The Glittering Darkness (Private, PM for possible entry)

BeGoneThots

Stromstride, the quiet mare that sat upon the train to Canterlot, watched the city approaching. She didn't like coming back here. But this was the only place she could find that may possibly have a blacksmith she could use. her bag sat beside her, filled with some things she would need for this commission. Watching the city draw closer, she sighed as she saw the guard pegasi flying patrol paths. As they pulled into the tunnel, She leaned away from the window and looked at her papers. The REA was known to have access to better things than the common pony could find elsewhere. But what she needed, was going to be vastly different. A set of armor that was not used by the REA. She just needed a talented smith to put it together. She had several of the materials here with her. Samples of others. 

Out of the tunnel, the train pulled merrily into the station. As she disembarked, the mare took a moment to adjust her dress and hat. She looked in a mirrored surface to check her make up and moved to the exit afterward. As she walked, she took it slow. Stormy had disliked this city for a while. And her path to the smithy was taking her right through the part of town she hated most. The noble quarter. With a detested sigh she moved on. her pace measured and her expression firm. She only paused one to stop and look at a gardener as he worked. giving him a kind smile and complimenting on his work. Once she was on her way again, her face went stern once more. As she left that place and came to the REA main smithy, she relaxed some. As she entered, she was stopped by a guard. "Business in the smithy please?" "Private, First Class. Stormstride. Commissioning a new set of armor." The guard nodded and moved his spear aside. As Stormy entered the building, she smiled and pushed her back back. Letting it's neck look hold it on her back for her. her knapsack resting on her side as she looked around. finally pausing to ask one pony. 

"Excuse me. I am looking for the blacksmith. I need to speak about a commission for an REA purpose. Captain Star Breezer from Fet Loch said I should find this pony here." While the mare herself looked like a well to do pony, she obviously did not mind dirt. As her hooves and shoes were now covered in coal dust from the floor and the trailing of her dress had smudges on it as well. She seemed to pay no mind. She only smiled and waited politely.

A thin smile slowly formed on the griffon's beak as she studied the newly finished sword. It was an exact replica of an weapon the great Prince Ravenspire had used to slay a great wyrm. She had spotted the ancient blade while climbing the great Everfrost mountain with some friends.  One of the elder officer's at camp nearly fell over when he caught sight of the griffon's detailed notes on the impressive sword and practically begged for an replica to be made for his mantle. The next one would be for her old friend Dunder, but that one would have to be made at her own, personal forge.

She tested the claymore's weight and balance. Both were right on. And while the replica would not be slaying any dragons, it was going to look rather impressive on Major Brass Hat's mantle. Far more so than the 'Whinny Land' collector cups he currently had laying about.  After going over the hilt for the upteempth time, she wrapped up the blade and placed it in a box marked for delivery. To celebrate a finished job, she made her way over to the R.E.A's vending machine and after placing the correct bits, a ice cold canned Kaja'cola soon found its way into her claws. As she savored the drink's flavor, one of the base's runners rushed over to the black bird, "There's an Private Stormstride hoping to have an commission done, and considering you're the only one who does commissions, you'd probably want to see her at the armory." As quick as he appeared, the agile pony quickly vanished down the long hallway.

After finishing her drink, Zelda tossed her can into a bin and started the quick trek towards her beloved little workplace.  Were they now hoofing over specialty gear to privates now? That was odd.  Zelda was one very curious kitty and after passing through a series of doors, she found herself staring at which she hoped would be a new customer.  Since she was not an officer or even a member of the R.E.A, Zelda did not use her title, "Miss Stormstride.", the black griffon waved an clawed hand at the pony. "I'm Zelda. Somepony mentioned that you were looking for a commission, and since I usually do the fancy stuff here, looks like I'm going to be your bird.", she gave off a beaky smile, "If you could just follow me to my office and we'll see what you're looking to have made."

The black panther/raven griffon lead the pony to a small room which was filled with book shelves and drawing tables. An desk with two chairs was situated at the end of the room. "Please have a seat and tell me what you're looking to have done."

Stormstride was surprised to find the smithy to be a griffon. But that was not going to be an issue. In truth she rather enjoyed the company of griffons. Following to the office, she took her seat and adjusted her dress. After a moment she turned to her sack and brought out a large scroll. Laying it out she spoke. "This is what I will be needing. Its a specialty armor. I can handle the enchantments and I already have several metal samples in my bag for you to examine. This armor is going to be made to increase and concentrate the power of magic for me to use in my service as a guard and in my other duty as a part time relic hunter for Fet Loch."

The armor design was not too different. But where it used to have solid plates, were now plated sheets over lapping to allow for flexing and movement. The inside was lined in thick furs, obviously to compensate for the cold of Fet Loch. The armor included a few pieces like shoulder and rump high plated guards as well as slots made for gemstones. Another feature was the addition of chain-mail to cover the underbelly as well as the inner legs and the parts of the body that would be irritated by wearing plate armor. Another change was the helmet. Rather than the usual design, this was more closed around the face, with side plates coming lower than the jaw and further forward than the nose. But the eyes were unrestricted. As well the normal crest was gone, replaced with an opening where the mane could flow freely out. and a slot for the horn as well. Stormstride brushed her mane back, reveling her horn. From base to tip there was a long crack. "Injury in the line of duty has decreased my magical capabilities. I want to level the playing field. The metal samples i have are much lighter than the standard metal commonly used in REA armor. As well, the design allows for a much lighter use of plating. It still provides more covered area, and the fur is used as both padding and insulation against the Fet Loch cold. Another note is that the gems will be provided by me. I have means to secure them. I just need to know if you can do this please. I will be paying for this from my own pocket." On the side were notes about weapon sheathes, locks for built in saddle bags, and other misc information. 

Stormstride was calm, waiting for the reply. She knew this was a rather large order to fill. She figured to best see if the smith would take the order before discussing the finer details. 

• 2 weeks later...
yOm1ISr.png?1

“Uh-hu.”, Zelda did not have to mention that she knew this was going to be a custom job, since the R.E.A smithy was set up to distribute standard guard armor. Usually a new recruit would be hoofed over a suit upon graduation. Those who started off in the smithy generally got to make these suits. They looked good, but were made just for show. Even with the recent attacks, from changelings to rebelling caribou, Equestria was still considered in ‘peacetime’. Sometimes old armor would be sent to be either fixed or resized. Still, newbie work.

The blacksmith slid a small notepad off from her desk, turned to a blank page and continued to listen to the unicorn’s request. Fet Loch. Terrible weather. Terribly –rainy- weather. Horrible sea monsters. Home to some of the best pubs in all of Equestria. Any condensation could freeze inside the metal. Which is not good. Thankfully the place was infested with sheep, so getting a set of wool underclothes would be a cinch. And probably a good deal cheaper to get there than say Ponyville. And she was a relic hunter? The old land was filled with abandoned buildings, villages that never made it, and hidden underground communities that formed when dragons dared to attack pony folk. Thankfully, the large beasts have made it their business to mind their own business during the last few generations or so, and thus nobody needed to hide underground. Which was good.

"I would make the fur lining easily removable and replaceable.", the black bird mumbled as she wrote in her book, "Material like that can get cruddy real quickly and hold strong scents rather well, which you wouldn't want if you're out searching for treasure. Maybe even simply go with an wool undercoat. Easy to acquire in the old city, and you could always have it washed.", she scribbled a few ideas as the officer went on and only stopped to cringe as the pony showed off her damaged horn. Zelda had only seen a horn like that before and she knew that had to hurt.  "Oh.", she whispered, "Can't you get that fixed? Do horns work the same way as regular bones?". A few years ago, the griffon had managed to break her arm while playing 'street hoofball' with a few pony friends. A quick visit to the local Canterlot hospital, and a stay that lasted just a day had her walking out with an intact arm. No cast needed. If she were still in Rockwington, the bird would have had to wear a cast for weeks. Magic healing rocks.

"And 'course I can do this.", Zelda grinned, "I'm just wondering about one thing...You said you 'handle the enchantments'. Are you sure you want to do this?", the blacksmith looked up from her pad, "I got two guys that are absolute pros at this. They're brothers. One applies the magic, and the other secures it. It's their thing, their cutie marks, and their enchantments never break. Ever."

"And before you answer that.", she reached into a desk drawer and pulled out a coiled up measuring tape, "I need you to take off your horseshoes and other gear, as I need to take measurements.."

Storm smirked as her horn glowed faintly. The crack glowing in the energy. "The crack runs tip to skull. Fixing this would cost a lot of time. Time away from my regular patrol and definitely would keep me from looking for artifacts for life. However, that is where the enchantments come in. And while I can assure you that your friends would do good work. these specific enchantments would require my magic, as they will attune the armor to my specific magic energies and make it so that if the armor is stolen, its pretty useless to any other unicorn or such." Standing she stepped aside. 

This was gong to be funny. She clicked the latches that held her shoes on. The clip on kind. Cheap and easily replaceable. But the design had called for the permanent kind to be made. This was going to be a set of armor she was not going to be taking off often. As she set her knapsack down, she smiled and used a little of her magic to twist her mane and tail into matching buns. Then sliding the dress off..... was a stallion.

Stormstride still had the voice and poise of a lady as she spoke. "As you can see im a bit different than what you imagine." The body type looked like a mare. Size, stance, body shape, even down to the eyelashes and jaw. "Now, I assume that you will be taking the measurements. After that, we can speak about the metal samples and see what you think is best. As well, I would like to speak about placement, size and type of the gems that will be used to focus the energy of the magic." Storm was quite calm. As she moved to a clear spot and stood there. Her mane and tail still rolled into eat buns. Though there was a light blush on her cheeks at having to remove her dress. 

yOm1ISr.png?1

"Still, that's something I'd probably invest a few days into getting fixed.", the griffon added, "While I don't know much about magic, I did study both griffon and pony anatomy while in school, and I picked up some theories about unicorn horns.", Zelda watched as the pony removed her gear, "If you ever have to take on an fellow unicorn, they'd know that you're leaking mana, even if you hide the horn with armor and magic. And with that knowledge, they could do a rather unpleasant number on you, but that's all I will be saying about that." She did not want to be a naggy old bird, but could not help but understand how some ponies and griffons believed their old battle scars were badges of honor.

"A bit different?", Zelda could not help but chuckle as the mare blushed just a tad. "Nothing wrong with that. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all looked alike.", she tried her best not to stare, but it was rather difficult not to. "You remind me of an old friend of mind." Once Stormstride was ready, the griffon started to take her measurements. "Both of you are obnoxiously beautiful and officers in the R.E.A. With the exception of her kid sister, all of her family members are serving in one way or another." The blacksmith paused to scribble a few notes in her pad, "And like her, your cute pony coat hides the fact that you're one tough mare.", she continued to write, "Measuring this for a comport fit. It will be secure, but you'll have some room to breathe."

Once the black bird was sure she got what she needed, Zelda rolled up her measuring tape. "So what about these gems? Some like to place the gems front and center so that all can admire them, but also some like to actually hide them, knowing if a foe focuses on damaging them first, some or all of the magic can be cut off from  the suit."

Stormstride nodded, "Yes. the gems will be a mix of both. The main gems will be buried in the padding. Hidden. The secondary gems will be on show. This provides me a bit of an extra defense. The main gems will be closer to me and able to increase my magic and focus. The secondary gems will be on display and boost that effect more. In the event the secondary gems are damaged or destroyed, I still have the main gems. As for your point about me leaking magical energy... yes that is a concern. But that is where the helmet comes in. The enchantment I have prepared for that will act as a magical sponge. Soaking it up. Anything aimed at my head will be pulled into the gems in the helmet. This will provide me with a little extra mana to use. And anything leaking out of my horn will be soaked up as well. It does have a capacity, but the amount I am leaking will take years to reach that. And any incoming can be used to fire a spell back. The only downside is if it strikes my face. I will still take a good hit, as with any helm. But i want the face left open so I can see."

Stormstride slid her dress back on, allowing her mane and tail to fall back into the natural position. Brushing a few curls from her face she smiled, "The gems will be of different sizes and types. Though I have the measurement listed on the chart. I have the gems being crafted now. The downside to all of this is the cost. But cost versus my ability to do my job and I don't see an issue." The mare then set out her metal samples on the desk. She took a moment to arrange them properly. Then she sat back in her seat. As she began clipping her shoes on again, she spoke softly, "The shoes will be designed to stay mounted to my hooves... permanently. The armor plating that attaches to them can be taken on and off. However the actual shoe is going to be stuck on forever. It will give me just that little advantage in the event of a surprise. If I cant reach my armor in time, I can still have a boosted effect through the shoes."

yOm1ISr.png?1

The black griffon nodded her head as she continued to sketch out rough 'ideas' onto her pad almost as quickly as they formed in her head. "Uh-huh. Will have to look into special padding that is unaffected by constant and direct contact from enchanted mineral crystals. I have a vendor in Beakbreak City that specializes in this sort of stuff.", she scribbled down a few more notes, which were probably a reminder to contact said vendor. "His prices are eh..", she tried to come up with the right word, "A little up there, but nobody does it better." She wrote a few more things before she looked back up. "Agree with you on the helm, and there's always something you can create, magically to defect any direct hits to your cute little pony snout.'

Zelda made her way back to her desk and took note of the different metals Stormstride had set down on it. "Silver....Cobolt.....And huh? What are we planning for the Malacite? And to follow up that question with an even more important one, are you really sure you want anything permanent? I have to ask this for a slew of reasons.", she sounded both concerned and curious at the same time. "I mean, you're not going to be an officer for the entirety of your life.  I see what you want to do with it, but while you're finished growing as a pony, when you get older, your hooves tend to get flatter and more prone to issues, and your doctor will need to have full access to you, which would be hampered if he or she can't get your shoes off."

"But beyond that, I can't see any other issues.", the blacksmith added, "If there's anything you wish to add, please say so."

Storm laughed softly. taking her seat she sighed with a smile. "My dear.... Im already old. I know I dont look it because my coat is naturally gray... But I was a private before you were hatched. My only sibling is half my age, and he is a traveling musician all on his own. That is the very reason I want the shoes mounted like that. So they never come off again. Im not as nimble as I used to be." 

Stormstride smoothed out some ruffles in her dress as she spoke. "Now, The Malacite is specifically for the option as use in the Chainmail on the legs and underbelly. its light weight and much more flexible. No, it cant not deflect a heavy blow. However, I dont plan on getting hit. As well, if you think weight is an issue, the whole suit can be made from malacite. I know its expensive, but I have friends in Fet Loch in the mines and can ensure you have an ample supply to make this suit. Cost is not a real issue for me. I dont have much to spend my money on, so it sort of piles up."

Storm then took a moment to think. Was there anything she needed to add? Really she had thought about what this would do in combat while designing it. outside of combat it would allow her  mobility and speed in patrol. Inside combat it gave her a magical boost that would rival any other unicorn. Her spell range was not unlimited. She had many but there was always more to learn. Then it hit her. "Can you have your boys create a small enchantment on the helm that would allow me to stay underwater for an extended period of time? Say... 45 min? Ive had incidents in the past where I had to be underwater before and.... none of them ended well. Im a great swimmer on the surface. But under the water I have issues and if something should arise were I am needed to go into the water before I can get out of my armor i dont want to drown because I weight too much to float."

yOm1ISr.png?1

"Really?", the griffon did not bother to ask her client's age. That would be rude. And some people had different ideas on what was considered 'old'. Stormstride was in excellent shape for being 'old', but the griffon left it at that. Although the pony's sibling being half her client's age? Just how old were ponies when they could no longer produce children? She had a friend whose mother had a foal rather late in her life. Like Stormstride, Write Stuff was also in the R.E.A. Was Stormstride's parents also in the military? That would be an good question, but it was none of the griffon's business to ask.

"Malacite is something I've worked with before, but to be honest with you, I don't have the best access to a good supply.", Zelda added, "And since you have a good source of it in Fet Loch, I would ask of you to give me their information before we're finished here." This job might be extra beneficial to the black bird. Not just for the money, but the helpful unicorn might help grant her better access to some of Equestria's more unique metals. "I do like the idea of an Malacite suit. Strong, but light, and the armor would be enhanced by your natural beauty.  Make your foes think twice about attacking you. Why would anypony want to harm something so lovely?" Apparently the griffon was not the only one here that made more bits than she spent. While the blacksmith was paid rather well for her services, she lived a rather modest life. Her off-site workshop also served as her home. And while it might be part of her deep seated desire to horde coins like the griffons of old, she just wasn't the type to blow through her money. This could be a good thing. Equestria had been riding high for a very long time economically. Maybe they would be in for a dry spell soon. And those who saved their bits would be safe from an downturn.

Zelda kept up a smile on her beak before asking, "If I may ask, what sort of troublemakers do you run into while on your watch? This would be -very- helpful for the design of your armor.", she jotted a few more notes down about the Malacite. "I've trained with plenty of different people over the years. Even got to see a dragon fight up close." Thankfully that dragon girl was not fighting her!

Stormstride also had a question of her own. She needed to breathe under water for an extended amount of time. "Erm.", she muttered, "Let me see what they can do." The black bird ran her claws through a small stack of books that were located in a shelf near her desk. "I do have a list of things that they are currently capable of casting.", she paused to check out one book, "Elemental comport? This isn't what you asked for, but If you don't have it on your list of spells for this armor, I would add it. Basically it keeps you comfortable while in your armor. You'll be nice and chilly during the summer and warm during the winter. My friend Fire Walker swears by it."

She returned the book and scooped up another. "Transmutation magic.", she muttered, "Water breathing. Says here that they can go almost two hours, but the magic can be dispelled by a reverse of the spell. So they usually work in a fail safe cantrip.", she glanced up at the unicorn. "If you encounter an enemy spell-caster while underwater, and he or she is able to dispel your enchantment, which would be difficult to do, but not impossible. They do work a minor bit that will give you a reserve amount of oxygen, so you may return to the surface before your air runs out.  One of the R.E.A's mages...A gal named Ilinalta specializes in Transmutation. Which would make her an Transmuter." This question made the griffon even more curious what the pony normally did while on guard. Or patrol. If she's underwater a lot, maybe a spell that kept prune-hooves away would be helpful as well. Or would her permanent horse-shoes keep that away?

She copied a few notes onto her pad before asking, "Anything else you can think of?"

Stormstride sighed softly with a smile. The compliments were making her blush. "The average pony of Fet Loch is a bit larger than me. I'm from central Equestria by birth. The ponies around me in Fet Loch are larger and physically stronger. My normal patrol has me stationed by the Taverns and Inns. This often puts me in the middle of a few rowdy brawls. Its all in good fun and when its over we all shake hooves. But the last time I got caught up in one I was injured. It took me two weeks to recover. I would rather not have to run against a back injury like that again. As well, I have made a few enemies in my life. I have run against five or six ponies that really do not like me. I would not put it past them to try something while I was on duty."

She pondered a moment, then spoke, "Elemental comport would be a good addition. Though it will not have to be very strong. my magic lies in the wind and weather as it is. The cold of Fet Loch does little to my body. Though that's not to say that when it gets good and deep into winter I don't shiver some." She smirked. "Yes, having frost bite on my tail is not fun." 

After a moment of thought she spoke. "I am well aware of the dangers involved in using armor like this. It was something my parents used to research. They were deeply involved in some of the research that went by the way side. Forgotten. But the notes I managed to recover would seem to indicate that malacite was more resistant to the elements than your traditional metals. Oh and here let me give you the contact information for the Quarry. the foreman is a bit gruff, but hes always looking to expand business. Most likely the goods would arrive by train. This may delay things a little, but he feels it is more secure than a ship. If the train comes off the tracks, the goods can be recovered. If a ship sinks. good luck finding the goods. His words." She was flipping through a small address book. After a bit she found what she was looking for and laid it out for Zelda to see. 

Stromstride sat back. the look on her face said she was pondering something. After a moment she spoke. "Is there a way to make the armor fully encase the flank? Even the underbelly? I realize the legs must be left free for movement. But I was hoping we could encase the rest of my flank in the armor for protection. More than once I have seen guards loose their footing on the icy streets and slip. Landing in various ways that really hurt. I was hoping we could make a flank piece that covered the sides, top, and underside of my whole flank."

• 2 weeks later...

yOm1ISr.png?1

"Bar brawls.", the griffon nodded her head, "Don't seen many of those in Canterlot, considering how expensive things can be here, I'm guessing nobody wants to spill their drinks.", she added with a grin. "I did get into one during my last stay in Rockwington. Started over some silly argument two griffon brothers were having for the better part of the evening. They both punched each other out, and then the place just exploded into chaos, a silly chaos.", she couldn't help but shrug her shoulders. "Was surprised to see later on that nobody really got hurt. Even with all the clawed fists, hooves and broken glass that were thrown around." She made sure to put in an "Sorry to hear about your back. Thankfully Equestrian Medical Magic is probably the best in the world."

Zelda nodded her head as she wrote a few more things down on her pad. "This magic does not interfere with the weather itself, but it makes it feel like you're wearing a comfy blanket during the winter and an er.", what was the opposite of a blanket? "And a not so chilly icepack during the summer. You'll still feel the wind,but you won't be chilly or hot. You will also avoid sunstroke or freezer burn, but this magic has its limits." A few more notes were added that included, 'Get information on Elemental Comport spell limits for client' in large letters. There was also a cute little doodle of an unhappy pony taking a lava-bath'.

The black bird looked rather pleased, "Thank you. As you're sure to know, Fet Loch isn't that far from Canterlot, but it's a bit of a pain to get here.", she unrolled a small map of Equestria onto her desk.

Spoiler

bpX0hnv.jpg

"It would be nice to just travel right across, but there's the mountains of Solstice Heights and the thick Canterlot woods blocking everything.", The griffon was pleased to finally get to use her map! It had come free when she opened up a bank account at the local bank. While she really wanted a toaster, the map was nice. "They'd have to take the Quickrun River to Balimare, and then a train to Canterlot. But still, it's not that bad of a trip.", she took note of the quarry's information, "When we are done here, I will contact these guys right away.  Thankfully the R.E.A has an unicorn that can send instant messages via magic."

A few more doodles and notes were laid down as Zelda's client spoke. "Oh yes!", she chirped, "While not as popular as it was in the past, I've actually made a few full sets before. Mostly for hobbyists and even a few of my statues, so it can be done.", she waved towards a small stack of rather ancient looking books, "One of the officers here also gave me some photos of some suits of full plate they have over in the ruins of the 'Castle Of The Two Sisters' in the Everfree. Heard they're supposed to be restoring the old place and maybe turn it into a museum until that mess with Tirek threw a wrench into that." She jotted down a few more notes before glancing back up, "Since we're doing a full suit, I'm going to need to contact you once I've built up the main suit. This will be as basic as it gets since we obviously toss on the gems and magic stuff at the end.", she added, "I'll just want you to try the armor on. Make sure it's the right fit, and also make sure you don't have any issues putting on or removing your armor, both via magic and not. Since there's always a chance you can lose your ability to cast spells."

"Any other ideas or suggestions?", Zelda asked.

Stormstride paused a moment. Thinking deeply on anything else that might save her coat in the event of something bad. After a moment there was a look on her face. It was a horrible thought. But she knew it might be needed. "I want the armor to have a spell on it. If some pony manages to beat me, and take my armor... I want it to break apart the moment they try and use it. Something to make the armor impossible to use for any pony else. Leaving that pony totally exposed to any attack coming their way. I know that sounds cruel and horrible. But I do not want some pony taking this armor, and running rampage all over Equestria. It can be hard enough to catch a pony that is normal. Let alone one that has boosted abilities like this."

The look on her face said she had seen something like this before. "That should be all of it. I am not certain how long it takes you to make armor, hut I will be in Canterlot for the next month. I have business to attend too here as well. Official matters for the Dutchess." The unicorn was silent on what those matters were, but it was honest enough. "Also may I suggest that the use of the hoof paths in the forest and mountains may save a good deal of time. Though they take you to Ponyville first. That is how I got here. Skipped the ship to Baltimare all together. A cart train of material might take a day more than just one pony walking. But I know the Quarry master. He has teams of ponies for such things. A large order would get him going."

yOm1ISr.png?1

The black griffon nodded her head, "That's actually not an uncommon spell.", she gave off a little smirk, "Unicorns use something similar with their spell-books and supply chests. Somepony tries to get their thieving hooves on a spell tome that is not theirs, and a good spell will keep the book from opening. An better spell plays a trick on its victim.",  Zelda grinned even more, "One of the R.E.A enchanters showed me this doozy of a spell. While a common spell would simply reveal pages that were fake. A kid's book, or just whatever, Ilinalta had this one that created an downright HORRIBLE and very dirty spell that would reveal a very not-nice story about the would be thief's grandmother." She paused for a moment. "There's also a spell that could simply teleport your item back to your home or base. Although I could see that backfiring if you're in enemy territory."

"So I'll just add 'pop apart armor security.", the blacksmith wrote a few more things down. "I believe they could also add a comedic 'Wah Wah Wah Waah sad trombone', or even a BOING sound effect that would sound off when the armor falls apart.  Course, all pony's bodies are different, so unless your thief has a very similar body type that you possess, your thief could not just toss the armor on and go about their business. My armor also cannot be resized by another smithy once it's been enchanted."

Zelda wrote a few more notes as the mare spoke, "A month is good for the fitting.", she glanced back up, "Once that is finished, I would already have all of the supplies and it would just be days for me to finish and we'll have the preview. You'll check your new armor out, and if there are any corrections you want, that would be the time to make it. And after some thought, I've decided that I will make the armor in my own personal smithy. This is also my home.", she handed over a small card with her address. "It's not that far from here. And not only could I work on the armor during the later hours, I also have better tools for making specialty armor."

It would also be a good excuse to get the very lovely unicorn Ilinalta over to her place. Work on enchanting those gems, and also have a few drinks. Maybe invite Dunder over. Since Inkbrand had left her life, she needed to find time for some smoo...Whoops! Non-Business thoughts were forming! Must return to business!

"Not going to even discuss bits until the fitting, but I assure that you will be very happy with the cost. Not only do you receive an discount for getting me a new vendor, there's also the military discount as well!", she gave off a beaky smile. "Anything else you need to add? If not, I will need to get all of my notes and doodles together into something a bit more polished. I'll then need to check my current supplies, contact my vendors and then get my hinder over to the enchanters to arrange a date for the, erm, enchanting."

Stormstride nodded at all of this. "That should be all. I will send a message over to one of the farmers in Fet Loch. See if they have a large supply of wool ready for shipment. That may be another thing you can use. I thank you for your time Miss." Stormstride stood and gathered her now mostly empty bag. her hooves clicked on the floor as she moved to the door. "I will be in the inn two block down should you need me ma'am. I bid you good afternoon." With a smile and a nod, Stormstride showed herself out to leave Zelda to her work. 

Archived