<<<<TAKING THE SHIVERBANE>>>>

OOC

==========================================

RP Type: Basic, Linear Questline

Group Size: 2-4 Players excluding World-Master(ME GUY!!)

Difficulty: Very Difficult

Would Request players who will not play their Ponies like demi-gods.

RP Summary: This is a Ponified Prologue to the Dungeons and Dragons Campaign made specially by Myself called "Wintervale" an Ice Themed DnD Campaign that takes inspirations Primarily from Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.

The Campaign features an incredible Bestiary and over 100,000Sq Miles of Terrain to explore, Hundreds of Settlements and Dozens of extending Questlines(And hundreds of encounter-sidequests off the top of my Head) Including a long patch of Tundra Forest called the "Shiverbane" the southeast most portion of the "Frost Wastes" Which make up over half of the landscape and the Center of the Continent. It's a strip of deepwood that runs through a valley pressed up alongside the Warm Mountains that stretch north to east just south of the Shiverbane.

The Shiverbane acts as the only logical route to traverse through the FrostWastes that is not immediately fatal(weatherwise) The Frost Wastes however have been known to culminate bizarre and random Magical Occurances including Undead Wraiths, and from what the more experienced Stallions in your Platoon have rumored "Frigids" Which are said to be the long-time usurped residents of the whole of Wintervale. Through the Shiverbane lay 4 small, stone/wood forts lining the Valley of Ice that once acted as resting posts for weary, frozen travelors to stop in and rest. They were hoofed and well armed for the most part, usually supporting a platoon-sized element of soldiers to provide overwatch to the lands around them.

These forts have not been used in 3 decades. Having been abandoned or overrun by the cold and whatever monstrosities come from within it.

Where your Character Comes in!:  I have slots for 2 Fighters, 2 Rangers and 1 Mage(If nopony takes this. I will play the Mage actually canon to this bit of Lore). While I obviously won't make you all use the obvious weapon loadouts limited to this classes, I will definitely say this; Rangers best with Bows. Fighters best with Swords. That doesn't mean you can't alternate. I'd prefer you do! Make's it Trippy :3

Why Are you Here?! The Answer is simple. This is an alternate Storyquest. Whatever your OCs did before doesn't matter here. This is a completely different world with different Lore(Most of which won't matter here) This is not Equestria... but feel free to mention it I guess lol.

You are all Levy Soldiers and Enlisted Bannerponies under the Late Knight "Galmerhan", a Stallion who has made several journies beyond the Walls of the Rot and Frostwhim. He leads this expedition(Your characters and 200 other ponies) Through the blistering Cold in an attempt to Reclaim the forts and provide a usable trade Route by land rather than by Sea(Equally Hazardous through Winter Months)

This Roleplay begins shortly after engaging a much larger, opposing force of the mysterious and outwardly hostile "Frigids" a species of Pony that nopony actually knows whether or not they even ARE Ponies. They are Iceblue with commonly excess Facial and bodyfurs that is Snow White. With sharp(but not glowing) blue eyes; They are usually Earthborn or Unicorn.... Pegasi are Rare in Wintervale. Flying in the cold is hard.

Your small force of 200 engage in a battle who's numbers are bested 5-1 Resulting in a desperate retreat that scatters us; Presuming Lord Galmerhan perished during the battle you(This Particular Batch of 5) find yourself fleeing into the Shiverbane's deepwood.

3Days into the Cold. you are presumably lost, and desperate for survival. Food is in short supply between the lot of you. Your mage has done a decent job of keeping you all hospitably warm. But even his charisma is beginning to Fade. You are each roughed up, carrying mostly your weapons and frostburned rations. Huddled in during the blizzardous nights while you look for Shelter.

Beware; It is not just Frigids and Undead that roam these terrifying Wilderness. Wintervale's cold ecosystem will Eat you alive(quite Literally) If you are not careful.

RP SLOTS:

=========

Fighter 1

Fighter 2

Ranger 1

Ranger 2

Mage

(Scavenging)(Survival)(Desperation)(Action)(LORE Building)

Archived