Evil, Hairdye and Other Interests [OPEN]

Cracker3011

Jewel stood in front of her mirror, trembling. She was terrified of the thought of what she was about to do, but there was no stopping it. There never was.

"Do it... DO IT..."

Jewel whimpered in defeat, and began applying the dye to her pelt, her mane, her tail... Changing her appearance drastically. But it did more than that inside. It changed her personality into something that she wished would just leave her alone, let her return to her normal self, stop her destructive manner. But it was no use.

Her eyes zoned out for a moment, just a moment, but then it took over. Jewel Shard was gone. Stygian Wing had replaced her.

She slinked out of her window, taking off into the sky. As the sun set, she let out a sinister, malicious laugh. Tonight, Dark Core would be removed from her way, the first obstacle on the road to her destiny of world domination!

Dark Core, master of all things sinister and evil, crept across the darkening landscape of Ponyville at night"Darkness falls across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand....I love that saying ehheheh" he said to himself; staying low to the ground, the dyed villain crept for building to building, hiding, peeking his head around the corners as he slunk throughout the burg; the cool night air rolled through the alleyways, giving off an almost ominous vibe, as the weather team brought in a large cloud over, letting only a mere shimmer of moonlight escape, "Now...what sort of villainy shall we do tonight?...Perhaps a little vandalism? Or maybe some theft...but what stores would be left unlocked tonight?...Sugarcube Corner perhaps...but no...not after what happened last time...bluh..." the mastermind grumbled to himself as he glanced around. Surely there was SOMETHING he could do that would further his conquest of the town!

First, however, Stygian Wing did need to find Dark Core first, before destroying him... It was kind of necessary, after all.

"He can't be hard to spot... Red sticks out like a sore hoof, that fool!" She muttered to herself, unaware of the hypocrasy in what she had just said.

Circling above the town just below the cloud layer, Stygian watched for the shape of a caped pony presumably hiding in a bush or something.

"Blast, where is that fool?" She spat, lowering herself towards the town for a better, if less subtle view.

"Please... Just leave me be..."

"Silence! You need me and you know it!"

"B-but..."

Stygian shrugged off the protests of her weaker half and continued her search, in a slow, spiralling glide.

Stalking through the shadows as he pondered to himself, Dark remained unaware of his winged stalker flying nearby; not being of the flighted variety of pony, Dark wasn't want to check the sky for wind patterns or cloud cover, instead, his eyes darted to and fro across the landscape, doing his best to make certain he wasn't being followed. Darting over to a bush, the villain dived in and peeked his eyes out cautiously "It's quiet tonight...some would say TOO quiet muwhehehehe, I say it's just right for a little EVIL!!" he monologued to himself, "The Quill and Sofa shop could always use a new, hehehe, paint job..." reaching into his cloak, Dark pulled out a couple filled balloons and lobbed them at the shop, with a small splat, one of the balloons hit, causing a sickly green paint to smear down its walls, while the other one happened through an open window, possibly causing QUITE the ugly mess over a nice sofa, "Bullseye heheheh."

"Fool... His evil is trivial compared to mine!" Stygian cackled, finally spotting Dark Core repainting a wall with paint balloons. She had surpassed him in every way... There was no way he could stand before her now! She was INVINCIBLE!!!

"S-stop..."

"SILENCE!!!" Stygian shrieked, casting her 'good' half back into the recesses of her mind. Let Jewel Shard polish her precious emeralds later, tonight Stygian Wing ruled this body. And by daybreak, Dark Core would be out of the equasion, forever! Stygian allowed herself an evil laugh, it was only fitting after all.

She landed on the roof of a building behind Dark Core, folding her wings and watching him in utter silence. She wanted to favour the moment...

Laughing to himself, Dark stood there, admiring his handiwork, one could take is a modernist expression of the fact that the need for royalty is a stain on society and that one should wash away the old regime! Or one could take it as a giant ugly green splotch of paint all over the wall. Either way, the villainous mastermind was delighted with the results, "Heheh, another perfectly perpetrated act of precisely paradisiac perversity!" he said to himself before slowly beginning his trek through the town once more, searching for another easy target, "The night is still young, time to scoot onto the next, heheh, place to be remodeled!" bounding from bush to bush and tree to tree, Dark moved with, what he thought to be, ninja like reflexes; but, unbeknownst to him, his stalker still spied upon him, waiting for the perfect moment to pounce and attempt to usurp the title of Most Evil Villain in Equestria.

Now, Dark Core would know that his reign of terror was over. A new reign of even more terror shall begin!!!

Stygian swooped down behind Dark Core, alighting quietly, but not silently. "So, Dark Core... We meet at last... Look upon your superior and DESPAIR!!!" She sneered, adding a smidge of grandeur to her speech at the end. This was it, he would now...

...Wait...

...What was her plan again...

CURSES! She had forgotten what she had planned to do once she had him right where she wanted him! No matter, she would not be defeated! NEVER!

While having her inner monologue/rant, to anypony observing (meaning Dark Core) she merely appeared to be standing there scowling at something in the middle distance. How indimidating.

As this clash of evils went on below her, a certain 'pitiful pint-sized pegasus' snuggled deep into a wonderfully soft cloud. Cat Napper never missed an opportunity to catch a cloud a dusk, making the ruby red sunset her bed in the sky as Celestia's time of reign came to a close. The coolness the night provided her, as well as the comforting cushion of her chosen napping spot beneath her, had the filly nodding off almost as soon as that marvelous sunset came to a finish.

Though poor Cat's slumber didn't last long at all, and almost as soon as she'd surrendered to sleep's hold.. yelling. She sighed and gave an irritated groan, in such a packed little town like Ponyville, what would she be expecting? So foolish of her to hope for a moment's peace in the night, right?

After sitting for a moment and letting her irritation simmer down, she stood up and shook herself fully awake, yawning and smacking her lips as she fluttered back down to the ground to see what the commotion was all about.

Of course, of course.. none other than her evil mastermind friend was behind her sleep being interrupted. Him and some other filly, creepy little thing staring at him from a rooftop. At this point, the grouchy, tired pegasus was in no mood to play along with these little games of theirs. She didn't care if the filly didn't want to be noticed, Cat for some reason was just angry that Dark was being followed by another filly. She tried to distract herself from that stupid jealousy of hers and took another note about the two. Black and red must be a new fashion statement or something, both using rather cheap dye as well.

Something about it gave her an angry, prickling feeling.. bleh. She shook that away and approached the two, blinking the sleep from her eyes and giving them both a hard, stern look.

"R'either of you aware.. of what time it is..?"

Dark spun around to see whom as addressing HIM of all ponies in such a manner; upon seeing the stalking pegasus, the evil mastermind let out a laugh, "Superiour? Where? All I see is a crazy filly yelling at me in the middle of the night." shaking his head, Dark pushed his mane back out of his eyes and sneared, "Obviously you know who you're talking to, but it seems your pitifully pathetic petite brain can't comprehend how to properly project a peaceful proposition of perfectly poised palaver. Please allow me to pageant my pique with your pretentious display of profanation. reaching swiftly, Dark pulled another paint balloon from his cloak, and lobbed it at Stygian, JUST when he heard a familiar voice accosting him for his late night mischief.

"Hrk! Uhm, Cat, hi, uhm, It's about..." Dark reached into his cape, pulling out a rather nice looking pocket watch, it was wrapped in black leather and the face of it was onyx with red numerals upon it, "About two in the morning....Heh..." he said with a bit of a cough as he kind of hunkered down, no longer paying any attention to his insane stalker or if the balloon of viscous green paint met its target.

"You da-"

Stygian was unable to finish her diablolical and devastating retort, as she recieved a paint balloon right in the face, resulting in a rather hilarious looking green head opposed to the dark red and black dye. of the rest of her.

She blinked the paint out of her eyes, fuming at the audacity that he should try to resist her inevitable destruction of him, as a new filly, a pegasus arrived. No, not just any pegasus...

"Ah, Cat Napper... Wonderful, I can destroy the pair of you at once!!!" Stygian cackled, perfectly uncaring about waking up everypony in the town.

"But... You didn't even plan on how just fight Dark Core..."

"SILENCE YOU FOOL!!!" She shrieked at her other mind, to outsiders seemingly out of sheer craziness. (Which it kind of was...)

The petite filly rolled her eyes and let out a deep sigh. Dark was impossible to be mad at for long, and Cat wasn't one to stay mad at anypony for long. "Urghh.. sorry for snapping at you.. I'm jus' tired s'all. " She sighed and turned her attention to the now paint coated Stygian Wing, snickering lightly seeing her so worked up over her friend's shenanigans. It was all turning out to be incredibly amusing for Cat after all.. until the other filly addressed her by her name.

"Excuse me?" Now Cat was feeling a little unnerved, her wings shifted nervously over her back and she started to duck closer to Dark. "How d'you know my name and why d'you want to 'destroy' me.. er, us? I've never met you before." Nervously, Cat shot a glance to the villainous colt, hoping he'd explain what the hay was going on.

"S-sorry, just, you know, easier to commit vandalism in the dead of night, rather than in broad daylight." Dark said, shuffling his hooves a bit; sure he could have picked a better place to get into mischief, but this was closest! Plus, it was one of the more traversed areas of Ponyville, this way, surely SOMEONE would see the vile deeds he will commit tonight. Most assuredly the news of the terror Dark would spread would....Did this crazy pegasus just use Cat's name? "Hrk! Hey! How do you know her name? And for that matter who are you, and what makes you think you could even begin to destroy me OR her?" the villain said stepping in front of Cat defensively; just how did this paint splattered pegasus know who Cat Napper was? And for that matter, was she insane? Possibly. Either way, it was clear that Dark wasn't going to go down without a fight by any means.

Stygian Wing cackled like an insane pony (which of course she was) to their questioning. "Fools, you are not the evil geniuses you believe you are! I've been following your every move, waiting for the perfect moment to reveal myself and destroy you! You shall fall, the first casualties on my road to WORLD CONQUEST!!!"

Stygian was so involved in her self-grandeur she failed to notice her intimidatory factor was lessened by the green paint dripping from her mane, and the fact that she had not planned how exactly she would dispose of the pair of them. Jewel Shard, taking a back seat in her own body as Stygian went on her rants, was fully aware of these failings, and was deeply afraid for her safety. She had to do... Something...

Stygian Wing's eyes shifted, becoming less cold, widening ever so slightly. "Help... Me..." She choked, before the eyes hardened once again.

"HOW DARE YOU, YOU FOOL!!!" Stygian roared aloud at her own mind, casting the again helpless Jewel deep into the bowels of her subconcious. The fool could have her body back soon enough, she had 2 ponies to destroy!

The more Stygian spoke, the more afraid the tiny pegasus begame. Cat peeked out from behind her pony-shield and watched that filly, who she was sure now was the creepiest pony she'd ever met, and slowly began to push herself against Dark, trying to direct him away from this other pegasus.

"You've.. been watching us?" Cat swallowed nervously and flattened her ears. They actually could be in danger now, a stalker who wanted to supposedly dispose of them for being evil competition to her. She wouldn't be surprise if Stygian here was an escapee from a mental institution. "Why? We-" Cat's question was cut off, as she saw what seemed to be an alternate personality show herself inside the other filly's expression for a brief moment.

Stygian screamed at... herself.. and Cat was about ready to fly off, hide in her apartment, and lock the door.

She would have, if it wasn't for the fact that Dark was there and being put in danger by this creepy stalker girl. That did it for her, and suddenly feeling a rush of adrenaline knowing that her friend was in danger, Cat's gaze turned directly to Stygian's in the most unfriendly look she'd ever given anypony.

"Alright, listen here, creep!" Cat stood up as tall as she could, wings flared defensively, and placed herself between Stygian and Dark. "I don't care if this is a part of some sort of game or whatever, you're freaking me out. Stop watching us, stop watching Dark, and.. you're not gonna 'destroy' us! Why would you even want to? What have we ever done to you? Just.. get outta here!" Cat snorted and stomped a forehoof as she finished yelling, only to pick up her voice again with another piercing glare. "And.. I'm not evil!! What are you talking about?!"

She was too tired to put up with anything right then, and with a deep sigh, she tried to get a grip on her temper before she really lost it.

Dark rolled his eyes at Stygian's idle threats of destruction, "Uhh huh, yeah, first of all, following us around? Creepy. Second, I've more evil in my EYELASH than you do in your entire body. Third, green makes you look about as threatening as a frog, which is to say, not very. Fourth, do you even know HOW to destroy someone? You're obviously very bad at this and..." Dark's ramblings, however, were cut off when Stygian faltered, asking for help? What was WRONG with this filly? Whatever was going on, Cat certainly wasn't happy.

"Cat, Cat! Breathe, just calm down okay?" he said patting his friend on the back, "Don't get so worked up over this, she's just some weird foal trying to make believe she's evil, though could be insane. Either way, nothing to worry about....And being evil's not so bad... Dark said, shrugging lightly, "I mean look at me! The greatest evil this side of the ocean! If not both sides! No! Know what? Greatest evil in this UNIVERSE! Ah ha, there we go. Universe." nodding confidently Dark shook his head, "Look new blood." he said to Stygian, laughing lightly, "Dunno who you are, don't care who you are, don't care WHY you're trying to destroy me OR take over the world. BUT. Don't think for a moment that you can get rid of me so easy." stepping once more in front of Cat and glaring at his new rival he smirked, "Now, I suggest you and whoever's up in your noggin get gone."

"Grrr..." Stygian Wing growled, indignant that she had been put on the defensive. She was the supreme evil in Equestria! She had...

...Absolutely no plan at all.

The thought struck her like an out of control, fully laden apple cart. She had absolutely no idea how to progress here. She had thought that conquering Dark Core would be a simple matter... It seemed not. And his fillyfriend was proving herself to be quite the nuisance. No matter, she could wait. Let the fool Jewel Shard have her body back. Stygian Wing would return to lurking in the depths of her mind, scheming and plotting her revenge for this insult.

"Remember me fools, and remember my name, STYGIAN WING!!!"

Again, the filly's eyes shifted, back to the original, wider, scared eyes. "I... I... I'm so sorry..." She whimpered, glancing between Cat and Dark over and over, before breaking down and flying away, out of town. She couldn't risk leading them back home, to her innocent parents. She... She would find a stream or river or something, wash the dye and paint off, then fly back home, back through the window.

Through the night, on the outskirts of Ponyville, all that could be heard was the sobbing of a scared and traumatised pegasus filly.

Cat stood her ground, taking slow breaths like her friend advised her, and succeeding in calming herself. She was just cranky and tired, that was it, all the same her abnormally hardened gaze remained locked on Stygian even as Dark resumed his protective stance in front of her.

Seeing her falter for the second time, looking regretful and frightened, Cat's anger quickly melted into pity and remorse. Still, she made no move to stop the poor filly as she fled the scene, it would be best if she went on her way.

Once she was sure that Stygian was far out of earshot, the little filly chuckled softly and gave Dark a playful nudge. "Heheh, that was interesting.. I think you're enough evil for all of Ponyville though. Another villain s'the last thing we need." She snorted and rolled her eyes, still, something about seeing that other filly.. knowing she was watching Dark constantly.. Cat felt that jealousy again. Why did it bother her so much anyways? Dark Core was her irritating friend who she'd assumed care over, nothing more.. right?

Thinking about that suddenly had Cat blushing hotly, and she lifted her wings to over her face and keep him from seeing this. "Ah.. souh, got anything else planned? More.. uh, more dastardly deeds? I s'pose I shouldn't keep you from strikin' fear in the locals.. that Stygian character pro'ly knocked you off schedule... I'll.. be off then." She cleared her throat and turned away, cursing herself silently as she took stance for takeoff.

Snorting and shaking his head as he watched the filly who called herself 'Stygian Wing' turn tail and fly off, Dark couldn't help but to wonder, just what was wrong with that girl? Perhaps she was dropped on her head one too many times, or perhaps she just has an entire screw loose! Either way, crisis currently avoided for now, but who knows when psychosus could show up again.

Turning back to his friend, Dark let out a soft chuckle, "Well, ahh, heh I suppose I probably should...But uhm, if you want, maybe later today, after you get some rest, we could, pssh, I dunno? Hang out or something? Evil never rests but, well, exceptions could be made or something..." he said shuffling his hooves a bit, "If you don't want to, that's fine too, of course, more time for, uh, me to spread evil...or something..."

Now that she was given time to think, and now that the idea had crept into her mind, Cat couldn't get it away. She.. she loved Inkwell, didn't she? Now thinking about it, love was a rather strong word to use.. perhaps that was just a crush. And perhaps what she felt for Dark was also just a crush.. no, she didn't feel anything for him! How could she? He was just some kid, some kid who needed her..

"I uh.." Suddenly feeling a little bit uncomfortable, Cat backed away from her friend with ears flattened, internally at war with herself for such ridiculous feelings in her brain. "Y-yeah, I.. I'd love to. I can stop by at noon, as usual, or some other time if you want." All utter nonsense clogging her thoughts, the poor little filly decided it was best to leave and think about what she wanted for a few, let the evil mastermind here get back to his work. First of course..

"Stay outta trouble tonight." She said, in an unintentionally commanding tone of voice. Once again she found herself leaning in and gently nuzzling her friend, this one lasting longer than it had a few weeks earlier. Cat could only imagine her poor friend's response to such affection, remembering how flustered her brief little nuzzle had made him before, and the thought somehow made her smile faintly to herself. "Stay safe.. alright?"

Jewel finally washed the last of the colour off of her pelt and mane, her silver hair drooping into her eyes from the water. She could just fly home now, get back into bed where it was warm, where her loving parents were waiting...

But she couldn't. She was too scared of her dark side to go anywhere. The presence of Stygian Wing was gone from her mind, for now at least, but she still felt the echoes of her other half. They would eventually ebb away, like the tides... But also like the tides, Stygian would come flooding back. It was only a matter of time.

As the cold dark crept in around her, Jewel shivered by the river. Maybe she should just stay out here, vanish from the minds of everypony in Ponyville, disappear forever. But she was just a filly, and the deep chill and loneliness quickly overcame the poor pegasus. She took off from the riverbank, turning back towards town and flying home, drops of freezing water trailing her like a glistening cape in Luna's moonlight.

Between the cold, the dark, and her fear, Jewel forgot to try to hide from Dark Core and Catnapper, just flying directly home.

Flushing a bright red from Cat's affections, Dark gulped and gently returned the nuzzle, "Ahh I, uhm, y-yeah...I will...I promise....You uhm....you stay safe too, okay?" the villain said looking into her eyes, what made her so different from anypony else? Why was she the one to make him feel weak? The nagging voice in the back of his head that would normally tell him just to shrug someone off and be about his business, and that they weren't worth his time, was oddly quiet, as though it had nothing to say, no witty remarks, no scathing retorts, nothing. But something else in the back of his mind poked at him, something he wasn't sure what was, but he tried his best to ignore it...but the more he did, the more it came back.

After standing there nuzzling her for a moment, Dark snapped out of it and stepped back, blushing brightly, "Ahh, I'll let you...head home now or...whatever. Safe, trip home, alright?" he said turning around to go; as he was walking off, Dark cast a curious glance up at a pegasus flying overhead, odd, who would be out this late at night? Rather than pursuing her, Dark continued on into town, more lost in thought than wanting to do more evil deeds.

Finally pulling her mind out of the happy daze, Cat backed away from Dark and blushed, almost surprised by how strongly her own affections had shown. So wrapped up in her thoughts and confused by her emotions, the little filly barely even noticed as another pegasus flew overhead. She briefly wondered what a filly like that would be doing outside at this hour, but this thought didn't remain long.

She smiled warmly at her poor friend's nerves and turned back to the stance she'd taken earlier. "I will, I will. Keep an eye open for anymore psychos, heheh. Later, Dark!"

In one swift leap, Cat gained flight and quickly soared up and out of sight, briefly looking back at Dark with mixed emotions, and flitting past the cloud she had been sleeping on earlier.

With all that had suddenly been brought into her thoughts, she'd be lucky if she would be able to even consider sleeping that night. The pegasus kept going, hoping to find a silent spot to think over how she felt. Who she loved. The poor filly herself didn't even know anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Thought I would jump in, hope you dont mind. Its my first time RPing, so I would appreciate any constructive criticism. And my pony's name is pronounced Darkmoon.)

about 400 feet above the two ponies, DarcMoun watched what was going on below him from a cloud he had decided to rest on. From what he could see, the two ponies were in love. This observation made him want to go bash his head into something, half from jealousy and half from the fact that it was an obscene hour of the night, even for him, and the argument before had woken him up. The other pony, though, the black and red one. There was something about her. He couldn't quite put his hoof on it. But the filly reminded DarcMoun of himself. Brash at times, but in reality, a gentle pony. Of course, he had no idea that it was actually two alter-egos that made that impression, not just one personality. He rolled over in his cloud, grateful that he could rest once again, but he couldn't get that black and red filly out of his mind. After some time laying awake, pondering what had happened over the course of the night, he finally let the welcome calm of sleep embrace him, and in the back of his mind, he hoped he would meet the filly sometime, they might get along, after all.

((just realized that i may have mistaken the "filly" for a mare. I often get the two confused. let me know if i did.))