back to the end of his lane, trying not to be too smug, but grinning like mad inside his helmet; he'd won! 

Caper grinned at the congratulations, and blushed a bit. He didn't know if 5000 bits was a lot or not, but he shook the pony's hoof and thanked him anyway. After the pony had told him to come back anytime, he nodded, and headed back to the tent, to change out of his armour.

Missy and Lullaby went to thr tent to see him as the announcer went to say that the profesional jousts would start in 30 minutes as the arena got full.

"Congratulations brother!" Missy said smiling to Caper as she walked to whete he was and hugged him.

Lullaby did the same

"Lets go bro..." She said smiling as a pony came in.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt, but I was asked to invite you to the vip area for the next joust. The princess payed for you, so there is no need to worry at all." The pony said smiling.

Missy rised an eyebrow. Did Luna or Cadence knew they were there? Well, one way to find out. "Alright, thank you." she said smiling before th epony left, leaving 3 tickets for them

Caper looked at Missy, then shrugged. "Guess we'd better go..."

He finished packing his armour into his bags, as well as his sack of bits, then picked Lullaby up and put her on his back; he was tired, but he liked carrying her, and she was quite light. He left the tent, trotting alongside Missy, and headed to the VIP area, showing their tickets to the pony at the door, and being shown in. 

Inside the VIP area were Princess Luna and Cadence.

"Oh, so you accepted." Cadence said smiling to them after seeing them come in.

"We knew you were here. We saw Missy go here." Luna explained to them smiling

"They are quite entretaining." Luna said smiling as the joust started. Diferently from the one Caper was, this were at the best of 5. And there was a pony in a full black armor that was acing all of the matches, even defeating the so powerful crystal ponies.It was quite entretaining.

Archived