Coming to Fet Loch, The Tale of a Guard. (Partly open. See OCD first, or PM Thunderbuck)

BeGoneThots

Stormstride disembarked the train. She was feeling rather, refreshed. The crispness of the air was delightful. And her new armor was more fit to her body. They had insisted on insulation against the cold. But it didn't seem cold to her. It was... pleasant. Then again, she practically radiated magical warmth. Weather being her specialty, there was few situations that bothered her. As she stepped onto the platform, her bag settled on her back, held in place by a strap that closed magically. She had no qualms about displaying her skills in magical manipulation now. 

She smiled as she set her helmet on her head. first stop was the barracks. As she trotted down the street, she noticed several of the ponies that stood out. But she also noticed the looks she got. While a stallion in body, she was a mare in mind and spirit. And then she heard it. The sound of a fight. rushing forward, she saw two guards wrestling with what looked like a large pony. Smilng she set her bag down. Stepping in to the open area she whistled, drawing their attention. "Hoi! Pick on a pony your own size big fella." The pony smiled as the two guards stepped back. "Rookie, he aint as easy as he seems. just let us handle it. OK?" "heheh.... sure... You can handle it. You looked like you were doing fine." The both laughed. "You know what... Have at him." The big guy walked toward her. Then broke into a gallop. He was face to face with her. And stopped. His face was not angry or mirthful like it had been. He was, of all things shocked. This pony was no ordinary unicorn. Her armor arched with lightning. "Shall we dance My gentlecolt?" Her tone was smooth as fine silk. He backed up a step. Uncertain of taking her on now. "Nay. I think I'll stay with them.." She let her magic stop. "too bad. First day in and I was hoping for some fun." She stuck out her tongue at him and picked up her bag. The two guards and several others laughed. 

As she trotted off, she could hear them wrestling again. Oh well. At least she got a laugh out of it. As she rounded the corner she spotted the barracks. Once inside the turned in her papers and accepted her orders. She wasn't due to post for a few days. That meant she had time to settle in. Walking back out after setting her gear in her locker she carried her bag. Now wearing a simple cloak. Her makeup was simple, and practical. her eyelashes, were curled up. Her ear sported a new small gold ring. 

As she looked around she spotted a pony. "Um, Excuse me. I am new to Fet Loch. Can you help me out?"

post-10811-0-27649800-1452928320_thumb.p  How stormstride looks now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Meridian trotted down the road near the barracks. Her saddle bags were part way full from her shopping outing. Though her family grew much of the produce they needed on the farm, there were still items she needed to gather from town. It was a lovely day out! The sun was shining, the sky was clear, there were ponies brawling in the streets... wait huh? Meridian watched as an armored pony stopped two others from picking on a smaller pony.

"Well, glad to see there's ponies around 'er willing to stick up for each other," She commented to herself. As much as she would have liked to help out, those ponies were just so much bigger than she was. They probably wouldn't have listened. It wasn't too long before the armored pony had things under control. Meridian nodded and moved on down the block. 

She stopped to read a bulletin not far from the recruitment office when the same pony she had watched stop the scene before approached her.

"Um, Excuse me. I am new to Fet Loch. Can you help me out?"

Meridian eyed the pony, before speaking. "That depends on what kind o' 'elp you need now doesn't it?" She smiled and gave a friendly wink.

Meridian smiled again. It was always nice to meet a military pony. They always seemed so strong and helpful. The green mare was strong as well though she wasn't military. Her strength came from working on the family farm. In fact she was about to head back there. She figured it wouldn't hurt to invite as friend along. 

"Well, I'm born and raised from Fet Loch. I'd be happy to show ya the lay of the land. My farm isn't too far from here. Feel like droppin' in for a bite to eat and I can tell you about the town?"

"Certainly," Storm said softly. She shifted the weight of her pack. Unlike normal saddle bags, this pack was meant for long travel. It spread the weight evenly across her frame. She walked beside the mare, quietly looking around. Though the cooler temp didnt seem to bother her. Her accent was that of a pony from the lower latitudes. "My, I didnt think that a town like this would have existed this far north. I had heard of the Crystal Empire. But honestly I thought it was rather unusual that we didnt have much between Canterlot and there." 

As she walked, her hooves clicked the ground softly. If one where to look, custom horse shoes covered her hooves. Not the kind a guard would normally wear. These were padded at the bottom with something that looked like wood. "Must have some nice weather here." She suddenly commented. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived