Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

The Shadowy figure grinned as he looked at Infernos and Slipknot before they vanished in a shadowy fog. Meanwhile, Blackstars painful howls sounded from down a cave path.

Trax kept his eyes ahead, often glancing to either side. Tavi was keeping aware of her surroundings, but her gaze lingered to Trax every so often. Hazel kept glancing back behind them, her job was the rear, and that she would protect. Black hummed a toon as he walked along with them, "I like these kind of adventures, always so bonding, especially when its new."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nergal turned and headed down the path leading to where Black was. "You are a fool, Black Star." He said as he entered and saw Black's beaten body. "You were so confident in your power that you believed you could challenge the Dragon Tongue. He may have died, but you may have joined him in death." 

As they climbed the mountain, the group came across a massive collective of stones blocking the path. In front of the stones were a small inscription that looked like dragon tongue. "Looks like your first test Kane." Kane sighed nervously as he walked up to the rocks. He closed his eyes as his eyes faintly glowed. He suddenly spoke a word and the rocks suddenly shattered into a pile of dust, clearing the path.

Black Star withered in pain as the demons around him cast their magic upon his battered body. A small imp like demon waddled over to Nergal, "His treatment is going Sire, another day and he will be ready to serve you again. Any requests regarding his treatment, or uprades?" The little demon rasped.

Black raised an eyebrow in surprise, "Well dang, whisper of the great Kane can cause boulders to crack and crum-" He was interrupted as Hazel hit him over the head, "Job well done Kane, Soul would be proud." She told him as Black rubbed his head and gave Hazel a snooting look. Trax stepped forward, "Lead the way Kane, we have your back, should you need us."

• 1 month later...

"He has no need for upgrades, his power is already significant enough to serve me. Just make sure he is well enough to fight." Nergal said as he began to turn away. "When he's fully recovered, bring him to me. I need to make sure he know's who his master is."

"Thank you friends. I am lucky to have all of you." Kane said with a smile as he took Autumn's hand and they continued on.

The demon bowed obediently, "Yes My Lord, as you command my Lord."

Trax followed behind Kane, for a moment, he thought he saw Soul walking there instead. He smiled and dipped his head down so no one could see his single tear being shed, Tavi glanced at him and smiled slightly, 'you big cry baby' she thought teasingly. Hazel wondered how Oakly was doing in Prison, probably sulking in bearing the remmorable pain of all the sins he's committed, but she still wished him happiness above all else. Black trekked alongside them with a relaxing cool stride, enjoying the cold mountain breeze.

Caesar stood with Laxus in the Princesses room, discussing their plan of action against the rising demon numbers, and the loss of some of their most powerful students. Tia and Luna remained calm for the most part, but everyone could see their fear for the future of the Institute. All three princesses were shocked to hear that this Infernos, was really Flint, though how was still unknown.

Far far away, Shadow sat on a window sill, enjoying the calm breeze as it rolled in. Behind him, Ally and Shade withered in agony on the floor, a bowl of Shadow's blood was spilled nearby. "Our paths have been set, crucibles lay in wait ahead, only time will tell who lives... and who Dies."

Atop a mountain peak, Infernos crushed a skull under his foot as he posed to feel the wind, "Yes, I can sense it! I can smell burning corpse on the horizon Boys, lets get to cookin'!" He roared hungrily as Slipknot and the Shadowy Figure stood behind him, both already beginning to hate being on this mission with Infernos.

Twilight couldn't say anything for several moments, feeling guilt that she may have had something to do with Flint turning to evil. "It's because of me...I hurt him, and it led to this."

Slipknot rolled his eyes. "By all means, let them know we're coming why don't you." He scoffed. 

Blade stopped and looked in the distance, feeling as if something was wrong. He hear faint explosions in the distance. "Do you guys hear that?"

Tia and Luna looked at Twilight in confusion, not knowing what she meant. Laxus and Caesar glanced at eachother, she spoke reason but both knew it was something more. Flint left on his own accord, not because of what happened years ago, even if Black tortured him with his fear spell. "You shouldn't be hard on yourself My Lady, what happened to Flint is your fault." Caesar told her.

Trax paused to look out into the vast expanse of land, Tavi glanced around as Hazel cuffed her ears to hear better. Suddenly another rumbling noise sounded behind them, everyone turned backto see Black hold his stomach, he grew bright red in embarrassment. "Sorry..." Hazel facepalmed herself before hitting Black over the head, Trax shared a glance with Blade, only the two of them could tell it wasn't just Blacks stomach. They were being followed.

"It's a long story...I know he turned on his own, but I still know he still bears the pain of what happened between us." Twilight said with a sigh. "Years ago he was in love with me...and then he found out I was with Soul. He didn't take it well..."

Blade looked at Trax with concern before conjuring a bow. "Keep moving, I'll check it out."

Tia and Luna exchanged surprised glances, "That explains why he left on a break, but what turned him into this... Monster... er..." Tia stuttered on the name till Luna said something. "You mean Infernos?"

"Yes that name!" Tia exclaimed pointing her index finger in the air. Laxus sighed, "The fact still remains, he's a threat to the school and it students. Caesar, I'm afraid I have to ask you to stay here till the threat is passed." He said turning to the young man as he was half way out the window, Caesar stepped back in clapping his hands together with a big smile, "Sure why not." Laxus groaned as Tia and Luna facepalmed themselves.

Trax nodded before summoning a clone next to him, "If theres any trouble, my clone will teleport you back to us." Hazel raised an eyebrow in curiosity, if it was Blacks stomach, why would Blade offer to... Then it hit her, they heard something the rest of them didnt. Hazel looked at Tavi, she was the same year as Blade and was the third most powerful in terms of raw power in their group. But she didnt hear it either, yet she remains calm, trusting Trax and Blade. Hazel now looked at the two strongest in their group, realizing how large the gap was between them and the rest of the group. "So this is what it means to be in the Circle..." She whispered under her breath.

"We have to find him before his destruction spreads. When the others return from the mountain, we should send them to find him. I have to see him alive. I have to know if..." Twilight began but trailed off, the subject being hard for her to talk about.

Blade nodded before turning to walk in the direction of the noise with the clone following him. Silverthorn saw Hazel watching him. "Something wrong, Hazzy?"

"We'll get Flint back Twily, you can count on his friends to do exactly that. I can still remember the day those three became friends, Soul, Trax, and Flint were practically inseparable. Trax won't let Nergal take Flint away from us, you'll see." Tia reassured her with a hug. Laxus rubbed his chin in thought, he never tested Infernos's power, but he could feel it clear as day. "For the time being, we should address the schools defenses and threat procedures. The students must be ready."

Hazel shook her head clear, "Nothing, just had a big slap of reality is all." Trax turned around to Kane, "Continue on Kane."

Twilight sighed and composed herself. "Right. Moonshield's still injured from fighting Nergal, and he lost most of his strongest battlemages in the battle, so we need to do something about our defenses." 

Blade had walked a few miles before seeing three figures in the distance. He quickly ducked behind a large rock and watched them. One of them was throwing fire spells around unlike anything Blade had ever seen.

Caesar sighed, "Alright alright, you all focus on the students and such, I'll take care of the rest." He told them walking out. Laxus huffed, "He always was a confident one, then it's settled, I'll let the teachers know that defense and battle is what they should focus on for the time being." Tia and Luna nodded in agreement.

Infernos watched as he turned a frost troll to ash, "Hardly a fraction of my fire, come on, isn't there something out here worthwhile?" He boomed loudly. The Shadowy figure sighed before pointing ahead of them about 600 meters, "There was a person who ducked behind a rock just 600 meters out, perhaps you can ask him?" Infernos lot up with excitement, "Really? Finally a human being for once. HEY YOU PETTY HUMAN! COME ON OUT AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND I PROMISE I WONT BARBECUE YOU!" He roared out.

There was silent for a while until suddenly a conjured arrow with a stun spell hit Infernos in the back knocking him to the ground temporarily paralyzed. Blade had teleported behind them and neutralized Infernos. He quickly teleported again some feet away and began to run. "Trax, I need your clone to get me out of here." He said telepathically.

Suddenly the Shadowy figure materialized from the shadows below reaching for Blade, but before he could touch him, Blade flickered away again. "That was a close one, warn the group, I'll buy you some time." Traxs clone told him as he had teleported Blade further away, the next second Blade was gone again and reappeared at Traxs side with the rest of the group.

Traxs clone turned only to face Infernos in a fiery rage, "You think you're ahead just cause you warned them? I say good, I like it when my prey runs." 

Blade fell to his hands and knees breathing heavily. "What happened Blade? What did you see?" Kane asked. "Trax, we have company." He said looking to the younger students. "You guys need to go. Now."

Trax nodded to Tavi, "Lets go dearys, up the mountain, double time it." She said ushering the group up the path, Trax turned around conjuring his infamous bow in his left hand, his eyes lit up with white aura. "Blade, ... don't hold back..." He drew his bow summoning forth a conjured arrow, "Because they won't." With that he fired his arrow out and down the mountain. 

Infernos paused halting the trio near the base of the mountain, he put his hand above his eyes to blot out the sun, "I spy with my little eye-" He was cut off as the conjured arrow stuck just in front of them and erupting in a massive explosion of void energy. A few seconds later, Infernos pushed a slab of rock off of him, "That actually stings a bit." He groaned as he dusted off the lingering void energy from his arms and legs. The Shadowy figure merely rose up from the ground like a wrath, "He is definitely not one to take lightly, he must die first if we are to complete our objective."

Blade conjured a sword in one hand as his other hand glowed with lightning. "They won't take us today."

Slipknot began to summon two powerful spells in his hands. "We found them. Let's complete our mission and destroy them,:"

Trax let loose another volley before dispelling his bow and conjuring forth a large scythe, "Its been awhile since I last held this..." He whispered as he twirled it around effortlessly, "Still feels good. Lets go."

Infernos jumped up the mountain dodging around Traxs volley of void energy arrows, suddenly a purple scythe sliced through the smoke, sending Infernos flying back down the mountain. The Shadowy figure hovered over the surface like a ghost before stopping as Infernos flew past him, he looked up seeing Trax wielding a large conjured scythe, "The Blue Eyed Reaper, ... Finally." Infernos stood up unharmed but a little dizzy, "Hello Misery, yes I'll take two specials, with a side of Did-not-see that-one-coming."

Meanwhile far up the mountain, Tavi ushered the group further up, "Keep moving dearys, first one to the top wins a big kiss yours truly." She wasn't sure why that had to be the prize but she was desperate at this point, suddenly the group was blasted with snow as Black sped ahead without warning, "HeII yeah!" He yelled out. Hazel stood bleakly for few seconds, "He's the exact opposite of his element, true form of irony."

Blade blasted Slipknot with a lightning spell knocking away before he countered with two powerful fire spells. Blade deflected them with the conjured sword and slashed at Slipknot who parried the strike with his own conjured sword.

Kane heard explosions and turned to look back in the distance. "Our friends are in trouble..." He said to himself, about to turn back and join the fight. He was stopped when Autumn grabbed his arm. "They're members of the circle, they can handle themselves. You still have a job to do, Kane. You still have a destiny." Kane was silent for a moment before sighing and joining them again as they traveled.

"Also I'm pretty sure Trax will have your head for going against Souls last wish." Hazel reminded him, she also wanted to go help, but knew they were far out of her league. Tavi's hand balled into a fist's, Hazel nearly tripped over a rock as she felt Tavi's aura explode outwards. Hazel glanced back at the older Student, she was strong enough to hold her ground, but she was told to get them to safety. Blacks cry from far above caught their attention, "HEY, THERES SOME KIND OF STONE BUILDING UP HERE!" 

Trax clashed with the Shadowy Figure in a fury of slashes, he jumped back dodging a firey blast as Infernos rushed in wildly, "I roast you alive Traxy!" He growled angrily. Trax stood unamused as he sliced the air with his scythe sending out a wave of void energy at the two demons. The Shadowy figure sunk into the ground while Infernos lit his claws ablaze and sliced through the wave. Infernos sucked in, "Fire Devil's," Trax stepped back uneasily, 'Thats just like Flint's Fire Dragon technique, is this what his magic was turned into?' He thought to himself worridly. "RAGE!" Infernos blew out a firey storm which tore apart the landscape of the mountain side as it roared towards Trax. The Circle member didnt move as he blocked the blast with his scythe, "I've faced Flint and beat him, you demon trash." He said coldly as he braced the firey inferno, he slid back slowly before he released his scythes void energy and canceled out Infernos magic. His victory was cut short as Infernos sped past him, slicing his side with four burning claws, "How many times do I need to tell you humans, I am nothing like Flint." He said icily. Trax gasped in shock as he fell to his knees, his scythe was dispelled as Infernos's foot slammed into his face sending him crashing over the rocks. The Shadowy Figure appeared behind Infernos, "I'm going on ahead, I'll make sure I save some of them for you." He rasped before vanishing away. Infernos waved him not caring, his attention was on killing his current opponent.

"That must be the temple!" Autumn said. Kane took a last look back as the mist of the mountain rolled in until it finally eclipsed the battle from view. Kane sighed. "Come on, let's go!" He said continuing up the mountain.

Blade flew backwards as Slipknot hit him with a powerful fire spell. Blade weakly got to his feet before using lightning magic to create a storm cloud that pounded Slipknot with lightning strikes. Slipknot defended against some, but a few got past his ward spells.

Just as they reached the temple, Tavi spun around casting a ward against a shadowy blast, "KEEP GOING?" She screamed before unleashing a wall of storms and conjuring forth her rapier. The Shadowy figure glided across the ground towards her weilding a black blade. Hazel bit back an argument and pressed on.

Trax sat up grabbing his side, he glanced down seeing his hand stained red, he looked up seeing Infernos walking towards with an aura of bloodlust. "Move and I'll gut you in an instant." Infernos told him darkly, Trax grew uneasy as he could tell by his aura he wasnt lying. Suddenly the two flickered away in a blinding speed, Trax slid to a halt as Infernos appeared in front of him, their fists met in a massive collision of their magic power. The mountain shook from the force.

Autumn teleported the group up the mountain further. The temple was now close and they could see where Black had stopped. "Black! What do you see up there?!" Kane called to him.

Blade disappeared and reappeared behind Slipknot blasting him into the ground before bounding him with an earth spell that caused the ground below him to form a fist that gripped him in place. Slipknot struggled before finally breaking free with a flame spell.

Black glanced around at the castle-like fort, "Uh, some kind of Fort-Castle thing!" He called back.

Hazel shook her head, "He can make a Castle of Ice, yet he cant describe one to us."

Tavi held off the Shadowy figure with a series of pinpoint strikes with her rapier, but the Figure dodged them effortlessly, but didn't expect Tavi to cast down a wall of storm behind him. he jumped over backwards but was caught off guard as Tavi cast an Inferno spell against sending him off the side of the mountain. The Shadowy figure landed easily and prepared himself as Tavi shot down at him.

Trax and Infernos exchanged strikes with their fists before both charged up their hands with magic and eachother in the face, both flew back across the rocks. Trax sat up with his face healing from a severe burn, the Demon inside of him only keeping its vessel alive. Infernos stood up dusting himself off as his burned away the void damage done by Trax, "He sure does have some power, even if he isn't using the Ninetails. Fine, I guess I'll use another ten percent." Trax stood up with a stumble, he heard a swish in the wind and cast a ward spell with both hands before Infernos appeared in front of him charging with a large heII fire flame. There was a huge firey explosion and Trax was sent clear off the mountain and bouncing into the valley below.

Archived