Watchers on the Wall (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"Very well..." Killjoy said quietly as she looked at the large metal gate between them and the north. "RAISE THE GATE!" She shouted with authority. A second later, the large fat started to rise revealing the mile long tunnel. Her sword hand twitched as a smirk grew on her face. She loved going north of the wall, for a war hardened veteran with an icy soul, it was like coming home. She glanced at the group, "let's go!" She barked as she headed through the gate.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Yeah, theres  no excessive magic so I wont bring in Flint. Drop Shot it is! The Bronze Komodo!))

Trax followed Killjoy rotating his shoulders as his cloak blew in the wind, "I always do fancy an adventure."

Out in the Frozen wasteland, a cloaked dark archer pulled black arrows from several Wildmen, "A large patrol for Wildmen, something must have them on edge. No matter, Soul assured me my compatriots would be skilled enough survive out here. Now," He stood up sticking the arrows that were keepable into his quiver, "Onto Godswood."

Blood took a deep breathe of the winter air as he walked out the other end of the tunnel into the north side of the wall. "When was the last time you went beyond the wall, Killjoy?" He asked. "Lord Commander hasn't sent me out in a while. It's good to be here again."

Killjoy thought for a moment "I'd say about a year, seems almost like a holiday...happens only once a year." she said with a blood thirsty smirk as she chuckled "happy holidays everyone."

"Probably good they don't send you out very often. They're wouldn't be any more wildlings for us to kill." Blood said. After about a half hour they reached the Godswood, a section of the forest with different faces carved in the trees. It was a place of worship for any who still worshiped the old gods. Blood brought his hands to his mouth and did a bird call, signalling for their fourth member to reveal himself. 

A whistle back answered them, few seconds later a cloaked figure stepped out from behind a tree and approached them, "Do my eyes deceive me? Once a proud Leader of an Elite killing force, now reduced to a lowly footstool of the Wall?" He pulled his hood back revealing himself as Drop Shot, "Hello Traxy, it's been awhile hasn't it?" Trax threw on a look of annoyance, "Aye it has, guess this answers my question of where you took off to after the war. Didnt want to tell your elder brother where you went off to?" Drop shrugged, "You seemed occupied with other issues, didnt want to bother you."

"oh great....there are two of them." Killjoy mumbled rubbing the sides of her head as she sighed "I'm guessing you are already informed of the details of this mission?" she said glancing at Drop Shot with her arms crossed.

"Yes M'Lady, we are are to find Blade and bring him back." Drop replied turning to her with a dip of his head. He unbuckled one of his falchions and tossed it to Trax, who then strapped it to his side and put his loaned short sword on his back. 

"Dead or alive, he comes back with us. We better get moving if we want to actually find him alive." Blood said, peering deep into the forest, his vision much stronger as a hunter of the night. "This area's scent is heavy. There were definitely wildlings here. They may have been going towards the ice river. Let's go." He said, drawing a deep crimson bow with a dark black string. It was called Bloodraven, and it was one of the two weapons owned by his father, who gave the other weapon to his older brother. He then took off into the woods with great speed. 

Trax narrowed his eyes, the bow was strikingly familiar to a sword he once crossed many years ago, he dismissed the thought and took off after Blood. Drop drew his own bow and followed after them, "Nothing like a cold run to get the blood pumping eh?" 

"oh yes, let's all run because the Lady in the armor can't!" Killjoy yelled as she put on a look of dread "why did I say I needed three people...?" she said with a sigh as she walked after them. 

After traveling for several miles, Blood knelt in a ditch as he could barely see a group of wildlings sitting around a campfire. He squint his eyes until he could notice that one of them was carrying Blade's sword. "I count six. They have definitely ran into Blade, they have some of his stuff." He looked back to the others. "What kind of mood are you guys in? Silently take them out or make it bloody?"

Trax and Drop glanced at eachother, both preferred the silent method, it was in their nature as professional assassins. They turned back facing Killjoy and simultaneously spoke together, "You're call, Ma'm." They could suggest thier say, but ultimately it was their superiors word that was final.

Killjoy watched the group as if analyzing each one in great detail. "well, It's always good to let the ones you kill know they are about to die and what they are dying for." she said quietly as she narrowed her eyes on the carrier of Blade's sword. "that one might be the leader?" she questioned before shrugging "ah f**k it." She said walking out of the tree line in full view of the group "Alright everyone, I'd like to see your leader, I would like discuss the whereabouts of the previous holder of that sword." she said plainly pointed at the man holding said sword. "we can either talk and make this a lot easier..." a sadistic grin grew on her face "or I can kill all of you inbreds." she said now in a chilling tone.

Drop and Trax both nearly lost their balance in surprise at Killjoys approach, "Theres no way that'll work." Drop said as he pulled an arrow from his quiver, but a hand stopped him, Drop looked at Trax questionably. It was then he noticed that gleam in his brothers eye, the gleam of a predator sizing up its competitor, "No, I want to watch this. I need to see Her kill." Trax spoke with a chilling tone, curiosity nagged at him enough, the opportunity presented itself. Drop frowned as he saw that ever frightening grin barely escape through Traxs attempt at a straight face.

The wildling with Blade's sword stood up to face Killjoy, revealing that the man was rather large. "Little crows coming for their dead friend." He said sadistically. The wildlings often referred to the Night's Watch as "crows" because of the black cloaks they wear. The other wildlings stood with their weapons raised. "Our king will be pleased when we bring him your heads."

The side of Killjoy's smile twitched as she chuckled which turned into laughter. "Confident for a bunch a cave people with sticks." She pulled out her claymore as it made a thud as the tip touched ground. "I'll be taking that sword big man..." she said taking steps towards the leader as the tip of her sword drug on the ground. Killjoy knew she had the advantage even though she was outnumbered. Her experience in battle completely outweighed the lot.

The leader shouted and raised a large axe over his head and brought it down towards Killjoy. The other wildlings charged them. Blood quickly drew an arrow and put one of the attacking wildlings down.

Killjoy spun to the side, but as she spun, she used the momentum into a swing as she cut through one of the charging wildlings like a hot knife through butter, allowing the blade to keep moving as it headed towards the leader's throat.

Drop another down after Blood with his own arrow, Trax kept at a kneel as the last wildling charged towards him. Suddenly Trax unsheathed the falchion at his hip, sliced through the wildling, and was sheathed back in one fluid motion. The wildling stumbled past Trax and fell into the snow staining it red. Off to the side was a pattern of splattered blood from Trax cutting through th wildling, "I said I needed to watch this." He spoke coldly as his eyes never left Killjoys fight.

The leader's eyes widened as Killjoy's blade split his throat open. He fell to the ground choking on his own blood before his body went limp. Blood shot the last wildling with another arrow sending him to the ground. He ran over to him and held a knife to his throat. "Where is he?!" Blood said fiercely with his fangs exposed. The wounded wildling spat blood in his face. "You...will die, crow scum. You all will die. The king beyond the wall...comes for you." He said before dying. Blood cursed under his breath before taking Blade's sword from the leader's body. He examined it closely, touching a drop of blood on the sword and smelling it. "This is his own blood on his sword. He's alive, but barely. We must keep moving."

Killjoy growled "didn't even stand a chance" she said scratching the side of her head in frustration "none of these stick swinging savages do..." she said now in annoyed tone, but in the end sighed. Though she wished for a good fight, she knew she'd never find it with the wildlings.

"We can't waste any time then, Blood, take the lead. Lets bring our comrade home." Trax started but caught himself mid walk, "Apologies Ma'm, old habits die hard, after you." He said clearing his throat. Drop chuckled a bit, his younger brother hasn't changed at all since the old days. 

what the actual f#(k, that's the second time they acted like I'm a lady. Killjoy thought to herself before she huffed "let's get one thing straight the both of you." She pointed to Trax then Drop "I am a member of the Nightswatch, my gender is non existent on or north of the wall. So quit the Ma'am and M'lady sh!t!" She said sternly as her glare met the both of them. "Now move your @$$es!" She barked as she slung the blood off her Claymore before sheathing on her back.

((Lol thats mostly me because of my military background, in the army we refer to Officer types as either Sir or Ma'm. What rank would Killjoy be considered?))

Trax and Drop exchanged confused glances, "We only mean it as a sign of respect." Drop admitted. "Since you are the Leader of this group, how would you like to be addressed?" Trax asked curiously, her outburst didnt phase him, but he was curious to the nature of it.

Archived