Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Soul weakly grabbed Trax's shoulder. "It was my time, old friend. I have to leave." He said weakly pull Trax towards him. "Take care of Twilight for me...and tell Kane to travel north, to the Great Mountain..." He coughed up some blood as his body seemed to glow. "My time has come...the dragon calls..." Suddenly his body glowed brightly as the spirit of a dragon emerged from his chest and took off into the sky in a beautiful display. Soul's body stopped glowing as he felt limp in Trax's arms. 

Nergal saw the dragon emerge into the sky. "Moving. Though the dragon tongue users have to do everything so dramatically." He turned to the servant and nodded. "Bring Black to me. We're done here." He said as he snapped his fingers, suddenly causing all of Moonshield's battlemage battalion to drop dead. "Come, Slipknot. We have work to do." He said as they all disappeared.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trax stared down at Soul in horror, "Soul? ... Soul... No..." He hugged his friend tightly as Laxus arrived. Instantly Laxus knew what had happened, he glanced around not sensing the other members of the circle, which meant they were dead.

Shadow was on a knee panting heavily, Infernos held a flame at the ready then something snapped his attention, but it wasn't his brother leaving. Suddenly Infernos flew back crashing against surface of earth, he recovered sliding on his feet then was forced down hard into the ground, the force so great it turned half a mile into a deep crater. Infernos stood up un harmed but was a little taken back by the event, he looked up seeing a figure descend down through the smoke, "So, you must be the so-called, Hyrbrid Theory." The smoke cleared revealing Caesar with a very serious look, his face almost contorted with anger. Infernos grinned slightly, "Caesar Valentine."

Blade slowly limped towards them as he saw Soul's lifeless body. "Soul..." He said quietly, finally falling to the ground because of his grevious wounds. Moonshield lay on the ground severely wounded as he looked over in horror at all of his slaughtered men before looking to Soul's body. His vision slowly faded as he lay in pain. 

Laxus zipped over to Moonshield to help him up as Shadow appeared picking up Blade and throwing him over his shoulder, Trax sat with Soul in his arms, frozen with grief. Infernos skidded to a halt nearby, for the first time, he had been a little roughed up here and there. Caesar levitated down in front of him, "I dont know whats happened to you Flint, but I will protect my comrades, regardless who the threat is." He said darkly raising his hand, suddenly every weapon on the battlefield rose up, pointed straight at Infernos. Shadow was amazed at such power he was feeling, very few had ever seen Caesar fight seriously, and usually those who do dont live to tell about it. Infernos smirked and stood up straight, "My Kin have already left, and I shouldnt keep them waiting. I'll be for another round." His body suddenly burned away in ash and was whisked away into the wind. Caesar turned to his friends with a sad expression, "I'm sorry I didnt make it in time." He told them as his eyes fell on Soul, Trax shook his head weakly, "No... He knew it was his time..."

Blade closed his eyes as a few tears fell from his eyes. "Did...did he say anything before he died? Anything about...you know, his powers? He was the only one who could help Kane control his, but now what?"

Trax stood up with Souls body, "Kane is to travel to The Great Mountain, and I will make sure he makes it there." Caesar nodded respectively, "You all head back and report whats happened, I'll gather our dead." As he spoke, he began levitating nearby bodies of the battle mages. Trax dropped one his kunai knives, instantly a black shadow spread out beneath them teleporting them in a flash. 

They appeared in the courtyard of the Institute, nearby students gasped in surprise then in horror as the saw how few there were and their wounds. A few Teachers began ushering the students away and calling for the doctors. Ally came rushing out but froze and put her hands over her mouth as she saw Souls lifeless body in Traxs arms, "... No..." Hazel watched from the second floor balcony, her eyes wide in horrow, but flames of anger raged behind them.

Twilight's cries could be heard from her chambers as word quickly spread about Soul's death. Kane couldn't take his eyes off of Soul's body. Soul had been there for Kane since his first year, and he had always taken care of him and helped him with classes and learning magic. He was the only one who could help him learn to control his dragon tongue abilities. "Who did this...?" Kane asked, still in shock at what he was seeing.

Trax was wondering that himself, who had pushed Soul to using that kind of Shout? Shadow held out his hand under Souls head and whispered an enchantment, suddenly a shadowy sphere appread above replaying Souls last vision. Trax's eyes went wide with rage, Laxus cracked the ground beneath his feet as they saw Souls killer. Black Star was using his Fear spell on Soul, Soul noticing he'd killed the other Circle Members, and then came the Shout. "Black Star, I'll tear you apart for what you've done!" Traxs tone was a deep growl as some of the Nine Tails' power leaked out, his blue eyes now red with black slits. Caesar appeared before them catching the replay of the vision befor it disappeared, his face anguish grew grim with anger and despair. "They've struck a horrific blow, but we must not waver. Let this drive us forward, to victory." 

Tavi held onto Twilight tightly, she felt so much grief for her dear friend, she couldn't imagine losing Trax like this. Sun sat by holding Twilights hand, she used a bit of her Sun magic to give her warmth but knew it wasn't going to fill the hole in Twilights heart.

Kane still could not stand to hear of Soul's fate. A fellow student and Circle member betrayed him and joined a demon lord. Kane remained silent as he tried to look away from Soul's body but couldn't. "He was the only one who could help me..." 

Deep beneath the ground, Nergal watched a large pit of green fire as his minions tried to retrain demons that were coming out of it. He turned to a servant next to him. "Go find Black Star, see how he is recovering. I want to put him to use as soon as I can. And the other one, Infernos. Bring him to me as well." 

"Thats not true, you have me, Soul told me where you need to go. I promised him I'd get you there, at the cost of my life." Trax said as he laid Souls body down.

Infernos appeared in a flare of fire, "I am not some pawn for you to control Brother, I may be younger but I am just as powerful as you are." He said angrily.

Kane felt some relief from Trax's words, but was still full of fear for what could lie ahead. "Thank you Trax...Soul will be avenged."

Nergal rolled his eyes, not moved by Infernos hostility. "Don't pretend you are my equal." he said coldly looking back to the pit. "That student that was killed, the one with Dragon Tongue, he was Soulscream, a member of the Circle. The student you once were hated him, did you not?"

Infernos shrugged, "That was not me, the guy you're talkin about is but ash right now. Hardly a shadow to me. But yeah I guess the poor lad Flint did resent Soulscream to an extent, something about some lass. Why?"

Nergal smirked slightly. "Just making sure you won't have a problem when we kill her. After I raise my demon army and crush the Institute, I'm going to burn Canterlot and destroy the princesses. If you have no feelings for Princess Sparkle then we have no problem." 

Suddenly Infernos's body flared up in hellfire, Flint appeared in the fire with a mad anger on his face, "DONT YOU TOUCH HER!" His deep growl echoed around the cavern. Then as quick as it happened, the hellfire and Flint vanished away. Infernos stood rubbing his head with a smile, "Whoops, guess the little brats got some strength left." He chuckled innocently. The ground around the was now scorching lava and the cavern ceiling above dripped down smoldering rock, a few minions nearby were also turned to ash with their shadows imprinted on the cavern walls.

Nergal rolled his eyes and sighed as he lowered the protection spell he had casted in a split second to protect himself. "You make sure that Flint stays dead. I'd rather not waste time having to destroy you as well after I kill the princesses. Now go find Slipknot, I have a task for you two." 

Infernos shrugged and walked off, "Hey Slippy! The Boss wants us!" He said sarcastically.

Trax packed the rest of his clothes into his bag and tied it up, Tavi put a hand on his shoulder, "Trax... If you need to talk to someone..."

"I'm fine Tavi, Soul died doing what he believed." Trax told her as she slung the bag over his shoulder. Tavi sighed and grabbed hers as well, "Well I am here for you deary, I want you to know that." Trax put his hand on her face looking into her eyes, "I know..." He whispered before kissing her.

Hazel walked towards the gate with Black by her side, "This should be a fun trip, that mountains supposed to be filled with dangerous creatures." Black breathed out a frosty breath, "Nothing we cant handle right?"    

Slipknot soon appeared and shot a glare at Infernos before looking to Nergal. "You called, my lord?" He asked kneeling. "Indeed. Tell me, are either of you familiar with the ancient stones of power used by the Maveris civilization?" 

"Not if you're ready for them." Silverthorn chimed in as she arrived at the gate, with Blade following. "Pleasant trip or not, what's important is that we get Kane there safely. Soul's dying wish was for him to get there, and we have to make sure it happens." Blade said, who now had a long scar crossing his left eye from the battle.

Flint shrugged, "Vaguely. Though now that you mention it, that Caesar guy from the Institute practically radiated the same magic energy as the stones. What about them?"

Hazel nodded in agreement then looked past them to see Shadow walking towards them with Shade and Ally behind him. "I thought you werent coming?" She asked curiously. Shadow shook his head, "Still aren't, these have asked that I take them in as pupils of mine. We are off to train." He responded cooly. Hazel raised an eyebrow at him then glanced at Ally, but she wouldnt meet her gaze, "You do realize that Caesar will end you when he finds out about this."

"My Brother will respect my wishes, I am my own person with my own choices to make." Ally snapped with annoyance. Hazel bit back a retort, "I didnt mean it like that Ally, but if this is what you want." Ally nodded, "This is what I need." Shade glanced at Black and gave him a thumbs up before catching up with Shadow and Ally. Trax and Tavi came walking up a second later, Hazel looked at him with her arms folded, "Did you know?" She asked challengingly. Trax just starred ahead as the trio grew smaller in the distance, "As sad as it is to see them go, they have made their choice. It is our duty to honor that choice. But," His hand balled into a fist, "An eye will be kept on them at all times." He added seriously. Tavi glanced around as she held Traxs hand, "Wheres Kane?"

"Caeser Valentine, and another Circle member by the name of Gleaming Blade, have possession of many of the stones. Blade has been researching them and is gaining more knowledge every day. You two are going to stop him and bring back what knowledge he has." Nergal told them.

Kane eventually arrived to the gate with Autumn, both of them ready to begin traveling though the mountains. "I'm here. I appreciate that you all wish to help me on this journey. I'm glad I have all of you." He said kindly. Although he appeared normal, his eyes showed that the pain of Soul's death was still present.

Flint shrugged, "Blade, easy. Caesar, thats a different story. I felt his magic power, a fight between us would be... Destructive."

"A fight between you would equal a quick demise for you." The voice cane from behind Nergal as the shadowy shape appeared from the ground, "Caesars abilities are emensive, and with 12 stones implanted in him, as well as another dozen at his disposal. He is... How would you say... OP. If you want the stones, we must find his weak point."

Nergal turned to the stranger who appeared before them. "We have a visitor it seems. Another dark being perhaps..." he said. Slipknot scowled at the newcomer. "You know nothing of our power. We can destroy all who oppose us!" 

The Shadowy figure ignored Slipknot, "My Lord, we must tread lightly when dealing with the Caesar. However, as we speak, Blade and others are heading out to the tallest Mountain. But he is also in the company of the Nine Tails, Nameless Trax. I would suggest seperating them." Flint rubbed his chin in thought, "The Nine Tails, didnt you face him before you created me into what I am now, Brother?"

Trax placed a hand on Kanes shoulder, "We are here for you Kane, never forget that." He turned to the others, "Let us be off, we haven't much time." He cast his teleporting circle around them before they all flickered away, reappearing just within sight of the mountain, "This is as close as I can get us, but it's still a few days journey."

• 2 weeks later...

Nergal was silent for a moment. "A bearer of the stones and the Nine Tails, and from what I understand a boy who is naturally gifted in Dragon Tongue and trained by Soul, all together. Such power all in one place. We must separate them." 

Kane looked up the mountain, noticing it was still partially covered in mist. "Guess we better get going then." 

"Indeed My Lord, if I may, I will show Infernos and Slipknot the way." The Shadowy figure said with a curt bow, "Also, Blackstars recovery and enhancments are going well, his body takes well to Black Magic."

Trax started forward at the lead, followed by Tavi and Blade at his sides, with Kane in the center of the group as the others followed. Hazel held up the rear.

"Excellent. Go now and bring chaos." Nergal commanded to the rest of them. Slipknot eyed the figure suspiciously before following him as Nergal commanded.

The mountain range they were in was beautiful and continued to look beautiful the higher they went. "It's almost like we disappeared from the world for a while." Autumn said as they continued.

Archived