Puttin' on the Buck [ RuqyoHighsong / Dubstep ]

Buckwheat looked up at the shop sign: Puttin’ on the Glitz. “Well, this is the place that Grandma said.†Buckwheat was in Ponyville again, visiting his grandparents. He dearly loved his grandma, and she loved him just the same. Of course, he knew that at one point his mother and grandmother had fought because of her marrying a donkey, he had been told that much. But now, years later, things were hunky-dory between them, and grandma loved having him stay with them.

“Oh, Jonathan,†She had called out to him (by his first name, no less) just before he bolted out the door for the park. “I was wondering if you could do grandma a favour. Could you be a dear and pick up my order from ‘Puttin’ on the Glitz’? It’s a fashion store in the center of town. You can’t miss it.†He slumped for a second, but then recovered.

“A’right, grandma, Ah’ll go get it fer ya.†He had said with a smile, eager to be a dutiful grandson.

“Thank you, I appreciate it. I have other engagements to take care of today, so that will be a big help to me.†She gave him a kiss on the cheek, and then ushered him gently out the door.

And now, after having wandered about for a while, looking for the shop, he had found it. He pulled the door open, hearing the bell chime, announcing the presence of a customer. Stepping inside, he looked about in wonder. So many fancy clothes! He had never been in any fashion stores with his mother before, and thus he was flabbergasted at all the neat designs and fabric. He wandered over to a dress, and thought that it’d look lovely on his mother. Buck felt the fabric. “Gee, sure is soft.†He whispered in quiet wonder. For a moment, he forgot about his errand, and began browsing about the store, taking it all in.

Glitzen roamed about the back room of his shop, sorting out various garments and accessories; boxing up ones out of season or fashion and digging out the in and fabulous designs of now as he sang and hummed to himself quietly "♪Thread by thread, stitching it together~ Hmm hmm hmm~♫" when after a moment, he heard the entry bell ring; peaking out of the back room, GG spied a little mule admiring a lovely purple silk dress; smiling to himself as the boy wandered the shop in mild awe, Glizen giggled before chiming in, "Be with you and just a moment darling; I've just got to finish packing this box and I'll be right out!" popping back into the back room for a few more moments, Glitzen folded and sorted away the last stack he was sorting and flitted back out, landing next to the lad with a smile, "Alright dear, how may I help you today?"

Buck’s attention was distracted for a moment as he heard a soft voice float his way. He turned and saw a blue pegasus with a long, flowing orange mane peeking out from the backroom. Before Buck could respond, the pegasus excused herself for a moment. He admired the dress some more, nuzzling the soft fabric. “Gee, if’n Ah had any bits, Ah’d definitely buy this for Ma.â€Â

Several moments later, he was surprised again by the pegasus. She moved very quietly, and he turned at her voice to find her standing right beside him. “Oh, heh. Good day ma’am. Mah name is Buckwheat. Ah hope you don’t mind me lookin’ about, Ah’ve just never been in one of these ‘ere fashion shops, so it’s quite a lot to take in.†He looked at the dress he had been admiring. “Ah was just sayin’ to mahself that mah Ma would look good in this dress. Unfortunately, Ah’ve no bits to mah name.†He said somewhat sadly, lowering his head. Suddenly remembering his errand, he raised his head again. “Ah almost forgot the reason Ah was here. Mah grandma sent me to pick up her order. It’s under the name ‘Calico Weave’, and Ah believe she’s already paid for it in advance, or so she told me this morn’.â€Â

Glitzen smiled as he listened to the young boy, he couldn't help but giggle lightly at the 'ma'am' comment, he got that so often, that there was little point in even bothering to correct anyone anymore, "Heheh, it's a pleasure to meet you, Buckwheat." the fashionista said with a polite nod, "My name is Glitzen Glamour; I'm glad you like it darling, it's my newest outfit! I made it last night." stepping over to the silken garment, GG ran a hoof across the smooth fabric with a smile, the dress had turned out better than he had hoped, the seams were nigh invisible and the fabric laid so well, "Ahh, yes, Calico's order, indeed, it's paid for and wrapped up to go!" he said flitting over to the counter and ducking underneath for a moment.

After a bit of waiting, GG flitted back over, carrying a bag with a stylized version of his initials on, as were all bags for the higher end purchases; inside was a gorgeous black satin saddle, adorned with a brilliant golden vine trim around it, "Here you go dear, I do hope your grandmother enjoys wearing it as much as I enjoyed making it!"