Watchers on the Wall (Private)

MetalBronyATL

((I know, Though she's the only woman in the Nights Watch as an exception for HER military background which will all be opened up in due time when the time is right. I guess what im going for is that being the only female in an all male environment, she finds that her gender would only act as a chain and so took out the mentality all together. So long story short, She's just Ranger Killjoy, not a woman, not a man. Just a Ranger of the Nights Watch. Does that make sense, it does to me, but then again i fail at logic sometimes.))

Killjoy glared at Trax for a second before she just turned and started to walk away "I'm just a Ranger...You call me what everyone else does. My name is Killjoy so f*(king use it. Leader or not, I will not hear any more of this "ma'am"...understand?"

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Your call in the end, a realistic reaction to a female in the given situation.))

Trax nodded his head, "Understood, Killjoy." He responded before following her, Drop sighed and pulled his scarf up over his mouth as he followed them, occasionally looking back to cover their rear.

Blood ignored the banter as they continued on their journey. After several more miles, another large group of wildlings could be seen setting up camp. Blood squinted his eyes until he could see his prey. "Look!" He said, pointing to a figure in the custody of the wildlings, who turned out to be Blade. "There he is. That big group of wildlings have him."

Kane emerged from his quarters, gently taking off his bandage to reveal that his hand was now healed. He gripped his father's sword in his hand, getting back used to holding one without pain. He was still surprised that his father had passed the family blade down to him. He walked towards the Lord Commander's chambers, for Soul had summoned him.

((If anybody wants to throw in another character, Kane's about to go on a different mission))

:

((I'm saving Oakly and Kasey for later, I'll let Killjoy have it if he wants.))

Trax and Drop peered out from behind snow drifts, "Killjoy and I can get close to Blade, you two cover us." Trax suggested as he analyzed the camp.

((I feel ya. Just thought I'd offer to you guys. It's not super necessary.))

Blood looked back at the wildlings. "You would have to double time it. There's a lot of them out there."

"You summoned me, Lord Commander?" Kane said to Soul, speaking to him as his superior and not just hit father. "Yes Kane. How is your hand?" he asked. "It's healed. I am ready to fight again." Soul nodded to Kane. "Good. Since you could join the others north of the wall, I have another task for you to prove your worth."

"They all die today, less wildlings, means less work for the Nights Watch. This isn't going to be a snatch and run." Killjoy said as she looked at the large group, outnumbered but not outmatched. "It's obvious this "king beyond the wall" is gathering forces to attack castle black. So it's our job to destroy as many of them as possible. We will do an attack with groups of two, Blood and Drop, you two find a way around and come from behind, we split their forces and even out the playing field. Before you expose yourselves, use your bows to pick a few off." She unsheathed her sword "sound good?"

Drop nodded, "We'll wait for you to engage first before we start." He said before slinking away with Blood to flank around. Trax watched the camp thoroughly, "How do you wanna approach? Hit fast, hit hard, or like last time?" He asked curiously.

((Kill, you gonna put in a character for Kanes partner? ))

Blood got into position on the far side of the treeline with Drop and drew an arrow, awaiting for the signal to attack the wildling camp. 

"Kane, we have been told by scouts from the Crystal Empire that wildlings have been spotted south of the wall." Soul told him. Surprisingly, it was relatively common for wildlings to scale all 700 feet of the wall up and down just to get to the other side. "I'll pick another member of the Watch to go with you, but I want these wildlings taken out. Nobody crosses the wall on our watch." 

((sorry for the delay guys, family and stuff you know, 'tis the season. Though for myu second character, im thinking about ThunderStrum, just let me know what to do with him))

Killjoy watched the large group for just a second long before making a loud whistle, signaling everyone to send their arrows.

Drop drew two arrows, knocking them and then sending them into the backs of two wildmen, killing them instantly as they peirced through their spines. A wildman nearby saw his two comrades fall but was unable to react in time before a third arrow slammed into his chest, impaling his heart, he fell back letting out a sharp grunt. Trax streamed into the camp, light as feather on his feet as he slashed him into the Wildmen, now wide alert as they heard the hiss of death on the wind. 

Killjoy came out of the trees with sword in hands charging towards a small group of wildlings confused by the sudden attack. One Wildling drew his bow and shot an arrow only to snap in half as it hit the hard steel of Killjoy's armor. The archer was soon met with a cold blade that sliced through his neck making his head fall to the ground. The one next to the archer went to retaliate and went to draw his sword but was too late as Killjoy quickly lobbed of his arm before driving the massive sword into his chest. "Worthless..." she mumbled before slicing another Wildling clean in half.

Blood's arrows were lightning fast as they found their way into the hearts of the wildlings. One of them charged Blood from his blind spot, but his heightened reflexes allowed him to quickly pull out a blade and slice the wildling open before quickly firing more shots into the group of wildlings.

"I'm sending another member of the watch with you. His name is Thunderstrum. If you two are successful, it will get you closer to taking your vows." Soul said to Kane. Kane took a breath as his hand rested on the pommel of Whitefang. "It will be done, Lord Commander." Kane said before nodding and leaving the room. Neither of them acted like a father or a son at all. 

Trax ducked backwards under an axe and slashed open the wildmans stomach before deflecting a sword and impaling the second wildman with his falchion, he turned throwing his short sword into a third wildmans chest. Trax ran up to the third wildman as he went to his knees, Trax slid next to him withdrawing the short sword and dualed with his falchion to slice off a fourth wildmans left leg. Trax spun around throwing his short sword again into a fifth wildman, his hand went up clenching around an arrow and then brought it down into the back of  the forth wildmans head. Drop stepped out from his postition as a wildman charged him, he bent back dodging the intital swing of the axe before spining around and sheathing back his daggar, the wildman dropped to his knees as blood sprayed out from his neck. "Was hoping he'd still remember that play." He states as he thought back to firing the arrow just above Trax.

"Trax, Blood, get that cage, get Blade out of those binds quick!" She shouted as she noticed an entire horde of wildlings running down the hillside towards them. "We have to go, there are more than expected, we won't survive if we stay here!" She said hating to admit that their numbers were to much for them.

Trax ran over to the cage picking up an axe and smashing the lock open. Drop knocked an arrow with a small metal ball tip, fire three rapidly at the oncoming horde, instantly they exploded on contact amidst the first few ranks. He drew another but stepped to the side as an arrow grazed his shoulder but only cutting his clothing, "Incoming arrows!" He called out firing the already knocked explosive tip arrow.

Blood dove in front of the cage with a wildling shield to block the arrows before pulling out a lockpick and beginning to pick the bindings. Blade wearily looked up at Blood as he broke the bindings off of his wrists. "Blood..." he said weakly. "Don't talk. We have to go now." Blood said as he tried to stand Blade up. Blade grit his teeth in pain as he had many grievous injuries on his body. "We have Blade. We have to go now!"

Kane arrived at the southern gate of the castle with all of his equipment prepared to meet with another member of the watch named Thunderstrum, who Soul had assigned to go with him. Kane didn't understand how wildlings could manage to climb over the wall, but based on the horror stories he heard it didn't surprise him that some would be so desperate. He was also surprised that his first real mission with the watch would involved going back south of the wall.

Killjoy picked up a corpse from the ground to block the onslaught of arrows. "Retreat to the trees and stick together!" She order as she ran towards the treeline. 

After a few moment a figure in black leather armor and robes approached Kane "greetings young initiate." He said in kind as he pulled his hood revealing a man in his late 30's with dark blue eyes and jet black hair. "My name is Thunderstrum, but just call me Thunder. You must be Kane." He said reaching his hand out for a hand shake. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Trax went under Blades other arm and they began going faster, Drop followed behind cutting down any arrows heading towards them. Once at the treeline, Drop turned firing his last two explosives at the camp fires, causing two large clouds of smoke for cover as they escaped.

Blood carried Blade with Trax into the trees as the distraction allowed them to eventually get away from the wildlings. "Glad you're still with us." He said to Blade. "We have to get back to the Wall as soon as possible. They'll surely come looking for us."

Kane took the handshake and nodded respectfully to Thunder. "Please to meet you as well. I'm sure Lord Commander told you the details of this mission."

Before Thunder could respond a loud horn sounded from the south. "That's the empire's horn. What are they doing here...? Unless..." he said as the large doors opened letting in a woman with purple hair accompanied by soldiers in black steel armor. The woman glanced at Thunder and Kane "where is your Lord Commander...?" She asked with a tone cold as ice. "I must speak with him."

"Well no sh!t Blood, I thought we'd stay and have tea!" Killjoy shouted in sarcasm. "Just keep moving, Trax, Blood, carry Blade. We can't have his feet dragging and slow us down. We must leave as discrete of a trail as possible."

As if on cue, Soul walked out of the main hall flanked by two other Night'a Watch and down the stairs towards the group. He stopped a few feet away from the woman, a cautious glare on his face. "I am Lord Commander Soulscream. What business do you have the Night's Watch?" 

Blade's eyes fluttered as he slipped in and out of consciousness. "Drop...I saw them...I saw..." he mumbled weakly, delusional from the pain he was in but remembering a horrible sight perfectly. Blood quickly stopped and threw a white dust on the ground that contained a strange scent which would throw off the wildlings searching for them before quickly rejoining the group. 

The woman smirked "my name is Luna, co-ruler of the Empire under the moon and sun." She said as if authority radiated from her. "A pleasure Lord Commander Soulscream. Though I must speak with you about my..." she paused "one of your rangers. In private of course."

Drop went wide with fear, instantly understood what Blade meant. "What does he mean Drop?" Trax asked curiously, Drop didnt answer but started picking up the pace which caused Trax to as well. 

Back at the Canterlot, Tavi walked into Twilights chambers, "Any Idea why Princess Luna would visit the Wall? My equal on her Private Guard wouldnt tell me, and I'm just curious." She asked, genuinely curious of the situation but not too worried. Her Equal, Echo Nightflower, on Lunas Private Guard was Smart and Strong, She'd be fine.

Among the Black Steel Soldiers stood a shorter woman in dark purple leather armor, a black hooded cloak covered most of her face, a pair of shiny orange eyes gleamed out of the darkness of her face.

((Hope that's alright, figured since shes a Vampire, she'd be perfect as part of Luna's guard.))

Archived