S.S.D recon (private)

augercorn

Midnight knew she'd messed up, and felt annoyance hearing her commanding officer discussing the possible idea of dropping her from the team entirely. She leaned herself against a wall, running her hands through her hair as she shook her head and looked over at Doc and Blackwing.

"I-i'm sorry...for back then, I should have kept my temper under control...A-and instead now that chill guy thinks i'm a loony..."

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc gives her a quick hug "it's ok, we're going to be fine!" He lets go right as chill walks in 

"allright; this!"he says raising his arms out "is the office we were given. We can use it for ops planning, map study, sleeping, you name it!" He walked on the other side of them pulling out a map and putting it on the table 

"allright. This is lailand a small country about the size of New York.  It's mostly jungle with a few developing city's and mountains. We got some riveted here and that's where you can find all the big cities including the capital!" He says pointing to the map showing them. 

"Now lailand's right in the middle of a temperate zone. And because of some unique geography has some of the fiercest ocean imaginable. Even the locals are afraid of the surf. That said ... If we can master the surf, take some beaches and do amphibious operations, we'll have an massive advantage over whoever we're dealing with no matter what!"

hebsaid sitting in a chair rolling back "that said do you know anything about ambitious stuff?" 

Doc was about to say something when dude cut him off "you don't count doc I know you can," 

doc simpmy laughed "all that crap in Coronado wasn't for nothing!"

dude then looked to blackwing and midnight waiting for an answer

Black didn't do anything formally, just shrugging as they walked out of the room, but when he noticed Doc spying on them, he was quick to join, listening in. What he heard made him more then a little.... worried about the guy, but he was glad that he was at trying to keep them. He was a little confused, and annoyed, at him saying that their styles were issues, Black taking it as a little of a insult. 

Once they had run, and reach the room, Black had just gone over and leaned against the wall, fully spacing out until he heard Midnight. He wanted to go say something, but he knew it wasn't really his strong suit, and worrying he might make things worse, he stays away. Listening to Chill as he talks, once he got in the room, and then he asked about Amphibious Transport. Thinking back, Blackwing remembered doing it, it had been part of his training with the Commando's, they had learnt how to operate in air, land, and sea conditions, though his strong suit had always been air insertions, or ground. 

"2nd Commando's drilled the hell out of us with it, i know it" He replied, then added "Though Para dropping is funner" 

This was their new home? It could be homier, but at least it wasn't her original room. Midnight looked at the map, it seemed simple enough, although the geography could be problematic. Although, when he suggested sea operations, Midnight looked at the ground. How was she meant to admit the reality? She sighed heavily, trying to distract herself with the bonus of at least she had this room to do as she wished.

"...I can barely swim..." she muttered defeatly "I can fly air-vehicles and hit anything with my rifle, b-but, I don't know anything about the water.."

She looked up, clearly embarrassed. Her childhood she stayed indoors, only learning the basics of swimming in school, and she was grabbed by him before she ever got trained. Once grabbed, she was trained to shoot and fly, but never swimming. Hearing that Blackwing and Doc both knew how, made it even worse. She was easily the weakest link in the team now...

Dude had a small peice of paper with all his plans on it. Which he crumbled up and dropped down his throat. 

An old habit he had of eating any paper that might have mission critical data, to make sure it didn't fall in enemy hands. He washed it down with a sip of his thermos, and thought "won't need that anymore. ok this makes things .... Harder maybe impossible. Maybe I can teach her amphib. Maybe? If she really is a devil then she's got to be stronger than she looks. And I mean between me doc and black here I'm sure we can get her thru!"

"ok that's cool we'll figure something out tomorrow, and uhh yeah well figure out something."  He said aloud not worried.

Doc upon hearing this almost went completely red. His mind was a flurry! Finally he gained control  he spoke to himself "it's ok ... It's ok no one has done amphibious assault since ww2 of course they would't teach her .... Even though it's pretty much standerd to all spec ops!" He spoke aloud "midnight I uhh. Well .... Gunnery Seargent" 

dude put his hand up interrupting him "don't say the g- word! Just call me dude."

"sorry ... Dude." He would have to get used to talking normal to his team leader "  if we can't work as a team we'll have to find some other way." Doc paused did he really just put the woman he loves under the spot like that!

dude shook his head and said "uhhh no $:&/ man. Look amphib is the way to go we do a work up tomorrow and see if it's viable or not. That said!" He stood up taking a break with another sip. 

Doc felt a bit foolish leaning against the wall. 

Dude finsihed his drink and said "we need to finish prepping our new team room here! And we need to prepare for the work up. Shooter choice on ... Everything" 

(shooters choice or shooters pref pretty much means do whatever you want) 

doc nods "the uniforms and equipment?" Dude nods walking over with a smile "shooters choice man!" He says slapping his shoulder.  Did turned to the team spreading his hands across he room "Now for our room here I want a jolly Rodger and ... A maybe each of you pick a band poster!" He said happily rubbing his hands together "I can also see what I can do about getting us a couch" 

doc couldn't help but laugh seeing him more exited about decorating then putting in operation equipment.

Fantastic! Everyone had to change, because she couldn't swim! That was the basic sum up of what just happened in front of her, and it pissed Midnight off to no end. She tuned herself out of the conversation shortly into it, not wanting to hear the 'boys' prattle on and on because she didn't swim! She moved from her position on the wall, moving to the window and looking out over the base. Sometimes it was dumbly complicated yet the simplest thing on earth, and yet it was all she had. Life. And it was something she was trained to steal from others. She hadn't heard the conversation change from her lack of water training into how they decorate the room, but continues to stare out of the window and her mind wandered. And she soon found herself on a battlefield, rifle in hand.

She was aiming at a spec ops team, of some type. Her team had rallied with a division of regulars, and were to remove the special forces. The regulars were going down in dozens, but she'd managed to take out all par 2 of them, but that duo was resilient and she didn't want to reveal her position. Finally she saw the shot onto one of them, and she squeezed the trigger, the round crashing into her target.

"All hostiles secure...Middy, love, come here..." mutters an all-too familiar voice...

When he heard that Midnight couldn't swim, he was pretty shocked, he would have guessed that  she would have been trained to do that. He listened as the other two, accidentally or on purpose, he didn't know, kinda pointed it out more. Sighing, he leaned against the wall, zoning out for a moment while he tried to find a plan, something that could get them, and whatever little gear they bring with them,into a hostile country undetected. If this had been any normal op, he would have opted to more or less base jump out of a cargo plane WAAAY above most radar detection, but he knew how dangerous that could be, and he doubted that these guys had a lot of experience with that kind of stuff.

Thinking about each persons specialties, he tried to think of a idea. Doc was trained for this, he was a Navy Corpseman, trained to work on boats, in the field, and, he was guessing, his training would have included heavy swimming lessons. If your working on boats, major thing is the water. Then there was Midnight. a INSANE shot with a sniper. Something about her.... made him a little weary, though it might just be because of how brutal she could seem, though he didn't know, but despite all that, he trusted her. He was guessing she was a quick learner, and depending on they use as a infiltration vehicle, there was a good chance she wouldn't actually need to learn how. 

Last but not least, there was Chill,  the new squad leader. He had rolled with marines and seals, meaning he easily knew how to swim, and Black guessed that in a firefight, he was a mean son of a ***** to take down. When he had met him, the entrance was quite.... surprising, but it didn't exactly leave him with much to go on. Racking his mind, he kept trying to find a way in, but without much luck.

"What if we just ram a CRRC onto a beach? Or if amphibious is out of the question, we could speed land a chopper"  He says, just deciding to throw random suggestions out there. He knew he didn't mention a good alternative, but the last time he had done that WITH a team... It... didn't end well.

If they were listening or not, he walked over to Midnight, he didn't before, but this time he wanted to at least say something.

"We will find a way, besides, id rather not get drenched if i didn't have to" 

Dude nodded to blackwing "yeah we use zodiacs which are ...." He stopped when he saw blackwing walk off 

doc nodded "he does that a lot.nsonwe have till the end of the day to prepare for the work up and decoratenthe out new room!"

dude nodded "That's the plan." Doc nods "ok I'll set up our gear lockers and get us all some ropes." 

Doc saw midnight and blackwing talking and nodded knowing it would be good for them to get to know each other a little better. And left the room to go to work. Now that he was friends with the supy officer it would be a lot easier. 

dude nodded and came up to them "hey no sweat. It's just something I want to try. Besides were going to be on land most of the time. That said doc will set up our equipment. That said do you guys have any questions!"

She'd walked forward, her right hand on the hilt of their pistol. She walked through the open battlefield, spotting her Commanding Officer. On their knees, the enemy Commander had been captured. "Execute him"

Midnight reaches for her pistol, pulling it out and spinning it in her hand a few times before placing it against his temple, and pulling the trigger.

Midnight shook her head. Another memory of, back then. Returning to the now, she looked around to see Blackwing standing beside her.  She hadn't heard him say anything. She looked over at him, hoping she could make it up as she goes. "Don't you start going on about it too..."

Blackwing could tell she didn't hear what he said just by what she said, telling him not to go on about it either. 

"I don't plan to. We will find a way to do this, we did last time. Besides, id rather not get wet if it can be helped. Im guessing you know the feeling" He replied, the last part referring to her role as a sniper, which often could be behind enemy lines. 

When he said the last part, he instantly thought back to when he had lost his CO, looking down at his chest, remembering the many wounds he had taken in that fight, and that sniper round which he had taken for his CO, only to watch him be executed right in front of him. He still didn't know how he had survived that, but he knew if he ever found who had taken his whole family away from him, he would kill them. If that sniper who ever pulled the trigger, or the person who commanded the sniper to do it, became known to him, he knew exactly what he planned to do.

(Time skip)

the rest of the day was spent preparing for the work up. Doc and dude coordinated to get there equipment ready. And then they spent the rest of the day explaining how recon marines usually work. 

They insert any way they can. Land, sea or air. But then it's usually all on foot from there. Dude wants to do a normal amphibious insertion. Which is aircraft to get out in the ocean jump off then swim with your pack to the shore and start finding and observing the enemy. 

Doc got them some good packs but he knew they probably had some of there own. The standard recon load was about 100 pounds. They carry cameras and all the accessories. A tough-book laptop computer. Navigation equipment, maps a dagger gps and protectors and pencils. Plenty of water. A hindsight kit (a hindsight Is your little tent headquarters you make in the field) any extra ammo and weapons. And in between the team they carried lots of battery's ... Which was the heaviest. 

The point man would be modified to have the lightest pack so he or she could easily scurry around to keep the area clear. 

And dude somehow managed to bring a rather large comfey couch into the room. He seemed a little upset they didn't get more decorations in yet but it didn't matter now. Finally he arranged for lt. Scootaloo to fly them out to the coast tomorrow with all there gear. 

Doc even managed to get midnight a wetsuit. ... But in order for it to fit they had to cut the sleeves and most of the legs. It ended up covering as much as a t shirt and some tiny shorts. But they usually wear Camo over the suit so it didn't really matter.

The final word dude gave was "ok let's meet up at the airfield tomorrow. Sometime around zero nine. That's it lets get some rest." And with that they were off duty. After a shower and such doc and midnight went back to there room. He spend the night reassuring her about how much he trusted her and loved her, before they both finally fell asleep. 

Around 6:30 doc's phone alarm went off blasting some music. He got out of bed and walked over turning it off, and stretching out. "Alright you ready for today?" He asked midnight.

dude was still asleep his plan was to get as much sleep as possible. Get some chow then finalize everything.

She was surrounded by water. Nothing but water on all sides. She was trying to keep afloat, gasping for air as she flailed in the water and slowly she began sinking, swallowing water before going under and unable to keep herself up. Shivering, she opens her eyes and sees Doc stretching out, calming herself down as it instantly dawns on her that it was all a dream. She takes a deep breath as her mind goes over last night, being hugged from behind, remaining the 'little spoon' for the night.

She groans at him, curling back under the blanket in protest to getting up "I don't wanna get upppp..."

Gunfire. Screams. Blood, mud. 

Blackwing scrambled to cover, the one other surviving of his team there with him. Both of them had been in this firefight for over five hours, and it had become night.  Peaking his head over the fallen tree, he raises his Scar, firing off four rounds, and watching as four hostiles dropped dead as each shot went into there heads. He and his team had been in a firefight for over five hours, and that was at his last check. There was dozens of flashes going around from all the guns being fired constantly. This mission had gone south, his team of eight had been reduced to two. Him, and his CO. Both of them had held off what they were guessing had been a small army so far. Low on ammo, and tired, they struggled to stay alive.

Peaking his head above again, he emptied his clip, watching as an aditional three dropped. His CO doing the same. Reloading, Blackwing leapt over the cover, rolling and crouching as he fired rounds, forcing the remaining odd seven hostiles into cover. His Teammate got up, taking shots, taking out three of them, leaping over with him. Watching as the forces ran, they kept firing, then, Black saw a flash. Quickly moving in front of his Co, only to hell in pain, everything going red. He collapsed pretty fast. He was barely concious, but he could feel himself being dragged. Passing out, he woke up next to his CO. His vision was blurred, but he could hear what was going on. Watching as a sniper pulled a pistol out, putting it against his head. 

Bang

Blackwing woke up, sweating, panting. After he had gone to sleep, he had instantly started reliving the worst mission of his life. That mission had cost him his family, and he barely survived. Groaning as he got out of bed, he looked at the time. 6:30AM. He sighed, shaking his head clear. Getting up, he went to his uniform, putting on the same one as yesterday. He had washed it, it having become a sort of practice while he was on base. After being dressed, he headed off to get something to eat. He needed to be ready for the mission to come.

Doc chuckled at seeing her roll over like that he took the time to slip into his wetsuit and his camp and boots on underneath. 

He went over and massaged her shoulders and neck saying "well if you don't get up; then your going to be mine all day!" He says as he goes to tickling her!

dude finally wakes up. After quickly putting on his uniform he goes to the chow hall he sees blackwing there and gets in line next to him "hey; you ready for everything today?"

Once he had gotten to the chow hall, he had just gotten some basic food, but had gotten enough to tie him over until the mission started, he wanted to eat as much as he ould before he started having to ration... again. He had been in the middle of eating some bacon and eggs when Dude had come over, asking if he was ready. 

"For the most part. Still would rather not have to actually get wet, but i can deal with it" He said, then took another mouthfull, eating before pondering something, turning and looking at Chill.

"What do you think i should bring. Weapon wise. I don't know if my Rifle will be to big for this. Are we working mainly in the jungle, or we going urban? Also, who is point man?" He asked, his mind racing into tac mode. His mind racing to think of what kind of firearm would be best where they were going. 

Dude shook his head "relax man; were just training. Like I said it's all shooters pref. if you want to bring your rifle; that's great if you don't want to bring anything. That's great too." He said trying to calm him down. 

"And well I think we'll stay on the cost the whole time but the spot were going to is a beach along the jungle. Should be pretty relaxed."

Sighing, Blackwing just looked at him. 

"I can't relax" He replied, closing his eyes, taking a deep breath before thinking more. So beach? If they were just securing a beach on a country that is ready for war, he would need something longish range, but if they went into the jungle.... His scar would be fine for that. His mind kept thinking, wanting to be ready for any hitch that they would come across, he had already hit enough.

"Yeah, training. More like planning. If you only have one plan, this is going to go to hell. Also when are we finding out if we actually ARE heading out?"

Dude looks to him "no $;:& man. And o have no idea when it's all supposed to start. I can try to get some info about that before we go ... But I till then it's when celestial gets off her butt and does the paperwork" 

Dude is done with his meal. And stands up with a yawn "whenever your ready meet me at the flight line. We got an interesting day ahead of us." He says as he walks off.

there still is a lot of work he has to do for the operation amount which is ordering people to load up the transport with the gear they would be using and the standard mountain of work to do anything in the military.

meanwhile doc finally lets go of his relentless assault making sure she is good and ryled up!

Midnight didn't resist Doc as he started massaging her shoulders, but curled up and tried to hide under the blanket, failing, as she was tickled, letting out yelps of protest. She tried to stop the tickling, to meh success, until Doc finally let her go, leaving the sniper slightly short on breath and growling up at him. Sitting up, she shakes her head with her hair spreading out everywhere, messy.

Slowly getting out of the bed, she grabs her clothes, and without thinking, starts to change in front of doc into her military uniform. "Training today yes?"

Doc's jaw dropped! At first he wanted to watch her and enjoy! Was she now comfortable enough to do this in front of him? But then doc figured just in case 

he turned around  facing the wall  and threw the blanket over his face. his voice hitting the thin mateial muffling it a bit "uhh-yeah chill's work up on the cost. Uhh don't put your wetsuit on just yet. I put mine on and I'm melting already! Although yourse does have some room to breath."

meanwhile 

dude trotted in to s1 and got some papers. He made a quick detour and headed into the Intell Chiefs office. It was a small one but she had a mini TV constantly set to some kind of government news. He took a swig of his drink adjusting his uniform ready to smooth talk as much as he could from her. 

After a semi successful 15 minutes he got no info other than what he allredy knew. Did seem to butter her up some which would no don't pay off later. They would be ordered to actually start the fight when and if nato decided to declare war. Something that they were reasonably hesitant about. It was a good and bad thing. Good because they had time to work up and train. Bad because everyone was on edge. 

He slipped into the recon office and traded his uniform for some red and white swim trunks with dragon designs on them and a standard black hoodie.

(a black hoodie is the essential "badass" uniform item showing you have seen some form of action. Although chill wears it more because heines it. It because he particularly wants to impress anyone) he finished his sufer dude look with some sunglasses and headed to the flight line with a pack. 

He saw the flight crew was already losing here zodiac boat to the offsprey and everything was in order

Midnight continues getting changed, her mind completely blanking the fact she was changing in front of Doc, still too sleepy to be fully aware as she put on her uniform, grabbed the wetsuit and carried it over her shoulder, taking her boyfriends advice.

Boyfriend. Is he my boyfriend? We are sleeping in the same bed, and I love him, so, I think he is...

"Mine looks like it's custom made which is nice, hopefully it all goes well..." Opening her locker, she grabbed snack bars she stored there previously, opened them up and started eating, throwing a few over at Doc, frowning seeing himself buried in the blanket. "Eat up, from what i'm aware, water stuff is hard..."

Doc fixed the bed and ate the protein bar; it was surprisingly filling. He walked with her and shook his head "well pretty much all American special forces go they intensive water training, they call it drown proofing. But besides that we all know how to dive and work underwater. All stuff I'll teach you" he said to her reassuringly. 

When thu reached the flight line dude was in the offsprey talking to scootaloo.

as they aproched they saw blackwing. Doc nodded to him not expecting much in return. He checked and saw everything they needed had been loaded up. And they all got on. 

Dude began talking as they took off "alright. This is just an assement of ourself. Like I said the water is the best chance we got. ... In the jungle the locals will always have the advantage!" He said as the rotors got louder "it's like when you were a kid and could always run away from the cops! You knew the land and where to go, same thing they can take pot shots at us and we'll never find them. And as for air; we don't know what there doing but if they already shot you guys down once?" He says raising his hands 

doc yelled back "still we need!" He stopped as the rotors were really too loud to hear 

he adjusted his seat so he was close to midnight and waited. It wasn't long until the air tasted salty and they aproched the shore. At first it looked like a beaitiful resort like Hawaii or California. But on second look, the waves were enormous! Doc looked out the window and pointed "that one was 10 feet tall!" 

scootaloo landed them on a small price of concrete not far from the sand. As soon as the rotors stopped dude smiled "all right lets insert. He says jumping out and unloading. 

Doc nodded jumping out also, he took off his cammo and unzipped his wet suit partially getting some air on his body. 

Dide began taking the packs off and laughed tossing Layla to blackwing

hebthen went over to scootaloo and said "hey maim; I need to talk with you about something walking off with her.

Midnight finishes her bars listening to Doc. She never had the training for water, she was a pilot and sniper, she stayed back, she killed her target and she was their transport. Still, despite all his reassurance, Midnight felt nervous. Water and her, never really got along, and she was worried what could happen if she let her panic get the better of her. On the ospray, it got worse. A biting in her chest at her heart. Dude was right, water was their best hope at getting in, but she didn't need to like it. She was changed into her wetsuit, having done so in private, hanging her feet off the edge of the gunship, leaping up as they landed. Grabbing her equipment, the lightest of the backpacks, along with a 50 cal sniper. It wasn't hers, but a spare. She wasn't risking her Sniper in the water, in case something went wrong and she lost it.

Scootaloo tilted her head at Dude, nodding her head as the pair of them walked off "Hey, whatsup? Whatcha need from this awesome pilot?" 

The beach would of been perfect. If it wasn't for the waves throwing salt and mist at them. The waves definty were intimidating. Doc was scarred but also exited. 

While doc handed blackwing a a box of equipment he saw midnight come out in her new wetsuit.

He liked  it 

he turned to blackwing and said "you can come with us of you want. I'm just going to help midnight with some things."

he came up to her smiling "hey I saw a river basin not far from here; want to practice some swim techniques?" 

Archived