Return of Sombra (Open)

Novaburst

Eyes ignited with green and reddish energy, a specific Unicorn who had battled Twilight before she had become a Princess entered Ponyville. This particular Unicorn was none other than the scourge of the  Crystal Empire, and the one who had oppressed them. Many titles had been given him, including Slaver King, or Dark Tyrant.  Eventually his survival might depend on him becoming an Alicorn if the Alicorns all ganged up on him in order to wipe him out. Given there were five of them, and more potentially coming down the line King Sombra was genuinely frightened. Envisioning the power of Five Alicorns pooled into the Crystal Heart brought a scowl to his face. Quickly dismissinf the thought,  King Sombra immediately started work on the crystals he had collected, molding them... shaping them and making a blade of sorts out of the crystals he had collected. But this wasn't an ordinary sword he was making, no.

It was a blade of dark magic,  capable of blocking the Rainbow Cannon.  His race the Umbrum wasn't going to fall victim to any of the Princesses or die because of weak concepts, like Friendship or Love. Growling, he channeled his pain, his anguish, his suffering. His loneliness was also channeled. As those negative emotions formed into a blade, the crystals levitated, merging with the outline to give the blade corporeal form, and make it able to affect the environment around it.   Sheathing the sword when completed he started to walk through Ponyville. "So this is the home of Princess Sparkle."

Shadow Cocoon has delightfully been walking into Ponyville for supplies before seeing a daunting figure and a small sigh escape her lips at the pony confronting him. "Darling we must call Princess Twilight and the Alicorns!" Shadow Cocoon was in her unicorn form before the Mare changed to her tall changeling form. Magenta wings, mane, tail and a fuchsia pink eye a companies her light grey to black ombre horn, which wasn't as jagged as Chrysalis, the lady had a small crown which was magenta and filled with small pearls. Shadow quite frankly didn't care about the fact she was a Changeling, most people already knew who she was considering she lived in the Everfree.

"Sombra? How did you escape, you should be gone, you were banned from these lands, why do you return?" She was biding time for the Alicorns but no doubt Sombra would've put a spell around Ponyville so no magic could get out or any pony could escape...or maybe not, she was rather hopeful he didn't.

The tall Changeling stepped next to the other pony with a small smile, he must be weak! Oh common no different than feisty Timberwolves? Right?

"Go ahead, call your precious Princesses. First,  I came to see why my old foe Twilight Sparkle has become an Alicorn. Sure I heard rumors, but they weren't very informative on the subject of HOW she turned from a powerful unicorn, bearer of the element of magic into an Alicorn."   To be honest,  Sombra was reluctant to battle Twilight Sparkle because now that she possessed the powers of an Alicorn, he'd need powers of his own that he didn't presently have. Given a lot of his magical energy was used to keep him alive and protected from a variety of diseases, not to mention the numerous enchantments on his boots King Sombra wasn't exactly up to his full potential presently. Sure he had a lot of power, but most of it was in use. 

Pain shot through his hooves as Sombra remembered what he was here for partially. Ponyville was the home of Princess Twilight Sparkle, meaning if he wanted to influence her to find a cure for Hoof Rot, making her home have similar symptoms should do the trick.

"As to how I escaped,  I have numerous contingency spells in place should anything happen to me. "  The pain was converted into anger and soon Sombra's eyes glowed pure black as the sword levitated in front of him, the one he had just made. "So tell me, Changeling. Have you ever experienced the pain of Hoof Rot before? Or has anyone here? If not, they're about to.  As I have neither the time, nor the patience to research a cure for that particular ailment, and the side-effects of it, I've decided to put the resident bookaholic Princess on the case.  Giving her a suitable incentive, by making her NEED to do something about it in order to save her home from what she will think is an outbreak of it.."

Sombra then started to speak.

"Well, time to get started making her believe this town has Hoof Rot."

Candles sighed.  Another typical day in Ponyville.  An Evil Tyrant King resurrected.  Storming the city.  Meh.  No biggie.  It was just the ol' chap Sombra.  Wait.  REWIND.  Sombra?  The half-blooded Crystal Pony danced upright from her layback, seated position and shrieked.  The memories poured onto her: her father dying in the magical explosion, her friends enslaved.  Anger boiled within her.  She saw a two other ponies on the street beside herself in the lazy afternoon-some stallion and a Changeling.  Like her.  But not really, because she was half-Crystal Pony.  She wasn't afraid of him, though.  She stared very, very hard at the sword he levitated to the Changeling.  The sword exploded.  Meh.  Just another one of her more practiced spells.  She was a mage, afterall. 

When the half crystal pony got herself angry, and attempted to blow up his blade,  King Sombra's eyes glowed as the explosion was trapped in a barrier and the sheer magical power of said explosion was absorbed by King Sombra directly into his body, because it was tainted by rage. 

Approaching the Crystal Pony,  the former tyrant of the Crystal Empire examined her for a moment. To blow up something formed of dark magic took a lot of power, and the potential to harness said magic yourself. To say he was impressed was not far off. Perhaps he had found one potential acolyte he could mold in his own image, and make into his perfect ally.

"I have a proposition for you, hybrid pony. You don't want me to take over the Crystal Empire, and I happen as of now, to require an apprentice. Your power is high, because you blew up a sword made almost entirely out of dark magic with your power. It also means you have the potential for dark magic. And don't worry, I won't be using you to hurt your loved ones.  Of course Princess Twilight, and her friends will soon learn an object lesson that they needed to be taught before they blast the baddie with magical relic of untold power of the month..."   King Sombra was quite tired of being blasted with the Crystal Heart, and Elements of Harmony.  Having heard of the Rainbow cannon the friends could do, he had no intention of being exposed by any means to such a blast of energy. Thus, the Princess and her friends must be stopped.

Archived