Wait... Is This A Date? (Private)

AlextheAngel

Dawn scrambled about in his mansion in a desperate attempt to find his brush. He had set up a... well, he wouldn't exactly call it a "date", but more of a "hang out" with his sponsor Steampunk, and he wanted to make sure that he was in pristine condition. Ever since Steam became his sponsor, the relationship had grown rather quickly into a deep friendship, something that the young musician very rarely had. Whenever he met with somepony, it was either at a signing, or strictly for business purposes. Not this time, though. For the first time in two years, he was going to spend an entire day with a very good friend. No business, no signings and hopefully no unwanted attention from the media. Just a simple dinner and a movie...

Dawn gave a frustrated sigh as he remembered that his brush was in his master bathroom, rather than the one near his living room. As fast as he could, he bolted upstairs and made it to his bathroom, finding his brush sitting on the counter next to the sink. He glanced at his watch and gulped. "Five minutes..." With that, he quickly began to comb the knots from his mane, hoping that it would all stay in place. As he did this, he also sprayed a bit of cologne on his neck for good measure.

A nervous clump stayed inside her throut.  She knew that this was no 'official date', but it was sure posed like one.

Let's meet at this super fancy expensive restaurant where you have to follow a dress code.  

She slipped on a silky satin dress, diamonds hemmed at the edges to hide any loose threads.  The dress was tight-fitting, like a nicer version of her usual skirt.  She gave a smile, but the lump wouldn't leave.  Their friendship had grown far beyong simple sponsor-sponsored.  It was usually a quick meet-up at a local fast food chain, talks about finance and buisness, and leaving with no emotion whatsoever.  But they're meetings...

Go to a nice restaurant.

Chat about friends and family.

Help each other.

Eat good food.

Talk only a little bit about finance and business.

Stay until unusually late hours for unusually long times.

Waving while watching each other leave.

She took a deep breath, and fastened a sapphire necklace around her neck.  She clasped a few gold bangles onto her left legs, before checking over herself in the mirror.  She never did that with any other pony.  Not even at her brother's engagement party.  She grabbed the perfume and spritzed a few pumps, sniffing the air for it's floral scent.  

All while telling herself that this was no date, and that she was simply a 'sponsor' to the very handsome celebrity.

With how frantic Dawn was, he succeeded more in pulling small clumps of his mane out rather than straightening it. Either way, he looked himself over carefully in the mirror and decided it was good enough, before slapping on a bit of hairspray so that it would all stay in place. There, now he was completely ready to go. All he had to do was simply wait for Steam to arrive in her taxi and hope that he wouldn't be so nervous that he would begin sweating, and it would show through his white long-sleeved shirt that he wore underneath a fancy-looking black dress coat and tie.

Well...the perfume wasn't exactly working out.  One spritz had turned into a few...which had turned into the bottle cap popping open...and you know the rest~ 

Point was, she now smelled like she bathed in sewage and desperately tried to salvage herself by sticking flowers all over herself.  She smelled bad.  Like, really bad.  It was bad enough she was so nervous for this date, but being one of Equestria's top names smelling like a 'garbage+flower eau de perfume' was no luxory.  

Urgh, well this sucks, she facehoofed, If I take a quick shower, I'll either end up arriving wet-or arriving very late.  If I go like this...well....eheh...heh....no.

She grimaced, before calling for her 'helping hoof/assistant'.  I should really think about cutting down my entourage these days.  I don't need a First Assistant, a Second Assistant, an Intern, the Chaperone, a Third Assistant, an Organizer, a Head Photographer, another Photogragher, an Event Recorder, and two Security Guards following me everywhere I go.  For goodness sakes-I'm a grown mare!  And it's quite a hassle to book an that many rooms for every trip I make.  

Her 'First Assistant' rushed downstairs to the lobby of the hotel, eager to help Steam in sending the Taxi off to collect her 'date' first.  

Steam, on the other hoof, still had to deal with her rather unpleasant stench. 

One horrible smell to go.

One popular rock star.

One rich sponsor.

One taxi sent off to collect the rock star.

And Steam was freaking out.

Dawn was busy staring at himself in the mirror, fiddling with his shirt and tie when he heard his doorbell ring loudly, causing him to jump in surprise. "Coming!" He called. He looked over himself one last time, pulling the sleeves of his shirt down as far as they would go... mainly because a tattoo of an eastern dragon may not be the most ideal thing to stare at during a date... He blinked in surprise and shook his head. No, not a date... it's just a meeting. He thought to himself. A meeting with a friendly, beautiful mare... With a sigh, he opened the door and immediately noticed the taxi sitting at the end of his walkway. As he walked closer, he noticed that Steam was not in the back seat like she normally would be. Hopefully nothing went wrong.

She stepped from the shower, no longer smelling like...that.  She gave herself a smile, be realized she could no longer wear her chosen outfit, because it smelled like...that.  

She grumbled.

Luckily, her assistants were quick to help, fishing out all sorts of outfits for her.  She smiled at them, but instead reached into her bag and pulled out a dress she bought a few hours earlier at the hotel lobby store.  It was a nice brand-Duchess le Chandelier-and the dress itself was facinating.  The base was silk, and different styles of fabric were sewn ontop of it to create the feel of a rose.  She heard it was a collaboration between the Ducheess and some brand-name artist-and it was truly artistic indeed.  When looked at, seeing the flower was impossible, you could only see the subtle shape, the colours, and you could feel that it was a flower.  She smiled again, pleased that she had gone shopping.

Her assistants helped her look gorgeous this time, fumbling with her mane because-being a punk on a date is strange.  Wait.  Did I just think that?  It's not a date, not a date, not a date.  She inhaled, exhaled.  Small, raindrop earings dangled from each ear, and she wore horsehoes lined with silver.  

She looked at herself in the mirror and had to admit, I do look quite nice.

With that, she departed downstairs-where the taxi was waiting.

During the entire ride there, Dawn was fidgeting about nervously, seeming unable to keep still. His heart pounded loudly within his chest, and he had to tug at the collar of his shirt just above his tie because for some reason it just grew even hotter than before and he could feel himself sweating. Luckily it wasn't visible beneath his fancy grey coat, and the cologne he slapped on would keep him from smelling like a sweaty high-school jock. He closed his eyes and leaned back in his seat, taking in deep breaths before letting them out slowly, hoping to calm his racing heart. After what seemed like an eternity, the taxi came to a halt in front of Steam's mansion, and Dawn quickly did a last-minute look over himself. His brown mane was combed back neatly, rather than the casual look he usually had of allowing it to drape into his face. Covering up the tattoo on his right foreleg would be difficult, considering that it reached all the way down to his hoof. Hopefully Steam wouldn't be too offended... a visible dragon tattoo was not the most ideal thing one would keep visible during a dat--- meeting. Dawn sighed and fiddled with the sleeves of his coat, trying to keep it covered. It also looked quite out of place compared to the rest of his formal attire...

Archived