a meeting of queens (Lyi and Cerali)

QueenCerali

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karaman looked at her. "what are we supposed to do? panic? besides, we're all used to this somewhat anyway. we're changelings remember? and most of us deserted from other hives, so we're used to being hunted."

"Bu-but...you're leaving everything you know?  I'd prefer to stay and fight..."  She looked at the Hive, "Though...that probably wouldn't be a good idea in this case,"  

She turned back to Cerali, "Where to, my Queen?"

She gave a sad nod,"I understand. I'm sorry for having to bring this terrible news to you, but I couldn't bear to see a Hive as fine as yours destroyed. Say? Do you have many young 'Lings in the Hive?"

Cerali looked back at them as they trotted through the forest. "yes. the original exodus from Chrysalis involved more young changelings than old, and ever since the number of young ones migrating to us has been greater than the number of old. sometimes they bring their families, as well"

"Well...at least the young ones can fight, right?  Or...do you mean young young?  Like moths-young?  Chrysalis-encasing-young?"  A worried look filled her eye, towards her friend with no army, and faced against the world.

Cerali sighed. "they are, for the most part, able to fend for themselves. however, some families did bring their infants" she said. "but we shall get by. the problem is finding a new hive."

"I know a place you can temporarily hide in-my skyscraper!  I can call up some people in the Crystal Empire for rooms, but you'll have to make sure that your disguises are kept well and good, "  she said, "Afterall, the Crystal Empire is ruled by Cadenza...and she had an interesting relationship a while back with Changelings,"

She stared and closed her eyes.  She took a deep breath, before facing her friend, "But...it would be better than nothing,"  Those Changelings would be left out in the Equestrian open, thrown away and cast away from society.  Mysterious and unknown.  This was the best Candles could offer-but it was better than nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

She looked at her friend, and reached over before giving her an awkward hug.  "It'll be okay, I promise,"  

She looked over at each of the Changelings, letting a pause form as she leveled each of them with specific eye contact, "Do they all know how to transform and have a disguise?"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She nodded.  "Where are you going to go?"  This was really the most unexpected timing.  Almost as if somepony had tipped them off.  She grimaced, trying to scavenge her mind for anypony who knew of her true disguise.

• 3 weeks later...

(agh! I didn't get a notification for your last post back when you posted it.... wow, I missed that for a long time....)

Cerali pursed her lips. "I think we'll take up residence in of the caves of the north"

Archived