Unnamed Interaction (Participants: Lyi & Thy) (Status: Closed)

Counterproductive. It seemed like a better word to describe Nameless' circular-tracked gallop was inconceivable. There was nothing an artificial pony could gain from exercising in such a manor, yet there he was; running around a tree for an undetermined reason. Was there a reason? No. Not unless the short grey pegasus sought out to deplete his battery power. 

It had been approximately 120 hours since Nameless had arrived in Ponyville, but this was his first experience with having nothing but free time outside of the places where he had previously occupied. What was one supposed to accomplish when there was no given objective? But then again, the action of achieving needless ideas at his whim coupled with no consequences proved to be an experience that he found to be exhilarating.

In short; Nameless was new in town and was having fun with his first experience of pure freedom on the weekend.

Unfortunately for the running pony, making endless circles around the tree was not a plausible activity when faced with reality, and other forms of preoccupation would be required to fill up the void of the weekend. Acknowledging this, Nameless set off to find another experience to joyfully enrich his time.

Finding luck almost immediately, Nameless' attention was caught by a psychedelicly colored poster stapled to a billboard. He approached and read the words the poster was trying so hard to show off. 

'The Long Weekend Music Festival' was what the advertisement endorsed, and 'only the finest and most talented musicians of Canterlot and Ponyville' was what it bragged.

Well there was no denying that this was an event worth checking out at the very least, especially since it was free to go. Spreading his metallic wings, Nameless took off to the edge of town to take part in what would be his very first 'ultimate shindig'.

((Oh my gosh our names rhyme!))

Nightingale was already setting up her booth.  She had been invited to the event by the organizer, and she was beaming in complete delight to see excited ponies.  At least, until they went past her station.  She had absolutely no music-mainly because the carriage with her DJ materials had arrived late.  She was panicking on the inside, but looking as calm and collected as she always did.  

Fellow Canterlot musicians looked confused on why the hit up-and-coming DJ from the Undreground Music Scene had absolutely no tunes, and it devastated her to be among so many amazing songs with none of her own to show off.  She felt...defeated.  There really was no point in coming to a music festival with no music.  Ponies still visited her stall-here to buy an album, single, or EP.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, her Aerion body gleaming in the bright sunlight.

A strange shadow swept over the sky, and she instantly identified it as a Pegasus'.  But it was odd-the shadow honing a strange effect.  

"Hey!  You!  M8!"  She called out.

Now the call could have been to anypony in the crowds below, but this particular calling out seemed directed to Nameless, even if his title was not 'M8'. Assuming that it was he who had been beckoned, the grey pony pulled up and around to swoop down and situate himself in the most convenient place to make an approach to the one who seemed to desire his attention.

After successfully landing among the ponies below, Nameless troted toward Nightingale's booth confidently through the mess of ponies despite being smaller than almost all of them. He folded his wings on the move and blinked a few times, eyes darting to each and every pony with a swift and stiff gaze, scanning to find a matchup between the voice he had heard and the likely possessor of that voice.

He found a very promising match at one of the booths in little time-- and the fact that she was looking directly at him practically confirmed that she was the one he was looking for.

"You. Do you seek my attention?" Nameless questioned with authority, as he looked upward to meet eye-to-eye with Nightingale, though not forgetting to speak politely.

She was bedazzled by the pegasus in front of her.  He was just so...so...strange!

1-He was acting way too formal and polite for a music festival.

2-He was being too direct to the DJ.  Most ponies at music festivals adored her-rarely did they ever call her "you"

3-He looked so...strange.  There was definitely something off from him.

4-He was too stiff and swift to be at a music festival

And the fact that she didn't have all her music with her made her even more uncomfortable under the stare of this creature.

"H-Hi!"

Almost as if the pegasus could read her mind, Nameless immediately turned to being apologetic 

"I'm sorry, was that too direct? Maybe that wasn't the best choice... Sorry!" He appeared to be worried now, quite possibly about his demeanour.

"I just meant to ask if you tried to call out to me as I was flying." 

She gulped, "I did indeed,"

She eyes the pony, going up and down,"You don't...seem the type to hang out around here.  What clique are you in?"

"Oh, I'm not part of anything, ma'am." The short greyscale pony shook his head "I've never actually been to a social such as this before, and I was excited to see what it's all about..."

Nameless cut his own train of thought off as he gathered that this pony at the booth was somewhat uncomfortable "A-are you okay, ma'am? You look tense." he stuttered unsure of whether his question was even a good idea at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ma'am?  What was with this pony?

"You really don't need to be so formal.  This ain't really a social, either...I mean-the festival goes on during the day for you to buy music and listen to the more 'tame' performaces.  The good stuff happens at night,"

Ravs.

Political lyrics.

Heavy metal.

Blaring bass.

Dubstep.

"If you want, you can stick with me for the day and I can take you around,"  

This pony didn't seem to quite fit in anyways, despite seeming to want to.  Why not be a good host?

"I... I don't see why not. I haven't got a protocol to follow, so I might as well!" Nameless jumped with a flutter of his wings, refracting rays of sunlight about.

"I've never seen an actual live performance before, so this should be an experience to catalogue!" he skipped over to his new guide, awaiting the launch of his tour~ 

She smiled gently, "First thing you want to do-is drop that formal language:  Use ya street slang-bud!"  

She smiled again, then rather roughly, said, "Ya scum!  Bud couldn't hurry faster with ma mix?"  She turned to the poor stallion-carrying all her luggage.  She rushed towards him, though not to lift his load.  She snatched the very bag on the bottom, "Ma babes!"  She reached inside and patted her disc, grinning at her music.  The poor stallion collapsed.

Archived