Richthoof's doodles - 14-08-2011

Von Richthoof

I figured that I could play around with some shadowing techniques again ... and so this image down there was created.

Not much else to say about it. Just showing my OC Iron Cross enjoying some nice and sunny day, listening to the radio.

Minor things on the P-51that aren't exactly the way they ought to be, mainly the exhaust pipes and that plate just below them. Other than that I left out the guns and the pylons for drop tanks and bombs. But well, it's a plane built by this guy up there (probably with use of a lot of magitech) so I figured those little differences to the real one weren't all that grave.

A picture of RD sitting on some cloud was used as a reference used for his hindlegs.

p515.jpg

Comments apprechiated.

• Like 1

Some pretty interesting ideas you got there, though I have to admit that that doesn't quite go with what I have in mind.

The aircraft is using an actual piston engine, as this here is one of his later designs it's probably a fairly strong one too (speak between 2000 and 3000HP), mainly powered by a mixture of Alcohol and Air, but probably at least built trough magiteck if not making use of it here and there ( though I have one problem with using magic on it outside the construction phase, and that's the fact that I believe it sort of would be uncontrollable once it malfunctions, seeing how he has no control over it at all [that was redundant] ... and then there's that other fact that makes me think, that in order to keep up the magic you'd need at least one pony capable of magic. Just my thoughts though.)

Actually that mail thing is a pretty good idea, I had something similar in mind but not having him specifically work for the mail, just occasionally pick up delivery jobs inbetween other stuff.

• 3 months later...

Oh well since I found my old art thread I might as well revive it to post my latest take on some character art ... or well I'm not if you want to call it "character art" seeing how there's barely any character there xD

Anyhow, here you go. Erhay Hartmane with his Messerschmitt Bf-109 G-6 during the war.

Comments and critique apprechiated

hartmane5.png

PS. I seem to have made a mistake with the title, as I can't change it anymore. (or I might just not find the actual button to do so). Either way, ignore the old date :P