Patching Things Up (Private)

AlextheAngel

Zed put on his reading glasses as he strolled into the pub, earning a few friendly nods and a few cheers from a good bit of the ponies in the rooms. Zed smiled and gave a friendly nod to each of them, shaking a few hoofs before making his way to the bar.

"Well, I'll be... The Angel of Equestria in my pub. For you, sir, drinks are on me." A rather attractive mare said from behind the bar, giving him a smile.

"If you insist..." Zed replied, before reaching into his pockets and pulling out a bag of bits. "But at least take this as a tip." He said, setting the bag in front of her with a smile. He never felt comfortable accepting free things from these small places just because he was considered a hero. The mare nodded happily and disappeared behind the bar for a bit, before pouring him a glass of red wine... something the angel was a fan of. It seemed that it was somehow made public...

He thanked the mare and took a sip from the glass, relaxing a bit in his seat.

"So, even the Angel of Equestria takes time to refresh, hm?" A smooth voice piped up from beside him. There sitting on the stool to his right was HooDoo. The mocha colored mare slid her hoof over the rim of her glass idly before taking a sip of the brown liquid. "Consider me surprised." She replied glancing at Zed her mouth curving at the ends. Her lavander eyes yeilding that ever present glow even in the dimly lit area.  

Upon hearing the gentle voice beside him, the boy looked over to see a familiar-looking pair of lavender eyes staring back, and a look of surprise passed over his face before giving a warm smile. "HooDoo." He said, giving a polite nod in greeting. "I didn't exactly take you for a drinker either. How have you been? It's been a while, hasn't it?" He took another sip from his glass. It had been about a year or two since he had last spoken to her, and needless to say he was rather excited to meet her again.

She chuckled lightly upon seeing the surprised expression on his face. "Yes, well, I suppose we all have our guilty pleasures." She replied, crossing her front hooves and letting them rest on the bar in a relaxed yet lady-like manner. To see Zed, was most certainly a surprise to her. "I've been well. You?" She asked once again giving him her full attention. To think that she would be sitting next to someone whom she was at odds with just a few years ago was certainly un-foreseen. Yet...she found herself quite happy with the chance meeting. "How long has it been? Two years, perhaps?"  

"It very well seems like it, yes." Zed replied, giving a bit of a heavy sigh. It was very hard to believe that it had already been two years since he had last spoken to her... and he wondered where all that time went. It felt strange... he was excited to see HooDoo, regardless of what she had done to him. The past was the past, and he was glad that they were friends now. "I've been great so far." He paused for a little bit, before lowering his voice a bit. "I... I have a kid now. A son."

She listened quietly as he spoke her gaze wandering over his form. He seemed to have recovered quite well from their previous encounter and this brought the mare some relief. She had felt so much remorse and guilt for the things she put him through and even after the passing of time she still felt it. Hoo doubted she would ever forgive herself for it though, it warmed her heart to see that he held no grudge against her well...outwardly speaking anyways. "Mm." She hummed to signal she was still listening. Her horn let off a dim purple glow as she used a levitation spell to bring her drink to her lips. "Is that so?" She asked pausing her actions upon hearing the news. She wasn't sure what caught her attention more, the general discovery of the child or the way Zed had said it. "You don't sound too thrilled." She replied watching him closely. She taking note of how he paused and lowered his voice.

Zed bit his lip, before giving a small sigh. "Well... I love him more than anything, don't get me wrong. It's just... I don't know how it happened. Not only that, but he's... very dangerous to keep around." He said, before taking another sip. His heart thudded heavily within his chest, trying to find some way to explain, but it was rather difficult. "I... haven't told anyone about it yet. I haven't even told my mother..." He said. "He's a born angel, which is dangerous because a born angel is capable of harnessing massive amounts of power... even more so than myself. I... don't think this world is ready for that just yet. Honestly... you're the first pony I've told this."

She was the first? Hoo found this a bit odd. Out of the many friends and family this boy had, he chose her to reveal such information to. Surely those that he had been friends with much longer would be the first and not some ex-outlaw who had mercilessly toyed with his mind just two years prior. Don't get her wrong she was quite flattered...though just a bit taken back. "You haven't told that mare of yours? Thunder, was it?" She questioned, swiveling her glass a bit. Surely he wouldn't keep this hidden from the love his life right?  "Pardon my prying Zed, but, what do you plan on doing with this child?" She took a sip. "You can't keep him hidden forever, you know." 

Zed bit his lip again, before taking another drink from his glass, this time finishing it off. In the back of his mind, he felt annoyed about it, as constantly taking sips from his drink became a nervous tweak. Now that his drink was gone, he didn't know what to do with himself. "I... I don't know yet..." He said, resting his elbows on the bar and interlocking his fingers. "I plan on raising him like a real father would. I'm not going to pull what my parents did to me. Eventually I'll tell everyone, just... not yet." When she mentioned Thunder, his face instantly turned a bright red, and he rubbed his temples. "S-she..." He started, before taking a deep breath and finishing. "She's his mother."

Hoo quirked a brow as the angel finished off his drink. "Careful, Hero. " She warned. "If you keep downing them like you just may very well make a spectical of yourself." A playful smirk to ease the boy's troubled mind. "And I'm not so confidant that I would be able to get us out of here and you home." She chuckled as she took another sip before placing it in front of her crossed hooves. She ceased in her teasing as he continued settling back down into listening. Good. She hasn't a doubt in her mind that Zed would rid himself of the child. He didn't seem the type to do that. She let out a light laugh amused by the blushing angel. "Oh? I see." She wasn't entirely sure how that was possible. She wanted to ask if he meant biological though, decided that it may be a bit unnecessary at the moment. "Do you by chance have a picture of the little one?"

Zed perked up a bit at the question, before looking down. "N-no, I don't." He said. Truth be told, he was a bit upset with himself that he didn't at least have a picture of his now two-year-old child... He made a mental note to do that more often. Then he lit up a bit. "But Thunder is out tonight. She put him to bed before she left. If you want, you can come and meet him!" He said, before calming down a bit. "Um... well... only if you want to." He added, unsure if HooDoo would be all right around children.

Hoo's ears perked up a bit at his sudden burst of excitement. It was apparent that the angel was proud of his son and wanted to show him off a bit. And she supposed that due to him keeping the little angel a secret he hasn't got the chance. " I would like that very much, Zed." A small amused smile forming. It also helped in her decision with knowing that said child's mother was out. It wasn't that she did not care for her no, she just wasn't too sure if Thunder would be as forgiving as Zed was. And she rather not receive a black eye or any other bodily injures tonight...no matter how much she may deserve it.

Zed lit up once again upon hearing her answer, setting his cup closer to the other side of the bar so the barkeep could pick it up. "All right, great!" he said, standing up from his seat and leaving another few bits on the counter for a tip. He had quite a bit of money not only because he was in the Royal Family, but also because Thunder had started a cooking business not too long ago that had grown in popularity. He patiently waited for her to finish her own drink.

The mare watched as Zed left another tip and stood from his spot.Didn't he tip before and wasn't his drinks supposed to be free? She had half a mind to tell him to pocket the bits but, that was none of her business. Well, no-pony could ever claim he wasn't generous. She thought with bemused shake of her head. She took another sip of her drink finishing it off and stepping down from the stool. The unicorn left a few bits as well. Ignoring the part of her that wanted to take the money for herself. No, that was the old HooDoo. She had always been short on bits in her lifetime, however,due to her change in lifestyle things seemed to be a bit steadier now. "Shall we take our leave then?"

"We shall." Zed replied with a nod, his grin never leaving his face. He quickly walked toward the front entrance, giving a quick wave to all the ponies that wished him a good day. He opened the door and held it open for HooDo... a gesture he had always been used to even before he was an angel. "We'll have to take the train there, if you're all right with that. We live in a nice house right underneath Cloudsdale." He gave a small sigh. Cloudsdale was a rather beautiful city... unfortunately, he was unable to get there on his own, since he didn't have wings.

HooDoo followed behind before pausing to give a quick 'thank you' dip of her head to Zed as she walked through the door. "That will be just fine." She replied walking beside him. She had to admit to herself that she was a little eager about this trip. It wasn't done because she had to or she was on some sort of job. Not this time. She was doing it for pure enjoyment and because she was invited. Could she, the stone cold hypnotist, actually have a friend? "I must admit, I'm a bit eager to see it." She admitted as they walked. "How is Thunder by the way?"She asked wanting to fill the silence with small talk.

"All right..." Zed replied, leading the way to the train station. He had been to it over a million times already, and not knew the place like the back of his hand. He has even had to help out some of the newer residents of Ponyville a few times. It felt... amazing that he could feel so at home in a place like this. He perked up again when HooDoo mentioned Thunder. "She's actually doing very well. She now has a cooking business that I help her with frequently, and basically raking in bits like they're nothing." He said with a nod, before they finally made it to the train station... which was not as crowded as it usually was. He ordered a ticket to Cloudsdale, before stepping up onto the train. He even offered his hand out to help HooDoo over the threshold.

Hoo thanked the pony that was selling the tickets before turning and following Zed. "Oh." She was a bit surprised as he offered his hand for assistance. Even though it had been two years, the mare still found others actually caring for her a bit perplexing. She looked at his hand then to him and then back down before placing her hoof in it. "Thank you." She thanked him with a grin. It would take sometime to get used to this act of kindness though, she thought she could get used to it.

"No problem." He said, gently helping her over the threshold and onto the train. He gave a sigh and walked over to one of the vacant seats, smiling and nodding to any of the ponies and unicorns who gave him the usual friendly "hello" and "thank you". He sat down at his seat and was immediately approached by one of the attendants.

"Good evening, Angel. Can I get you anything? Drinks? Snacks?" He asked, beaming.

"No thanks. I'll be fine for now." Zed replied, before motioning HooDoo to the seat next to him. "Would you like anything? It's on me."

Hoo followed behind Zed as they made there way to an empty seat. She glanced at the many different ponies as they passed. "Oh, no. I'm quite alright." She said with a wave of her hoof upon sitting next to Zed. She was still quite sated from the two drinks she had prior to the train ride. She never the one to have much of an appitite. The mare settled into a more comfortable postion in her spot. "Aren't we quite the popular one." She said with a pointed look to the boy. Taking note of the much attention he seemed to get whereve he went. "Hm, Angel?" She lightly teased using the nickname the waiter had used before.  

Zed gave a small chuckle upon hearing the mocha-colored mare's teasing, adding in a slight shrug. "It's just a nickname people use. I quite like it, to be honest." He said, giving a heavy sigh and relaxing in the seat, despite the noise from the moving train and the conversing of nearby ponies. "I basically live to help people. Whether it's doing a simple chore at somepony's house, or Mother sending me off to chase out a dragon living too close to civilization." He reached back and scratched the back of his neck. "Ten years of doing something like that tends to get someone noticed. If you hang around me enough, you might get noticed as well." He said, before adding in. "I... don't mean to pry, but how have you been doing lately? I mean, you're not in the same business as before we met, are you?"

"Mm, no you are fine." She hummed with a dismissive wave of her hoof. "I'm afraid I've been doing nothing but prying, upon meeting you this evening." She sighed. "I suppose it is  your turn now."  Hoo's eyes traveled too the window and watched as the scenery steadily rolled by. "To answer your question, no, I've not trifled with any new or old clients." She closed her eyes with a sigh. "And I dare say, I'm quite happy without them."  She had spent the last two years cutting off old ties and trying to change for the better. Though, what a rocky two years they had been. She opened them once more. "I've been using my skills for something much more...humane." She went quiet for a moment before "Therapy that is." She stated to clarify herself. "It's just a small business that I run inside my home though, hopefully after sometime I'll be able to be seen as a proper Therapist. " She let out a sigh. "Starting over new is quite difficult when one has a bountiful amount of enemies."

Zed gave a small sigh and closed his eyes, leaning back and resting his hands behind his head. "Therapy, you say?" He asked, shifting his position a bit. "What kind of therapy, if you don't mind me asking? If you're willing, then I might want to be a potential client sometime in the future." He said. He was unsure if HooDoo would be at all comfortable with it if it was hypnotic therapy, considering the very first session he had with her... He shook the thought from his mind. This was a new period, and he had no doubt in his mind that the mocha colored mare had changed her ways. He had absolutely no problem considering her a friend.

The mare's ear's twitched a bit at this. She was a bit surprised by his offer. Hoo didn't think that someone that was eposed to such harsh treatment of hypnotic magic would be so trusting as to do it again. She studied the relaxed angel for a moment as if to see if he really mean't it and if he did that would be wonderful. It would be a way for her to make it up to him and also get her trade a little more recognition.  "It is indeed hypnotic therapy." She began settling back in her seat. "I assure you that is nothing like what you may have expected two years ago." She added. " It is gentle and much less...vindictive." She with lack of better words. "I would love to have you as a client, Zed. And...I'm quite flattered that you trust me so." Her mouth curved with a smirk. "I do hope you intend on bringing some of your fortune with you" She lightly teased. "Now that I have a-" She quickly stopped herself as her eyes few open worriedly. Blast it all! She had said to much. The mare glanced worriedly at the angel before quickly back tracking. "I tease, I suppose your first session will be on the house." She finished regaining her calm composure.

Zed cracked open one of his eyes and glanced at the mocha-colored mare from underneath his reading glasses, before cracking a smile. "On the house?" He asked skeptically, before giving a shrug. "Well... if you insist. But I want to at least leave a tip. It feels uncomfortable getting something like that without some sort of payment." He did indeed catch HooDoo back tracking on something she had said, but refused to say anything about it. "Well, I'm really glad that things are working out for you. It really gives me a sense of purpose, seeing my friends succeed in life." Suddenly he winced and sat up, reaching back to rub his shoulder. "Ow..." He moaned, before reaching into his day pack and pulling out a small beaker that held his medication. He pulled off the lid and quickly drank down the bittersweet liquid, sighing with relief as the pain subsided. He put the empty beaker back into his bag, before glancing back at HooDoo. "Sorry about that."

Archived