The Troubles of Traveling Musicians (Thunderbuck)

Blueblood

Buck was still asleep. His body hidden inside the cart had begun a change. His horn was longer now, curved with a hooked tip. Longer than before. His fangs hung out form below his lip this time. He hadnt sprouted the wings yet, but one could see the bulges forming where they would. His hooves appeared to have grown...pointy. Something akin to claws forming on the front. and on the back, he was obviously growing more muscular. 

But this was still not the full transformation. He was softly snoring. Unaware of the world around him. His ears lowered and relaxed. 

Tincho let CaramelCream indulge a bit. Paying for her meal as he smiled and watched the foal pick out the toppings for her food. He glanced at them, seeing them head for the cart. He had to keep Caramel away. At least until something was done. In case Buck had a full freak out. 

The Lanky Stallion's mannerisms did nothing to unnerve Flying Brick.  If anything, his rather prosaic attitude, as if he were contemplating nothing more outlandish than a particularly difficult plumbing problem, did much to relieve the mare's feelings of apprehension.  "Hooves-on is best method!  No problem ever posed that hard work cannot solve eventually!... as my father said when he have to build four-story building one brick at a time.  Hopefully not take quite so long as that, da?"

As she trotted over with him to hear his assessment, it occurred to her that they'd forgotten something.  "Eh, what is name?  Don't think we caught it."

Sky, meanwhile, having finished putting away his instruments, had sat down by Caramel Cream to eat his supper.  "Mmm, smells good.  Sweet potatoes are a favorite of mine!"  He had a sweet tooth that only a filly could rival, loading his own orange tuber with a load of cinnamon sugar.  Normally so much sugar before bed wasn't encouraged, but perhaps it would help take her mind off her uncle's plight.

With a gentle saunter in every step he followed the smaller ponies along. It was in his nature to retain an almost stoic if not blazen look upon his face to show how truly whimsical he of all ponies could become. It might have been a slight act but.. enlightening brought with it a brand of confidence in one's self that could have been bad or beneficial.

Umekile liked to think he measured it narrowly. It was a matter he'd had experience with. To quell the pseudo-common speaking pony, who's accent was somewhat silly to him - despite he himself having an odd slur - he did realize he'd neglected to give them his name, "Ah.", this was followed by a most gentle bow of his head, "I am Umekile, my friend.... But please. Call me Umek. And hopefully... It will not. But I've not found what causes him to alter every night... It is not so simple as a bite."

In fact there were very few versions of Batponies who could spread the ailment through a bite at all. It were normally an Arcane/Magical occurence. Perhaps an enchantment or an item... diseased fruit... even finding your flesh cut on the edge of an old artifact or sacred sentiment.

Buck lay still, but as the colt approached his eyes fluttered open. Looking sharply at the stallion before drifting closed again. Buck was still in that dream like state where he confused dreams and awake. his body was still changing. Soon the wings unfurled. shaking as they stretched and then closed around him. he shifted and soon his back legs jerked up. Gripping the roof of the cart and pulling him upside down. he clicked his teeth softly before muttering and drifting into a deeper slumber. 

Caramel was snacing happily. "mmmm i love anythign sweet!"

"Good to be meet, tovaritch Umek!"  Flying Brick clapped the lanky stallion on the shoulder, which must have felt like a blow from a half-brick in a sock.  The mare was many things, but hardly gentle.  Nevertheless, there was some tenderness visible in her eyes as she watched Thunderbuck.  The poor young stallion only wanted his sleep.  His tossing and turning was complicated by his transformation, but it was no less natural.

"Hmm..."  Brick muttered in a low voice.  "Perhaps should dig through supply cart.  Perhaps we pick up cursed merchandise.  But first, we talk to Sky.  He keeps some of Buck's instruments in mobile cloud house."

Sky would be waiting for them at the dinner table where, despite everything, he was enjoying himself.  "Anypony could guess from your name that you would."  He replied playfully to Caramel as he munched on his treat.

Archived