a meeting of queens (Lyi and Cerali)

QueenCerali

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"She was...well...she had an interesting reputation.  She owned one of the larger Hives in Equestria, and ruled alongside her sister.  She...um...betrayed the Hive by selling its secret to Diamond Dogs, and was presumably killed for her traitorship.  Among Changelings, I carry many of her nicknames and titles: The Dirt-Blood, The Traitor's Child, The Banished Filly..."

Cerali looked at her. "really?" she said. the cave mouth had a hanging of magenta moss obscuring it from afar, and the stone glittered with amethyst that had been set into it. "we did try."

"oh, the inside is mostly the same, except with purple arcane lanterns." Cerali said, shrugging, as a purple changeling peeked out and saw them. "Queen! your'e back! how was your trip? and who is this?" 

the cave sloped downward, and after a few yards began to gradually widen, until the group reached a large entrance hall, where a few dozen changelings of similar color to Cerali lounged.

She gasped, once again.  She had never been to a Hive without either feeling unwanted, or being unwanted.  Never had she ever been invited to one as a guest.  She was...touched, "Thank you, thank you,"  without meaning to, tear sprouted in her eyes.

Cerali laughed. "short on normal food, I said. we aren't going to run out of love any time soon!" she said with a smile as they heard a squeak and a blue ball of fluff rolled into the room, then jumped on Cerali. Cerali giggled. "this is Floof. she feeds the entire hive for me."  "pbt!"

Floof gasped and licked her face. Cerali giggled. "yes, we have a fluffle, or floof. never was sure what their species was called. but Floof here is a great help to the hive" she said, nuzzling Floof.

Archived