S.S.D recon (private)

augercorn

That minute was all she needed as her hands moved onto her hairband, and anyone who paided any attention, would see she gripped a handle from within the bulky accessory. A handle which she hid in her hand as he lept in. She instantly moved as he got into position, and a moment later, everyone would see a long gash along his arm, with Midnight holding the blade like an assassin.

"Sorry, seems you're injured. Perhaps you'd like to quit?" she offered, taunting him into giving up without landing a single blow.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The brute roared and kickin up the rubber chips in an attempt to grab her, but missed as she dodged again.

he looked to her, and upon hearing what she said looked down to his arm, the blade was so sharp and so fast he didn't even feel it. Even though she had cut an artery and he was bleeding 

"ahhhhh!" He screamed as he saw his arm was now ripped open doc was part intrigued, part turned on, and part furiated! "Have a few bungee cords ... But naw. I'm not going to waste them on him." He though to himself. 

He was about to go help the bloody brute when he ran at midnight arms flailing completely mad!

Midnight saw her opponent charge, with the intent no longer to fight, but to kill. Doc would see the contemplation of murder cross her face, how easily she knew she'd be able to slit his throat and have him bleed out on the ground. But she glanced at Doc, and knew he'd disapprove of the action. So she toned her offense down as he got in close. Dodging his first grip, she quickly used her blade to cut his cheek before elbowing him in the face to try and disable her opponent with minimal injuries.

Midnight looked over at him in protest "Stab him!? I sliced his arm open and cut him..." she hadn't managed to keep the brute in the air, but since he'd landed on her, she'd slowed his descent to the ground by lowering him.

"Besides, he said no rules...so...I wanted to see if my hairband really had a knife in it..."

Doc took the marines shirt and cut it with a his knife making an impromptu tourniquet. After some difficulty he finally stopped the bleeding. He looked to her with a very unhappy face. 

He wasn't sure what he was going to do now. Either way midnight was in trouble 

"I think we should run as fast as we can back to chill! And deny we we were ever here!"

Midnight didn't know what she'd done wrong. He'd said no rules! So she had obeyed it. She could have won ages ago, but felt like demonstrating her logical fighting style. But she looked over at Doc, shrugging before exiting the pit.

"There you have it..." she said loud enough for the group to hear "When in a fight, do not let your emotions control you...Be smart, be rational..." she informed them before jogging out of the pit, towards where their private squad dormitory was. As they moved, she looked over at Doc "So...what was it I did wrong...?"

Doc guided her to the dorm. He paced trying to think of a plan

then she said those words. And he looked at her like he was about to scream at her ... But that's when the idea hit him.

"that guy was a jerk he'll never say what acually happened. He said grabbing a phone and dialing the bas. He disgusted his voice

"hey uhh there's a dead guy in pit; uhh thought you should know." He said as he hung up

now to deal with my little maniac!

"midnight ... You do realize you can't just go round cutting and beating ponies on our side right right?"

Midnight sat down on the couch, looking up at Doc as he spoke to her.

"I mean...he did agree to a fight, hell he challenged me! And he said no rules, so I followed his terms and I won fairly...It's not that I went looking for it, he just...shouldn't have stepped up with an arrogant attitude against me..."

Immediety doc replayed back "yes but you were clearly smarter, more experienced and way faster than him! It' a matter of you not being responsible. Not to mention the legal problems!"

Doc put a hand to helps head and nodded 

"you don't hurt people on your side. Ok it's that simple!"

Midnight lowered her head in shame, knowing Doc was right. She was better than him in every aspect, she should have played nice...

"I...Ok...I'll not hurt anyone on our side" she says looking up at him "I'll try..."

• 2 weeks later...

Blackwing thought about it, and despite him having had heaps of experiance with all the other aspects of this job, he had never done that much route planning. He had always been given a job, his CO would assemble the teams and off they went. Due to the nature of their jobs their was really a 'route' planned, normally just improv and a base idea of what to do. Even when he was not in the special forces, just fighting on front lines he didn't do much of it, for the short time he had been. He was often keeping men alive the best he could.

"Not much, i didn't need to do much of that serving with any of the units i served with. Lets just say that we often didn't know a lot about the terrain other then a base map of what we could get" He replied to Chill, completely oblivious to the fight that had just happened.

Chill nodded 

"ok well for recon, seals, commandos. Any special forces 99% of the time. We're not fighting. We're getting too the fight, or spying on some jerk from a across from his house. Route planning and knowing how to get where we're going is crucial!" 

He he leads him into the room where he sees doc and midnight "hey guys" he says not facing them just waving. And points to the large map they have. 

"Ok blackwing. Options, options, options! Remember we're going to get dropped off and be walking with heavy packs; which we'll get too in a minute. For probably days! As point man we need you to find the quickest, easiest route. But also one that will evade the most enemies. Because they spot us only once! They radio in where here. Or we shoot them and they don't do there radio check. Then it's going to feel like half the population of the planet is going to come and kill us! We're compamised and life just sucks!" He takes a sip from his thermos and thinks up a hypothetical scenario.

He points to the map and picks a random spot. It's a jungle several hundred miles from promanade. "Ok this is our insertion point. And let's say we have to investigate this mountain." He points to a mountain directly ahead of there insertion point. To the scale of the map it appears to be about 100-150 miles away, hard to tell exactly without a protractor.  

Thought the point is directly in front of them the straight line to it has several mountains and hills. Leading up to the big mountan that is there destination. To the right is a paved road. And beyond that jungles with little townships in it. And to the left is a valley with a river going thru it. The river originates on said mountain where there point is. And the. Valley itself is extremely steep!

"ok based off of what you know tell me what you think would work best?

doc leans in on all fours in top of midnight. "Oh tha-" he's cutoff as chill and Blackwing come in. He looks down to her and blushes getting off of her and sitting next to her trying to be as appropriate as possible

Not in combat? He actually let out a laugh at that, as while he was true, he had been in enough fights while on those missions to know that stuff does not go to plan as much as people would like. He let Chill finish, then looked at the map, completely ignoring the situation they had just walked into. 

"No plan survives first contact, quote from.... someone" He said to Chill, chuckling a little before he just looked at the map, studying it. While the easiest path would obviously just to follow the road, he knew that would not keep them hidden.

"The only path that seems viable would be taking the paved road. Though that would get us seen. My path would be we cross the road, travel a little into the jungle for camo, then travel as far up to the mountain as we can get like that. Once we get to the edge, we exit the jungle and head up the mountain. The valley is to steep for real ease of walking, especially with our packs. And it wouldn't even be better if we went straight up these mountains" Black responds, wondering if he chose a good path.

Midnights cheeks were burning red as Chill and Blackwing enter the room, and as Doc moved to be normal, the sniper found herself putting the keetle on, and a teabag in her hand. She didn't remember moving from one side of the room to the other, focusing on trying to remove the blood in her cheeks.

*UNKNOWN LOCATION*

*RECORDING -COMMUNICATION CENTRE-

*START OF RECORDING BETWEEN SECOND-SERGEANT REAPER & LIEUTENANT LILLITH*

"Another pet project? What's his deal with this?"

"Don't ask me, I may be in the head of information but even I don't know the plan here"

"Useful as always Lights...This everyone on the team?"

"I told you don't call me lights...And yes, all the files on Fireteam 'Reaper'. Rather biblical, given you and her..."

"Don't go there, I really don't care Lights"

*Sigh* "I should have guessed. From what information I've got, they'll be deployed in the next day or so..."

"Good, then it'll be a quick mission. Now get me a pilot, I won't waste my time when I could be tracking her down"

*END OF RECORDING*

*NOTES OF INTERACTION BY WARRENT OFFICER BEHEMOTH AS FOLLOWS*

-Reaper Mission risk factor high due to personal

-Conflict between Reaper & Lillith continues

-Monitoring mission com signals required

Chill smiles "George patten said that. And the was talking about strategy. What we do is tactics. Big difrence ... So not a idea. But if it were me ... I would stick to the road. And then cross over. We will be wasting a lot of time and energy going up the first mountan. Also from up top we're going to be easy to spot. 

So what want to think. Is what route is most practical. Meaning what's fastest and easiest, Stays on flat ground. And has room for us to run or fight."

doc smiles and comes up next to dude and blackwing.

"hey doc can you please do me a favor and bring out out ruck-bags?"

mdoc nods "yes gunny" he says as he goes off to help set up there next activity.

Blackwing mentally beat himself up for that. He was thinking purely about how to keep hidden easily.

"Wouldn't staying on the road make it easy for us to be seen though? Im guessing patrols would be common on the road if we are doing deep recon"

Dude nods. 

"Yes but you forgot one important thing. Day or night? If we're following road at night, patrol cars will have headlights" he makes little binaculars with his eyes. "And patrolls larger than Us will be easy to spot. We will see there lights and anypony on the road well spot miles away.

and if were patrolling in the day; we stay in the side of the road away from the villages and jungle and hide there if anything goes by.

you got the right idea. You just got to think about our time and acually getting there. It's easy to look at the map and say "oh we're going up this mountan! Then thru the swamp! But we need to consider how much time it will take to get there and our own energy levels."

at at that moment doc came back in with a few ruck backpacks. "Does anyone have thee own there going. To use?"

As Chill explains it, he realizes what he was saying, though he was a little worried. He noted how what he said made sense, night or day made a massive difference. He waited for Chill to finish, then nodded. 

"I get it, more simple when you put it like that. I really hope i can get this down pat by the time we move out... Im good in the field, but this...." He said, shaking his head then sighing before perking up, prepared to do his best. Then, Doc came back.

"Il need to borrow one"

Midnight, with a cup of tea in both her hands, looks over at the males of Reaper Squad. They were all crowding around, being useful, and here she was, making tea.

"I'm good..." she says softly "I've got a backpack in my locker" she informs Doc upon hearing the order that they'll need backpacks as she fidgets with her hair braid.

Archived