Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

The rest of the group reached the temple. Kane stood before a large door with engravings of dragons on it. "This is where Soul wanted me to go...the ancient temple of the grand masters of the Dragon's Tongue..."

Slipknot balled his hand into a fist and formed a massive blast of magic in it, delivering a massive strike to Blade. Blade flew back and hit the ground hard. It wasn't an ordinary spell that hit him, it somehow damaged his soul itself. Suddenly a small riff formed in front of Blade. His ethereal hidding spot of the stones had been opened. "No..." a weak Blade said.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trax lay in a rubble of rocks and trees, the claw scratches on his left side began to bleed past the burnt skin, cuts and bruises dotted his body. Infernos stepped on his chest, "Keep in mind, this isnt even 50% of my power, hardly a mere 3rd." He began creating a spear out of molten rock, "I'd say try better next time, but you know, I think I'll just kill you now." Suddenly Trax poofed into smoke, Infernos went wide with rage at being tricked. "You threaten those I care about, therefore I will not show you or anyone else who dares to harm my friends, Mercy." Traxs words came from behind, Infernos spun around but only to slash at thin air. Several magic circles formed around Infernos, each with a center symbol representing one of the seven deadly sins, Trax stood a ways away with his palms together, "Seven Sins Configuration: Deadly Column." The Magic circles lit up purple before bursting up into the sky as one single column, Infernos roared with rage before he was evaporated by the purple light. 

"Hurry up and go inside, we'll stand guard out here." Hazel said summoning forth her Adamantine Armor, complete with wall shield split onto both of her arms. Black lit up his hands with ice magic, "Yeah, no ones getting past here!" His voice was cut off as column of purple light burst through the clouds in front of them. Hazel starred wide eyed in amazement, "One of the Ten Magic Configurations... Incredible..."

Tavi slid away from the Shadowy figure before seeing the column of purple light, "Trax..." The Shadowy figure felt the magic power from Traxs spell, but at the same time felt the magic resonating from the stones. Tavi watched the Shadowy figure sink into the ground before running up the mountain to check on the group.

The column of purple light ceased, a stone statue of Infernos stood alone. Trax dropped to his knees panting, having spent almost all of his magica to perform that spell. His skin crawled as he heard the stone statue crackle, then again before Infernos's statue broke open with Flint falling unconscious. Trax appeared in time to catch him before falling back, "Welcome back... my friend..." 

A shadowy foot stepped on Blades head, the figure reache into the rift taking out one of the stones, "I thank you, little Blade, you just insured Lord Nergals Victory. Congratulations." The figure told him before putting more pressure on his face and crushed him into the ground. The figure threw Slipknot the stone before gathering up the rest.

Kane looked into Autumn's eyes. "You can do this, Kane." she said taking his hand. Kane sighed as he pushed the door open and they both entered, the door slamming shut behind them. 

Slipknot gathered the rest of the stones before the rift closed. "You put up quite a fight. Shame it was your last." he said coldly before conjuring a sword and driving it into Blade's chest. His eyes widened as he felt his chest penetrated and blood seeping out from the wound. The blade disappeared as Slipknot vanished with the shadowy figure.

"Tavi..." Blade said weakly as the wound began to heal. "Kane...the others...where are they?"

Kane and Autumn just looked at darkness inside the Temple. Kane took a step forward before the temple suddenly lit up with several braziers, revealing a large floor with strange markings on them.

"They're inside the Monastery, you can rest safely now Blade, conserve your strength." Tavi told him softly, in truth she didnt know what was going on, her heart ached to find out what happened to Trax, but her sense of duty kept her by Blades side. 

"Tavi...they broke me." Blade said, his wound healed enough to sit up. "They broke into my mind and took the stones...they don't know what kind of power they're dealing with. I failed us all..."

Several hooded men walked up to Kane in the temple. "Welcome, Kane. We've been expecting you." One of them said approaching him. Kane looked at Autumn before looking back at the man. "You knew Soulscream...he sent me here." The man nodded. "Yes...he studied here for over a decade. An impressive student, such a shame that he was killed. But he sent you to us, so now we must start again."

Blade sighed. "I've been studying the ancient stones that make up the fabled Pillars of Maveris. If you combined 47 of them, you can unlock ancient power unlike any we've seen. I had a good number of them, but they stole them from me. If they came here for the stones, then they must be trying to gather 47 of them." Blade finally got to his feet, "We should make sure the young ones are safe."

Tavi nodded, "I got the young ones, you check on Trax, please." She told him, her flashed with worry, she was put in charge of the younger students in the first place. 

Black blew a cold breath upon the rock he sat on, instantly it froze over and cracked, "I don't hear anymore fighting, maybe they won." Hazel glanced at him then back down the path, uncertain of what she should do, they had to have won.... right?

At the base of the mountain, Trax and Flint lay unconscious on the scorched ground. It was a few seconds before Trax awoke with a cough, he sat up putting a hand over the vicious wound on his side, but his expression remained relaxed as he saw Flint next to him. "Soul would punch you for the trouble you've caused us." 

• 2 weeks later...

Blade nodded before teleporting down the mountain. 

Silverthorn looked a the large, majestic door to the temple. "What about Kane and Autumn? Who knows what's going on inside this temple." 

Blade got to the base of the mountain and saw Trax and Flint. "Trax!" He shouted as he slid next to him before stopping in shock when he saw Flint. "Flint? What are you doing here?" 

"Most likely their safer in there than out here." Tavi said as she walked up to them, "The enemy is gone, but not before taking something from Blade first. He's alright, He'll be back with Trax soon." Black and Hazel exchanged a worried a glance.

"Back with us for the time being." Trax said before coughing, "We should get back to the others, did Kane make it inside?" He asked weakly.

"They must have taken the stones he was researching." Silverthorn said with concern. "That can't be a good thing based on how much Blade talked about them."

"The others are safe, Kane is inside." Blade said as he used healing magic on both of them. "What's going on, Flint? Was that...you?" 

Flint lay with his eyes open, staring at the clouds above, he seemed deep in thought. Trax tilted his head slightly to look at him, "Questions can be answered later, for now, lets focus on our current situation. Where are Slipknot and the other guy?"

"Regardless, we hold to out current objective. Blade can fill us in when he arrives." Tavi told them as she sat down on a rock, she ran her fingers through her hair and found she was missing a little of her ponytail, her enemy was faster than she first realized.

"They're gone...they broke me, Trax. They took the stones." Blade said as he kept healing both Flint and Trax.

Kane and Autumn soon came back outside of the temple followed by the old man he met inside. "I will be training here for some time. Master Aegon here said that you all can stay here as long as you need to, but I'll have to remain here while training." Master Aegon approached Tavi and nodded his head respectably. "We have trained students from your school for decades, and we welcome all who seek our wisdom. Your friend Soul put a lot of faith in Kane, so we will honor him by helping him unlock his true potential."

Trax sighed, "Unfortunately theres not a whole lot we can do at the moment, for now we should regroup with the others." Flint stayed silent as he just stared into the sky with an empty expression.

Tavi bowed slightly in return, "Thank you, Master Aegon, we appreciate you're kindness. We may have injured, down the mountain, another will be bringing them up shortly. How long will Kanes training last?" 

Blade nodded once they were both stable. "Right, I'll get us up the mountain to the others." He said preparing to teleport the three of them. 

Aegon was silent for a moment. "It depends on the person. Some study for decades to reach their potential. Your friend, however, is different. This is why Soul emphasized how important it was for him to get here. His training will be quite interesting." He said. "Your friend is a dragon."

Trax sat up but felt light headed, he looked down at his hands seeing them in doubles before everything went completely black, "Before we go, I need to let you know something. The last spell I used, although extremely powerful, it comes with certain consequences. As of know, I'm completely blind, and I cannot use any magic. In fact, I've probably lost all ability to do any magic I used to know." He sighed reluctantly. Flint closed his eyes in guilt, his failure as a friend took the sight and Magic of his best friend, and also took the life of another.

Black fell back off the rock he was sitting upon in surprise, Hazel raised an eyebrow, "How is that possible? I knew him when we were just kids." Tavi didnt show much change, at this point, there was little that surprised her.

Blade stared at Trax in shock. "Your magic...it's completely gone? What kind of spell can do that?" 

"A dragon?" Silverthorn asked in surprise. "Yes. The day Kane was born, the soul of a long-dead dragon entered his body and the two became one. This is why he can partially speak the tongue naturally." Aegon said. "When I used it during the trials, Soul began to research it and learned that this can happen. That's why he sent me here, so that I can learned to control the power within me." Kane added.

"Seven Sins Configuration: Deadly Column, its one of the Ten Magic Configurations, banned by the School." Flint spoke monotonously, "Each Spell causes the user to suffer consequences, and each vary. In this case, Trax lost his sight, ....and the ability to use magic." His pause revealed great inner pain as if wanting to hit himself for what he forced his Friend to do. Trax turned his head Flints direction, his smokey blue eyes now pale in comparison to his usual peircing blue. Suddenly, Trax felt his entire body pulse before he threw up blood, a second later his clothing over his stomach was burned away revealing the sealing circle tattoo on his belly. Flint sat up and lit up his hand with golden flames, and pressed onto the sealing circle, "The Nine Tails can sense Traxs loss of magical power, it's attempting to get out." He explained as Trax began to calm down, Flint removed his hand as the golden flames sunk down into Traxs skin causing the tattoo to vanish. Flint sighed in relief that his holy golden flames worked, "Lets regroup with the others." He said helping Trax stand up.

Tavi nodded in understanding, "We will stay here for Kanes training, do you have medical supplies for wounded?" She asked trying not to show concern, knowing Trax was in great pain after using a forbidden spell.

"Of course. We will provide all that you need." Aegon said as temple servants appeared with medical supplies and other resources. Suddenly there was a flash of light as Blade appeared at the temple with Flint and Trax. Blade fell to his hands and knees breathing heavily from the spell. "Trax needs help. It's serious." He said in shock. 

Tavi zipped over to Trax immediately bracing him from the other side after Blade fell, She made eye contact with Flint but could feel that was the old and not the new that had attacked them. Hazel and Black stood by hesitantly as they watched Flint closely, then Black zipped up to Flint hugging him like a little annoying brother, "Flint you're back! Congratulations on not being a bad guy anymore." He cheered enthusiastically. Flint sighed and patted his head, Hazel came over and gave him a nod before she took the arm Flint had, Tavi and Hazel then followed the medical servants inside. Flint glanced around nervously, unsure what to do, as a Senior student and now the most battle ready, taking charge of the situation would be ideal. But would he be accepted after the crimes he had committed under Infernos's influence? "Hey Aegon Sir! Flint here, and myself, are both Dragon Slayers. Yeah, we use an ancient art of magic that was used to combat evil dragons. I'm pretty good, but Flint here is by far the most powerful Dragon Slayer ever." Black bragged as he stood next to Flint. Flint ignored him and walked over to Kane, he fell to his knees putting him at Kanes mercy, "Kane, its my fault Soul is dead. My best friend needed me the most, and I was swallowed up in my own emotions, and because of that I was weak to the enemies advances. He was my Friend, and I let him down."

Aegon looked over Black with a critical eye for a moment. "Ah yes, we have studied the dragon slayer arts for centuries. We have many tomes here if you wish to further your knowledge." Kane looked a way from Flint for a moment before sighing and turning back to him. "What's important is that you came back, and that I made it here safely as he wished. I think he would understand." He said with respect. 

Flint closed his eyes and nodded slightly, "I see..." He stood up and turned away, "Black, come with me, I will train you better in the Dragon slayer arts. In fact," He began as his gaze swept across Silverthorn and Autumn, I will train you all. At least until Blade is able enough to as well." Black cheered in triumph, "Alright! Lets get this Party Started!"

Trax lay on a bed as Tavi put a wet towel over his forehead, his breathing was starting to even out, and his sweating had lessened as he was treated. The medics had patched up his side wound and his other various scratches. Upon opening his eyes, he had guessed he was inside the temple where is supposed to be trained in. His pale eyes looked around uselessly, Tavi held onto his hand and put hers on his face, "Its just like you to put others above yourself." She told him softly. Trax lifted his other hand and felt up Tavi's arm till he had reached her face, "Obstacles are meant to be overcome, and this is just another obstacle for me, to become even stronger. I swear this to you, Tavi. I will have the power to protect everyone, no matter what, or who threatens us." As he spoke, Tavi closed her eyes as tears welled up, "I know you will." Hazel watched from the doorway, before walking away, her thoughts lingered to Oakly who was now imprisoned from crimes he was used for.

"We have 12 stones for you, My Lord." The Shadowy figure said as he and Slipknot knelt before Nergal, the twelve stones were levitated in front of them. The Shadowy figure flickered briefly, revealing he was merely a clone of the original. 

Tavi went to replace the wet towel when she paused, a black cross suddenly appeared on her hand, but before she could speak, a hand covered her mouth knocking her out from behind. Trax tensed up as he sensed something wrong, "Tavi-" He was silenced as he was restrained by shadowy trendils, as his belly was exposed, the Shadowy figure placed a hand over the sealing mark as it appeared. "I had wanted to face you personally, but you know what they say, No initial plan survives its first battle. Goodbye, Nameless Trax." Suddenly Trax went wide with immense pain as The Shadowy figure lifted up his hand, drawing out the Nine tails' energy as he did. Trax then went limp as the last of the demons energy was drawn out, The Shadowy figure placed the energy inside a large gouge which had appeared beside him, he paused thinking for a moment. "I feel as though I just tore a whole in the big plot to this story, ... Oh well." He clapped his hands together and vanished. Trax was let go of his restaints, his arm fell lifelessly as his eyes were glazed over. 

Flint and Black flinched as they heard Tavi's blood curdling scream, "What the... Trax!" 

Nergal raised an eyebrow at the clone. "It seems our friend wanted to have a bit more fun." He said before taking the stones. "We are getting closer to unlocking the power of ancient Maveris." He looked back to the clone. "I don't suppose you know why our fiery friend didn't come back with you, do you?"

Kane, Autumn, Silverthorn and Blade all turned to look in the direction of the scream. "Something must be wrong with Trax. Come on!" Blade said, gingerly running towards where Trax was being kept despite not being fully healthy.

Archived