a meeting of queens (Lyi and Cerali)

QueenCerali

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Floof nuzzled her happily, then slipped out of her grasp and rolled over to the shifters in the hall, who all began feeding off of her. "Floof can be rather busy sometimes" Cerali said, a hint of jealousy in her voice

Cerali nodded. "in a way, we are the hive of outcasts. I myself was actually from Chrysalis's hive, and many of those here who are not my children are friends from back then,"

She gasped, "You were FROM her hive?  How did you manage to leave?  There are a lot of nasty rumours going around about her...and being a part of no Hive means that I get to hear all of them,"

"I was born a queen, and she only just barely tolerated my presence anyway, so she didn't care that I left. she only found out a few days later that many changelings had followed me when I left" she said, trotting to the end of the entrance hall. 

"Clever of you...did they follow just becasue you were a Queen, or becasue they were loyal to you?"  She was very interested in the subject, gossip from other Hives further fueling this expedition.

"they were my friends, so partly out of loyalty, but it was also out of rebellion against Chrysalis. the fact that I was a queen made me the leader, though." she said, leading Lyi through the tunnel to a small room with 3 makeshift doors set into the walls.

She nodded, before examining the tunnels and doors, "Did you carve these all by yourself?"  Amazement filled her voice at the delicate architecture.  "I've never really been to a Hive like this before...,"

"a lot of it. the entrance hall is much bigger than it used to be, and we spent a decade carving out the living quarters." she said, opening the door to the left and stepping into a dormitory-like area with darkly colored bunk beds and an area with about a dozen and a half fillies colts playing. "this is where a lot of us sleep. the room on the opposite side is like this too"

She stared in amazement, and no words came from her mouth.  She ran a hoof along the study wall, reminiscing the lingering feeling of...home.  She began to whisper in nostalgia, "I never grew up in a Hive, so I never experienced the family and wonder that came with it.  I was considered an outcast among Changeling-because of my mother's traitor ship, my half-blood with the Crystal Ponies, and the fact that I was a simple mage-not a Queen."

"Ahh..." she said in agreement and understanding.  "So...have you met any...erm...cute 'Lings yet?"  She smiled.  It was something she always heard ponies talk about, but rarely Changelings.  She always thought that strange, considering how they fed on love.

Cerali nodded. "Floof is a neverending source of food for us" she said, chuckling a bit. " I don't think it'd be possible to share her though. she's stretched thin sometimes as it is. what little normal food we have here is for her."

She stared, searching her mind for a way to help her friend's Hive,"I can buy food for you guys!"  She said, hopefully.  She was afterall, a renowned designer in Manehattan. 

She beamed,"Is there a specific food that Floof eats?  I can get a lot of things, but I prefer not to go into the more...wild parts of Equestria.  I can't 100% guarantee that I'd be able to get food for Floof if it involve the Everfree Forest,"

Archived