S.S.D recon (private)

augercorn

Doc saw chill and blackwing leaving. Doc found a hole in the fence and held it open for midnight to get thru. 

They eu walked a bit till they heard it 

"I P.T LIKE A BEAST!" It was a long Colloum of marines running singing a cadence. 

Doc smiled "boots! Target aqured!" He cut across the road waiting at a set of pull up bars. 

One of the marines ran forward "good afternoon doc. Everything ok?" 

Doc nods "yeah we're just finishing up some pt of our own, mind if we join you?"

the he marine nods "of course not" he turns to his Colum "ok marines! Doc here is going to show us how it's done. He's navy so I expect everyone to do at least 5 more pull-ups than him!" 

Doc doc looked at midnight and winked. Whispering "this is going to be good."

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boots....Did he mean greenies? To her, Greenies were new recruits who had yet to spill blood, yet to take a life, yet to fight. She assumed that what a 'boot' was. She followed him until they came across the physical exercise test. She blushed slightly at the wink from Doc, but otherwise stood back and watched Doc almost, push them kids harder. It was, in a way, smart. Doc was experienced, they werent' so it was expected him to be fitter, but these guys were army, and they wouldn't lose to a Navy in a PT test.

Part of her wanted to join in, except that she didn't want to demoralise the males by seeing not only a male, but a sniper, to be able to out-hustle them also. She looked over at one of the marines training, before returning to her silent watching of what was happening in front of her.  

Doc  placed his hand on his rig which had his armor and molle 

"mind if I take off the kit?"

the leader nodded "please do; wasn't expecting you to do it with that gear on!"

doc took off his armor and handed it to midnight and smiled. Without a word he jumped up on the bar and began to do pull ups. Nice and slow, completely dropping down. And kept going, and after  a solid minute the boots began to panick 

"aww crap!" One moaned. Doc looked to the leader and asked "30?" The leader nodded turning white

"and one for chesty!" He said doing one more before dropping. 

The leader looked at the bar and thought about trying but then looked to his men "well get up there!" A few boots ran up but then stopped at the bar. They looked at eachother panicked before 1 finally jumped up. The rest followed. They were doing cheat pull ups only going half way! One fell off almost immediately! The other paused trying to rest. One kept going thought and they all cheered! 

Doc doc stood next to midnight laughing under his breath as they struggled. The boot on the bar began to pause and switched grips. 

"Come on your past halfway!!" One roared 

some counted "18 ... 19 ... 20!" And he fell just about dead! And the whole group instantly lost hope! A fat corpsman came up to the dropped marine and said "well it's silver bullet time!" The marine on the ground tryed to crawl away! But the corpsman pulled out a thermometer 

doc leaned in"silver bullet! Every time some one falls; out you need to make sure there not overheating, heat cramps, heat stroke very serious. Secretary of defense order ... Thing is there's only 1 really accurate way to get a ... Core temp!" 

The fat corpsman pulled down the marines pants and he moaned "no doc no!"

vitus kept in his laughter and tauntingly said "better get that temperature and send him to the b.a.s! (battalion aide station)

Midnight sat back and watched the recruits fail to compete with Doc's record of 30. If she was honest, she maybe could match it, given she carried a 50 cal around all day, not because she worked on her upper body strength. Still, she simply sat back and enjoyed the show of the recruits trying to go even against Doc, something she knew they couldn't, but Doc seemed to enjoy it none-the-less. Although, maybe it was something she didn't understand, but what was wrong with checking they hadn't overheated...wait...oh, Core, meaning it wasn't his mouth. She glanced away, part of the marines dignity, part she didn't want to see what she knew would happen next. So she quickly looked at Doc to avoid it.

"They need discipline..." she comments "Physically they're not up to it, and I could out-shoot them with one hand...Hell I could probably beat them physically and i'm a sniper..."

Doc laughed, he watched the corpsman do his job. A bit of the twisted humor one needed to survive. Doc replayed "probably. I think you got it all wrong though. You see in America snipers are the best of the best. Pretty much special forces. Physically and mentally. And I'm sure you could beat them. Thing is though, there up to standard, good enough." 

Some me of the recruits watched in horror at what would happen if they Tryed and failed a few tryed but they all gave up near or around 20. 

"Your going to beat them because you have the heart. What it takes to push yourself. That; and we both know your probably the strongest woman in the world."

Midnight found the information, curious, although she realized she was comparing herself to them, and she'd had...special training. She didn't have a good comparison to what was 'good enough'.

"I'm going to beat them because i'm physically fitter than them..." she says "Me having heart doesn't have much to do, it just means i'm able to take that extra step..." she looked back over at the recruits "Wait...all of these lot are becoming snipers...?"

Doc looked to her and shrugged "I don't know know? Let's ask." He went back to the leader who looked like he was contemplating taking a try on the bars.

doc asked "who are you guys with?" The leader looked to doc glad he could hold it off longer 

"oh we're c.e.b. Combat engineers, here in support for"

doc doc leaned in and whispered while he  talked "engineers" and the leader blabbed  more to hold off his turn. 

The leader kept running his mouth talking about there mission and manpower. But doc interupted. "Oh hold on." He pretended to check his cell phone and showed midnight the black screen. Hopping she would understand the man over he was pulling "that's the boss looks like we uhh; got some things to do. So let's .." He was distracted as another marine fell off the bars. He made it to 25 and landed on his feet. But he looked exhausted.

Midnight focused for about a minute, until she heard they were engineers and zoned out. Combat engineers were something she didn't approve of, they were not combat capable, so keep them away from the front and have them sit on their asses until they're needed. So she stared off to the side, daydreaming until Doc moved his phone in front of her face, frowning up at him. Why was he showing her his phone? She didn't understand what Doc was trying to imply, but was dragged watching the marine fall off the bars. Unaware of what Doc was trying to be subtle about, she snored at the 'leader' who Doc was trying to escape.

"Combat Engineers...?" she asks with disbelief in her voice "They turned white seeing Doc do 30 pull ups, just 30. So physically their like my sister at high school....And i'd be willing they couldn't shoot in a straight line if their life depended on it, yet alone survive hand-to-hand combat..." She left her last sentence in the air, a challenge. She had been trained differently, to always be better, to always push herself, to never just accept herself but to improve. She was so used to this system, that the original system felt lazy.

Doc thought maybe they could have a cute moment where they do something funny and low stakes togather. 

Mans she took it in the complete and opposite direction!

fortunetly the leader was all too shocked by her staent to actually say something and doc put his hand on her shoulder and steered her away. It felt and looked like she was a dog that just did something bad and he was dragging her away. 

When a rather big marine came up to her and pointed his finger "inacully tale offense to that! Care to try and back it up on the pit!"

Midnight didn't understand what she'd done wrong, but hadn't resisted Doc trying to move her away...That was until the marine spoke up. A challence, and Midnight escaped from Docs grip. She had just been challenged, she had to step up.

"Awww, did I hurt the wittle babies feelings...?" She asks, her voice as cool as ice "You want to go to the pit with me...? Let's go then" Midnight didn't smile, or gleem or gloat. There was no visible action that anyone who didn't know her would see. But if Doc looked close enough, he'd see it. The glimmer in her eyes, the slight fidgeting of her fingers, the tapping of her left foot against the ground, sighs of energy going through the cold sniper.

The marine growled and said "follow me then!" 

"Awww feck!" Doc said, his accent coming out do to worry. He saw midnight she was exited for this! Not that she was trying to show it! Doc inspected the marine, he was a big guy, looked like he could rip the head off a buffalo! He was clearly on steroids due to his overdeveloped neck muscles and forearms. He wa legitimately worried for his girlfriend. 

"No, no." He said to himself "I have to trust her! How am I going to feel when we're getting shot at! ... I have to have faith in her and trust she knows what she's doing! And won't write a check she can't handle!" He took a deep breath

they reached the grapple pit. Which was a large circle filled with rubber chips. The marine took his shirt off and stood in the pit taking a muy Thai stance . Doc panicked internally even more but stayed calm. 

He he stood at the her end like he was her ring coach and said "hey be careful .... He's got a mother too you know!" He said with a wink

Midnight moved silently, gracefully, to the pit and watched her opponent. Physically it seemed she was out-matched, but midnight didn't show any level of worry. She stared at him emotionless, and even sighed watching him remove his shirt.

"So...can I go all-out on you, or are there limits I have to obey?" she asks calmly, almost bored as she looked over at Doc "H-hey, could you do me a favour? In my locker, there's a bulky hairtie...Could you grab it for me Doc? My hairs getting in my eyes..." She asked, smiling at her boyfriend before slowly turning her attention back onto the brute of a marine.

Doc nodded and quickly walked off. The brute looked around and raised his hand "oh look, no reff. I suppose that means there are no rules. I will be reasonable though and stop before I do any permante harm. And I will actively try to keep you out of the hospital!" He said smugly 

meh looked her over and shook his head in disapproval "time for a reality check" he starred her down. Until doc came back and handed her the large hair band. 

Midnight thanked Doc as she tied her hair up behind her head slightly into a ponytail and raised an eyebrow. No reff, so no rules? She snorted, was he stupid?

"Very well, these conditions are acceptable" she says simply, taking up a combat stance, but other then that, not taking the lead in the fight. Waiting for him.

When/if he charges, Midnight would feight to the left before aiming a hard kick at his right shin.

Midnight didn't move, didn't even flinch seeing her opponent close in on her. Not even when he came close to striking distance did she move, just stared at him with her cold blue eyes.

"....are you going to just watch me all day or are you going to fight?" she asked him, sounding almost bored as she does.

The brute laughed at her and pointed his finger 

"you really are an amateur! Trying to get me mad and do something stupid! I used to cage fight all the time. Your in for a real treat!"

doc doc almost gasped but he stayed stone face to show her his confidence. He really didn't want her to get hurt for this!  he calmed his voice and said "kick his plot babe!" 

The he brute took another step trying to quickly get behind her and that's when he went to strike aiming a powerful punch at the back of her head!

Despite his taunt, Midnight remained unfazed, staring at him with a blizzard in her eyes. Even as he got behind her she didn't move, although she glanced over her should seeing him aiming his punch. That's when she acted.

Midnight stepped forwards, arching her body away from the punch with cold precision as his fist would pass her face, but not come into contact with it. While that could have given her a perfect counter-attack, she instead regained her footing with several steps between herself and him, and returned to looking bored.

"You know, i'd give you a 3 for the attack...Sloppy, predictable and leave you open for too many counters.." she says informatively "Your instructor has much to teach you..."

Doc watched her, he liked it! A quick and efficient counter. 

The he marine growled "shut up! I'm just not used to fighting midgets! I'll have to squat to hit you in the face!" 

Mdoc acually thought about that, her small size would acually be an advantage. Still if she was going to get hit by this guy it would likely be all over!

the brute stepped forward. Throwing his foot out and dragging the other keeping his balance and strength! A few steps away from her; he hissed in a controlled breathing method. And he took a step forward throwing a haymaker for her head!

Midnight sighs at him seeing him charge in one again. She used her size and speed to quickly dodge out of his haymaker, actually dropping onto one knew before aiming a simple, but hard punch into his stomach and quickly taking a step back to create distance. She sighed as she did. Was this all the challenge he had?

"Oof! ... Haha! That all you got?" 

Thenbrute was was cockey now. The punch hurt, but not that much. He now felt like there was little she could do to acually harm him and stepped forward closing the gap this time acually shutting down and throwing a hook punch to her chest!

Cocky huh? She raised an eyebrow at him, knowing she'd already won. The hook punch was sloppy in her eyes, and she silently dodged it and, of all moves, actually slapped him across the face with an open palm, a loud noise echoing from it.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you to think before you speak?"

"Oooh wow!" Doc said out loud

"she pretty much just made you a mare!" He commented!

that was the straw that broke the camels back! He seethed with anger you you could see the very moment he snapped in his eyes. The marine reached out out both hands reaching for her shoulders to grapple her!

"Idiot..." she mutters seeing him charge for a grapple him. She quickly side-stepped his slow attack, and stuck her leg out to trip him over before sighing and resting her hands on her shoulders, above her head "Are you going to be a challenge? Or should I just get my book out now...?"

Archived