Watchers on the Wall (Private)

MetalBronyATL

After running for miles, the group was now close enough to see the Wall. Blood took a horn off of his belt as they neared the wall. 

Soul nodded repsecrfully to Luna. "Forgive me, your grace. I have not left the Wall in nearly a decade, I almost didn't recognize you." He said looking to Kane and Thunder. "Go on, there's still wildlings south of the wall to catch." He ordered before looking back to Luna, for he knew who she was looking for. "She's not here, I'm afraid. I sent her north of the wall to-" 

Suddenly a horn sounded as the men scrambled to open the gates. Moments later Drop came in carrying Blade with Killjoy, Blood and Drop following. Soul's eyes widened at seeing Blade alive and the others mostly alive. "Get him to the infirmary, now!" 

Twilight shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe she wants to see the state of the Wall herself. We've all heard the rumors of what going on beyond the Wall." She closed her eyes and sighed. "Maybe she can tell me if my family is safe..."

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trax nodded and rushed to the infirmary with Blade on his back, "Hang in there Son, we're gonna get you the treatment you need." He told him reassuringly. Drop ran up to Soul and whispered into his ear, the very thing that shook the hearts of all Men and Women, perhaps the very reason the Wall was created in the first place.

((lol meaning he said, "Winter is Coming", which translates into the White Walkers are back.))

Tavi smiled and sat down next to her, "I'm sure Soul and Kane are fine, they have each other afterall. Father and Son, which is better than I can say for my family, heck I don't even know where my Sons are let alone my Daughter."

((Good theory but not quite, "winter is coming" actually means that winter is coming. In Game of Thrones, the winters in that world are beyond awful.))

Killjoy stood still as if frozen, in shock. She never thought to see the Black Legion at the wall. The same regiment she led into countless battles years ago, she wondered how many she knew were still alive, let alone still amongst the ranks.  Luna glanced at Killjoy as she felt a deep sinking feeling in her chest as her heart beat sped up. She put a hand over her chance before taking a deep breath, seeing Killjoy for the first time in six years gave her great joy. "Commander Red Veil." She said walking over to Killjoy keeping her composure. The hairs on the back of Killjoy neck stood straight up as she recognized that voice instanly, she turned to face Luna as their eyes met of crimson and purple. "M-M'Lady....what are you doing here." Killjoy said with great confusion. Luna smiled "we need you back Red... the Black Legion needs a commander." She said as a Soldier came up baring a blood red cape with the Empire's insignia. Killjoy just stood there speechless "but Luna...what happened to my exile for killing the western lord's son...?" She asked still not sure of what is going on. "Even after my tries of keeping peace, they still declared war. You were our best...you ARE our best." Luna explained holding the Cape out to her. "Your exile has been lifted."

Killjoy would finally get her life back on the battlefield. Back to the only thing she knew and knew best. Back to war. Killjoy Rea he'd for the Cape but stopped with hand only inches away. She realized the situation she was in, if she went with Luna, she'd be a abandoning the nights watch, but at the same time, if she were stay, she'd deserting her men.

Thunder nudged Kane "let's go before we get scolded for being idle."

The short woman walked up to Killjoy hesitantly, "C-c-commander... please, we beed you back, there is no other who can lead us the same as you have." She spoke trying to sound strong, she pulled back her hood revealing herself as an older Echo Nightflower. Before Killjoys sentencing, Echo was a young Vampire who was asked by Luna to join the Black Legion under Killjoys Command, the little girl idolized Killjoy instantly upon meeting her. Echo was hesitant now, she didnt even know if her idol even recognized her, afterall she only ever spoke unless spoken to.

((I need to watch the show finally))

Killjoy looked at Echo "it's been a while." Even though Echo has grown, she could recognize the eyes from a mile away. "It's a difficult situation..." though it was really her pride of keeping her oath was getting in the way. "I've pledged my life for both the Nights Watch, and the Legion...." she said with a sigh. 

Luna was silent for a moment "Red, I know how hard this is for you, you're not one to go back on your word...but I'm afraid time is short, I'm sorry, but you must choose.

Killjoy's hand rolled up into a fist as she grit her teeth. "My life is for the Legion...I'm a soldier." She said finally grabbing the Cape and clipping it onto her armor letting the wind blow the Crimson cloth. "Soul..." she turned to Soul, regret for breaking her oath clear in her eyes "My watch has ended..."

Soul was silent for a moment as he watched Killjoy put the crimson cloak on. He remained expressionless as he tried to hide the disappointment he felt at Luna for just stealing away one of his most valuable soldiers. "If that is your command, your grace. I can't argue with it. But know this, we are undermanned, we are running out of food and supplies and wildling activity is higher than it's been in decades. Taking Killjoy from us is like taking ten men. With all due respect, your grace, the wars of southern kingdoms are meaningless compared to the duty of the Night's Watch. Should the Wall ever fall, it won't matter who sits on the throne." As Soul spoke, Blood came out of the infirmary to tell Soul about Blade's progress, but he froze when he saw who had come with Luna. "...Echo?"

Thunder and Kane were several miles down the road leading away from the Wall. "What do you think the Princess was doing at the castle?" He asked. 

Twilight sighed. "I am sorry to hear that Tavi. Don't lose hope, they can still return one day."

Thunder chuckled "to get her Lady of Death of course. Killjoy used to command the Black Legion, one of, if not THE most feared fighting force in the world. I'd bet some coin on that statement." He said with a smirk "She's quite the legend."

Luna opened her mouth but Killjoy quickly interrupted "if the day comes and you feel that you are in need, send a raven and the Black Legion will march to your aid, no matter what." She said standing at attention "my new promise to you." She looked at Luna who was a bit irratated for being interrupted but understood why. "I know what lays beyond the walls Soulscream, but without our borders secure, our help would be limited. So in short, this will benefit us both. I get my commander back, and you will have 1,000 elite soldiers at your call. I say we both win from this situation." She said looking at Killjoy and giving her a nod. 

Echo froze up before shakily taking a step back, "B-blood? I-I didnt know you were... alive..." Her voice shook fearfully. The last time she had seen him, Blood and his Elder Brother were locked in a bloody fight for her hand in marriage, as was custom among their kind. Selflessly, she had ran away during their fight, leaving the two brothers to resent and blame each other. Echo loved them both equally, and always admired their kinship together, but she also knew the Elder Brother was dangerously greedy. After leaving, she had always feared for Bloods life. Echo looked down and away in shame, "I-I apologize for my selfishness, I shouldn't have left, but if I didn't... I dont know how I could live with myself if you-... If either of you died."

Trax walked out of the Infirmary and nearly tripped over seeing Luna, he quickly ducked to the side hoping the Elder Sister wasn't here, afterall his technical Wife was the head Tia's Private Guard. Drop couldnt help but surpress a curt chuckle at his older brother, although he was still worried for the Walls safety due to their now current threat.

"So I guess Princess Luna is here to bail here out, huh?" Kane said, wondering if Twilight could possibly have a say in recalling him from the Wall, though not knowing if he would actually go since he was now dedicated to the Night's Watch. 

Soul sighed, knowing he could do nothing in this situation. "Very well. You're free to go, Killjoy." He said turning to Luna. "Your grace, please tell your sister that we need more food, supplies and recruits and that any help we can get would be appreciated. And please...tell Princess Twilight that we're safe." He said, a hint of sadness in his voice. "If that will be all, your grace, I have to keep a good man from dying." He said turning to head to the infirmary.

Blood embraced Echo tightly, holding her against his chest. "It's ok, Echo. I'm done fighting with him." He said as he held her closer. "He loved you more than I ever could. He deserves you. I have moved on to the Night's Watch. My place is here."

Echo starred in confusion, the truth was she didnt know how to feel about either of them, it had been so long after all. "Alright, I-I guess I'll uh... see you later then?..." She said backing up to regroup with Killjoy and Luna.

Trax watched Blood and Echo closely, knowing he should let the Blood know of his brothers whereabouts.... and his deadly intentions....

Many years ago... Trax sat down near a fire with a hooded man across from him sharpening a katana with odd symbols etched on the black blade. The hooded man glanced up revealing amber eyes which gleamed in the firelight, "You ever think about killing the ones you love?" The mans question shocked Trax, when he looked up, he saw the man examining his katana thoroughly. "I do, I want to cut all ties to this earth, and there are only two who can make that happen. One is my younger brother, and the other.... is the woman I love. Perhaps that is why I wanted her, desired her, so I could kill her with my own blade." He spoke with such calmness and assurance, believing his words to be the only truth in this world. Trax felt on edge, starring at the hooded man, wondering how he could believe in something so horrible.

Trax was brought back to the present as he noticed Soul approaching, "Blades condition is severe, but he's strong, he should pull through."

Luna nodded "I'll try my best to see what I can do, but I can't promise enough supplies, especially now with the upcoming conflict, most of OUR resources will be put towards the war effort." She replied "though with that said, we've came a long way and I ask to stay the night, let the soldiers who marched all the way here rest."

Thunder rubbed his chin "I suppose you can put it that way. Though knowing Killjoy, it's more of giving back her purpose in life."

"Very well. My men will take care of you and your soldiers." Soul said, not looking back. He grabbed Blood and dragged him with him as he looked over to Trax. "Come. Let's here what he has to say." 

Blade was lying on a table in the infirmary. None of his injuries were fatal, but he had been tortured by the wildlings pretty severely. His body was covered in cuts and lashes from beatings. Several ribs had been broken and a massive scar ran though his left eye in which only white could be seen, meaning Blade has lost the use of one of his eyes.

"I guess it's hard to have purpose when you're stuck here." Kane said with a sigh, looking over the horizon at the land south of the wall, wishing he could return. "I guess you can't really blame wildlings for trying to cross over."

Echo brightened up a little at the thought of being around Blood for awhile longer, she looked to Killjoy with glee written on her face, "Its good to have you back Commander."

"He's in bad shape, even if he returns to the Wall, he'll need retraining in order to fight with one eye." Trax explained to Soul as they walked up to Blade.

Tavi sighed, "I just hope the old gray dog taught them survival skills and how the workd works, I'd be less worried if they at least sent a raven every now and then." 

Killjoy nodded "it's good to be back in the ranks and I have my army once again." She said scanning all the Night watchmen staring at Luna and Echo. "Echo, you have my permission to kill anyone who tries anything during the night..." she said to her as she glared at the nights watchmen as she held up a rusted spoon. The crowd flinched and looked away. Luna giggled "you certainly made them learn quick about that." She said with her arms crossed. "The only thing these men care about are the things between their legs, you threaten to remove them and back it up, they tend to learn." 

Echo nodded then smirked with one of her fangs showing, "I am a little thirsty, and its been awhile since I last tasted human." She looked back at the Watchmen, to them they could only see two gleaming orange eyes stare back at them with a bloodlust. Of course she was joking, since being under Killjoy, she only feeds on livestock or when Killjoy or Luna gives her permission. Mostly its Prisoners with a death sentence, or when she's on the battlefield and theres time for a snack.

Three cloaked figures stood atop a cliff, looking over a small camp of Wildmen. "The Nightwatch are getting lazy if they made it this far." One of the two taller figures said. "If the Legends are true, they have greater concerns than this trash." The other taller figure commented. They were both young males. The shorter one pushed between the two, "There's only a couple of 'em! Come on, let me take 'em, I can do it! Pweaz?" The high pitch voice begged the taller two, obviously a younger female. The two taller figures glanced at each other before nodding, the little girl looked back down to the camping Wildmen, "Yes, finally a chance to put my Fathers training, and my Mothers good looks to use." The two taller young men both sighed in synch.

Soul grabbed a chair and sat down next to the table that Blade was laying on and looked at him with determination. Blade weakly looked over to him. "Lord Commander...?" he said trying to move before Soul stopped him. "Easy, Blade. Rest." He said as Blade laid back down. "I need you to tell me everything Blade. What happened out there?" Blade starred at the ceiling for a moment before finally speaking. "We...we were near the white cliffs...their hunters had followed us since we left the Godswood. We were ambushed. They killed the others and kept me as their prisoner. They tortured me to get answers...they...." he trailed off as he relived the horrors the wildlings inflicted upon him. Soul sighed and decided not to ask further. "Did you hear anything? Did they say why they were moving south?" Soul asked leaning closer to Blade. Blade was again silent before speaking. "There's an army of them...nearly a hundred clans marching together...they've united under one man...Mephistopheles...they call him the King Beyond the Wall." Soul's face looked grim as he listened to Blade's tale. "He's going to try and cross the wall and invade Equestria before winter comes." Blood added. Soul stood and put a hand on Blade. "You are safe, my friend. You're sacrifice won't be in vain. Now rest." He said turning to leaver. "Lord Commander...there's something else..." Blade said stopping him. "Soul...I saw them...I saw..." Soul immediately knew what Blade meant before he could finish. Not many men had ever seen anything close to a look of fear on Soul's face, but what could be seen was pretty close. Soul left the room without saying anything else. 

Kane and Thunder eventually reached the camp that the wildlings that had crossed the wall had set up. Kane crouched behind a large rock and watched them. "There's about fifteen of them. Got any ideas?"

Trax followed him out at the heel, "I haven't seen that look since we faced the Souths Deadly Dozen in an ambush. Whats the problem?"

A small shape practically glided through the tree tops before perching just on the edge of the campfires light, the little girl scanned the are once more but paused as she noticed two others hiding behind a large rock, she flinched a drew two daggers, "No, this is my chance to prove myself, stay out of it!" She hissed quietly, suddenly leaped off and landed on the back of a Wildman, her daggers spearing into him. Upon the cliff-top, the two shapes split up and moved fast down the hillside, "What was she thinking?" They both asked themselves in unison. The little girl jumped off the wildman as he fell down, kicking another before dodging an axe.

Thunder just shrugged after witnessing the event unfold "I don't really know. Watch and say hi afterwards?" He asked curious of the characters raiding the camp.

Killjoy glanced at Soul seeing the fear clear in his expression. She narrowed her eyes. If it's what she thought it was, she will need to end the upcoming war soon. It was moments like these that made Killjoy glad to be the commander of best soldiers in the land.

The little swished around the camp dodging from all directions as the wildman pursued after her. She let out a scream as the Leader grabbed her by the back of the neck and pulled her hood off, she was a cute and innocent looking girl, with silver hair and light violet eyes. The Wildman all chuckled as the Leader held her up, but before he could make another move, three knives struck his neck at the same time a cloaked figure came from above slicing off his outstretched arm. The figure grabbed the girl and ran off, a second made a B-line straight for the other Wildmen drawing out a sabre. The first Wildman charged him but was met with a quick death as the figure sliced his throat in one fluid movement, the Second Wildman couldnt react fast enough to block the Figures hard kick that sent him barreling back into his comrades. 

The figure turned to look at Thunder before sheathing their sabre and dashing off into the shadows, the Wildmen stand up confused for a moment then charge for Thunder.

The Three figures met up in the woods, the little girl was riding piggyback on one of the young men. "That was too close." The figure said as he re-situated the little girl on his back. "Aye, but it looks like the Night's Watch has arrived, his armor gave it away. Lets head back to our camp, move on in the morning." The other said as they started off heading north east of the Wildmens camp.

Echo glanced around looking Blood, since they were staying the night, she wanted to catch up with him.

Soul sighed before turning to look at Trax. "Come with me. I have to show you something." 

Kane drew his blade as the wildlings ran towards them. "I guess they left us a few." He said as he ran the wildling through when he got close enough.

There was a sudden gust of wind as Echo felt a pair of hands on her waist. "Evening, miss." Blood playfully whispered in her ear, happy to see his old friend again after so long.

Trax went grim and followed Soul, his curiosity peaked.

Echo went bright red in the face, "Hey uh so, we're staying the night, I was wondering if you would like to um, catch up on each others lives. You know?" She asked nervously, out of all the dangers she's faced, this terrified her the most.

Blood smiled at her. "I would love that. I've missed you, Echo." He said kindly. It had been a long time since the incident, and Blood had grown to miss both her and his brother while at the Wall. Since coming to the Wall, Blood thought he had lost his feelings for her and would be alright with her choosing Shadow, but her presence here seemed to reignite a fire in him.

Soul led Trax to the library of the castle where an old man sat at a desk. "Greetings, Maester." He said with a respectful nod. The old man looked up from a book. "Evening, Lord Commander." He replied kindly. "Trax, this is Aemon. He's our castle maester." Aemon was an old man, despite the fact that he appeared to show signs of vampirism. In his youth, he traveled the world attempting to gain knowledge and went by several names, but was often refered to as "The Oracle" due to him practicing mysterious forms of magic. After nearly 20 years of study as one of the Maesters, an order of men who study science, medicine, magic, and other scholarly areas, he joined the Night's Watch to serve them with his talents and has remained ever since. "I've heard much about you, Nameless Trax. They still whisper of you two in the southern kingdoms." 

Archived