SWMLP (Private)

NamelessTrax

Hazel gave one last pull and the ceiling collapsed just beyond Kane and Silverthorn, cutting off the other Magma guards, leaving only a few to fight. Down the hall, Oakly drew his blue saber as he sped towards Kasey and Malacath. The Sith Lord glanced to his side seeing the Jedi, "A threeway fight? This should be interesting." He said taking the ancient saber from his belt, Kasey used the moment to force push Malacath to the wall. Oakly slid in between them deflecting Kasey's swing and grabbing onto the ancient saber, activating its ability. Hazel turned around, only to see the ancient saber rip apart the hallway, cutting them off from Oakly. "Oh for Celestias sake, that ignorant little punk is going to get himself killed." 

Malacath grit his teeth and force pushed both Oakly and Kasey down the hall, the two rolled to a stop before jumping up to face eachother. The two starred for what seemed like ages, then Kaseys went wide in amazement, "Oak...?" He asked weakly. Oakly stood up straight, "Good to see you haven't forgotten me-" He stopped as Kasey withdrew his saber and embraced him in a tight hug. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I couldn't control myself in time... I-" 

"Stop," Oakly placed a hand on Kasey's head as he weeped, "I forgave you the moment it happened. Now it is you, who must forgive himself." He told him softly. Kasey backed up wiping his tears away and nodded. "Touching, I think I'll kill you now." Malacath said as he approached them menacingly. The Brothers glanced at eachother before taking up their sabers and stood togeher facing the Sith Lord, together again.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hazel followed quickly, fear gripping the back of her mind like claws. 'Why am I feeling this way? Has something changed between Oakly and I?' 

Oakly deflected Malacaths saber as Kasey dove him, scoring the back of the Sith Lords shoulder. Malacath growled in pain before forcing the brothers back, they both slid to halts and charged back in. Malacath turned on the ancient saber and parried with Oakly, the shear power bringing him to his knees. Kasey used the force to hold Malcaths other hand as he went for Oaklys head. The three were locked like this for a few seconds before Malacath kicked Kasey back, Oakly rolled away as Malacath unleashed the built up energy of the ancient saber in a beam that blasted through the walls.

Hazel sensed trouble and stopped, putting out her arms infront of Silver and Autumn, just as a red lightning blast seperated them from Kane. The ceiling collapsed, cutting them off from each other. 

Malacath shut off the ancient saber and force pulled Kasey towards him, but Oakly jumped between them, slicing off Malacaths hand holding the ancient saber. Kasey grabbed the saber as he fell into a slid while slicing the Sith Lords side. Malacath lost his breath in shock, his eyes burned with hatred, and with a final act of desperation, Malacath unleashed his force at once. The walls cracked and bent, Oakly and Kasey could brace against it, the floor gave way beneath Malacath letting him vanish away into the blackness. 

"D@mn it!" Kane said to himself as he was cut off from the others. He could sense other beings nearby and faintly heard the sound of lightsabers clashing, He took off towards the sound with his blade drawn. 

Oakly and Kasey stood up, they starred at eachother for awhile, wondering what they should do. Kasey then tossed Oakly the ancient saber, "Here, you deserve it more, for what I put you through." Oakly looked at the saber, "No, Father will keep it safe, better than the Jedi at least." He went to hand Kasey the ancient saber as Kane was in view of them. The two exchanged a brotherly hug, before Kasey started off, "See you around, Brother!" He called back loud enough.

Kane was frozen in place as he watched Oakly give the saber over to Kasey. He didn't want to believe that one of his closest friends had been a traitor who was working for one of their enemies. He felt rage built up inside of him, but before he could approach Oakly he heard the others behind him finally catching up. "Kane! Oakly! We heard fighting. Did you see the Sith Lord?" Autumn asked.

Oakly didnt hear them until he sensed Hazels presence as she and the girls caught up with Kane, he turned around rubbing the back of his helmet awkwardly, "The mission is failed, Kasey got away with the ancient saber, and Malacath escaped. On the bright side he's injured, though right now we should focus on getting out of this ship. Come on, there's and opening this way." He told them with a more lightening tone, as is overcome by joy. Hazel nodded, blinded by her coming feelings for him, "Yeah, lets go."

Silverthorn followed them while Autumn stopped to see Kane glaring angrily at Oakly. "What's wrong?" She asked. Kane shook his head before following the group. "I saw something, Autumn. Something I wish I hadn't." 

They eventually found an opening where they made contact with Boss and his Team, Oakly was in a brighter mood and Hazel only followed with a smile on her face. The Jedi forces beat back the Sith droids, the Cruiser was brought down in mere minutes after Oakly and the others were safely out of the way. The day was theirs, as far as the main battle goes, but for their own it was a loss. 

Back aboard the Jedi Flagship Cruiser, Oakly stood with Black Frost as they reported to the Council. Hazel waited by with Kane, Silverthorn and Autumn. Masters Ark, and Silas were on the hologram board listening to the report, once over, Master Silas congratulated them on beating back the Sith. The Masters weren't too happy about losing the Ancient Saber to The Fallen Empire, but under the Circumstances it was Kasey who personally retrieved it, they didn't press any further. "Oakly, when you and the others arrive back here, come to the Council Chamber for another debriefing. That will be all." Master Silas told him, Oakly bowed, "Yes Maste." At that the holograms were shut off, Black shook Oaklys hand before he walked off to the ships bridge. Oakly turned around to face the others, "Debriefing in th Council chamber when we get back. I'm starving, anyone else?" Hazel quickly raised her hand, "Yes, that sounds like a fantastic idea."

Kane hadn't said a single word since he got on the ship. He only stared blankly at the ground in front of him. Even though he looked emotionless, anger could be felt in his force aura. Autumn could only watch with concern as she wished she could figure out what was wrong with Kane. "What's with him?" Silverthorn whispered to Hazel. 

Hazel barely noticed Kanes attitude change, she shrugged, "Maybe he's just down about not recovering the Ancient Saber?" She answered back. Oaklys brightened mood blinded him from seeing Kanes obvious anger, instead he believed his friend was just sad about not recovering the ancient saber.

"I don't know, Hazzy. You know how Kane is. You know what happens when he gets that crazy look in his eye." Silverthorn replied as Kane looked up at them before turning away again. "He can't just be sad about the saber." She added as they approached Equestria's atmosphere.

Hazel shrugged, "I'm sure he'll be fine, just needs some time to meditate." Oakly looked Kane in the eye, the moment knocked him from his cheerful bliss, the dawning realization became clear to him. Kane was angry for a reason, what did he see? 

A shuttle departed from Blacks ship, carrying the Jedi down to the planet of Equestria below. The tension could be felt, but no one had any idea from who. The shuttle landed, and the Jedi walked off, with Kane and Oakly side by side. The walk to the Council Chamber was awkward at best, Hazel exchanged confused glances with Silverthorn and Autumn. The elevator ride up was just as awkward, all Hazel could think, was how Oakly wore his helmet and didnt have to deal with direct eye contact. The doors opened and the five Jedi Knights entered the chamber, there, all 13 Council Members sat in person waiting patiently. Master Lykos was chosen to replace Master Angel's seat. "Welcome Young Jedi, I have received a well said report from Master Black Frost, now I wish to hear yours." Silas said dipping his head to them as Oakly and Kane stepped to the center, Hazel, Silverthorn , and Autumn stood a few feet behind them. Oakly began to speak, explaining the mission thoroughly. From their entering the ship, to meeting up with the girls, he motioned for Autumn to explain that part before moving on. Then he spoke about seeing Kasey and Malacath in battle, telling how he was separated from the group and faced the two alone. Oakly glanced at Soul to look for any sign of pride, even taking a quick glance at Octavia, before finishing up. He then explained how Kasey had bested him after slicing off Malacaths hand and letting the Sith Lord escape, saying Kasey had taken the ancient saber from him and ran off. Oakly bowed slightly before stepping back, Silas nodded his head in understanding then noticed Kanes expression, "Kane, you seem troubled, is there something on you're mind?" 

"There is, Master." Kane said with venom in his voice as he walked towards Oakly. "That was a good report, Oakly. You did well informing the council of this news. You left a few things out though..." He said glaring at Oakly and walking back and forth. "...like the part where you and Kasey defeated Malacath together. Or the part where you handed the saber over to him. Or maybe even the part where you are your 'brother' embraced each other." The council was shocked and began to whisper to themselves, surprised at the claims that Kane was making. Only Soul stared at Oakly in shock and disbelief as he came to a realization. He couldn't believe that he was so blind to the truth this whole time. even when it was right in front of his face. "It's a bit warm in here Oak,,,,,don't you want to take that mask off?" Kane said angrily, taking his saber hilt off of his belt.

Oakly stood still, unmoved, but inside his helmet he began to sweat. Hazel stepped forward, "What?-" She stopped as Oakly held up his hands, "Kane, please, do you know how ridiculous that sounds?" He asked sounding confident, he neither directly confirmed or denied Kanes accusations, but Oakly had a feeling things could take a turn for the worst. Silas narrowed his eyes, "Thats quite an accusation Kane, Oakly has proven medically that he needs his helmet for life support. Unless you can present hard physical evidence, this is highly inappropriate." 

"No." Soul said sternly standing up, silencing the room. "Take it off, Oakly." He commanded, glaring at Oakly hard. Kane grit his teeth in anger before lighting his saber and charging Oakly, kicking him in the chest to knock him back before slicing Oakly's mask with his lightsaber, completely tearing the mask in half and falling to the floor. Kane's saber just barely missed contact with Oakly's face. Soul stared in shock as he learned the truth of his apprentice. 

Half the Council stood up in shook and at the sight of a threat, Master Ark sat patiently by stroking his beard, Master Silas was in surprise at such a truth being infolded before his eyes. Oak stood up straight recovering from Kanes kick, his bold piercing blue eyes glared back at Kane, "I suppose staying Friends after this is out of the question?" He asked nonchalantly. Hazel froze up in pure terror, her whole body began to shake with fear as she stared at Oak, tears welling up uncontrollably.

10 years ago...

Master Feather led a battalion of Clones against a small Sith Mining Base, a young Padawan Hazel close at his side. The battle was short for them, and a victory would have been theirs, but the Fallen Empire arrived just as the last Sith warrior was slain. Master Feather called a retreat as the Fallen had superior numbers and firepower. During their retreat, Master Feather came into contact with a young boy, whose saber skills and force abilities rivaled his own. Seeing who he was facing, Master Feather ordered his Padawan to run. Hazel felt guilty for running and turned around, only to watch as her Master was cut down. In a mere moment that seemed to last for hours, Hazel looked into the piercing blue eyes of a young boy not too much older than her, she was intranced by him and couldn't move. The young boy simply picked up Master Feathers lightsaber and walked off, leaving young Hazel to cry over her Masters body, scarred with that memory in her head.

Oak turned his head to look back, Hazel met his gaze, screaming in terror as she backed up into Autumn. At that moment, Oak was aware of the Councils readiness to bring him down, "For the record, I am Sorry for your loses." He said before thrusting his arms out wide, blasting his force in a 360 degree circle, forcing everyone back down and blowing out the windows. Master Silas sat up to see the elevator close with Oak inside, it shot down quickly, "Capture him, he must not be allowed to escape!"  

• 3 weeks later...

Autumn held Hazel close to her, hiding her own anger that Oakly had been an undercover Fallen who had killed many Jedi. "No, I'm going to kill this b@stard. He won't escape!" Kane said angrily as he jumped out of one of the broken windows. Silverthorn screamed angrily as she drew her sabers and followed Kane out. Soul sighed and dipped his head. "What have you done, Trax?" he said to himself. 

Hazel shivered as her eyes were void of any sparkle to them, emotions swirled her mind into a turmoil rage and fear, then suddenly she went still. Tavi was the first to recognize it, that sense of pure force pressure building up inside Hazel, the unstoppable power of the Strength type Jedi's. Hazels grews wide as her pupils shrunk, she burst from Autumns embrace and followed Kane and Silver, but using her force she propelled herself downward passing both Kane and Silver. Tavi went to the window looking down, "... Oak.... Hazel... please..."

The elevator doors opened quickly as Oak rushed out shoving past a few other Jedi, at first they were confused but then recognized him immediately. Oak jumped off the third floor balcony and landed squarely on the first floor, the exit just 200 paces ahead of him. But before he could kick off, the ceiling broke above him forcing him to jump back as something landed before him. Oak drew his blue saber and held it at the ready, his eyes narrowed as he saw Hazel through the dust, she stood up straight and glared at him wildly, "You took away my Master, so now I'll take your LIFE!" She screamed angrily before rushing Him head on, her blue double bladed saber lit up and clashed with Oak. Taking a step back to parry with Hazels rising strength, Oak grit his teeth and pushed her back with the force. Hazel slid back still standing then pushed off, rushing him again and meeting in a fury of blue. Oak felt regret tug his heart, she was in a rage and going all out on him, but even still she was hardly a match for his skill level.

Kane and Silverthorn soon appeared behind Oak and charged into him, both of them seething in anger as they unleashed their fury on him, not even realizing how Oak was suddenly better than all three of them. 

Oak turned to the side grabbing his other saber from his waist and lit it up, the orange glow over shadowed all as he parried with Kane and Silver, his other saber parried with Hazel. He wanted to say something to defend himself, but he knew how this would all go down, so went down the alternative route of speech. "So, I take it remaining Friends after this is out of the question?" He asked with a slight grin, Hazel went wide in anger, "You Son of B-" Oak cut her off before she could finish by pushing her off then sliding under and between Kane and Silver, he withdrew his sabers and split kicked Kane and Silver away before speeding up to Hazel as she recovered her balance, only to be face to face with Oak. "You're out of you're league Hazel, stand aside, please." He told her sternly, his cold stare practically froze her in place. Hazel felt fear creep up her spine, but in an instant she grit her teeth and moved to strike. But Oak was ahead of her, he ducked under her swing and spun back, he then thrust his hands forward force pushing Hazel far across the room and into the wall. Her breath was taken from her as she fell onto the floor, too weak to get up. Oak lit up his sabers as he sensed Kane and Silver recovering to their senses.

Kane and Silverthorn got back to their feet and charged Oak again, but suddenly all four of them were separated by a powerful force blast. "Enough!" Soul said glaring at Oak, his blue lightsaber ignited. "I do not wish to kill you, Oakly. I offer you mercy if you lay down your weapons." Although he was glaring at Oak, pain could be seen in his eyes. He was one of his apprentices, he was almost like a father to him, Kane and Silver, but knowing that he was responsible for the deaths of many Jedi, and knowing that Trax had violated their truce before he even visited him, cut him to his core. "Don't do this, Oak." 

Sensing the stress in Souls tone, Oak relaxed a bit, "Before today, the galaxy thought I was dead, slain by my own brother out of rage. In turn, I barely survived, while Father carried on with Kasey. I spent a year in harsh physical rehab on some jungle planet, devising a way to carry on, but I couldn't. So I took to the Temple, I came here and met you, My Fathers Best Friend." As He spoke, the rest of the council was standing at the balcony ledges looking down on the scene. "Here, I spent four years as your student.... Heh, I got a lot stronger thanks to you. Uncle Soul." Oak chuckled, his words were sincere, along with evidence of his harsh rehab. Tavi looked away trying not to tear up, watching her son for the first time in decades now. Hazel stiffened as Oak tore off his robe and shirt, revealing the horrifying scar across his chest along with a few tattoos. Oak readied himself, "I know how this system works Soul, by now the Sentinels are heading here to arrest me, but sadly that isn't an option I'm willingly going to accept. I got to reconcile with my brother," He looked to the side and met Hazels stare, "I also got to know what it means to care deeply for someone else," He then looked back to Soul with determination as Hazel teared up, "I'm not going down without a fight Soul, SO YOU BETTER GO ALL OUT!" Oak yelled before dashing forward at Soul, his increased speed had doubled as he let his emotions out, Hazel screamed out Oak's name in vain.

Soul parried the strike from Oak with one hand holding his saber while his left hand gathered power. He blasted Oak with the force sending him flying back through several walls. Soul came towards him again and engaged him. He was surprised at how powerful Oak suddenly was, and he realized that after all these years, he wasn't training a student, he was simply exercise. Still, Soul was one of the most powerful Jedi masters on the council, and Oak would still struggle to fight his former master. 

Oak met Souls swings with deadly accuracy, he knew his skill level was high, but Soul had years ontop of him. Oak attempted a desperate measure and spun around letting Souls saber graze his left arm so he could get in close to kick him hard in the stomach sending him back out into the main hall. Oak came rushing out twirling around his sabers in a fury of orange and blue, he unleashed a barrage of slashes on the older Master.

Archived