Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"You're right. That's something even the Dragon Tongue can't do." Soul said in agreement. They had been walking for several hours and the sun was going on. "We may need to stop for the night soon." 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Agreed, we still have another days travel before we reach the forbidden forest, we'll need to be in top shape when we face the four baddies." Shadow said nodding his head. Down the road was an old shack that seemed to be abandoned, "We could use the shack for shelter, theres quite a bit of us so the Ladies get dibs." Trax told them as they came up to the shack. Black sighed, "Always the Gentelman, while the guys get the rough ground."

"Oh quit crying, Black. There's nothing like sleeping under the night sky." Kane said as he approached the shack. He went inside and used a light spell to see. The house was empty except for bits of trash and broken furniture. "It's empty. We should be good."

Black sighed but reluctantly went to make a comfortable spot to sleep. "I'll take first watch, and only watch, you all get your rest." He told them as he walked off to make a boundry check. Shade raised an eye brow, "Does he not want to sleep?" He asked curiously, Trax unrolled his blankets, "He's a Vampire, he doesnt need sleep." Tavi and Ally went into the shed as Hazel starred at Shadow as he walked, "A Vampire? Vampirac Magic."

Kane set up a hammock between two trees for himself and Autumn. Silverthorn went inside and unrolled her sleeping back. Soul sat on the porch of the shack and took out a pipe and some tobacco and began to smoke some of it. "I suppose we're lucky to have that kind of magic on our side, especially in the middle of nowhere at night." 

Trax yawned before laying down, "Yeah, Lucky for us." He mumbled before closinh his eyes.

Shadow landed on the tip of a tree balancing easily atop a thin branch, his amber eyes glowed in the night as he surveyed the area, enabling his vampirac eyes he could see lifeforms from miles away. Animals, the nearest village, camping bandits, and of course his own group by the shack. 

Shade and Black got comfy into their bags before falling asleep. Hazel, Tavi, and Ally were soon fast asleep in the shack from a long walk.

Kane and Autumn layed together in the hammock, soon falling asleep in each other's arms. Silverthorn soon fell asleep in her bag. Soul remained awake still smoking his pipe, taking in the cool night air.

Morning came with the glare of calming sun, Trax had awoken before the sun preparing the breakfast of eggs and deer meat. Hazel came out of the shack with a slight yawn, "Morning Trax, Shadow." She added as she realised he was perched on top of the shack above her, "Morning Archangel, fancy name but I suppose it fits alright." He replied with a simple wave. Tavi and Ally came walking up to them with towels around their necks, "Thanks Shadow for the heads up about the waterfall." Tavi said dipping her head to him, Shadow smiled with a thumbs up.

A few minutes later Autumn and Silverthorn also returned from the waterfall. "Wow, that was way more refreshing than the showers at school." Silverthorn said with pleasure. Soul had been up for hours and was meditating nearby. Kane soon came back from taking a morning run. "You know, when all hell isn't breaking loose, we need to do this again. This is actually kind of nice." 

"Agreed, but next time I'll let these two sleep in." Hazel said as she started to conjur a sword but Black and Shade woke up at the mere sound sitting stright up and wide eyed in terror. Trax smirked surpressing a slight chuckle, "Breakfast is ready, eat up quick." He said taking his and Souls share  and walking over to join Soul. Shadow starred at Silverthorn as he could smell her blood, as well as everyone elses, it drove him mad but he remained laid back and calm.

Soul came out of his meditative state and took his share from Trax. "Thank you friend." He said kindly. Silverthorn saw Shadow staring at winked at him. Kane kissed Autumn quickly as he sat down to eat.

Shadow raised an eyebrow in confusion before looking away. "Shadow tells of a half days walk to the location. My teleportation has a longer range if I have something with my Magic Signature on it, placed there already. I can travel a greater distance in half the time if I go alone." He said before taking a bite of his meal.

"Do you think traveling alone is a good idea?" Kane asked before taking a bite. "I don't doubt you can handle whatever comes in your way, but the closer we get to these guys the more danger we could be in."

Trax threw down a nordic dagger, the handle was inscribed with nordic lettering of Traxs name, "At any time the situation becomes too much for me to handle, I can teleport back here in an instant. According to our Vampirac Friend, we're in a bit of a race with these Four, any amount of time saving should be taken advantage of." As he spoke, Shadow appeared from the shadows of the shack standing upside down from the overhand of the small shacks patio, "He makes a point, these Four are each to Soul and Trax, hence they move at a faster rate than we." Shade clapped a little, as Black shivered getting the creeps.

Trax nodded back before taking his last bite and flickering off, Shadow caught his plate and silverware cleanly, "He's mastered the Teleportation spell well hasn't He?" He asked non chalantly, during their fight years ago, Trax had landed some pretty destructive hits on Shadow using his Teleportation Spell. Shadows own Vampirac Magic was even overwhelemed multiple times by Souls Dragon Toungue, but in the end if Blade hadnt intervened when he did, who knows. Hazel stared at Shadow and Soul, "Its hard to believe that Shadow almost overpowered Soul and Trax, and that we're about to combat against four that almost killed Shadow and took his arm off. I gotta say though I welcome the challenge, I'm a little uneasy." Her words brought clarity to Tavi and Ally who decided to take this mission more seriously by mentally and physically preparing themselves. 

"You're right to be uneasy." Soul said finishing his meal. "These are powerful people we are dealing with. But that doesn't mean we have to be afraid. That's when you've already lost."

Blade stood in one of the research labs watching the stone floating in a magical seal. The runes on the stone were lighting up at random. "Interesting. The highlighted runes form a pattern. It's as if the stone is speaking."

Black and Shade swallowed nervously but nodded, Hazel let out a calming sigh to sooth herself. There were things she needed to solve out if she wished to be at her best.

The stone suddenly pulsed loudly as the door opened, Caesar walked in waving to Blade, "Yo, hows it coming along?" He asked raising his voice as the stone started to vibrate louder and louder as Caesar came closer.

Soul got up and held his hands out, conjuring two long sticks that formed into wooden sparing staffs. "Well, while we're waiting, there's no reason why we shouldn't keep our skills honed." He tossed one of them to Black un expectantly. While taking a stance with the other. 

Blade quickly waved a hand over the stone causing it to disappear and return to Blade's personal magical plane where it was secure. "What do you want, Caser? I'm busy." 

Black threw the staff to Shade then formed a large halberd, "Come on Shade lets show him we can run with the best!" He said charging Soul. Hazel went to a rock and started stretching, Tavi and Ally started running through their weapons drills. Shadow yawned and went to sit down against the shack.

Soul yawned before smacking Black in the head knocking him down in a split second. "Well try harder than that, I need the exercise too."

((Was Caeser still talking to Blade?))

Caesar put his hands up in defense, "Woah whats with the third degree, I was just asking how you're research was going." As Caesar spoke, the stone still vibrated to the point where Blade could feel it.

Black groaned but flipped back up forming to ice greatswords and charging again, Shade stood by reluctantly wanting to get involved. 

"I'm not stupid, Caeser. You've been shady about this thing since we first uncovered it." Blade said with a glare. "You do realize this thing is dangerous right?"

Soul whispered a word from the dragon tongue and the training staff suddenly ignited with embers. He parried with Black's sword causing them to melt slightly and knocked him back with a wind spell from his other hand. 

"Oh I'm well aware." Caesar sighed, "Blade, you're going to figure it out sooner or later so I might as well come clean." Suddenly Caesar lit his hand up with magic and jabbed it into mid air creating a hole in space, his hand went in and pulled out 12 other stones identical to Blades. Then with his other hand, waved it over his body showing a magic image of 12 more, "Long ago I was on a mission to complete a simple killing of a terrorizing Frost Troll, at the time I only knew flame spells, so it should have been fairly easy. Even for the First year student I was, you see I had little magic power and even with training I was'nt amounting to anything. Oddly enough when I arrived, the troll was dead, and I was faced with a Dragon who's wings were as black as Night. I stood no chance and was blasted off the mountain Mercilessly. All I remember, was muttering, and 12 stones above me. I had 12 stones somehow implanted in Me, their infinite power was mine to control, but I also saw how this could be against Me if people knew. Through my travels I've found 12 more. Blade, I know first hand what these stones can do, the danger and despair they can bring."

Black slid across the ground on his face, "Ow." Hazel shook her head, "Charging him head on isnt going to get you anywhere Black." Black shook his head and growled, "Oh yeah, watch me!" He charged Soul again forming two  Giant great swords.

Blade was silent for a moment as he took in this revelation. "Caeser, why haven't you told anybody about this? You have half of the stones on you alone, what if something happened to you and the wrong people got their hands on them?"

Soul yawned as he effortlessly burned through the two ice swords before bashing Black hard on the head and striking him in the chest knocking him back. "Welp, I've killed Black three times over already. Anybody else want to try?" 

Archived