Patching Things Up (Private)

AlextheAngel

Hoo was releived that the Angel didn't seem to pick up on her slip up and if he did at least he didn't react upon it. "Very well if you insist." She replied to him saying he would at least leave a tip. "I won't stop you from giving me your bits." She smirked but soon stopped as Zed seemed under some sort of distress. "It's quite alright." She watched as he down the liquid. Her lavander eyes studying the brown haired boy closely. "Perhaps we could work on that." She motioned with her hoof to his shoulders. "Maybe after a few sessions we could train your mind to at least dull the pain." She studied him a moment more. "Have you ever thought of perhaps trying something different for your aliment?" She was never fond of medicine.

Zed gave a shrug, before placing his hands back behind his head as they were before. "Not exactly, to be honest." He said in response to HooDoo's final question. "Zecora told me that there wasn't really much else that could help the pain other than the mixture she put together." He thought about her other comment about training his mind to dull the pain. "That actually sounds like a nice idea. I've done meditations, but they never really help. If you could help me with this problem, then I would definitely be in your debt."

"Mm." She nodded in understanding. "I cannot garuntee that it will completely remove the pain but, it would at least help." She said folding her front hooves under her, the train making her sway a bit."Also, take note that something of this degree will not happen over night." She paused letting her words sink in. "You can expect for it to take awhile. Though, your a pretty smart fellow, I'm sure you'll catch on quickly." Today had most certainly been quite the odd one. She went out for drinks and met the last person she expected to see. Possibly made a new friend? And now here she was talking gbusiness while taking a trip to visit her former foe's child.

Again, Zed cracked open an eye and gave a rather curt nod to the mocha-colored Unicorn. "Oh, I'm fully aware of it, actually." He said with a sigh. "I'm normally very patient when it comes to those kinds of things, so I guess that would help in the long run." He grinned at her last comment, before feeling the train begin to slow down, and the intercom announce that they had reached the outskirts of Cloudsdale. "Ah, we're here." He said, some part of him wishing that the train ride would last a little longer... then again, he didn't want to delay himself or HooDoo from seeing his child. He stood up out of his seat and made his way toward the door, once again offering his hand to help the Unicorn over the threshold. "Allow me."

Hoo opened her eyes as the intercom went of and got to her hooves. "It seems this is our stop." She agreed. The made rather enjoyed the relaxing train ride though was bit eager to get off. "Hm, you know if you keep doing this" She placed her hoof in his hand once again. "I'm going to start expecting everypony to treat me this way." She chuckled as she climbed over the threshold.

Zed gave a small chuckle as he helped HooDoo over the threshold. "Well, it's only the polite thing to do." He said, readjusting the strap on his day pack. "Honestly, after everything you've gone through, you need someone to treat you right for once." Of course, the young man had gone through more tough times than her... possibly more than anyone in Equestria. But just because his life was worse, that didn't make hers any better. After all he has gone through, he now has a loving family and many friends to make up for it. He wasn't sure if HooDoo could say the same, but he wanted to at least make sure she has a decent friend. "This way, down this path right here." He said, moving on.

Hoo walked in silence pondering the words the angel spoke to her. She had never thought it that way. If she were to say she was only a victim of wrong doing then she would be lying. The mare had done some pretty awful things in the past. Heck, one of the people she has hurt was treating with such respect it was mind boggling to her. Ever since Hoo is small it had been every pony for them self. "Hm? Oh, right." His voice dragged her from her thoughts as she followed him. "I will say, I'm a bit eager to see the house an Angel lives in."

Zed smiled and gave a small shrug at the comment. "Honestly, it's nothing really special. It's a normal house that anyone would live in." He continued down the path, every once in a while kicking a stone or a fallen tree branch off to the side. After a few more minutes, they finally made it to a large house carved into a mountain side, a few hundred feet into the air. Behind the house was a peaceful waterfall that gently fell into a small river below, and several small animals skittered about, most of them being animals that Zed has accidentally tamed with his abilities. "Here we are. It's not exactly much, but it's home." He said, before climbing up the stairs.

She took in the scnerery as they began the path to their destination. Hop found herself at peace in such a tranquil environment. Hoo stopped in place at the foot of the starirs. He mouth slightly a gap her lavander eyes traveling up the mountain taking in the sheer beauty of the house. Her normally controlled and calm features slipped from her face. "Th-this is...." HooDoo could not imagine anything such as this even in her wildest dreams. Yet, here it was right before her. "Zed...this is beautiful." She finally spoke tareing her gaze from the mountain side home to the angel.

Zed paused his ascent up the stairs and looked back at HooDoo, before sighing and taking a moment to look around at the beautiful scenery. "It really is, isn't it?" He said, smiling. "Thunder used to live here by herself, and back then it was much smaller. When she asked me to move in, I thought I'd expand it a little, and give it a bit of the Ethereal touch. Then we decided to enlarge it a bit more when Alex was born." He paused for a moment, realizing that he had never told HooDoo what his son's name was. "Um... Thunder and I decided to call him Alex." He said a bit awkwardly, before continuing up the stairs, beckoning the Mocha colored mare to continue following.

"R-Right...." She nodded and continue to follow him. She momentarily forgetting the reason for this trip. "Alex." Hoo letting the odd word roll off of her tongue. It far different than what her species thought of as the norm. Then again so was Zed. "Has a nice ring to it."

"Yeah, it does. I thought it might be a little too common at first, but now the more I think about it, the nicer it sounds." Zed replied, digging around in his pocket for the house key, before finally pulling it out and using it to open the door. He stepped inside and held the door open for HooDoo, before walking deeper inside. "Be right back. Make yourself at home." He said, before disappearing down the hall and into another room. The inside of the house itself was fairly large, and had a few children's toys scattered about. Most of the toys were meant for young foals, mainly because it was hard to find toys for children of Zed's kind. The young man slowly walked back out, gently carrying a one year-old child with Zed's same human-esque anatomy... the only difference was the pair of wings sprouting from the child's back.

"There's someone I want you to meet." Zed whispered to the boy, before sitting down on his knees, letting the child sit in his lap. The child looked up at HooDoo curiously, before giggling. Zed chuckled and stroked his cheek lovingly. "He... can't walk just yet. He has a muscle weakness in his back legs. Thankfully it's not permanent, though." He said, looking back at HooDoo, before gesturing to the child. "Come say hello."

• 3 weeks later...

((Sorry for such a late reply. >.< I didn't forget about this little jewel. :3))

Hoo marveled at the interior of the marvelous home upon their entrance. The marr absent mindedly nodded to Zed as he disappeared further into the home. The home was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside. Her hoof bumped into one of the foalish toys on the floor reminding her of the little one. Her attention turned to the father and son pair as they entered. A small smile graced her lips as the tiny angel giggled. The gingerly approached the two and sat down in front of them at a respectful distance. Her lavander gaze fell on the child and after moments of taking in his features, a light chuckle escaped. " Well, hello there little one." Her tone was surprisingly gentle almost motherly.

(It's all right! Also, awww. ^w^)

The small child smiled widely and let out a small but happy squeak in greeting, which stifled a small chuckle from Zed. He shifted the child's position on his lap a bit, gently combing his fingers through what little hair. "It just... makes me wonder..." He said softly. "My father has always been abusive towards me in my human life. Then I look at this child and think... how in all of creation can anyone be cruel enough to beat something as innocent and beautiful as this?" The young man's eyes wend downcast for a moment, before looking back up at HooDoo. "Would you like to hold him?"

Her attention flicked from the child to the older angel as he spoke. She frowned at this and nodded solemly in understnding. The mare remembered something of the sort being revealed to her when she pried in his memories two years ago. She agreed. It was baffling to think anyone could a raise a hand to something so pure. She snapped out her thoughts upon hearing his offer. "Oh, um..." It was surprising that he trusted her so. Hoo, a bit lost for words only nodded and held out her hooves for the transfer. "If that is alright." In truth as soon as she laid eyes on the one year old, she wanted nothing more than to hold him. The hypnotist had quite the soft spot when dealing with children. However, she held her calm demeanor and did not let her pure excitement show.

Zed smiled and gently lifted the child up and carefully handed him over into the mocha colored mare's outstretched hooves. "Feel free to mollycoddle him all you want. He loves attention." He said with a smile, almost as if he knew the major excitement that Hoo was holding back.

She carefully took the angel into her arms and expertly cradled him closer to her. Her giddiness bubbled out a bit as she glanced at Zed with a uncharacteristic bubbly grin before looking back to Alex. "Hm, you're quite the oddity aren't you, little love?" She spoke softly and ran a hoof through his hair and trailed it down his cheek. "But that is alright...it's creatures like us that make life so interesting." She cooed to the babe fully at peace. It was as if the world around her melted away along with her usual stony demeanor, the longer she gazed into those sweet eyes. She loved it and didn't want it to end. It didn't matter that someone was getting to see this side of her.

The small child smiled up ad Hoo, cuddling closely to her and settling comfortably in her hooves. "That's right." Zed said softly with a smile. "Hoo... I need you to promise me that you won't tell anyone about this." The young man's smile faded. "No one in this world is ready for something as big as this." He bit his lip, looking down at the child. "He's... more powerful than I am. And with how vulnerable he is, I can't let word get out that he exists... not until he's able to control the power he harnesses." Alex, unaware of the seriousness of the conversation, giggled and playfully grabbed at the hoof trailing down his cheek.

She allowed the boy to grab her hoof and gently booped him on the nose with it hoping to entice more of his cute giggling. Her smile faded a bit, her attention focusing back on the boy's father. She listened to his request quietly watching him. He seemed quite adamant about this. How much power did such a tiny thing as Alex have? Hoo glanced back down at the innocent being in her arms wondering just how dangerous he really could be. "Zed, I promise to keep his existence a secret." She replied looking back up. "I know it may have been hard to do this in the past but, you can trust me." Her gaze trained on him. "I haven't any interest in causing problems for him or you." She gave a grin. "Though, I found it hard to imagine something as tiny you to cause any problems." She cooed to the infant.

"That's because he's only a baby." Zed replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "When he gets older, more and more of his potential will be unlocked. I have no doubt that he'll take my place as a protector of this land after I... well..." He looked down, before erasing the thought from his mind. "Anyway, thank you so much. You have no idea how much that means to me." He smiled at the child still cradled in her hooves, who did indeed giggle cutely as she lightly booped him on the nose.

"Think nothing of it...it's the least I could do." She replied. The mare had caused so much trouble for him the past that she felt the need to make it up some how. His secret was safe with her. Besides she had a secret of her own and she would expect it to be kept that way as well. Should she tell? Hoo pondered the thought of telling the angel but decided against it. She shook the thought awat and shifted Alex into a more comfortable position being mindful of his head. This wasn't her first time handling something so small. "However, I do hope you understand that I'll have to come and visit him again." She playfully teased. This child. Within the few moments of meeting him, the mocha colored mare was already wrapped around his finger. "And if you ever need a sitter" She paused to stick her tongue out at the little boy in her attempt at making him laugh "I'd be happy to."

The child laughed as HooDoo stuck her tongue out at him, before letting out a small yawn. "You know, I think that would be a great idea." Zed replied, watching as the small child settled in her arms, looking rather tired. "With Thunder having to work and me running around fighting crime, it would be helpful to have someone here to watch him." He said with a smile. "Feel free to visit him anytime you want, if you're ever in the mood to hug and cuddle something. He seems to like you pretty well. I'll even pay you, if you'd like."

Hoo smiled as the child settled down in her arms. It seemed that their little play-time was drawing to an end with every yawn that sounded from him. "I would like that very much, Zed." She responded transfering her attention to him. In truth she needed all the bits she could scrape in. It was quite tricky to find jobs with such a questionable background and until her therapy career took off she would need another means of income. This could be it. The child seemed well mannered so, it wouldn't much of a chore to care for the baby. Her musings came to a halt upon remembering one very important factor. The child's mother. "Er...but before we go agreeing on anything...what of Thunder?" Two years ago she had tormented said mare as well. Zed may have forgivin her but, she was not so sure of the Pegasus. Oh, what was that saying again? Ah, yes.

No wrath could compare to a mare's scorn.

Hoo could sympathize with Thunder. If she came home to find her child ​in the hold of a past foe she would probably lose her mind as well. And Hoo rather not cross that bridge. She lacked in the brawn department after all and she didn't doubt that Thunder could most likely deal some damage.

Archived