Watchers on the Wall (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Echo felt her stomach flutter like butterflies as he orange eyes sparkled, "I-Is there anywhere we can sit down and talk?" 

Trax dipped his head out of respect, "And soon the North will whisper the very same."

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Of course. I want you to see something anyway." Blood said, gently taking Echo's hand and leading her to the lift.

"When my son returns, they will both take their vows." Soul added before looking more serious. He walked over to the Oracle and whispered something in his ear. He nodded before Soul helped him to his feet and he slowly walked over to a large chest. He took an old looking key out and unlocked it, revealing a somewhat large and old tome inside. He took the book and returned to the table setting it down. The book was titled "The Night's King." Soul looked at Trax. "Trax, I wouldn't normally do this until after a recruit has taken their vows, but you're my brother, and I know that if the whispers are true I'll need you more than ever. This is the true purpose of the Night's Watch."

Echo felt a moment of bliss, and nostalgia, as Blood took her hand and led her off. Once before, he had done the same thing and took her to a field of Night Flowers, it was magical night she'd never forget. The hardest part back then, was that both Brothers knew how to treat her, make her feel so loved and cared for. She loved them both, that it would tear her apart having to choose one over the other and cause discord between them.

Trax examined the book, "The Real reason? Soul, what in Celestias name is out there?"

Blood brought Echo onto the lift that led from the castle courtyard to the top of the wall. It slowly began to rise and after about ten minutes, they reached the top. Blood led Echo out of the lift and on to the top of the wall. The setting sun almost perfectly illuninated both sides of the wall. To the north, the light reflected off of the snow just right to make the frozen wasteland seem like a breathtaking landscape, while the rolling green hills and mountains and even the palace of the Crystal Empire could be seen from the south side. The entire scene was breathtakingly beautiful, the only beauty that could be found at a place like this. 

Soul opened the book to a page containing a figure with snow white skin, azure eyes, and white hair carrying a large crystal sword. It appeared to be larger than a normal person. "The first men called them 'The Others,' people in the south often confuse them for wendigos, but you may have heard another name in legends...the White Walkers." The Oracle seemed to shiver slightly when Soul said it. "Thousands of years ago, when the first men came to Equestria, the White Walkers enslaved the land. They commanded a horde of undead that swept across the land like a plague. They brought with them the harshest winter ever known, and they shrouded the land in darkness. It wasn't until an unknown man called "The Last Hero" came with a flaming sword to lead the armies of the light against them. He drove the White Walkers into the north, and the first men built the Wall to keep them from ever invading again. The strongest warriors who fought against them formed an Order to guard the Wall which became known as the Night's Watch." Soul flipped through pages as he spoke before looking back at Trax. "The signs are there...the undead who attacked me, Blade's story...all as winter comes. If it's all true, then we have more than a horde of wildlings to deal with." 

"Wow, its beautiful here, and here I thought this place was nothing but ugly faces and depressing views. This must make it all worth it, well at least for humans, considering we can outlive three of their lifetimes." Echo said as she stood next to Blood, her hand still gripping his.

Trax thought back to his Fathers tales of such beings, "This would explain the recent Wildling activity, their running."

"And yet after hundreds of years, its still breathtaking." Blood said, looking at her smiling. He then realized he was holding her hand and turned red before letting go and clearing his throat. "You look like you haven't fed in a while." He said, reaching into his cloak and grabbing two vials of a crimson liquid. "Here. I have plenty. It may have come from a wildling but it's still human blood."

"That's another problem." Soul said with a sigh. "There's not much we can do for now about the White Walkers, if they're really out there, but we do know that there's still a horde of wildlings and that b@stard that calls himself "King-beyond-the-wall" out there." Soul said, lightly punching the table with that last part. Mephistopheles, or simply "Mephisto," was a wildling-born member of the Watch who abandoned the Wall to live amongst his people in the north, and every day since the Wall heard new stories of devestating wildling attacks thanks to crucial information that Mephisto had supplied. "Uniting a hundred clans of barbarians doesn't make you a king."

Killjoy just stood with her arms crossed outside the door listening to Soul's and Trax's conversation. It was exactly what she expected, the dead are walking once more and it's going to take a lot more than simple armies to push such darkness back. She let out a quiet sigh as she walked away hearing all she needed to. Luna cut her off at the foot of the stairs "So, what's going on?" she asked as they walked together "White Walkers....they've returned after hundreds of years to lay waste to humanity." Killjoy answered thinking about all the different scenarios where mankind could actually win against such a force. "not only that, there's about to be thousands of Wildlings on the wall. Though this time, it's not to just "reclaim" land, they are doing it to survive so they are going to be like rabid dogs with the will of steel. With such few numbers and only a handful of actual fighters. I believe the wall is doomed." she said scratching the side of her head.

Luna thought "in that case, we will deploy all six legions to the western front." she replied. Killjoy looked at Luna "then it will be no longer a war, but a slaughter." she knew exactly what Luna was thinking. Luna smirked "exactly my point, we will make quick work out of the western lords. They will know hell and realize just how much their insolence has cost them." she said putting out her arm and made a fist as if crushing something. "and all under your command, as a....temporary general, you have the skills for it." 

Killjoy thought for a moment "I see, well I suppose I couldn't refuse the chance to command 6,000 elite troops." she said nodding. "Then it's settled, The west will burn."

Thunder pulled out a standard long sword "well, good thing they did, don't wanna leave without a little fun eh?" he said parrying a wildling before stabbing him in the chest as he spun and sliced another one's throat."

Echo giggled and dipped her head as she took the vial, "What doesnt kill ya makes you stronger right?"

"No, but it does present a problem for us. How many Watchmen do you have who are battle ready?" Trax asked as thought quizzically.

More wildlings charged them as Kane ducked under a swing before impaling the wildling and charging into another, disarming him as he removed his head. Though he was still young, the lifelong training from being Soul's son combined with the brutal training of the Wall made him very formidable, as his movements might have resembled a young Soul.

"Good thing we're hard to kill." Blood said with a smirk as he gently poured some of the second vial into his cupped hand and drank it, feeling the blood reinvigorate his body. He looked back to Echo and was silent for a moment. A gentle winter breeze blew through her hair as the setting sun shined on her, making her look like the most beautiful thing Blood had ever seen. He cleared he throat before speaking to her again. "I'm sorry if I was acting weird earlier. I pretty much accepted that I'd never see either of you again. I've had a lot on my mind since being here."

Soul sighed as he looked to a map containing the Wall and its 20 castles, with all but three crossed out. "The Watch has severely declined. Only three of the castles, including this one, are even occupied. If we sent a raven to the other two manned castles, we would have a grand total of maybe 600 men, if we're lucky that is. In other words, nowhere near enough men. Unless..." he trailed off as he looked at the map harder. He tightened his fist. "...unless we strike first,"

"Really? I thought I'd never see you again, not put you down, but when it came to the blade, Shadow was dangerous. You were always the one with a bow and arrow, and I can see things didnt change." Echo began glancing at his bow and quiver of arrows, she recognized the bow instantly, Shadow was given a katana of the same craft. "I was afraid Shadow might have wounded you, or worse, and I couldnt face that truth. I'm such a coward." She added looking away in shame.

Trax thought for a moment, no one would expect the smaller force to attack first, the element of surprise would be their greatest weapon. "But we'll be at a disadvantage, they have the home field. Besides, about two thirds of your Watch wont even fight with their full strength, less go out into the wasteland to fight blood thirsty savages. Not to mention the White Walkers, you'll loose a good percent when they hear of them."

Thunder ducked under an axe blade as it swished through the air "so close." He said with a laugh before driving his sword into his chest and out the back of his neck. A wildling charged him but was met with a blade slicing through his head. "You cetainly have HALF a brain." Laughing even though how horrible his pun was. Though it didn't seem to matter to him, he was enjoying himself.

Killjoy looked back to Soul's quarters. "Just don't do anything stupid until we win the war." She said to herself. "You worry about them...?" Luna asked looking at the same thing. Killjoy nodded "impossible not to be..." she answered as she opened the door to her quarters. Luna nodded as she understood such worry. "Well if Soul is as much of a commander as you, the Nightswatch should hold right?" She asked following Killjoy in looking at her massive collection. Killjoy shrugged "six years here and I have yet to be able to read what goes on in the man's mind." She sighed as she sat down in a chair. "Not a bad quality I admit, makes him unpredictable and gives him a advantage over any regular commander." She explained as she started work on the straps of her gauntlets. Luna nodded "I see, unlike you, you are very predictable but at the same time it's like there is nothing you can do about. People can see exactly what you are about to do, but they quickly realize that you planned for every counter they could make and all they can do is watch your plan unfold." She said with a smirk. "Killjoy thought, I suppose you can think of it that way. Though I suppose you are right about that." She said getting her gauntlets off. "I know I am, I've watched all of your work afterall." Luna said with a laugh. Killjoy got her leggings off. "I always make sure to give a good show." Luna smiled "indeed you do...just wish my sister would approve of you." She said with a sigh. Killjoy looked at Luna "you know why don't you? It's not that of a personal level but a political. Who has the most power in a kingdom?" She asked. Luna thought "the rulers of course." Killjoy shook her head "the most powerful person in the entire kingdom is who controls the armies. That person would be me. Though most of my involvement is with the Black Legion, I have earned the loyalty of six legions. So..."

Luna saw the sense in that statement. "So if you wanted to.." A look of accomplishment grew on her face "you could take over the eastern kingdom!" Luna then looked grim "I see now, I guess me being with you would bring up the thought of overthrowing my sister and take rulership to myself. Though why would she think that, I'm her sister?" She asked. Killjoy shrugged "with how people are, it's not so far fetched. Sons are killing father's and vice versa. Power comes to those who are willing to kill for it." She explained finally getting the chest piece off letting out a sigh of relief. Luna blushed seeing Killjoy half bare "I see, well hopefully in time she will look passed all this."

Killjoy shook her head "in the game of thrones, you live, or you die. There is no middle ground... I doubt Celestia would let such things leave her mind." Luna sighed "you're right..." she said still admiring Killjoy's body "did I ever tell you that you look quite ravashing, those scars make you look tough." She said with a sinister smirk. Killjoy went red "um...N-No you never d-did." Killjoy stuttered as she went wide eyes as Luna tackled her onto the bed.

((Lol. So Killjoy is basically Stannis Baratheon?))

"That was awful." Kane scoffed as he ran through another wildling. The last remaining wildlings was nearly 7 feet tall and wielded a large battleaxe. "Come face your death, crows!" he shouted at them. Kane got into a stance as he anticipated the wildling's next move against the two of them. 

Blood put an arm around Echo and held her close to him. "Don't say that. It was difficult for all of us. But its over now. I'm just glad you're safe." he said kindly to her.

"The 184th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch led a force of 50 men to dismantle a horde of 50,000 wildlings many years ago. 'The Great Ranging' they called it. We have strategy and intelligence on our side. We can cause discourse among them. As for the Walkers..." he trailed off. "We don't tell the men for now. They don't need to know. This stays between us and the others who heard what Blade said." Soul looked out a window and sighed. "Now of all times...when the watch is at it's lowest." 

((not really, Stannis was a fool who followed some witch blindly in hopes of achieving the Iron Throne. Killjoy doesn't desire power or the throne. All she wants is to wage war against a worthy force. I would say she's more like Tywin Lannister. Smart, good with tactics and knows her place, and a scary MFer at that.))

Echo blushed and drank her vial of blood nervously, "Yeah..." She set the vial down and looked Blood in the eyes, "I'm happy your alive, and even happier that we got a chance to meet again. I only wish Shadow could enjoy our company as well... Speaking of which, have you heard from him at all? Last I heard, He was a Mercenary employed under The Silent Fang, Commander Soulscream used to be on that too." 

"Don't forget it only took Seven members of the Silent Fang to take that Southern Fort, alot of strategy went into plan that attack. By the gods did we rely on each other for that one." Trax reminded him as he thought back to their early days with the Silent Fang, they had relied on Shadow at the time to scale the side of the Forts wall, carrying the other six with rope. In the end, they took the Fort in 20 minutes, able to kill a good number of the enemy while they still slept.

Thunder carefully observed the large man "kane." He whispered "large old wound on his right shoulder, I see him favoring it. He will be slow around his right side. Also it looks like his left leg is shorter than his right so his balance is flawed. He will should be easy to take down if we take advantage of these defects."

"Nothing since the incident, I'm afraid." Blood said with a sigh. Even though he was in love with Echo when he challenged Shadow for her, he carried the regret of fighting his brother ever since he left for the Wall. "It's my fault this happened, Echo. I'm the second son. I had no right to challenge Shadow for you. You were his all along, I tried to take you from him."

Soul closed the old tome and stood up. "When Kane and Thunder return, we shall go beyond the Wall to the Godswood at dawn's first light. You will take your vows and become men of the Night's Watch. Then we have work to do. That will be all, Trax." He said as he began to take his leave. 

Kane nodded to Thunder as he noticed the weaknesses on the large wildling. He roared and lifted his axe above his head, but when he did Kane darted at him slashing the wildling's bad leg with his sword. He collapsed to one knee as he growled in pain before swinging the large axe at Thunder, his wounded shoulder exposed to him.

Thunder smiled as he ducked under the axe before driving his sword in the large man's shoulder as her pulled down on the handle of his sword, cutting through his collar bone leaving his right arm useless. Thunder then backed away motioning to Kane to finish the man off. "The honor is yours."

Echo put her head against Bloods shoulder, "You wanted something you loved Blood, I can't blame you for that. Our Traditions can be a little dangerous, but thats our way of life as Vampires. Besides, if you hadn't gone after me, I probably wouldn't have been able to know you as I do now." She spoke softly as she nuzzled against him, it had been awhile since she'd been close to someone like this.

Trax stood at attention before turning to leave, 'Now to warn Blood', he thought to himself.

Kane nodded before looking at the dying wildling. "How did you get over the wall? Where are you all going? Tell me." He said, knowing it would be vital information for his father. The wildling laughed weakly. "There's a storm coming, little crow. And your big wall can't stop it." Kane grit his teeth and decapitated the wildling, kicking his headless body over. "I guess we're done here."

Blood smiled as Echo nuzzled against him. Without thinking about it he kissed her forehead and held her close to him. "I'm glad to see you again, Echo."

Echo blushed but hugged closer to Blood, "Me too Blood." She whispered softly, enjoying the moment of bliss between them. Trax watched them from afar, knowing Shadow wouldn't like what he was seeing, "I hope you're ready for whats coming Blood, it'll be a fight for survival."

A pair of glowing amber eyes watched the two Nights Watchmen as they stood over a dead wildling, "Yes, lead me back to your Wall, so I may exact my destiny."

"You know these people whose never fought an actual battle in their lives, they sure do have a lot of pride." Thunder said light kicking the dead body "though I wonder who those three people were and why they would also be targeting the wildlings, I mean it's not uncommon that people hate them, but that trio gave me an odd feeling." He thought stroking his chin. "Are they assassins? That's not right...who were they....?"

Luna and Killjoy laid side by side in the bed with only a fur blanket covering them, both breathing quite heavily. Luna cuddled up to Killjoy with a bright smile "it's been so long...six years...it has never felt so right until now. I've missed you dearly." She said softly. Killjoy smirked "it has been a long time, too long." She said getting her arm around Luna. Luna looked at Killjoy "Red...there is something I must ask you, you're exile was so sudden and I never had a chance to speak. What happened between you and the western lord's son?"

Killjoy sighed "that boy was arrogant brat..."

((Flash back whoosh!))

A boy around the age of 19, stood on top of a hill with a wide smile on his face as he watched a city burn. He clapped as loud as he could as he saw the Black Legion March forward as if coming straight out of the flames. Killjoy stood in front of the ranks as they both met. "As promised of the princesses, your rebellion has been annihilated." She said taking of her helmet. The boy grinned "good, good. Father will be pleased once he hears the good news." He said estatic. He looked back at the city "I hope they suffered greatly for their treachory." He said coldly. Killjoy clicked her tongue at the young lord "the rebels were put the sword, that is all." She said in an equal chilling tone. The boy had a look of anger after hearing those words "what!? All of them should suffer, why didn't you torture the rebels, violate their wives and hang their children!? They deserve nothing less!" He yelled. Killjoy stood firm as her eyes made it clear she felt much disgust for the boy. "That wasn't our deal, we took care of the rebellion, not kill innocent people." She replied. "You stupid B!tch, go back down there and kill them all." Killjoy narrowed her eyes "last time I checked, I took orders from the princesses, not you. If you want them dead so badly then you are more than welcome to take care of it your self." She said as she walked passed but was met with a sharp pain in the right of her waist. She looked down to see the boy digging a dagger in her flesh. "I said go back down there, you will do as I say or y-" he was cut off as the back of Killjoy's hand slammed into the boy's face knocking him down. The boy growled as he got back up and charged Killjoy but his hand was caught midswing as Killjoy also grabbed his throat "do you honestly think you could kill me and threaten my men?" Her grip tightened as a chilling chuckle sent shivers down the boy's spine "you must be more stupid than you look..." she said as the boy struggled to breath. Killjoy disarmed the boy and slowly dug the dagger into the boy's heart, what was short gasps turned into gargling before the boy went limp. "Disgusting child..." she said dropping the corpse."

((End flash back whoosh!))

Luna ran her fingers on the scar where Killjoy was stabbed "I see, he attacked you with the intent to kill...well now you will be able to tell your story to my sister and everyone who dealt with your exile." She said looking sad "they never listen...because of it I lost you for so long." She said tearing up. Killjoy took her thumb and wipe Luna's eyes "they will listen when I return, if not I will make them."

Kane shrugged. "Who knows? Like you said, a lot of people hate the wildlings. At least the threat is dealt with. We should return to the Wall." 

((My bad guys, had a busy couple of days. Anyway, Trax if it's possible could you hold off Shadow coming to the Wall until later on? I'd just like to get the next part going. That being said are y'all good to timeskip until the next day?))

Archived