S.S.D recon (private)

augercorn

Bam! 

Shock like lighting they his heart.

he was awake covered in sweat; his eyes wide in shock. he let go of midnight and jumped back slamming the back of his head onto the wall shaking the the whole room!

it took him a moment to realize what was going on before he whispered

"it's alright ... Everything's ok" not sure if he was talking to himself or midnight

he lay there in the bed his bare chest covered in sweat and heaving up and down. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few tears went down his eyes: as he gently wrapped his arms around midnight. 

He he was glad she was there with him in that strange moment. It was almost like after you pass out and feel blood and sensation return to you. She was there for him. 

"Did I hurt you?"  He asked like he was about to begin sobbing

he blinked a few times and starred at the bright light coming thru the other window; an old trick his uncle taught him to stop you from crying. 

Blackwing laughed, shaking his head as she left. He walked out, sighing as he felt the wind against his face again as he was back in the base. He could go to sleep, he could go to eat. But he wanted to go see Chill. He had a few..... questions he needed answered before they were possibly sent out on missions. 

He looked around, watching the pilot walk away before he started heading off to find Chill.

Chill was in the office looking at papers, muttering to himself 

"declaration of conflict" he was already working on plans and routines for the upcoming war. 

Meanwhile back in the room.

doc felt better as she hugged him. He rubbed his cheek against hers and slowly he began to calm down.

he remembered that fight. It was the only time one of his marines died in his care. Something he was ashamed and angered by every time he thought about it. Something he Tried to keep out of his mind.

for a moment he considered proposing that him and midnight shouldn't sleep in the same bed any more lest he hurt her again. But knowing midnight this would probably only make her mad!

he held her and rubbed her back gently with his fingers feeling there was nothing he could really say

Blackwing headed towards there little makeshift office, opening the door and entering in the room, only to see Chill looking at papers,  and Black had a really... bad feeling. He sighed, walking up to him.

"I guess its confirmed...."

Dude shook his head and set the papers Down

"not yet ... Sit down my boy and let me tell you a story!"

He rolls one of the wheeled chairs towards him. And he rolled over 

"you see suppose you decide ... You want to be president; or prime minister; whatever you guys got in Australia." He says as he takes a sip from his thermos

"so you go and try to get yourself Ellected and say ok let's solve problems! Only to get your face pushed inwards like your drinking from a fire hose. So you got to spread out how you do things. That and all the red tape and legal crap. You essentially have a government which is slower than a constipated sloth! Moral of the story; the government is slow tondo anything. Are we going to fight ... Most likely!" He said finishing with a flourish of his hands

he wheeled back and looked at his papers again. "I would expect we have a day or two; which I'm taking as a good thing"

Black listened to his little.... rampage. He was guessing that he had gotten something that was telling him to prepare, other wise why semi freak out about it? He shook his head at the end of his little speech, a little glad that they had a day or two to get ready. His heart was racing a little, in a way looking forwards to being able to get back into the field, but at the same time his constant nightmare was nagging him slightly uneased him, though he knew that once he was in the field he would be all good. He then remembered why he came, to get a few.... answers. 

"Chill, i want to know where your coming from. You know something about my team, something that only you and the boss know, and i, want, to know, what you know" He responds after, his tone changing. He was still asking about it, but he sounded serious, not in a threatening way, yet. He remembered back to earlier, when they had spied on them. Deep down, that had been bugging him, and now, he was alone with him. He could find out what that was all about.

Chill shrugged and went to a cabinet while saying "ohh well nothing that wasn't in your record. He pulls out a folder 

"most of its online these days but the u.n gave me that. .." He tossed it on his desk. 

" you were top of the class for training and were hand picked for black ops; rolled them for a bit ... Then well ... I read what happened, it sucks man I won't claim I know what it's like. Not many can. But if there's any way I can help ... Don't be afraid to call."

Blackwing shook his head, a little annoyed that he didn't answer the question he had asked. He winced for a moment when he said about what had happened. Blackwing was the only surviving member of the team, and he had to give the report. It was a horrible time, one that Blackwing would never forget... ever.

"No...... not many will know what its like to watch your team get gunned down..... to watch your CO get executed, but that's not what i was asking. What do you know about Midnight that you and the boss are keeping to yourselves?" He asks. He knew he was taking a risk, if the team got found out for having spied on them before, depending how Chill took it, everything might go south quickly. But he needed to know, who they thought she was, and why they would want to turn her in.

Dude nodded 

it was a strange nod like someone who got a good move placed on them in chess.

"midnight? Well she's a bad girl; were standing on the edge of war here and we don't know who or what she is" he placed his hand folded on his stomach and leaned back "only speculations. Why do you have one? I'll tell you what I think if you tell me what you think!"

Speculations? That word made Black more then a little intrigued. He thought deeply. He didn't really have many of his own, but he decided to indulge in Chills little..... deal.

"Like you said, she is a bad girl, but she is easily one of the best snipers iv worked with. As for a speculation about what she is, my best guess would be that she is a little like me, trained by some of the best out there, decided to specialize in accuracy at long range, probably went on to do a lot of Black ops missions. 'What' i think she is, is a devil" He answers, putting some force in the word 'devil', because it was what she was.

"So, whats yours?"

Dude perked in his chair, and listened. When he was done he leaned over and said 

"what in the world are you smoking and where can I find some!" He said in a quite but stern voice

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, that idea is so dumb I'm putting you at an intellectual level with the squid! That's soo  nonsense were selling it to a movie as a side plot and the main plot is about a pony who kills themselves in an attempt to tie there boots! That idea is so thick I'm putting it in my soup and smashing diamonds with it! That idea is stupid; and I totally agree with it" he said throwing his hands up leaning back.

" Your not thinking she is the one who did that to you? ... Right?"

Midnight slowly uncurled from her cuddling of Doc, sitting up on the bed and rubbing her eyes "You're ok now..." as she slowly got off the bed, and tried to fix her uniform so it didn't appear she'd just been sleeping, even trying to straighten her hair with her hands.

"It was just a dream Doc...l--like before..."

Dock frowned when she got off of him; he kind of whooshed they could lay like that all day. But he knew they would need to go talk to chill.

"right ... I guess we really are the same. "Sorry if I woke you."

he put on a pair of cammos and set his wetsuit to hang on the side. 

Doc only shook his head he wished midnight hadn't seen that side of him. "Hey .. I'll meet you at the recon office with chill. There's something I got to do." He said grabbing his phone and dialing the widow of his former teamate.

Midnight nodded her head, quickly heading out and locating the office, opening the door without thought and not hearing a word of the conversation between Dude and Blackwing.

"What's next?" She asks simply. She looked back and forth, and part of her screamed that they had something they were keeping, but she ignored that. If she let it bother her, she knew ways to get them to talk.

Dude smiled "heeey! What's next ... Well now that you to are both here you can pick either exercise next."

he lifted his hands and raised one forward "you can pick super mega death. Or" he lifted the other "chill fun time!" 

He smiled "and you two better agree because you don't want me too break the tie!"

Dude spun in his chair and in an exited tone said 

"who knows! That's the fun!" He stopped and looked serous for a moment and said

"but in all honesty this is important; sometimes one path is going to seem hard; the other easy. As a team we need to decide which one we pick on the fly. So get used to stuff like this; and figure out how we can agree on things. Roll dice" he said reaching in his pocket and picking out a dice "flip coins, thumb wrestle. Decide because we need to get used to it"

Midnight couldn't stop the frown coming onto her face. Why was this even an option?

"You pick, you're in charge of the squad" she says simply. That was the system. The squad leader ruled and made the call, and everyone else followed. She cared little to lead, she would perform regardless. She'd get her target, line it up, and pull the trigger.

Dude smiles a bit nodding "obedience ... That's good to an extent;  thinking on your own; is much better. That's kind of what I'm trying to teach you guys. On a recon team every members choices count for something; and everyone needs to think on there feet." He leans back and shrugs 

" besides; what if I'm dead; or separated  from you guys? What if I've been shot and doc has me on something weird that's making me scream and cry that the clowns are coming to get me?"

Midnight had to hide the lock of contempt she was feeling hearing Dude's plan.

"With all respect, I am more than capable of making individual decisions during a battle. However, decisions that directly affect the squad are left to the leader, and if not him, followed through the chain of command to the next highest ranking troop"

What a farce. Making life and death decisions that could be lethal in seconds a voting system? Was he trying to get them killed?! Blind obedience, less than ideal. But obedience to the order, the decision, that was required for any squad to operate successfully.

Blackwing was a little shocked when Midnight suddenly entered, though he shut up, moved to the side and listened to the whole conversation. When Chill gave them two choices, Black looked at his hands. So far, Chill had done everything with a hidden motive, meaning that there must be some kind of trick behind his whole..... training plan. He stayed to the side, observing, mainly Midnight, curious about how she was responding. He sighed after she said the last part.

"Midnight, once the gunfire goes off, and your in the head of a fight its not about ranks, or who is in charge. Its about working as a team to survive, pull through and get each other home. Yes, the squad lead will tell us when what to do, but that does not mean we can't make our own split second decisions which affect the team" Blackwing replies, speaking to both of them. He walks up to Chill, looking both left and right. 

"And sometimes, that means trust your instinct and hope for the best" He says, then he points at the left hand, choosing that, as the next course.

Dude smiles "see he gets it!"

Rather peacefully he said "ahh death; get the hard stuff out of the way now." He said with a nod.

he looked to midnight and wipped any anger of his face and said "he's right. If your going to roll with recon you need to be smart, and know how to work with your squad. So do you agree?" 

Archived