[Diamond Dog]Clutch Vibrafang, aka DJ SOUNDBYT3 [Final]

ancara22

Name: The name's Clutch Vibrafang, if you really need to ask. I usually prefer bein' called by my stage name, DJ SOUNDBYT3. Basically what it means is shown on the tin, seems obvious enough if ya ask me.

Sex: I'm a dude, even though some of these mutts down there have spent a good amount of their time back then jokingly sayin' otherwise, the stupid lot they can be.

Age: I'm basically about a full-grown Dog, just recently got there.

Species: I'm a Diamond Dog, and unless fate says otherwise, that's what I am. Got a problem with that, punk?

Pelt Color: Most of my fur used to be a blah gray, but I decided to dye it green to stand out. Hey, you'd dye your fur too if yours looked as dull as mine was.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: I also dyed my hair and tail green, and even dyed the tips of said hair and tail orange. If ya don't like it, you can kiss my flank.

Eye Color: My eyes have a nice, bright shade of orange going on. Helps me see in the dark a bit better when things get ugly.

Cutie Mark: Cutie Mark? Pfffft, who needs a stupid thing like that tellin' ya where your life's gonna go when all ya need is your skills and intuition?

Physique: I ain't gonna lie, i'm a skinny mutt. Probably could be snapped in half by half of those burly lugs if they wanted to. That's why i've learned to use my smarts around 'em, because a smart skinny Dog means an alive Dog.

Origin: Oh, ya wanna hear my origin story? Eh, I got nothin' better to do, so i'll tell ya.

Basically, I was the runt of your typical litter of Diamond Dogs, skinny and weak as a Pup could be. Lemme tell ya, being the skinny one in the pack is not fun, especially if your 'siblings' decide to turn ya into the family chew toy.....in a way I don't think you'd want me to describe. Messy details and all that fun stuff.

For us, we learned three simple things growing up: Gems are the very lively-hood of our species' existence, digging for them is 'the best honor a Diamond Dog can do for his fellow kin' or whatever manure they were sayin' to us, and that gems can do amazing stuff when ya use 'em right. As I was put to work in the mines when I came of age, I soon learned that two of those three things were nothing but buffalo manure, as I soon learned that goin' through that dirt and trying to dig through it wasn't my style. Ya see, I didn't mind it at first, but somethin' felt.....off, if ya know what I mean. It felt like this wasn't my style, wasn't what I was supposed to be doin' with my life. This feeling kept on hittin' me harder and harder until eventually I took a good long myself and said "Buck that noise, i'm gettin' out of this mess!"

I only wished it was that simple though. Ya see, there's a reason why ya don't normally see Diamond Dogs quittin' when they don't wanna do any diggin' anymore: Ya see, any Dog caught leavin' his 'duty' is gonna be branded a traitor, and then come the guards. Big, burly guards 'bout as big as your typical gem stash in the vault. So yeah, not exactly the kind of situation that would be simple for me to get out of. Thankfully though I had a plan, and crazy as it seemed to be in my head at the time, i'm glad I went through with it.

Basically, here's how the plan was to go: First I would go along with my usual routine until I fake an illness, so as to be sent to the recovery hall. From there, I'd be led into the doctor's office to be 'checked up' on. I knew that it always took at least five minutes for the doctor to get from his 'office' to the room i'd be sent into (if ya wanna know why I know this, i'm a skinny Dog, of course I ended up there a lot, so thus I know how his time schedule worked), so i'd use that small window of time to escape from there and then book it out of these mines, never looking back and enjoying a life of freedom at long last.

....Well, that was the plan anyways. A funny thing about life is that no matter how well ya plan things out, they never go the way you hope they do. On the day that I decided to go along with my plan, it went smoothy at first: I went along with my routine, faked the illness, and got brought into the doctor's office. The one thing I didn't count on happening though was the doctor himself being sick as well, and thus getting a replacement to take over for him for the day. I facepawed harder than I ever did when I realized this, and knew my plans were about to go out in smoke, leaving me trapped in these mines forever to deal with this manure of a life I was in. But then, something weird happened.

I dunno what exactly happened next, but right then I decided to make a break for it. I dunno why I came to this idea, or what in my derped brain even thought it was a good idea at the time, but the very next thing I did was push the doctor aside and bolted out of the office. Naturally, as know fate itself hated my existance, the sub doctor called for the guards to capture me for 'assaulting a trained professional'.

For the next several minutes, I ran from these burly thugs they would even dare to call "protectors of our way of life". Just imagine silly chase music playing while one guy gets chased for a long time, and ya get the idea of how it went.

I eventually ran into what seemed to be a dead end, almost certain that those brutes would find and manhandle me, but then came a sound. Yes, a sound, and what a sound it was. It was coming from an entryways to the left of me, and even though certain pain was about to hit me hard once those guards got to me, I felt like I just had to figure out what exactly it was. Following what my big ears heard in front of me, I wandered onwards to....whatever it was. I soon found out, as I saw the most amazing sights and sounds I ever had the grace to see and hear: This Pony, a species I had previously thought was forbidden to come into our home, was making these amazing sounds on what looked to be a table with records on them. She scratched and turned and did all sorts of amazing tricks, and the crowd loved her every move and sound. It was then that it hit me like a ton of rubies: That's exactly the kind of thing I should be doing, that I was......destined to do, pardon the cheesy line.

Unfortunately, the guards were getting close, and I knew that if I didn't figure out what to do within the next few seconds, i'd be spending the rest of my days being flogged by whips (and trust me when I say those things leave a pain on your flank you'll think will NEVER leave). Thus, I was naturally panicking like crazy. I had to figure out something, and fast. This lead to what I did next, and the reason I am who I am today: I ran towards that table thing as fast as my legs could take me, guards following me or not. I was desperate at that moment, and was going for anything I thought could save my flank. I felt that if I could reach that table, I could somehow be safe from all of this madness.

Well, I got to the table quickly, leaning downwards because I was almost out of breath. I looked up and there she was: This one Mare was looking straight back at me, probably wondering what kind of crazy mutt would try to rush up to her. I thought then that my figurative goose was cooked, for I saw those stupid burly brutes had gotten into the room and were searching for me. I was about ready to give up, when something happened that I couldn't believe ended up happening: She gave a smirk towards me and said "Play along with me and you'll be fine." For a moment I was stiff as a stalagmite, honestly surprised that this....Pony would ask me to join her. Besides, back then I thought I couldn't even possibly have anything to do with music. Still, it was either join in with this seemingly crazy mare, or get flogged.

Naturally, I chose the option that didn't involve flogging.

I quickly moved right beside her and was dumfounded by the sight before my eyes: all these buttons, sliding things, knobs, and so on and whatever. I didn't even know where to begin, so I did what anyone would've done then: I copied what I saw her do on the table. I turned knobs, slid things down and up, even scratched records. I wasn't exactly perfect at it, but considering it was my first time ever doing this....thing, I actually wasn't half-bad. It certainly was alright with the crowd, as they seemed to love what I was doing. As time passed on, it seemed more and more obvious that little miss mare wasn't touching anything at all. I looked to my left and saw her just sitting there, watching me. It turned out that the entire time, it was me doing all that. This 'DJing' thing I had done for the first time was the best thing I had ever done, and for the love of Fate, I wanted to do more of it.

Unfortunately, the guards were easily able to locate me and quickly surround me. I thought I was a dead Dog, about to suffer pain that makes me wince to think about to this day. But then she trotted up to me, holding this strange card, and told them "I'm sorry dude, but this Dog's with me now. Can't let such an awesome DJ like this go to waste, right?" One of the guards snatched it from her hoof and looked at it. I could tell his blood was boilin' when he crumpled up the card and threw it at her, looking at me with such a look of disgust and yelling to me "Fine them mutt, you have your freedom. But mark my words, if I ever catch you in these mines again, I shall ensure your pain knows no end!" Yeesh, what a grouch that guard was. Still, I seemingly had my way out of this dead-beat life of mine and into a new one. The only problem was.....what would I do then?

I took a good look at this mare who had, for whatever reason, saved my flank and said to her "Thanks....I guess. So yeah.....what exactly do I do now?" She just smirked at me again and told me these words i'd never forget as long as I still exist: "Just enjoy your life to the fullest, and do what ya think matters most. If ya put your mind to it, i'm sure ya can do anything ya wanna do!" She then trotted out of that room, and that was the last I ever saw of her.

With my freedom gained and the knowledge that this place was pretty much now forbidden for me to ever go back to, I grabbed whatever things I could carry with me and I left those Mines, glad that I was finally done with that gloomy hole in the ground for good. All that was left to do then was to figure out what exactly to do now that I had my entire life to enjoy. I was at first not sure exactly where to go or what to do, but then I remembered that mare and her DJ skills. I then realized what i'd dedicate my life to: I would become a DJ, the best that there ever was, and maybe even gain some respect from others so I could finally stop being seen as nothin' more than a mutt in the eyes of others.

....and that's basically about I ended up where I am today. Sure, there was a period of time between then and now where I had to practice my DJ skills, but I don't think you'd really care much 'bout that. As for this stage name of mine, DJ SOUNDBYT3, I started usin' it 'cause 'Clutch Vibrafang', while a nice name, ain't exactly somethin' that'd catch your attention to be honest. I did it 'cause it sounded cool, and as i've learned from being in the world of the DJ, being and sounding cool is very el importante in ya wanna stand out, if ya ask me. So yeah, if ya ever wondered how I came into doin' all this DJing I do now, now ya know.

Roleplay Type: Mane RP, no questions asked here.

Occupation: As I said before, i'm a DJ and quite a good one as far as I give a rat's flank. I do gigs all over Equestria, mainly whatever gives good pay in bits. Ya gotta be able to eat, after all. But if there's a DJ battle goin' on, all comers inviting, i'm sure as buck goin' to it to show my stuff. After all, the best feelin' in the world is when ya show your skills off and out-do the rest of 'em.

Motivation: Why exactly do I do what I do? Simply put, 'cause it feels amazing, and it's where I ended up going to after that crazy mare led me out of that dump of a 'home' I used to live in. Plus, the beats, the rhythm and the notes as they flow through your ears.....there's just nothin' quite like it.

Likes: If ya ask me, I enjoy my life as a DJ, blasting the day and night away with some sick jams. I also have a fondness for doughnuts that'd put several Ponies to shame. I know, weird, but when I had my first chocolate sprinkled doughnut, it was the best thing I ever ate. Nowadays I always bring a box of 'em with me to every gig I do. Oh yeah, and I also love to experiment a bit with whatever it is I do. After all, the best way to keep it fresh for the audience is to see how ya can mix it up a bit.

Dislikes: I'm not exactly that much of a negative guy usually, but there are a few things that get to me more than anything. First of all, NEVER try to take my doughnuts while i'm performing. That's just a one-way ticket to pain. Secondly, I tend to get a bit serious when I do my thing, and show-offs tend to irk me a bit, especially during a DJ battle. This is a DJ battle dude, NOT a dance battle or a 'lookit me' competition after all. Finally, if there's one 'pet' peeve that's almost driven me to the point of insanity, it's when DJs either go off-synch with their tunes or go VERY loud and jarring. That sort of manure just makes me wince in pain, due to my big ears. It takes a long-flank time to get my ears to start hearing normally after that, ok?

Character Summary: You probably wanna know more about me myself, eh? Well then, I guess i'll start then.

Basically, i'm a skinny dude who ain't exactly what you'd picture a Diamond Dog to look like, but hey, I like to be different from the others. Here's a pic of me if ya ever wanna remember what I look like:

battlepic.png

Not too shabby, eh? Yeah, i'm weird like that. What ya don't see is my fancy pants, orange and stuff, with netted sides showin' off my legs. Even got on these black sandals on my hind paws (it's a long story, let's just say the Stallion these belonged to ain't gonna be missin' these any time soon). My tail.....well, it's poofy. Let's just get that fact out of the way for those of ya who wanna laugh at it. Anyway, I tend to act a bit....like a pain, I guess I could say. I guess i'm an alright Dog sometimes, but I sometimes let myself go and act rude, which is def. not cool to do, 'specially with other DJs if my temper gets outta hand like it does sometimes. Really need to work on that, I do. Anywho, I'm not all that bad though, as I do luvs me some competition. Always gets me in the mood and lets me show off my true DJ skills.....in a proper manner, of course. After all, we ain't her to be fancy, we came to play some MUSIC. So yeah, If ya wanna show your stuff, best be ready to bring your best!

(and thus finally ends the nth hours of typing this silly thing up at least, so I can finally let my hands fall off of my arms in peace. Hopefully I did alright enough for this to be accepted and what-not. :U )

Oh man, that's quite the epic little app you have...methinks Clutch and Vinyl are likely to have quite the rivalry - She may have been his initial inspiration/starting point, but I can just bet they'd have a very competitive thing from then on.

I liiike - we totally need to conspire once this is approved...! :P